The Maid's Guide to the Mafia

By xxxnunintheclubxxx

"In a world overtaken by the mafia, there can only be one king." ---------------- Alister Mancini. His name a... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Author's note
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
PLEASE READ
42
44
45
46
47
48

43

155K 6.7K 3K
By xxxnunintheclubxxx

Alister stood frozen in shock.

Wide eyes crouched down in an empty corner were tearfully watching the man laying still at his feet, her mouth slightly agape while her whole body was quivering in horror. Her upper lip was slowly shaking as her mouth desperately began gasping for air.

With a hand hopelessly making efforts to caress the left portion of her chest, she could feel her heart rate increasing with every beat. The graphic imagery of the familiar man collapsing onto the rigid flooring overtook her mind with the memory transcending through her eyes.

Chills spread throughout her arms, her entire form aching with numbness as her eyes replayed the sight of witnessing the end of a life of another.

Soft whimpers replaced the anguished screams she so perilously wanted to release, completely unaware of the brooding presence just above the corpse's rotting flesh.

Alister was unable to move. The thrill of the adrenaline caused by the trigger ran though his body and yet his muscles stayed motionless.

"Kamala." The words managed to escape his mouth, his eyes still glazing over the tiny form in front of him as if still deciding whether she was real.

Kamala flinched slightly at the mention of her name, her eyes tearing away from the prey to his killer, terror filling her eyes.

For a moment, a stroke of silence passed through them, both at a loss of words.
Alister was filled with bewilderment while the disbelief was still stabbing throughout the course of his heart.

At the sight of the pure fear that resonated throughout the specks of her eyes, his legs automatically advanced closer to her trembling body.

Kamala's eyebrows winced in fright, a sharp intake of air grazing her throat. She pushed herself deeper against the wall as she hysterically watched the man's killer approach her, an unfamiliar expression carved deep in his eyes.

Words could not describe her fright.

But Alister didn't stop.

He was unable to see reason or logic. All he wanted was her.

Kamala's breaths intensified with each step that he took, panicked cried slipping through her lips all while increasing with volume until a sharp scream transpired through the room.

Alister kneeled down closer to the hunched woman as he reached his arms closer to her fragile skin, the blood from his previous encounters staining her white sleeves. He pushed her closer to him as she desperately tried to push him off.

Kicking and punching his torso, Kamala was yelling at the top of her lungs now. Begging him to let her go, but his grip didn't falter.

How could he let her go?
He just got her back.

In that moment, his mind couldn't even fathom the sheer panic he was causing the girl. All he acred about was that she was wrapped up in his arms, safe from the outside world.

"L-LET ME GO!" Kamala cried out with all her might, her voice breaking by the end. Shrill yells blasted out of her mouth as the recollection of Alvie's eyes turning lifeless right before collapsing down on the floor sank in.
He killed him.

"STOP! LET ME GO!" Her screams echoed throughout the room but Alister only gripped her harder and tighter around his body.

Struggling for oxygen, her breaths became less and less constant as she was slowly letting the panic take over.

She had no idea where she was.

No. She knew where she was. She knew exactly who the man laying dead on the ground was and what would have happened if he wasn't stopped in time.

And yet, she didn't recognize him.

She didn't recognize anything. She knew him. She knew who he was and she remembered who was holding her and yet in that moment and second, she couldn't understand.

Leaps of confusion and hysteria clouded her brain, her thoughts and memories haze and lost in the back.

She didn't know what was going on.

The man seized her wrist as she hopelessly pushed herself tighter and further back into the wall.

She recognized him.
But she didn't know him.

Her whole body was slowly but steadily losing the energy she wasted with her cries. The hands that were still so desperately clinging on his torso as an effort to throw him off were gradually sinking into the numbness.

She could feel her arms limping around her as they steadily descended down upon her body.
She wasn't yelling anymore. Her words no longer held any volume as the almost-silent, desperate pleads crawled out of her throat.

"P-please don't hurt me."

The words felt like dagger crashing through Alister's heart, breaking him out of his daze in the process.

He immediately let go of her waist, his tight and protective grip faltering to a soft and gentle grasp around her shoulders.

His heart fell as he stared at her panicked, teary-eyed complexion. Delicate tears stormed down her paled cheeks as her arms feebly shook in his hands.

Almost as a matter of instinct, he gently laid his rough hand at the side of her soft cheek, slowly rubbing away the rogue tear. She winced at the sudden tender contact, shutting her eyes as she defeatedly tried to mentally escape the terrifying situation.

Deep down, she knew no harm would come to her. She knew the familiar man would never hurt her, but the layer of panic from the situation in which she had awoken clouded her judgement as well as her common sense.

His hand reached down to hold hers, igniting a spark through his body. She flinched away, trying to push her hand away while doing so but her efforts were deemed useless as he gently gripped it harder, drawing invisible circles at the base of her palm.

Alister had seen first-hand what a panic attack with her looks like and the memory of what it took to calm her down was in-carved in his mind to the point where he promised himself he would never forget.

His burly hands took both of hers in his powerful yet soft hold as he continued drawing the pattern against her trembling palm.

Kamala gaped at the humane action as she fearfully looked up at the beast holding her hands hostage. Confused by the familiar state, her heart rate slowly decreased down to normal.
She stopped struggling and for the first time since she woke up, she recognized him. Knew him. Saw the man she fell in love with.

Her mouth was unable to conjure up a word. Her body swallowed itself in the electric feeling spreading around from the gentle contact with Alister. Her hands stopped quivering as she allowed herself to sink in into the calming motion.

Seeing the slight tension disappear, Alister gradually leaned down into the fragile girl, his mouth now below her ear as his lips softly touched her frail neck that was now staining up with prior tears.

"I could never hurt you."

(EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME HE BLEW HER UP AND THAT OTHER TIME WHEN THEY FIRST MET BUT LET'S JUST IGNORE THAT FOR A SECOND AND JUST DECIDE THAT THIS IS VERY EMOTIONAL AND SENTIMENTAL. (again sorry for the cringy author's note))

His heavy breathing landed on the side of her causing an igniting spark to spread throughout her body that seemed to relax at his touch.
As soon as he felt her heart rate go back to normal, he took his chance and wrapped her around his body in a protective stance.

She was here.

Alive.

With him.

He didn't care about anything else.

His heart still sprang with unease on whether his eyes were deceiving him but illusion or not, he had to be close to her.
Amazement filled his senses as her familiar sugary scent reached his nose. He sank his head deeper into the crook of her neck to try and get closer to the source.

Closer to the woman who until this point was proclaimed dead. The thought of losing her again made his muscles enclose tighter around her waist to the point where he was scared he would crush her but he knew that not even that would stop him.

She was his.

And he was never letting her go ever again.

Kamala made no sound. Too many conflicting emotions were flooding her brain. Almost unknowingly, she leaned forward into the embrace.

And for a second, everything was okay.

But only for a second.

The blood sprung across the torso of his polished suit leaked down his well-fitted sleeve down onto her bare hand.

Then she remembered.

She remembered who was embracing her.

Her heart rate increased once more as her eyes drifted off to the two laying bodies just meters away from her.
One of them murdered by the man her mind claimed she loved.

The harsh gasps for air that came along with the panic circled down into her throat to the point where she was begging for just s smidge of oxygen to run down her veins.

At the new feeling of unease from the girl below him, Alister lightly let go of his grasp in a concerned attempt to check what was wrong.
Kamala instantly took advantage as she immediately tore him off of her giving her full view of the rotting corpse behind him.

New screams emitted from her mouth as she hopelessly tried to back away from Alister. However, her injuries from the bombing as well as the whips plastered around her back weren't in favor of the plan and she fell to the ground, the rough force striking her head.

Angered by the loss of contact, Alister's worried gaze caught sight of the situation as he rummaged forward to help her off of the ground.

His rough exterior did not help him realize how much worse his actions were making the situation. He wanted to confort her, not hurt her.

He was about to reach down for her again when her earth-shattering scream stopped him.

"P-PLEASE DON'T! Y-YOU KILLED HIM. I- I WON'T TELL ANYONE J-JUST PLEASE LET ME GO!"

To her, he wasn't the Alister she would spend hours talking to as she cuddled up next to him in the bed.
He wasn't the same man that saved her on multiple occasions.

In that very moment, all he was to her was a killer.

A killer that murdered without a doubt or hesitation.

Blood was draining his torso and it was not his own. The aide of his face was marked with the red liquid of his victims, drops falling onto the floor.

He truly looked like a monster.

Alister was about to respond when the sound of the door slamming open cut him off.

"Sir, I heard screaming is everything al-"

"Get out." Alister growled out at the confused guard.

He rushed out of the room in a bigger haste than ever before but nor before his eyes caught the scene and in front of him. Two bodies laying on the ground, one a surgeon and the other a nurse who he happened to let inside. The giant and noticeable hole managed to catch him off guard but not more than the slight sight of the girl whose view was blocking by the enormous form looming above her.

Sparing a quick glance his way, Alister knew that the second he would manage to get back Kamala his fists would be straight on the guard's face for even allowing someone like the fucking boy to enter.

Kamala tried shouting out for help as the guard came, angering Alister even more. He didn't want her to want something from anyone other than him, especially help for getting taking her away from him.

The guard slammed the door shut, ignoring the wild pleads scarring her mouth.

Alister slowly approached her once again, careful not to hurt her.
"Kamala, I'm sorry that that was the first thing you had to see but he was going to kill you. It was you or him and there was no fucking way I was letting it be you!" He explained calmly even though everything in him wanted to yell out for her to understand. He couldn't lose her like this.

"N-no. Y-you! I-" She tried to find the right words but her every attempt got destroyed by the confused void filling her mind. Tears were swelling her cheeks making them turn bright red as the wet stains ruined her bruised complexion.
"P-please. I-I don't know-"

"I know that you're confused and I know what seeing that did to you and your state but don't you dare tell me that you don't fucking remember me." Alister snarled out, making Kamala back away tighter against the wall. Alister's tone and appearance was cold and harsh but the depths of his eyes were swimming in devastation.

His features softened as the girl replied with no answer.

"Please baby. Tell me you remember me."

He gently whispered, his unwelcoming exterior fading into one of vulnerability.

He knew deep down she had to remembered him. She had to.

Kamala slowly and tearfully watched him as he took leaned his face in closer in proportion to hers. Thousands of unexplainable emotions ran through her head, each and every pointing to him yet they held a slight doubt every time they passed through.

Her lack of respond told him everything he had to know.

A thunderous destructive portion of fury swept into his heart as he went over every mistake he had ever made to end up at this point.

The burst of bloodlust curled around his fists as he desperately wished he was back in the warehouse.
Anything to make anyone else feel the pain he was experiencing.

He was about to storm out and leave when his eyes caught sight of something.

Her tears.

Even though she had been crying this entire time, he had never realized the damage he was causing with his wild outbursts.
All he wanted was her and he was prepared to do as he wished without even considering how his actions affected the one person he cared about.

He hated seeing her cry.

He knew what happened last time he had try to confort her, but her state left him no choice. Without hesitation, he leaned in and slowly put his hands around her quivering back, slightly caressing her bruises as he drew unperceivable little words on her backbone.

The tension slowly rose out of her system as she gradually began to breathe normally.

The thoughts of Alvie left her mind and for the first time since she had woken up, all her notions and reasons were directed at Alister.

And that was when she knew.

"I do."

Alister's fingers stopped feeling up her spine at the sound of her voice.

"I do remember you."
————————-

She did not last for much longer after that.

Right after her confession arose to light, her mid slowly slipped her into an oblivion as she slowly shut her eyes from everything that had happened in the span of the few minutes.

Alister carefully picked her up, cautious to not open up any of the wounds and placed her in another bedroom in his territory.

Her words rang throughout his head as relief washed over his heart.

She was awake and knew who he was.

That was all that mattered for now.

There was only one thing left to do now.

His loud steps resonated throughout the hallway, loud enough to reach the swarm of guards' ears warning them of the hell that was about to fury.

Without even a glare or warning, Alister grabbed one of the men by the throat, lifting their feet of the ground. The same guard who had entered the room before.

"S-sir-" The man struggled to emit noise with the rough hand grasped around his throat. The other guards looked throughout each other, none of them daring to show a sign of panic or weakness from the less than favorable encounter.

"WANT TO EXPLAIN WHY THERE WAS A MAN POINTING A GUN ON THE GIRL I ORDERED YOU TO PROTECT!" Alister snarled through his teeth, pieces of spit flying onto the man's face.

"H-he had a-a nurse ID a-and we were e-expecting him to come. Y-you told us we weren't allowed to enter h-her room without her permission u-unless there was an emergency-"

The guard's desperate attempts to explain were cut short by the sound of the snapping of his neck.

The other men's heart rate increased rapidly but they all kept their heads up.

"HOW THE FUCK DID HE MANAGE TO ESCAPE HIS CELL!" Alister yelled at the line of men hoping that the loud noise would not wake Kamala up.

He could not for the life of him remember what possessed him to keep the man alive. Maybe it was the loyalty he felt he owed to his second in command to not immediately slaughter his husband but after this stunt he couldn't care less about Drakul.

"We have no idea, sir. The cells were checked regularly and there was mo way any a mistake of any form would happen down there. We have sent word to Lord Cullen about this and apparently there was some sort of blockage as the warrior's duties got mixed up. We have no idea how he got the key afterwards."

Cullen.

The name resonated through his mind.

Of course. How had he not seen it before?

The mole, the knowledge of Alvie's whereabouts with Kamala, his constant suspicios behavior.

There was only one loose end.

Until now.

And suddenly his whole mood changed.
—————————-

Fuck my life that sucked.
Almost 3000 words but it felt like forever.

Before any of you start,
1. Yessss I know it took me a week to update which might just be the longest I had ever waited but you don't understand!
IT'S NOT ME!
IT'S THE VISION!
I can't write if the vision won't come to me and me and her are kind of on a  break right  now.
If she won't come to me, then I can't write.
So.
Not my fault.

2. Yes I am aware that this chapter featured many details about their interaction but it was very necessary for the story. I personally hate when a chapter just sweeps a problem under the rig in like 3 seconds and since this is my story, I'll be having none of that.

3. Kamala's mental state: She had just woken up from a coma and the first thing she saw was Alister killing somebody. The experience is traumatic and even though she is not suffering from total amnesia, a confused state and short term memory loss is very common when waking up from a coma. Mix it up with the life she had lived and you have a mess. That is why she is acting the way she is. She does not have amnesia.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote.

Vote.

No. Im serious.

The last tome I did this I had so much more votes so...

Vote.

Did you do it?

Yes I'm aware this is pathetic but believe me, someone like me does not give a fuck.

Do itttt.

Good. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 15.4K 76
*This story starts off right where Dilara ended, so if you haven't read that I recommend that you do and then come back to this book xx* ************...
107K 1.9K 47
He's a king She's a queen Dominico has been watching her for years, Elvira has always known he was watching, He's dangerous, intimidating, but charmi...
18.8M 665K 53
After running away with her baby sister from her abusive father, Juliana bumps into the last person she would expect to help her. He was rough, dange...
851K 32.6K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...