My love won't let you down...

By prvntissbby

⤷ « The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. » Emily and JJ have been working together at the BAU... More

Prentiss
Ready or not?
Jemily
Gone
By your side
Targets
Safe house
Jeffrey Charles
Home
If you say so
Together
Confetti
More than anything

My love won't let you down

1.1K 22 2
By prvntissbby

** = play the song

                                    May 15th

The day of the wedding arrived. They spent everyday checking their lists and stuff and everything seemed to be perfect.
JJ and Emily woke up at 8am, visibly nervous and excited at the same time. It was their wedding, nothing could've ruined it.

"Good morning wifey." Emily said leaning to kiss the blonde, who kissed her back and stretched.

"Good morning babe. I can't wait." JJ said and got up. "Wanna eat something? Garcia should be here at 9.30 so we can leave."

Emily nodded and got up, stretching her body. They went down in the kitchen and JJ turned on the coffee machine.

"Can you believe it? Today we're getting married." the blonde whispered while hugging the other woman from behind.

"Nope. My mind makes me think that I'm dreaming, but I swear this will be the best day ever." the brunette kissed her forehead and poured the coffee into two cups.

« This woman stole my heart... And it's the best thing I ever wished for. God. »

They ate their breakfast then they went back upstairs and packed their bags; their dresses were already at Rossi's house since Penelope went to pick them up the day before.

"We just need to take a shower, we have some time till Pen arrives." JJ said while heading to the bathroom. "Wanna come with me?" she smirked and took off her pjs.

"Of course babe." the brunette answered, took off her clothes and turned on the shower. "But we can't stay in here forever." she giggled as the other woman entered the shower and she pulled her in.

"Hmm I know, but I'd love to."

Ten minutes later they were already out of the shower and started to get ready; they wore a sweatshirt and some pants since they would've wore their dresses at Rossi's.
They heard the doorbell ring and Emily went downstairs to open the door.

"OH MY GOD THIS IS YOUR DAY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!" Penelope screamed as she entered the house, Emily laughed and JJ heard everything from upstairs, laughing too.

"Good morning Pen, we're almost ready." Emily said and went upstairs, the blonde following her.

"Hey Pen!!" JJ said smiling while putting the last things in a bag. "I think we can go, I don't think I left something."

They grabbed everything and went out, they got in Garcia's car and headed to Rossi's.

Meanwhile the team was decorating the place; they put the same arch of the proposal in the yard, flowers and lights on the sides and some candles. There was a little aisle and on the sides some chairs and the table was on the porch.
Rossi was still cooking, Morgan and Reid were checking out everything and Hotch was reviewing with Jack what he should've done as a ring bearer.

Penelope and the couple arrived at Dave's and they greeted everyone.

"Are you ready?" Rossi asked with a smile while he was bringing some trays outside.

"Kinda?.." Emily said giggling and JJ elbow hit her. "Hey!"

"You are ready to marry me." the blonde answered smiling.

"Yes baby, I am." she giggled and nodded her head.

"Now we need to get ready. I'm gonna do JJ's makeup first then yours." Penelope said and grabbed JJ's hand, going upstairs.

Emily sat on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand and relaxed a bit waiting for her turn.

One hour later Penelope went downstairs smiling. "C'mon baby. JJ is gonna come downstairs as soon as you are in the other room and you can't see her."

"Why? She's already wearing the dress?" Emily
asked while she got up from the couch.

"No, but you can't see her anyway!" Garcia said and brought the brunette upstairs to do her makeup.

Around 4pm Garcia started to do Emily's hair and one hour later she did JJ's.
Everything was ready at that moment, they only needed to wear their dresses and the wedding could've started.
Emily was wearing her jacket when she heard a knock on the door.

"Pen what is it?" she asked, looking for her shoes.

"Someone wants to talk to you..." Garcia said opening the door and Emily covered her body with a blanket thinking JJ was there. But when she saw who was behind the door, her jaw dropped.

"Mother? What are you doing here?"

"Did you really think that I'd miss my daughter's wedding? Your friends called me and said I should've come and surprise you." the tall woman said closing the door behind her and walking towards her daughter.

"Wow... Uhm, I'm happy that you're here. I didn't call you or something because I thought you wouldn't wanna come." Emily shrugged her shoulders and sat down.

"Emily you are my daughter, why shouldn't I want to be here? I know our relationship as mother and daughter isn't perfect and I know I made a lot of mistakes in the past, but you are my family and your friends said you are really happy with Jennifer. And I can see it in your eyes. You came out to me when you were 15 and I've never had a problem with it, so if she makes you happy, I'm happy. And I can't wait to meet her." she said sitting next to her and grabbing her hands.

Emily was trying not to cry as she was looking at her mother. « Wow, now I don't know what to say. I didn't expect her to say this. »

"I'm sorry, I should've called you. But I'm glad that you're here now. I'm sure JJ will be happy to meet you." Emily said smiling.

"Oh, she is talking with her mother now."

"What? Her mother is here?" Emily asked with her eyes wide open.

"Yes. We meet a couple of times after your friend David called both of us. She is lovely and happy for you two. She agreed to keep this 'secret' until today."

"I really didn't expect all of this... Uhm... Mother?"

"Yes darling?"

"Do you wanna walk me down the aisle?" she asked with her voice trembling.

"Of course I do."

Emily smiled and got up to hug her mother. She didn't know she needed it, everything was really perfect now.

Meanwhile in the other room JJ was getting ready when her mother came in, leaving her speechless.

"Mom?"

"Hi honey."

"What... How did you know I was here?" the blonde asked as she closed the zipper of her dress.

"David Rossi called me. He called me and Emily's mother, asking if we wanted to surprise both of you." the woman walked towards JJ and checked her dress.

"Oh... I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything... I thought you wouldn't like it..."

"Oh sweetie, I understand. But when he called me I was happy to say yes. It's the most beautiful day of your life and I want to be part of it. You know, you never told me you were gay or bisexual, but I've always knew. I can't wait to meet your wife and as long as you're happy, I am too."

"I'm sorry..." JJ said already crying. She hugged her mother and closed her eyes. Their relationship wasn't the best, but she loved her and she felt a little guilty for not telling her.

"Honey you don't have to be sorry. I promise I'm really happy for you. I met Emily's mother when David called us and she is an amazing person. She loves her daughter more than she shows." she said and stepped back, reaching for her purse. "I have something for you." the woman got a silver necklace out of her bag and showed it to her daughter. "It's Roselyn's... I thought it would be cool for you to wear it today."

"Mom..." the blonde said drying her tears as she let her mother put the necklace on her neck. "Thank you." she smiled and hugged her.

Twent minutes later Morgan put the music on and everyone was standing on the sides of the aisle, while Rossi was under the arch waiting to officiate the wedding.
The doors opened and Emily started to walk down the aisle with her mother by her side.

« Emily don't panic. It's your wedding and JJ will be here in a few minutes. Oh God I'm so nervous.» a lot of thoughts were running through Emily's mind as she reached the altar. She smiled at Rossi's and hugged her mother, then she looked at Morgan by her side.
She wore a white suit and a pair of black heels, her hair leaning on her shoulders.

"You're beautiful." he said smiling.

"You too dummy."

The music started again and the doors opened, revealing JJ with a big white dress and a veil on her head. She saw Emily and a big smile grew on her face but her eyes were filled with tears. Emily was looking at her astonished, her heart was racing.

« Oh my God. She is so beautiful. » she thought.

« God, I'm the luckiest woman. » JJ thought looking at Emily.

She started to walk down the aisle with her mother, who proposed to do it twenty minutes before.
When she stopped, she hugged her mother then she hugged Spencer, who was already there. She looked at Emily smiling and gave the bouquet to Garcia, she grabbed Emily's hands.

"You're gorgeous." she said as a tear ran down her face, Emily dried it.

"You too baby."

Dave began his speech as the officiant looking at both of them smiling.

"Now... You may proceed with your vows. Emily..." he said with a gesture of his hand and she nodded her head.

"Jennifer, you are the light of my life. You've always been by my side since the very first moment and I've always loved you. I want to stare into your eyes for the rest of my life. Maybe, at the end of it, we will have understood each other. Maybe we will have finished saying everything we needed to say; because sometimes we only need a gaze or a kiss to say something; because words cannot express what I feel for you, because it's more than love." she said, tears on her face, and she paused for a second. "When we hold hands it's like nothing can hurt me, even when we're out there with the team catching some psycho. You hold my hand and I'm safe. I can't explain how glad I am that we meet each other, that I joined this team that became family. I wanna stay with you because it's worth it, because you make me happy. You are worth everything. I love how you hold me. I love how you laugh when I say something stupid and I love when you ask me if I'm alright when I cannot stop laughing. I love how you make me feel. I want to be there for your ups and downs as you always did for me. I love you Jennifer." she finished her vows crying and she put the ring on JJ's finger.

The blonde was crying too and she held Emily's hands until the brunette put the ring on it and she mouthed an 'i love you'. Basically, every guest was crying with them - especially Garcia -.

"Jennifer, go ahead." Rossi said smiling and she took a deep breath.

"Em, you're the love of my life. I wanna be with you, I wanna be by your side. I wanna laugh at things together, but I wanna cry together too. Because it's you. It's you the one I want. I love you enough to fight for you, compromise for you and sacrifice for you." JJ said drying her own tears and she took another deep breath. "Enough to believe in our relationship, to stand by your side through hard times, to have faith in our strength as a couple and to never give up on us. I loved you from the very first moment and I probably realized it only years later, but it was worth it. I'd never change our past as friends and then as a couple, because that is what makes us Emily and Jennifer. You are the only one who can make my day with a single word and I don't care how many headaches you give me, how stubborn you are, because at the end of the day I will always love you no matter what. You know that nobody has ever made me this happy and I'm so glad that the one who does it, it's you. I could never regret this, you are and will always be the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just can't believe that we met so coincidentally but everything was perfect. I don't know what the future brings but I know that we will get through it together. I love you Emily." the blonde said - crying - and put the ring on Emily's finger.

"And now I pronounce you wife and wife, you may kiss each other." Rossi said with a big smile - he was crying - and clapped his hands. The rest of the team did the same thing and started to throw confetti at them.
Emily grabbed JJ's face with her hands and kissed her, and the blonde put her hands on Emily's waist. They were finally married.

They celebrated together and had dinner outside, where the team organized everything.
After the dinner they were chatting and laughing around the table, and Rossi got up from his chair and cleared his throat.

"I want to say thank you to these beautiful women for asking me to celebrate their wedding. I'm so proud of you and happy, I know you have the strongest relationship and I'm glad that we spent years and years working together. I wanna make a toast in your honor!" he said and grabbed his glass. "To Emily and JJ, our beautiful wives."

"I'd like to add that all the years we spent together, we created a strong bond and I know I never say it, but we are a family and we will always support one another." Hotch said getting up and taking his glass. "To Emily and JJ."

"To Emily and JJ!" the rest of the team cheered with their glasses and drank.

"Thank you guys, so much." JJ said smiling and kissed Emily.

"Now it's time for you to have your first dance as wives!!" Garcia clapped her hands and grabbed her computer. "Please, everyone on the dance floor."

**SONG**

Emily took JJ's hand and went at the center of the little dance floor they put on the yard and the music started.
They began to dance together and JJ put her head on Emily's shoulder, moving slowly with her.

If you're cold and alone when you wake
Making all of the same mistakes
When your heart's given all that it had
But they say they don't love you back
When the party's over and your friends have all gone
And you're wondering where it all went wrong
I'll come running when you call out my name
And it'll always be this way

"I love you Em. I'm the happiest I've ever been." JJ said moving her face in front of Emily's.

I'll be there for you
No matter what you're going through
I'll be there with you
Anytime that you need me to
When there's no one else around
On your last breath, calling out
Trust me, my love won't let you down

"I love you too JJ, you can't even imagine." the brunette kissed her wife and put one hand on JJ's back.

Yeah, I know you've been losing the fight
You been knocked down a million times
Screaming out, you don't know what to do
That's when I'll be right next to you
We can sit on the edge of your bed
Tell me all of the fears in your head
And I'll sing you your favourite song
'Til the pain and all the tears are all gone

"I wanna build a family with you JJ. I wanna be your wife till my last day on this planet and even after that. I wanna have kids, pets, be a family." Emily said looking at her in the eyes and she caressed her face. 

I'll be there with you
No matter what you're going through
I'll be there with you
Anytime that you need me to
When there's no one else around

"Me too Em, I mean it." the blonde kissed her again smiling. "I can't wait to see mini Emilys running in our home." she said giggling, making the other woman laugh.

On your last breath calling out
Trust me, my love won't let you down
No matter what you're going through
I'll be there with you
Anytime that you need me to
When there's no one else around
On your last breath calling out

"I love you JJ."

Trust me, my love won't let you down

"I love you Em."

Trust me, my love won't let you down.

—————————————

Hiii!!
I know it's been like a week lmao I'm sorry, I wanted to make this last chapter special
I hope you like it🥺
Btw I think I'm gonna start something else, probably Jemily again lol idk but let me know if you have ideas or something!!
<3

Words count: 2848

- prvntissbby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 171 30
JJ and Emily have always loved working with each other, they were best friends. However, the unexpected twists and turns of life have seemed to bring...
262K 3.9K 50
Madeline Roberts, top SSA with the BAU, director of the FBI. On her journey to becoming Director she realizes she has feelings for her co-worker of...
159K 2.4K 41
8 years before JJ met Will she had a one night stand with a man she met at a bar and got pregnant with a baby girl. What happens when she is kidnappe...
33.8K 602 19
When Emily Prentiss arrives at the BAU, JJ is taken aback by her beauty and their friendship blossoms quickly. Neither woman has thought their relati...