Dangan Ronpa: New Despair

By toastedbacon12

14 Students are suddenly prisoned in an academy with no escape. All seemed fine, until the arrival of Monopug... More

Hello there!
Chapter 1 : Prologue
Chapter 2 : Curious Peers
Chapter 3 : Silent tour
Chapter 4 : Finding Hope
Chapter 5 : Disturbed Sleep
Chapter 5.5 : Corpse of a friend
Chapter 6 : Ink and Clues
Chapter 7 : Trial 1 ~ Secure Alibi
Chapter 8 : Trial 1 ~ Tears and insanity
Chapter 9 : Blood red petals
Chapter 10 : Sweet memories
Chapter 11 : Hidden eye's
Chapter 12 : Knitting music
Chapter 13 : Awkward silence
Chapter 14 : Party Problems
Chapter 14.5 : Pink Water
Chapter 15 : Drenched evidence
Chapter 16 : Trail 2 ~ Fake trust
Chapter 18 : Check Mate
Chapter 19 : Colours of Despair
Chapter 20 : Weak secrets
Chapter 21: Exploration

Chapter 17 : Trail 2 ~ Despairing laughs

44 3 0
By toastedbacon12

 Topher's view ~

  "I... don't think that's correct..." Tim suddenly moaned, looking directly at Dylan.

  Dylan raised his eyebrow: "What do you mean?"

  Tim shuffled backwards. "Well, Maggie told me that there was bruises on his hands, meaning he must have been a struggle. Also, his only wounds was to the back of head and his neck, so where does the blood in front of the changing rooms come in?"

  "Tim has a point..." Jessica whispered, her brown and pink hair covering her face slightly.

  "Another point, how did he get the blood to spill all the way over to the girl's changing rooms? This surely points to impossible..." I added, feeling smart for once.

  Dylan sighed, "I guess he did not commit suicide then, but let's not mark it off the list yet... Wait, the blood went towards the girl's changing rooms?” Geno nodded in response.

  "Then, uh, that means a girl must have killed Alfonso, uh, right?" Adam shook, his nose running with translucent snot.

  "Seems like that, because you can’t go into the opposite gender's changing rooms..." Maggie added, placing her hand upon her chin. A cold chill spread evenly across the room, sending bolts of shock down everyone's spine.

  Nick gulped loudly: "Our most likely murderer in that case is... Mina...” Mina quickly pulled up her hoodie, blocking her worried expression from our view.

  "Hey, don't just make random accusations like that!" Maggie growled, nearly scaring Nick to death.

  "Mina was the last one with him, and to add more evidence, she was in the medical," Dylan chuckled.

  "I seriously think im forgetting something..." Tim muttered, his hand's still clutching around his head.

  Monopug shuffled around his seat, and let out a loud yawn. "Hurry up, you guy's take so long!" Monopug yelled, his red eye brimming with light. The group ignored Monopug's statement, their attention glued onto Mina.

  "Mina... was it you?" Jessica stuttered. Mina slowly took down her hood, her eye's filled with confidence and rage.

  Mina cleared her throat: "It's not me". Her calm voice penetrated the tense atmosphere as if it was butter, "I even have evidence,"

  Dylan chuffed: "Tell us then, it better be good!"

   "All the doors were glued shut from the inside, meaning no one could have entered or exited, right?" Mina asked, receiving a nod from the entire group, "Well, me and Alice can say otherwise. The exit to the male's rooms were glued from the outside, meaning they could have gone through the doors then glued it..."

  The group were taken by shock, paralyzed in silence. Adam slowly began to start up the conversation again, "So, uh, it was a boy who killed Alfonso?!"

  "Hold on, how were you able to enter the boy's changing room's without getting killed by the machine gun?!" Dylan snapped, feeling dumb. 

  Monopug jumped up on his seat, "I turnt it off for investigation purposes, now calm down greenie," Dylan retreated in embarrassment, his face flourished a deep red. The group once again feel silent. I could hear the blood pulsing around my ear. I was in shock, with every piece of evidence we came closer and closer to the murderer. I all honesty, I would rather stop here and never find out which of my friends have been lying to us...

  "Tim, you remember the thing you forgot?" I asked, hoping to process the trial along. Tim turnt to me and frowned.

  "Nah, I feel so dumb for not knowing..." Tim started, but his conversation was interrupted by Dylan.

  "Hey, didn’t you have a mark on your neck?" He implied, his hand stretched out, pointing towards his neck.

  Tim nodded and lowered his scarf to reveal a purple bruise enveloping his neck. "I don’t remember anything that would cause this, but he would..."

  Maggie twisted her lips to the side of her mouth, "Who is this 'he'?"

  "I guess you would find out sooner or later... My... other half," Tim slowly chuckled, scratching his neck.

  "Hmm, how do we see this other you then? If you are being true and everything," Dylan insisted.

  "I would rather not, I can’t help it sometimes..." Tim muttered. I suddenly got a bright but very stupid idea. I left my stool and walked over the Alice, who was in a state of confusion. 

  "Can I borrow the pin?" I asked abruptly, holding out my hand.

  "Sure, hair dude, why?" Alice replied, placing the pin in my hand. I did not respond, but instead made my way over the Tim, who was still slowly scratching his neck. I swiftly plunged the pin into Tim's hand, making him let out a painful scream of agony.

  "The hell are you doing Topher!?" Jessica yelled at me, covering her mouth. A bead of sweat rolled down my face, anxious to see if my plan played out correctly. I could hear everyone chanting worried words as I slowly waddled my way back to my wooden podium. Tim clutched his hand to his chest, and looked directly at me with his terrifying gaze. His body suddenly gave way, causing his motion to resemble a puppet. 

  "3...2..1..." I slowly chanted, gazing around to see everyone's worried faces. Tim's ragdoll body suddenly sprang to life, his rad hair over taking the majority of his face.

  "Well, here we are again!" Tim chuckled loudly, "Ain’t this just so much fun!?" Everyone backed away, nervous of Tim's actions.

  "Tim...?" Nick quivered, adjusting his glasses.

  Tim shook his head in disappointment: "How many times do I have to say it? Im Ty, not the useless Tim!” He let out a chesty laugh, tears welling up in his red eyes.

  "Can you tell us what happened to...? Alfonso?" Maggie asked, mustering up the courage to talk.

  Ty spun round to look directly at Maggie: "If I go and tell you who did it, this trial would be over, and that's no fun!"

  "You, uh, know who killed him?" Adam stuttered startled.

  "Yeah, they were the one that gave me this bruise *Chuckle* But I’ll help you guys... Those pill's set up all over the floor? Yeah, they were totally just a red herring."

  "So… we have narrowed down the suspect's to a male, and Tim and Topher have been proven innocent..." Nick whispered.

  "So the spotlight lands on Dylan, Adam and Geno..." I swallowed, my hand's trembling viciously.

  Jessica stepped forward: "It cannot be Geno, he was in the kitchen with me all the time,"

  "Adam was left 'lone all tha' time, and Dylan was at ta' changing room's..." Geno cleared, his mind deep in thought.

  "We saw Adam in the gym just before Mina came back without Alfonso, so that mean's the last person it could be is..." Jessica said timidly, rubbing her hands together.

  Dylan stood idle, his head facing towards the ground. His body began to twitch violently, causing his green hair to flail around like a fish. He lifted his face to show tear's streaming down his skin. "You... can't be serious!" Dylan yelled, clutching his fist.

  "I have... one final piece of evidence..." Alice slowly spoke, digging once again into her pockets. Her hands pulled out a vibrant purple hat that was previously owned by Alfonso. Dylan bit his tongue, holding back his tear's the best he could. 

  "Jessica showed this to me, it's Alfonso's hat," Alice started.

  "What does that mean, huh? You actually need to prove it!" Dylan snapped angrily.

Alice gaze darted at Dylan, annoyed with his persistence: "It was hidden in the music room, figure the rest out yourself,"

  "The music room's door had a trick to it, and Dylan was there to see how to open it..." Nick followed, shielding his view with his hands.

  "You're all idiot's, I wouldn’t do that!" Dylan once again brutally snapped, tears now streaming down his face like a waterfall.

  Ty rolled his eyes at the man's resistance, "Look like we have got 'im! Bwahahahaha!"

  A panel raised in front of every student, showing a pixel character for each of them. "Tell me something that show's it's not you, please!" Jessica demanded. Dylan just sniffled in reply, wiping his tears from his face.

  "I... don’t want to believe..." Nick started, pushing his fingers onto the panel. One by one, everyone selected Dylan's pixel character. I felt a feeling of regret ripple in the back of my mind. A humungous television descended from the ceiling above, the screen painted the deepest of black.

  The screen suddenly flickered on, revealing a slot machine plated with gold. The word's Jackpot were placed on the top of the machine, supporting colours of the rainbow. The wheels began to spin rapidly, flickering through the faces of all the students. The wheel began to slow down, processing each of the faces. The machine came to a brunt halt, all of its wheel displaying Dylan's face. It began to spew out golden coins, the lights flashing brightly. I could feel my mind burning with distrust, my mind spiralling with confused thoughts. What drove him to live up to such a conclusion? How much despair is provoked within this room? Will the murderous needs of Monopug every be resisted? Only time will tell, for better... or for worse...

  [[It was Dylan :D Did any of you guy's evaluate it was Dylan before it was revealed? If so, well done :D But, why did he do it?... I don’t know, you will just have to keep reading to find out! Thank you all for reading this far, it means so much to me <3]]

  [[Thank you so much for reading, if you enjoyed feel free to leave a comment, or even leave a little like, until next time my fellow bacon sandwiches!]]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 27 18
Hello! I'm Monokuma! And as you know....or dont...here at Hopes Peek High, we only take the best! Normally we would have 16 students, but this year w...
5.9K 134 31
(Y/N) is 16 years old and she just got accepted into Hope Peak's summer camp. She's new and she'll spend all her summer with ultimate students just l...
141K 5.4K 26
A/N: This is an original story and will not be following the plot of the game nor the anime, I apologise if some characters do not act as they are su...
3.5K 163 34
Hope's Peak Academy is the school for Ultimates, students who are the best at what they do. That was before Hope's Peak was attacked by despair, and...