The Royal Games

By AshlingWilliams

Just as I go to slip into my room, the mysterious stranger places a hand on my waist and leans over my should... More

The Royal Games
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37 - BONUS CHAPTER 1
Chapter 38 - BONUS CHAPTER 2
A/N - Goodbye and Vote
❗️NEW STORY❗️

Chapter 36

1.4K 29 5
By AshlingWilliams

Recap:

Alexander looks at his son for an excruciatingly long few moments before shifting his eyes to me. They flick between the two of us before finally landing on Stefan. "Ok." He sighs, decidedly defeated, before looking at me once again. "Rosaline, I give you my blessing."

The Wedding 

"Happy wedding day Rosaline!" I groan, opening an eye lazily to see none other than Courtney and Lily stood by my bed, beaming down at me with wide grins and a tray of my breakfast.

Wait - today's the big day! I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY! Okay, ok, calm down Rosaline...

And it's Stefan's birthday. I'm a little sad I can't be there when he wakes up, to wish him a happy birthday. It's his 21st after all! But then, I suppose a wedding of the century is probably a sufficient celebration...

"Rose." I smile into the phone at Stefan's sleepy reply. It's a whooping 5am - torture I know - but the wedding ceremony is set to begin at 12 and it would seem Courtney and Lily think there's a lot to do.

"I'm sorry it's so early but I just wanted to call while I could and say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I squeal, before proceeding to awfully him happy birthday.

"Thank you... I can't wait to see you later. It's been torture."

"I miss you too." We followed the tradition of not seeing one another the day before the wedding, which has oddly felt like an age. I know we've apart for longer before - way long, yet it's been torture not seeing him. Maybe it's the wedding nerves. I haven't been in his arms or been comforted by his words. He always know what to say and do, and I've missed it. Him.

I don't get to speak with him much longer before Lily is taking the phone from me as Courtney runs a bath. After breakfast in bed, which I barely manage to even touch, I'm being pushed into a luxurious bath and being scrubbed all over.

Once out and dry, Lily passes me a gorgeous white, silk robe with the word 'bride' in golden, cursive letters on the back. Sitting me in a chair, she brings me a cup of tea while Courtney dries my hair. Just as she's finishing, in come Lexi, Em and Laura in matching robes but with 'bridesmaid' instead of 'bride' scrawled on theirs.

"OH MY GOD!" They squeal as we lock eyes. The rush in pulling me into a group hug as a team of people follow holding chairs, tables, mirrors, lights and a whole host of other bits and bobs. Within minutes my room is set for purpose, like a factory almost - for brides and bridesmaids. There are chairs for the four of us, each with artificial lights, ring lights and tables with mirrors stood in front of each. And, for some reason, three photographers circle the room ready to take photos. I've no idea why there's so many, but it's not like I really arranged any of this or even had much control over it.

"Madam..." I'm lead to one of the chairs where two ladies are waiting.

"I'm Ariana madam, I'll be doing your make up."

"And I'm Ellie miss, I'll be doing your hair."

The girls introduce themselves warmly, before getting to work. It feels so nice having someone ones your hair and make up doesn't it? I can't explain if, it's just a nice feeling.

It feels like years Ariana spends on my face and yet when I look in the mirror my face looks ... surprisingly sparse? I mean you can tell I'm wearing make up, don't get me wrong. But it's natural and I still look like me - which I love. It merely seems to enhance and sharpen my features. "Close your eyes miss." Ariana sprays some setting spray onto my face as a finishing touch, before moving on to Em's make up.

Ellie makes a start on my hair and now my make up's done, I can look at my phone and catch up on the numerous messages from my family. I just can't believe it's done! I'm getting married... I'm getting married! And to Stefan... aww Stefan. My Stefan.

"Could you close your eyes sorry..." I hear the psshhh of the hairspray, feeling it on the edges of my face as the finishing touch. "All done!" Ellie sings. I open my eyes and smile at my reflection. She's done my hair exactly as I described the other day - better even. It's drawn away from my fave, falling in loose curls over my left shoulder and partially my back with a silver clip with white roses pinning the hair away from my face (pictured below).

By the time my hair and make up's done, it's somehow 9.30am already. Where an earth did the time go? Ellie has just finished Em's hair and is now doing Lexi's while Ariana does Laura's make up - before they switch. We have a hour until we need to start leaving so I have a little time before I have to get dressed.

Em and I sit on my bed and reminisce about old times; even including less than a year ago when the announcement was first made and I was so adamant I didn't want to come and that I wasn't going to enjoy one second of it. Oh what a fool I was.

"Sis, I'm proud of you. I just want you to know, and I'm so so happy for you! You deserve this, and I'm living for it." She grins, her eyes watering.

"Aw Em.... I love you so much! You're the best so's a girl could ask for." I pull her into a careful hug, avoiding touching faces or hair so as not to get shouted at by the team on on standby.

"Bridesmaids!"

Em leaves me to join the others who are already being helped into their dresses. The dresses are gorgeous. They're a light pink - rose gold shade. They have spaghetti straps and lace bodices, the skirts fitted before flowing outward in a mermaid like fashion at the bottom. There's also a wide a-line split at the back, constructed from pink floral lace (pictured below).

"You look gorgeous!" I gush. They really do. The picture of stunning. Their hair styles are all matching too, pulled up in a gorgeous bun with a couple of strands left loose at the front to frame their faces.

"Your turn miss!" Courtney calls.

Courtney and Lily carefully help me into my dress, before help me slip on my matching strappy, stilettos. Thank goodness I practiced walking in these the last few days. "Okay... are you ready?"

Courtney leads me to the mirror and I can't help but actually gasp. Out loud. I look gorgeous. Even more so than when it tried it on in the shop - although my hair and make up is done now so I guess that makes sense. The dress is an off-shoulder white lace, with a sweetheart neckline and puddle train (pictured below). It's absolutely stunning; I love it even more than I did when I picked it out if that's possible. And the alterations have been made to perfection. It fits me like a glove, clinging to me in all the right places and accentuating my curves.

The bridesmaids are given any required last minute touch ups to their hair and make up, before the wedding planners pass them their matching pink heels and a matching pink bouquet each.

It's finally time...! I'm passed my trailing bouquet of flowers; featuring white roses, white peonies, white freesias and tasteful greenery. I take a final look in the mirror as Arianna and Ellie make their last minute touch ups, before I'm ushered out of my room and to the front of the palace.

I gasp at the sight before me. There are two carriages waiting, one in front of the other. The one behind is open topped, pulled by two gorgeous white horses and driven by two suited and buried gentlemen sat at the front, raised up high. The other one - presumably mine - is pulled by an excessive 7 horses; and I can't help but smile at the one in front.

"Storm. Hey girl." I smile. She turns her head at the sound of my voice, letting out a small whinny. Behind her are 6 more dappled grey horses, and this carriage is also driven by two identically suited and booted gentleman raised up high just like the other carriage. This carriage has a roof, with golden detail and flowers adoring it. And stood in front of the open door... is my dad.

"Dad!" I breathe, making my way over and embracing him. I feel my eyes begin to water when one of the wedding planners snaps at me. "No crying!" Widening my eyes to try dry them out, I pull away from dad and take a deep breath to steady my nerves and stop any crying.

"I can't believe my baby is getting married. You look gorgeous... I can't believe it." Dad's eyes well up as he takes me in.

"Dad, stop it. If you you cry I'm going to cry."

"Come on princes." I turn to smile and wave at my gorgeous bridesmaids before letting dad help me into the carriage. And, just like that, we're off! We're on our way...

There are crowds and crowds of people surrounding Westminster Abbey, just like the last wedding. I must admit it's so strange being here, getting married in the very place Stefan was meant to marry Matilda. Where I watched him arrive and then flee on live TV. There's a poetry to it, but it just feels... wrong? But all royal weddings take place here, it's tradition. So there unfortunately was no avoiding it.

"Thank you girl." I give Storm a pat - from a distance as ordered by one of the very scary wedding planners - before giving a big smile and wave to the crowds. On the way to take their positions, the girls each take my hand and give it a squeeze before lining up one in front of the other in front of me.

"I love you so much sis." Em makes.

"You've got this! You look hella sexy." Lexi winks, before moving to take her place behind Em.

Laura, last in line, wiggles her eyebrows playfully. "Let's get you married!"

I finally get into position behind my bridesmaids and ready myself to enter the church.

"You look stunning." Dad offers me his arm, and I link mine in his tightly. Securely.

"Dad?" I ask as I hear Pachabell's Cannon in D major and we begin to walk.

"Yes?"

"Don't let me fall."

➰➰➰

"I can't believe we're married!" Stefan and I are in our honeymoon suite at the castle that's been hired for our reception. We've just had our photos taken in the castle grounds' gardens: there was honestly every possible combo - just me, just Stefan, Stefan and I, both of us with the bridesmaids and best men, each of us on our own with the bridesmaids and best men, us with our families. Every combination you can imagine - we did it! They took over an hour - ridiculous right! While we were doing photos with the family and close friends etc, they rest of the guests were directed to the reception hall and hosted ready for our arrival. After the photos, the bridal party and our family and friends included in the shoot head to the reception hall leaving Stefan and I to change. Well, me to change. But Stefan's kindly coming with me.

"I can. You have no idea how gorgeous you looked today - absolutely breathtaking. I can't believe how lucky I am; I've never been happier." Stefan wraps his arms around my waist and brushes my nose with his.

"Miss!" A maid pulls me away from Stefan and pushes me behind a screen set up in the room. For some reason, I've got a new dress for the reception. I've no idea why the change is necessary, but here we are. I made sure Courtney and Lily were invited to the reception so the girl who's helping me I've never met before. As helps me out of my dress and into my new one, there's a knock on the door. Stefan opens it to find Ellie and Ariana who hurry over to me to fix my hair and make up once more. Ellie replaces the silver clip with white roses, pinning the hair away from my face, with a silver clip with pink roses - to match my new dress.

Finally, all ready, I step out from behind the screens.

"Rose!"

Grinning at Stefan's reaction, I make the way to the mirror. The dress is gorgeous, I just admit. It's a strapless rose gold dress, with pale pink flowers adoring the top of the dress and white beaded lace detail over the bodice flowing down the dress. The skirt comes out and looks around me in a puddle train, the top layer of the dress made of chiffon and covered in glitter. It's stunning (pictured below).

"You know you continue to take my breath away - each and everyday. I always think you're the most beautiful you can be, and then you always manage to top it somehow. Rosaline Williams... I am so in love with you."

"Stefan Williams... I am so in love you." I push myself up onto my tiptoes and press a kiss to his lips. "You ready?"

"Let's do it."

➰➰➰

We descend m the staircase which has been decorated beautifully: large white roses mixed with baby's breath and ivy and other greenery adorn the railings. It looks gorgeous - classy and tasteful (pictured below).

And the reception hall is even more spectacular. It's massive, the dance floor and DJ in the centre of the room against the back wall, and the chairs and tables positioned surround it. The tables each have a beautiful, somewhat over-the-top maybe two-tiered centrepieces, alternating between white lilies and white roses. The chairs are grey and gold, with velvet covering and multiple gold and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling (pictured below). The entrance is the left, and on the opposite end of the room to the DJ stand (out of frame of the picture and farthest from the dance floor) is the long table for Stefan and I, his parents and my parents. The round table directly in front of ours and placed centrally amongst the other tables is reserved for the rest of the bridal party (Laura, Lexi, Dylan, Em, Alex as Em's date and Joshua and Charlie and their respective dates (Stefan's other groomsmen) and Damon (despite him not being a part of the bridal party)).

It's such a beautiful set up. A loud chorus of cheers and applause greets us when Stefan and I appear at the doorway. Everyone stands as Stefan and I make our way to the head table where our respective parents are already waiting.

Stefan helps me into my seat and then turns to our guests. "Ladies and Gentleman! Thank you so much for joining us on this special day. Please, eat drink and be merry!" With that, he sits down just as the servers appear with the first course and we prepare ourselves for the night ahead: speeches, drinks, dancing, partying and just general merriment. What a day it's been - or rather, what a day it is! It's not over yet...

I turn to look at Stefan on my right; I can't believe my luck. I got my fairytale ending - I got the Prince. I got my Prince Charming. And I can't imagine ever loving anyone or anything more. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." I whisper, taking Stefan's hand in mine.

He raises our hands to his lips and presses a kiss on mine. "And I you - I love you. Forever and always."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 2663

THE END!!! I can't believe it! Finally .... after so long, it's done !!! Please please please leave me a comment and a vote if you enjoyed it! Thank you so much ❤️

I apologise for all the pictures in this chapter - but, if you can't tell 😉, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WEDDINGS! And I just wanted the excuse to google some gorgeous wedding inspo hehe 😍

And finally, keep an eye out!!! There are a couple more parts to publish as part of this story so don't hurry away too quickly hehe 😉

I love you all so much! Thank you again,
-ashling-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 51 16
Ariel Peters has always had a rich life. Her family were royals, therefore she was set to marry another royal. However, a new deal is made when the n...
22.4K 2.4K 36
When Mila finds out she's pregnant from a one-night stand with a reluctant prince, she is thrust into a fake romance with him; are her feelings that...
20.6K 2.5K 46
If you've come expecting a fairytale about Prince Charming, Fairy Godmothers, and evil parents; You may look further, however, this isn't quite the...
3.3M 138K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...