She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys

537K 8.4K 786
By lilly-rain

HELLO to all the new fans out there!!

Gun on and enjoy! ;)

~ ~ Chapter Ten ~ ~

Sitting in art that girl who didn’t want to be my friend keeps sneaking side glances at me, how do I know this? Simple - because I am glaring at her; just before class, in the hallway, I was making my way to art - not annoying anyone, well, except that onekid who winked at me suggestively, so Imay have kicked him somewhere painful; but anyway,she suddenly walked up alongside me; head down slightly but obviously keeping pace with me.

So, naturallyI slammed the foot works on hold and turned to stare at her, "What?" I demanded rudely - I don't care, she wasn't exactly very friendly when I tried to be friends with her first.

"Um, my name is Gemma," she replied timidly.

Cocking my head to the side slightly, I narrowed my eyes, "And why would I care?"

"Uh......uh.....um, well.....I was......um.....wondering if, you stillwanted to be....um.....friends?" she peeked up at me through her light brown hair with her big hazel eyes then looked away again.

"Invitation was revoked," I muttered and then stormed off.

So now she keeps looking at me.

"Made a friend?" Brody teased as he nudged me with his elbow and nodded at Gemma.

I shook my head, "Puh-lease."

Harper leaned across in front of me to get closer to Brody, "That's the chick Eva rudely asked to be friends with," he explained.

Brody nodded with understanding now and looked back over at her, "Seems she has changed her mind."

I rolled my eyes, bored of this conversation already, "There are no take backs."

Both the boys looked at me like I was a freak - which technically I am but they just don't know exactly how much of a freak.

We were working with clay today and Brody was making a car out of his - it looked crap though, so I didn't feel bad about what I did next. Curling my hand into a small fist, I smashed it down on top of his 'car' and squashed it.

"What!" Brody shouted out in shock, staring at his now half a car half a squished pile of clay, "What is wrong with you?" he asked as he turned to stare at me in disbelief.

I shrugged and turned away to try and hide my smile, Harper didn't though, and he was in a fit of laughter, pointing at Brody's ruined work. Brody glared at him and then squashed Harper's work - which I have no idea what it even was to begin with.

"Dude! This is war now!" Harper shouted with a smile.

Before I even had a chance to protect my rock,Brody squashed it with his big fat hands. Yes, I was making a rock, deal with it, I'm not artistic at making things, only drawing and honestly I couldn't think of anything else to make but regardless of this; my mouth dropped open.

"I spent all lesson perfecting that!" I shouted in fake outrage.

Brody smirked at me while Harper looked at my work with a WTH face, Brody then leaned over and jabbed his fat little sausage finger - it's not really but I'm not about to say anything nice about the one ruining my work, now am I? Into it, creating a big hole, "It wasn't even anything Eva."

Gasping, I stared at him in fake horror, "It was a rock, duh!" then I stuck my nose up in the air, acting all snobby like.

"My car beat your rock," Brody grinned, and then looked down at his 'car', his grin dropping,"Well it did before some sadistic sister of mine ruined it."

"Yeah, I'm so sadistic Brody," I rolled my eyes, “Besides, it was fun seeing your horrified face,” I grinned over at him.

“I second that!” Harper cried out, throwing one hand up into the air.

"What is going on over here?"

All three of us looked up at Mr T with silent smirks on our faces as he scanned our works of progress, shaking his head, "Maybe I should separate you three," he mumbled to himself.

"C'mon Mr T, it's called 'letting the artist within out'," I smiled sweetly while brushing some small chunks of clay off of my pants and looking back up at him innocently.

He raised an eyebrow, "Hmmmm, alright but this is your last chance, so lock that artistic side up," then he turned and walked over to some other kid who was asking for his help.

"Man, I don't believe he just bought that rubbish you just dribbled," Harper grinned.

I started to laugh but it died down as the sound of far away howling filled my ears, glancing around the room quickly it seemed that no one else could hear it, was it just me then? Then that spine tingling howl from my dream sounded out but unlike in my dream, I didn't feel the urge to go to it.

In fact, I felt angry because I already knew who it was.

I stared at my squished rock and listened to them, they were communicating with one another and it sounded beautiful, then it was cut off. Only to be replaced by voices, some which I recognised.

"I told you not to force her into anything!" one voice growled and if I'm correct, which I'm pretty sure I am; it belonged to creepy pocket knife guy A.K.A Chris.

"I don't care what you say, she will learn she’s mine," Saxon snapped back - man, I would know that annoying voice anywhere.

Everything fell silent and for a few minutes I thought I had been cut off somehow but then they started talking again.

"You can't force a mate to be with you Sax, trust me, I know, she has to want to be by your side, otherwise she will just hate you forever and neither one of you wins."

"Shut up!" Saxon boomed, "I know that! Okay!" then his voice lowered and he spoke more softly, "I know that," I heard him sigh in aggravation, "She just infuriates me when she acts like she doesn't know and I just want to take her right then and there, just to show her who is in charge around here," he muttered.

Someone else sighed with a loud groan, "Like I said, she probably doesn't know, so you can’t hold that against her Saxon. We all can see how stubborn and self reliant she is, forcing her into anything is going to push her further away."

"Just shut your mouth already! I don't need lessons from the likes of you!" Saxon snapped back with a threatening growl.

Someone chuckled, Chris, I think, "Wow, the spirits really do know how to pair them up, don't they? I mean, who else would be able to handle Sax as amate other than someone who is a female version of him?"

"Oh yeah, she really is a female Sax," someone else laughed.

"Eva! Earth to space zombie Eva!" someone clicked their fingers right in front of my face, blinking I leaned back quickly, away from their hand and turned to look at Brody in confusion, "What?" I asked.

He stared at me, and then looked over at Harper, then back to me,"You just spaced out."

"You're so weird Eva," Harper mumbled with a smile.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I looked back up at Brody, "Huh?" I muttered as I tried to listen for Saxon's conversation again but it was gone, I couldn't hear a thing past this classroom. I wonder who and what they were talking about?

Oh, I know, maybe if I help set him up with this girl, then he will leave me alone - but only after I repay the favour of attacking him and messing with his head.

Walking out of art, I had this one last lesson to go before lunch, looking up at Harper I asked, "What have you got now?" then looked back down and checked my schedule, yes, I have been here for a few days already and I still don't know my lessons, I don't have a photographic memory you know.

"Um, history," he groaned, pulling a face.

"Same," Brody muttered.

"Oh, then who has drama with me?"

Both of them looked at each other, than back to me and shrugged, "Probably one of the others," and they walked ahead of me a little.

Grinning like a manic as they were about to pass an over flowing rubbish bin, a plan came into mind. Quickly lunging at their backs, I shoved them both hard, making them fall over themselves and the bin. Naturally, I roared into laughter and sprinted away before either of them could get up and catch me but I did hear Harper shout out something about payback being sweet.

Still laughing, I push the door for drama open and stepped inside the large room complete with a wooden stage, big black curtains hanging down, soft carpeted floors and walls. Lighting all above which wasn't in use right now and directly to my right of the door was a set of hidden stairs leading up.

Smiling, I decided to go and check it out, so I dropped my bag to the floor and climbed up them, the teacher wasn't even here yet so I doubt I will get caught. It took not even a minute to get to the top and I grinned looking all around.

There were open windows all at the front, so you could over see the floor and stage and right in front of those windows was a long desk like thing covered in dials, little levers, switches, knobs and buttons. It wouldn't take a genius to know this was the room you controlled all the lighting and special effects from.

Three swivel chairs were tucked in under the desk and one black lounge was sitting up against the back wall, it was relatively dark in here too. I noticed a bookshelf type cupboard with rows of tapes and CD's lined up in it but before I could walk over to them, I heard my name being called out.

"Eva, get your butt down here!"

Raising an eyebrow I slowly walked over to the doorway that was at the top of the stairs and looked down to see Saxon leaning against the wall of the enclosed staircase, looking up at me from the bottom.

Narrowing my eyes as I glared at him, "How did you even know I was up here?" I demanded as I sat down on the top stair and folded my arms over.

"I could smell you," he replied with a 'duh' tone which I did not appreciate, only I can do the duh tone to him, not the other way around, he is the stupid one, not me.

"Whatever," I mumbled as I stood up and walked down, stomping my feet as I went and making sure to ram his chest with my elbow as I was passing him, sparks flying between us from the contact, making me jump a little but I said nothing about it, "Sorry, didn't see you there," I muttered sarcastically but with a hint of anger lacing my tone.

"Someone’s a bit grumpy today, didn't they get enough sleep last night?" he smirked, halting me in my tracks right alongside him.

Stupid cocky boy!

Glaring angrily at him, "I don't know what you’re on about," I snapped.

His smirk dropped as he went to lean in closer to the side of my face, spinning around to face the way out I took a step but his hand shot up, resting on the wall and creating a barricade with his arm, blocking my exit, "Dream about me last night?" he whispered huskily in my ear, sending shivers down my spine and my heart racing a little too fast at our close proximity.

Swallowing, I shook my head, "Tickets on yourself much?" I shot back and he pulled his arm away, only to have that stupid smirk on his face, the one I wanted to slap off of him so badly.

"Don't worry, I enjoyed our kiss last night too," and he winked at me.

My mouth dropped open and I gasped, "It was just a dream!" I halfshouted but by the amused look on his face, I'm now having second guesses at that. I know waking up with grass and dirt on my feet was a dead giveaway but it could be shrugged off as coincidental, but not now.

"Was it? You were half awake when it happened," he muttered softly.

I shook my head and started to freak out a little and then something clicked inside of my head. I'm Eva Thorn. I do not back down, freak out or panic over guys, even one as good looking and annoying as Saxon.....damn, did I just say good looking? I meant ugly, yep, defiantly ugly.

I jabbed my finger into his chest, ignoring the sensations, "Whatever you did to me last night, you will be regretting, got it punk?" I growled.

He smirked, than raised an eyebrow as he glanced down at my finger, only to look back up and meet my eyes, "Like how it feels Eva?"

I yanked my hand away from him, "I don't know what you want but just leave me alone," I growled as I pushed my way past, shoving him hard into the wall of the staircase. I can't believe that stupid jerk somehow managed to steal my first kiss and in some freaky dream non dream too! Argh!

Sitting down on the carpet with my backleaning against thewall I noticed a few other students I knew but there really weren't that many in here. This would have to be the smallest class I've been in so far. Gemma and Tarsha were in here too and that blond chick who was filing her nails in class on my first day.

Saxon came walking in with Chris and Ryan, he stopped and looked my way instantly then came and walked over to me, plopping himself down on the ground besides me. Chris sat down next to Saxon and Ryan sat down next to Chris.

"Go away," I groaned, purposely banging my head on the wall behind me and kept going, hoping to give myself a killer headache so I can get out of class. I brought it forward and went to bang it back again but it hit something warm and soft this time, yanking my head forward I turned and glared at Saxon, he had put his hand palm side facing towards me and rested it on the wall where my head was hitting.

"Do you want to kill the few brain cells you have?" he asked, teasing me.

Whoa! When did Saxon learn how to tease someone?

"Do you want to leave me alone?" I shot back.

He smirked, "Nope."

I rolled my eyes and went to get up but he grabbed my wrist and held me down, pulling me back onto my bum, I tried to yank free but it was no use. He was stronger than me. So, I glared at him and he glared back, his eyes black but slowly fading back to his naturalpools of dull green.

"If I let go will you stay?" he asked slowly and with a low growl to his tone.

I smirked, "Not even if hell freezes over."

He growled at me warningly and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't scared of him, I pulled on my arm again but he kept his grip, "Don't do it Sax," Chris warned in a low tone. Saxon glared at him for a second, then he sighed heavily, I looked up at his face and he seemed to be struggling with something, like he was having a mini debate inside his own head and working something out.

"Can we start fresh?" he suddenly asked in what had to be the kindest tone I have ever heard him use so far.

I know I looked like a fool staring at him wide eyed and my mouth slightly hanging open but c'mon! I had no idea where this was even coming from. "Uh.....why?" I managed to ask, mentally slapping myself stupid. I can’t be friends with him, I just can’t.

"You're a wolf like us Eva and you need to associate with your own kind. You need to learn what being a wolf is all about, how to control it, how to use your senses. Has anyone taught you anything?" he asked softly, searching my eyes for the answers.

I looked away, "No, I'm the only one in my family like this," I mumbled.

He released my arm slowly and I pulled it onto my lap but stayed sitting in the same spot. He had a point. I can’t change what I am but maybe he can teach me some things, maybe he has the answers as to why I'm like this?

"Do you know that there are packs of us all over the world?" he asked, his tone taking on his usual gruff manner now but it didn't bother me.

My eyes widened slightly as I looked up at him and shook my head. What? The world? And here I was, thinking I was all alone and the only one of my kind, scared about being some kind of mutant freak.

"We have leaders in each pack called Alphas; the packs mostly stick to themselves though. An Alpha is in charge of running the pack, training, defending his people, he is in charge," Saxon was staring at me intently and it was a little creepy but I wanted answers.

"So, is there a pack here then?" I asked slowly and he nodded slowly, "Who is in charge of it then?"

He smirked; "Me," came his cocky reply.

I scrunched my face up and ran my eyes over his body with disbelief, "You?" I muttered, he glared at me slightly, so I smiled sweetly back, "I'm sorry, I just have a hard time believing that anyone would be stupid enough to follow your dumb ass around," and then I jumped to my feet before he had time to stop me and stormed off, walking to the other side ofthe room; sitting down somewhere in the middle of Tarsha and Gemma.

Saxon jumped to his feet and for a split second I thought he was going to storm right over here but he didn't, he stormed out of the class, body shaking and slammed the door loudly behind him.

I smiled to myself. Boy, am I good at yanking his chains or what? Payback for invading my sleep last night; besides, I would rather be clueless than to follow him around and let him be my leader. I'm not stupid; I've seen movies and all, especially after I changed. If I were to join his pack, it would mean he is practically my boss and I would have to listen to him, I won't be able to argue back and there is no way that I'm going to become his little puppet.

"You really know how to irk him."

I jumped slightly and turned to face Tarsha who had a small smile on her face. She was actually really pretty when she didn't look so angry, long thick wavy brown hair and blue eyes; her features were real feminine too.

"Huh?" I stupidly asked, staring at her like an idiot.

"Saxon - you really get under his skin," she chuckled.

Frowning, I was confused,isn't she like scared of him or something?

"Okay......thanks, I guess?" I shrugged, what else do I say to that?

"You really shouldn't though."

I turned to my other side and faced Gemma - little Miss I'm too good to be friends with Eva; I scowled at her, "Shut up unless I ask for your opinion," I snapped.

Her eyes bugged and she quickly turned away.

"Leave Gem alone, she is just trying to give you good advice," Tarsha mumbled.

I turned back to face Tarsha again, "And what on earth would that be? To not irk the boy who has been getting in my way since my first day here? I don't think so; he can just learn to back off," I growled in a human tone.

Tarsha raised an eyebrow, "You don't want to see Saxon angry, trust me."

I rolled my eyes, news flash! I've already seen him angry, he bit my freakin' leg and lunged at me, going for my throat, if it weren't for that red wolf showing up, I would be dead already but I'm not, I survived - barely...but still, I did.

"Saxon can go jump out of a plane without a parachute into a river full of man eating piranhas," I grunted.

"Don't let him hear you say things like that," Gemma spoke up again but softly.

Man, my head feels like a freaking ping pong ball, back and forth and back again. I groaned loudly in frustration and glared at her as I jumped to my feet, "I told you that I don't care what you have to say! What I do is my business only!" I snapped then walked away angrily.

Looking around, I didn't want to sit next to anyone. I was angry and frustrated, so when I saw Chris and Ryan still up the back sitting against the wall, I went and joined them but only much further away and by myself. I figured no one would come near here because of them.

"Stupid annoying girls, no wonder you have no friends here," I muttered to myself with my arms folded over, "Stupid brothers for not being in this class," I added.

Standing back up to my feet I quickly walked over towards the front door, grabbed my bag and walked out before the very late teacher decided to show up. I headed down the long hallway and looked in each class, searching for one of my family members.

After about six doors, I found Travis in one room, up the back and in an arm wrestling contest, the door was wide open and there was no teacher in sight, the entire class just doing what they wanted, so I walked in. I had nowhere else to go, so I figured crashing this class could be fun and entertaining.

Travis looked up at me as I sat down on his desk and sighed heavily, acting all depressed and upset. He let go of his friend’s arm - who winked at me, I pulled a disgusted face while Travis punched him in the arm, "No winking at my sister!" he warned.

The guy chuckled and held his hands up in truce, "Hey, didn't know man."

"Travis, can we go home now? I'm bored here and the people in my class are being mean and annoying me to tears," I moaned. I'm not a whiny person but sometimes I do it to try and play it upa little and get my own way.

"No, but you can stay in here, Mr Preston gave up on us three minutes ago, so it's basically a free lesson," he grinned, then poked my ribs playfully, "And I know yourlying about your class because you only ever cry when you laugh for too long and too much and you would never let a class get the better of you,” he winked.

I rolled my eyes but smiled, brightening up at the prospect of being able to spend this lesson with him, "Okay, so what are we doing?" Travis laughed as he shook his head in amusement.

Looking around the room I knew I needed a distraction from a certain annoying pig headed dream invading jerk, suddenly a few ideas popped into my head and I grinned.

"Uh-oh, what are you planning little sister? I know that look," Travis pretended to look afraid but we both knew he was already on board with me without even knowing what it was yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

899 40 23
High School. A word everyone dreads at some part of their lives because of the social system that exists there. But it's even worse when you have to...
117 39 16
After Clara's parents move to a different country and let her grandfather look after her, he passes away and she is forced to go to a boarding school...
54.6K 2.9K 28
They both have their secrets. Some worse than others, but all of them dark and thorny. Maybe the only thing that can save them from themselves...is e...
See you again By Charlie

Mystery / Thriller

874 132 30
"I'm so done with lies!" said Charlie. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!" I replied. "I want to know the truth!" she said. "I'm a werewolf!" I...