MONSTER IN ME | riven [ fate...

By siriuslyblacklol

" the monster in me loves the monster in you " in which riven is supposed to hate sky's sister, yet there's... More

𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐢. 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭
𝐢𝐯. 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭
𝐯. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐯𝐢. 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫
𝐢𝐱. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐱. 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐱𝐢. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐨
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ― 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈
𝐱𝐯. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

15.7K 520 138
By siriuslyblacklol

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒙 - 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

It was safe to say that Circe was not happy about being pulled from bed. 

Her digital clock had read 2:34 am when someone pulled the sheets from her. After ten minutes of groaning and throwing her pillow, Sky managed to convince Circe to get dressed and come downstairs. Stiffling a yawn, Circe rubbed her eyes as her brother dragged her across the hallways of Alfea towards the exterior.

It been autumn in an isolated English area, the cold breeze gripped her limbs, despite the coat wrapped around her arms. Exhaling through her lips, a small cloud of frost gathered near her, and Circe suddenly wished she was a fire fairy, to summon warmth for these cold nights. 

As she approached the group, her feet instinctively carried Circe towards Riven. Feeling her shoulders brush against him, he glanced at her, the corner of his lips tugging upwards as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Immediate warmth made Circe heat up, a certain blush spreading through her cheeks.

Her eyes met Briar across from her, giving her a friendly nod. 

"And six burned ones were spotted in the forest, attacking one of our units."  Circe caught on to the end of Silva's sentence, straightening her posture as she frowned. 

"I recognise the hollow path they were attacked on." one of the other Specialists added, whose name was the tip of Circe's tongue. Yet she couldn't remember for the life of her. 

Riven scoffed, shaking his head as he pinched his nose. "Wait. Without fairies? We counted at least six Burned Ones. That's fucking stupid."

"Since when have you been a fan of the fairies?" Circe joked, a grin tainting her facial features. Yet Riven's shoulders remained tense. 

Following the comment, a few snarls and screeches were heard. But instead of coming from the forest, it was coming from behind them. Circe slowly turned around, her skin prickling with goosebumps as she inhaled sharply. 

"Shit. The Burned Ones are in the school."

Without time to ponder how such possibility came around, the group of Specialists darted towards the school. Sky and Briar were sent towards the dining hall, and Riven and Circe were meant to gather any lurking students. 

As the two turned around a hallway flashlights in their hands, Circe sighed, running a frustrated  hand through her smooth blonde hair. "Wish my powers weren't dormant. Wouldn't some light be really useful right now?"

When Riven remained silent, Circe glanced at him, confused frown sketched on her face. Hesitating, Riven grabbed her arm softly. "Look, my room isn't far from here. If you lock the doors, you'll be safe from the Burned Ones."

"What?" Circe scoffed, raising an eyebrow as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not going anywhere, especially not to hide. And you can't make me."

"I'll carry you over my shoulder if I have to."

Circe nudged him with her hand, shaking her head. "Orders are orders." she smiled softly, feeling the worry that radiated from Riven. "You don't have to worry about me, Riv. I always make my way back to you."

"What if something happens to you?" the strict anger had left his voice, as he rubbed his thumb across Circe's cheek. He'd walk through Hell and back, all for her. 

Circe kissed him, before taking a step back, crossing through the door. She glanced back and saluted. "Even if I couldn't walk, I would crawl myself towards you. That's just what we do."

And with that, she disappeared. 

Riven never really believed in gods or saints, but in that moment, he prayed that nothing or no one touched a hair on Circe's body. 

Otherwise they would have to respond to him. 

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

Circe made her way quickly through the school. She needed to make sure Sky was okay, along with her roommates. The dining hall was where everyone was being kept; safer and easier to watch after a group of people if they were all hidden in the same place. All she could hope was that Riven remained on guard too. 

But she'd see him soon, she guaranteed it. Once he finished looking for stray students, Riven would return to the dining hall to her. 

Letting out a shaky breath, Circe pushed some glass doors open. Against the bright light she squinted. Once her vision cleared, she raised an eyebrow at the sight of Echo and Stella alone together. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous, you guys have to be in the dining hall."

Echo and Stella glanced at each other, and it wasn't until then that Circe noticed their interlinked hands. Blinking in shock, she lifted her gaze to see the blush on Stella's cheeks and how Echo managed to avoid her gaze. 

"Oh."

Jumping apart, Echo scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah, sorry. We'll head that way now." 

"Echo, wait." Stella continued walking, leaving the two friends alone as Echo slightly hesitated, glancing around towards Circe. "I'm happy for you."

Echo smiled in relief, nodding. "Thanks."

Reaching the dining hall, the Burned Ones screeches had gotten louder. The main door was rattling as one of the creatures pushed against it. Blocks of wood were used to block the door, and some fairies were positioned nearby in case the wood gave away. Yet by the anxious looks on their faces, it was obvious that it wasn't enough.

Burned Ones were vicious. Circe wasn't surprised to see some pale horrified faces. 

Circe approached the weapons artillery, glancing at the options left. Eyes darting around, she decided for the dagger, that she quickly hid in her boot, and a katana. Swinging it around to test its weight, Circe found that it moved swiftly. Just in case. 

Briar glanced at her surprised as Circe took her place near the front, awaiting for the door to buckle against the Burned Ones strength. "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like? I'm here to fight. I am a Specialist, remember?"

Briar grinned amused, running a hand through her golden brown locks. "Just remember that if you die, my ghost will raise your ghost and annoy the hell out of you for eternity."

"Then I will hire Sky's ghost to beat your ghost up."

Sky, who stood nearby, glanced at the two with a raised eyebrow. "My ghost would never associate with yours."

Circe responded with her tongue stuck out towards her brother, but before anyone could reply, the screech suddenly got louder. The trio snapped towards the door, but it stopped rattling. Confused, Circe slightly relaxed, awaiting for the Burned One to suddenly burst through it. But it never came; the monsters appeared to have decided to collectively move away.

"Is that it?"

Sky shrugged at Briar's question, and mutterings were heard around them. It seemed everyone was confused at the sudden disappearance of the Burned Ones. Circe didn't allow herself to celebrate just yet, and instead her eyes darted around the room, looking for a certain figure.

"Shit. Where's Riven?"

so sorry for taking so long to update omg but there's only one or two chapters left

also SHADOW AND BONE OMFG OBSESSED

got a new Kaz Brekker fanfic because WHY THE FUCK NOT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 1.2K 28
the strong boy wasn't strong enough. the strong girl wasn't strong at all. ◇ "I'd give my last breath to you." ◇ "Please, don't stop breathing." ◇ Ri...
95.9K 2.4K 20
ROSE GOLD 【 STANDALONE 】 ❝ 𝒐𝒉, 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, all of the city lights never 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 as bright as 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 ...
284K 8.7K 90
She was the perfect child, second inline for the throne, until she wasn't. The burned ones aren't the only threat Alfea faces, irreversible damage c...
1K 42 5
This fic was heavily inspired by Bailey Stark Queen's fanfic 'Fate Watch Winx'. Pretty self-explanatory, here's the link to her fanfic, go support. ...