The Royal Games

By AshlingWilliams

Just as I go to slip into my room, the mysterious stranger places a hand on my waist and leans over my should... More

The Royal Games
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - BONUS CHAPTER 1
A/N - Goodbye and Vote
❗️NEW STORY❗️

Chapter 38 - BONUS CHAPTER 2

1.2K 31 1
By AshlingWilliams

Bonus Chapter (2)

Rosaline's POV

"I can't wait to see you again! It's been too long! Call me when you land safely; there'll be a car waiting for you!" I end the call, smiling at the thought of finally being able to see Lexi again. I've missed her so much; we try to call or FaceTime at least once a week but our lives have just been so busy these last few years that being able to physically see each other has become harder and harder. The last time I saw her was probably about a year ago, at Em and Alex's wedding.

I KNOW! How cute right? I'm so happy they ended up together, but it's tragic that was the last time I saw my best friend... I miss her; it can get lonely and a little overwhelming here at the Palace on your 'own'. Well, not that I'm alone but a girl needs her best friend and some respite doesn't she.

"Was that Lexi?"

I turn my head to see Stefan walking into the kitchen. He comes up behind me, placing his arms round my stomach and placing them on my belly.

"Yeah! She was about to board! I told her to call us when she landed, I thought we could send Joseph to go get her." I suggest, referring to my favourite driver of ours.

"Ofcourse, sounds like a great idea." He gives me a kiss on the cheek, before releasing me to get a drink from the fridge. I'd sent the chefs home because I wanted to make a nice homemade meal as a welcome; I don't really cook too often anymore because I don't have to but it's still a hobby of mine. "Is Dylan coming with her?"

I frown. "I'm not sure... I don't really know exactly what's going on with them at the moment... Have you heard from him recently?"

"No... last I heard from him was after they broke up what, two/three months ago now? He said he was taking some time to go travelling or something and I haven't heard from him again since. But I'm sure he'll check in sooner or later, doubt he'll let it get to six months."

"I really don't know what happened with them, but I'm sure I'll find out." Lexi and Dylan have been rather on and off these past few years. I've barely been able to keep up in all honesty, especially with our friendship essentially existing virtually for the past few years. They were together for Em and Alex's wedding, and Lexi told me when they broke up a few months ago. But she never gave me any details. It's sad, I always thought they were so made for each other. But I guess life just gets in the way sometimes?

"Do you need any help with-"

"MUMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" I groan at the sound of our hysterical three year old son's voice echoing through the Palace. What now?

"DADDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" And there's the inevitable screech of his agitated twin brother.

"Yes, you can go see what your kids want!" I sigh.

"Our kids my love." He smirks, pecking me on the lips quickly before hurrying out of the kitchen and following their screaming. As he slips through the  doorway, he passes our other child who comes unsteadily running in. "Mumma!" He calls, his arms extended to me.

"Rhys! Come here honey." I quickly pop all the food I've prepped into the oven before reaching down to pick up my son and bring him to my hip. "Ooof, someone's getting a bit heavy aren't they. Come on, we should probably help daddy and see what mischief your brothers are up to."

Stefan and I celebrated the birth of our first children almost three and a half years ago now. It's hard to believe it's been so long already! Ethan and Lucas are twins (non-identical), Lucas just fifteen minutes older. Rhys followed just over a year later. As you can imagine, having three boys all under the age of four running around is absolute chaos. No exaggeration. I am a little sad not to have a girl, but our boys are so gorgeous I can't be upset at all. They're my whole world; I love them so much.

Rhys and I make our way upstairs to find Stefan knelt in front of our two sons who are stood looking equally stroppy with their arms crossed and faces folded into a frown. As I enter the room, they both look up to me. "Mummy!" Lucas' face breaks into a wide smile and he comes running over to me, throwing himself around my left leg. Lucas is so a mummy's boy, but hey! I'm really not complaining, it's so cute.

"Hey Lucas." I reach my left hand down to pat his back slightly before placing Rhys down on the floor who walks over to pile of cushions laying on the floor, plopping himself down - half jumping half falling. My arm is already slightly numb - honestly, there's no need for weight training or gym with kids! That's for sure. "Now, what happened up here?" I ask, making sure not to offer any kind of rewarding behaviour to either child before finding out what exactly happened.

"Ethan?" Stefan looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to tell the story.

"Lucas hit me."

"Ethan!" Stefan barks. "We've talked about this, lying is wrong. If you're not going to tell mummy the truth then it's another time out for you."

Ethan looks up, scowling at Stefan, before turning back to me. "I hit Lucas." He mumbles. "But it was only because he stole the toy I was playing with!" He rushes out.

"No I didn't!" Lucas let's go of my leg and goes to stand in front of his brother, crossing his arms once again. It's almost comical; they're stood mirroring each other - arms crossed and faces pulled into half a frown and half a sulk.

"Yes you did!"

"No I didn't!"

I can feel myself getting a headache already.

"Ethan-" I'm interrupted by my phone going off.

"I'll deal with it." Stefan smiles. "Boys."

I nod, stepping out of the room so I can actually hear, leaving Stefan to deal with the carnage. Talk about being saved by the bell!

Lexi's name is flashing on the screen. "Heyyyy! Please tell me you're almost here!"

"You know it! I've landed! I'm with Joseph now, see you in a few!" Lexi flew in from Prague; she was there on business so it worked out better for all of us for her to come stay with us straight after. It's much closer than America, the flight's only a couple of hours so it was more convenient for everyone.

"Amazing! I can't believe we get you for a whole month!"

"You bet!"

➰➰➰

"Rosa! Oh my god!" Lexi runs up to me and throws her arms around me. I grin and throw my arms round her, squeezing equally as tight.

"I've missed you so much! It's been way to long, we need to do this more."

"Yes! Yes - I'm so sorry! I've been so awful." She pulls back, reaching out and grabbing each of my arms in each of her hands. "Jeez would you look at you! You're about ready to pop!"

"Hey!" I reach out and slap her arm. "I'm still a few weeks off! Don't be mean!" I stick my tongue out at her. In all honesty though, I am massive. I feel bigger than a train - but I'm due in 5 weeks so I'm almost done. I rub my bump subconsciously: I can't wait to meet you little one.

"Oh you're glowing though." She pulls me back into a hug. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Well, you better start coming to see me more often then!" I laugh.

"Lexi!" She releases me and we turn our heads to see Stefan coming down the stairs carrying Rhys with the twins in tow. He pulls Lexi into a hug when he reaches us, a wide smile on his face. "It's been a while!"

"Yeah! Sorry about that. My oh my! You boys have grown so much!" She pulls the twins into a hug and pinches Rhys' cheek. "I bet you don't remember your auntie Lexi!" Rhys stares at her in silence, neither smiling nor frowning. But the twins remember her.

"Lexiiiiiii!" Ethan sings.

"Of course we remembered youuuu!" Lucas beams.

"I should hope so! Because maybe, just maybe, I brought a little something for my favourite boys!" She winks.

"There better be something for me in there." Stefan narrows his eyes.

"Noooo daddy! She means uuuuuuus!" Ethan laughs.

A ding let's me know food's ready. "Oooh! Food! Boys, why don't you show Auntie Lexi to her room, and if you behave yourselves maybe she can give you your pressies after dinner before bed."

"This way!" The boys each take a hand of hers and pull her in the direction of the steps. A couple of servants follow behind with her stuff.

"Thank you!" I call after the party, throwing it out to both the boys and the servants.

Stefan and Rhys set the table while I finish prepping and arranging the food. "Rosa, come sit down. Take it easy, I'll finish up."

"Thank you honey." I smile in gratitude as Stefan pulls my chair out and helps me into it. My back and feet are killing; as much as I wanted to make dinner myself today it wasn't very comfortable being stood up all afternoon prepping it. Sitting down, my feet literally sigh in relief. Ahhhhhh. Finally.

Dinner was a lovely affair. I said goodnight to the kids at the dinner table and now Stefan's putting them to bed so I can enjoy Lexi's first evening here catching up. We have a nanny but I'm quite anti the idea so we try to keep the kids time with her to a bare minimum. Stefan was basically raised by nannies, and he turned out great for sure but I've always known I want children. So Stefan and I make sure to be as hands on as possible and only use our nanny when absolutely necessary.

"So catch me up! There's so much we need to talk about, starting with Dylan! What happened?"

"I don't know. Honestly, I don't." She sighs, taking a long sip of wine. "I thought we were in a better place; you know how on-again off-again we've been over the past seven or eight years, since your wedding, but I thought we'd gotten past that. We got back together a couple of years ago - for good I thought. About a year before Alex and Em's wedding. It was going great and I thought this was it, but a couple or so months after the wedding things started to fall apart and next thing I knew Dylan was saying he thought we should take a break.

Honestly, I think this is it. I can't keep doing this Rosie. I don't know what he's thinking or what's going on, but it's been eight years give or take. And I can't keep doing this with him; I really thought this was it and we'd get married. But clearly that's not in the cards. Clearly he has no interest in commitment and there's nothing I can do to change that."

"Awww Lexi, I'm so sorry! I don't know what that idiot's thinking... he'll never do better than you, you're the most amazing person I know. Are you sure this is it?"

"Yeah." She sighs sadly, looking into her wine glass. "I just can't take it anymore. I deserve better; I've been waiting around for him for too many years now. I'm done. We're finished."

➰➰➰

*3 weeks later*

"We're back! Thank you so much for watching the kids Lexi!" Stefan and I return home from a fundraiser luncheon for Banardo's we organised and orchestrated. When there's no answer, I give Lexi a call.

"Hey! We're in the gardens! In the maze with the fountain at the centre!" We head out to find them playing tag around the maze, using the fountain as 'safe'.

"Kiddos we're back!"

"Quick! Get to base!" Rhys calls. Stefan and I glance at each other, sharing an eager smile, before taking off at full speed for the fountain trying to avoid Lexi who's 'it'. Well, when I say full speed, for me I mean a very difficult and uncomfortable waddle for me. After a few minutes I have to bow out; my feet just hurt too much and my back is not happy. So I take up residence sitting on the edge of the fountain watching over everyone fondly and acting as referee. That's how we spend the next hour or so until a voice interrupts our fun and games.

"Lexi." We all turn around to see Dylan stood just a few metres away.

"D-Dylan?" She breathes, eyes wide.

"Tag!" Rhys breaks the mood by running up and tapping her leg, taking advantage of her sudden motionless body. She's glued to the spot in shock.

"Hey, buddy! Why don't we go grab a snack?" Stefan calls. We usher the kids inside with us leaving Lexi and Dylan to talk. Just before we turn the corner around the maze I turn to see the two of them sat talking on the edge of the fountain, before they disappear from view.

They're out there for a good couple of hours, and honestly I'm just dying to know what's going on. What're they saying? What's happening? "You're awful!" Stefan chuckles. "Patience never was your strong suit was it honey..."

"You know you're lucky I love you because-"

I'm cut off by the sound of Dylan and Lexi entering the living room. We turn and my eyes zone in on their entwined hands. "Guys! Are you... did you make up?" I hold my breath in anticipation.

They look at each other, sharing a dazzling smile, before Lexi answers. "Yes! And... we have some news...." she holds up her left hand and wriggles her fingers to showcase a gorgeous ring adoring her ring finger that catches in the sun.

"OH MY GOD!" I squeal, grabbing her hand to see the ring before I pull her into a hug. Letting go of Dylan's hand she returns it just as eagerly. "Congratulations!"

"Dylan! My man, about time isn't it." Stefan grins slapping Dylan on the shoulder and pulling him into a hug. Then we swap.

"Dylan! I'm so happy for you!! You deserve this so much, I-"

My sentence is cut off by an all too familiar feeling. I hastily release Dylan and take a large step back. "Stefan! Stefan... my water just broke."

➰➰➰

"I'm so proud of you Rose. You did amazing." Stefan has his arm around me gives the top of my arm a squeeze. "I love you so much. Both of you." He places a kiss on the top of my head.

"We love you too." I whisper exhausted, my voice cracking as the tears threaten to spill.

There's a soft knock on the door. Lexi pops her head round the door - "Can we come in?"

"Ofcourse!" She opens the door to reveal Dylan and our three kids.

After my waters broke, it was chaos. It was a couple of weeks early so we were a little unprepared. Stefan hurriedly packed a hospital bag for me and then whisked me to hospital. We left the kids with Lexi and Dylan who kindly volunteered to watch them for us. And after a 17 hour labour (from when my waters broke), our baby was born.

Stefan is perched on my bed next to me, and I'm cradling our gorgeous new baby in my arms. I'm exhausted; I look a mess, I'm all sweaty and I haven't eaten. But this bundle of joy in my arms makes everything worth it. Because she's gorgeous - that's right! We finally got our girl.

"She's gorgeous." Lexi breathes, mirroring my thoughts exactly as she stands by my bed holding Dylan's hand.

"Congratulations." Dylan smiles.

"Thank you... boys, come here." The boys clamber up onto the bed and crawl over to me, kneeling in front of Stefan and I. "Come and say hello to your baby sister: Sophia Isabella Eloise Williams."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 2720

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 138K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...
2.2K 529 29
#12 in odd out of 4.3k stories. Royal army is after Sapphire after seeing her at ball, they are searching her because of her sapphire coloured eyes...
136K 6.4K 57
Princess Charlotte is next to have her selection. But she doesn't want one. At first. Usually confident Charlotte, can't seem to get it together for...
241 25 18
Being a crown princess, with a selection of princes vying for your hand? What's the catch? Well, for one, love isn't the only thing that's on their m...