Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hope...

By ECHO-173

In a world full of Pokémon there are endless mysteries that are unsolvable or too dangerous for others to fin... More

Prequel: The Beginning of the story
Chapter 1: New life, New world, New times
Chapter 3: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 1
Chapter 4: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 2
Chapter 5: Enter the danger
Chapter 6: The More You Know
Chapter 7: Friends close and Enemies at a closer range.
Chapter 8: Big Mission
Chapter 9: Stay Away Trio

Chapter 2: A peaceful town and a "Quiet" Guild.

38 3 0
By ECHO-173

Last Time: After Nero had woken up in this strange new world, he met another Pokémon such as Blanco the Zangoose and the Espeon Apollonia with her daughter Halo the Eevee. He had then gotten into a fight with an enemy named Ivan. During the battle, Nero had to awaken a strange power that helped him win and defeat Ivan. Now he and the others had to make it to the town of Hermes where both Blanco lived and the location of the guild, Grand Light Exploration.

Everything wasn't normal. The sky looked as if it was dark and had an evil presence to it, with the ground looked like it was covered in ash as it had no sight of life with dead trees scattered around the area. In mid-air, the dark purple colored portal had opened, and out of it came the Sneasel who was named Ivan, and a Murkrow that was named Al who had flown through the portal, which had then closed turning into a golden ring that went to the Murkrow and when it came into contact with the bird it had faded into nothing. The bird Pokémon then tossed a seed-like object at the Sneasel.

The Sneasel takes the seed and eats it and soon his injuries are all healed. "Revival seed, be lucky. I stole some from the last town we were in, and I don't like losing teammates no matter how much I dislike them," Al said with disappointment and anger at his teammate, he had every right to be angry, Ivan had gone off mission and froze him in a block of ice just to fight.

"You know how much I hate your morals, Alan," Ivan said, getting back up and with the same tone of voice as the now-known Alan the Murkrow. As he was getting up, he noticed where they were. "Why are we here? We didn't finish the mission. Our Lord will end us if we don't leave. And why did you take me here? I lost, what would have happened to me was not your choice. If they wanted to end me or capture me, it was their choice to make, the victor, not the loser."

"Quiet, I brought us here to report all of our findings, we didn't find out a lot, but we got some information." Said Alan.

"Oh yeah, information gathering tells us that the guild is the town of Hermes, and they have a lot of mid-to-high level members... and that's it. THAT INFORMATION IS COMMON! Why did I even go on this mission? I am a warrior, not a spy." Ivan said with so much frustration in his voice.

"And I am one. You just came along because you thought there would be more fights. I'll never understand how you―someone raised by bandits―a Pokémon with an addiction to fighting. Let us just get back to our Lord." Alan said as Ivan opened his right clawed hand, and a ring like the one Alan had been on his talon. He then threw the ring, which had opened a portal. They then walked through the portal.

On the other side of the portal, they had entered a sizable cathedral-like room, the windows of stained glass some had the image of a dark armless titan-like had six hands floating around it, each hand having sharp claws that had red tips on the hands. The rest of the window showed many different shards and shades of red around the window. While other windows showed a different image of an angelic-like being with a pure white body with some red and blue triangle spots all over it, showing a peaceful blue background behind the angel, it was clear that this figure was treated with respect and love from whoever owned this place while the others were to show that the titan was to be feared.

The ground looked to be a black reflective marble flooring that matches the room's dark walls and the cylinder pillars. They had looked up to see that there was no ceiling, only a dark red mist that covered every inch of the ceiling.

The two headed down the room, and once in the center they felt as if they were not alone and saw other Pokémon hidden in the shadows watching them. They all looked up and saw something exit the dark red mist. It looked like an armless humanoid titan being around the same size as the room. No light had touched them, pure darkness surrounding the titan, it was like they refused the light to touch them, or it could be the other way around. "Speak, both of you." With its voice sounding, the prominent being said what can only be described as old and unholy. Alan then stepped forward, well, it wasn't stepping, but rather it was a hop.

"My Lord, we have some information about the guild you told us to look into, about their location and that they have many members―" Alan said before a giant hand had come from the mist-covered ceiling, which had stopped mid-air before it could hit the ground. The hand looked to be a left one and was pitch black and was larger than the hut the Espeon they faced not too long ago lived in, with red claws on the tips of the fingers, the wrist had a golden band and behind the wrist was nothing but black smoke. The palm had the most bizarre part of it, and it had what looked to be the engravement of a red eye, with what the iris of the eye looked like a ten-pointed star.

"Why do you give me information that I already know? Explain." Said the voice, sounding unimpressed.

"M-My Lord, I am sorry I didn't―"

"Didn't know that I knew, I sent you both to find out the information that we need, but I am not mad... only disappointed, you told me you were the best spy from your homeland, but I guess they knew how to hide their secrets better than you believed." They had said with an unchanged tone that had given Alan a sigh of relief as he thought he just annoyed them, but it was for the best to have him disappointed rather than furious. "But I must ask, what had happened? I can tell you both you had been in a fight, or just one of you did." Alan then felt embarrassed, he lost the fight, well Ivan did as he was frozen, the eyes of everyone else watching them as they had to explain in full detail as to how they failed.

"That is true, my lord. Ivan wanted to fight our target. He lost the fight in the end." Alan said with the fear of being punished but that thought had left when Ivan walked up to stand right next to him.

"That is true, my lord. I had fought a total of three enemies. I was so close to winning, too, until Riolu did something, mid-fight. He somehow brought out some sort of sword and shield." As Ivan finished, the hand floated right in front of him and got closer as if it was curious about what he was saying, Alan didn't like that and hopped three steps away from Ivan in hopes that he wouldn't get hurt. "It was strange though, it was like he summoned it from midair from nowhere, and while he had them, it was like he was unstoppable or something if you ask me, that kid had some real―" Ivan was then cut off, the hand had grabbed him like he was a small doll. Ivan was lucky he was not crushed by the hand. "―Talent." The last thing he said, the hand moved so fast that he was right in front of the titan they called their master, controlling the hand to get the Snavel up to their view. Their glowing red eyes brought terror into Ivan as he was staring into the eyes of what he could only best describe as a higher being that has no care for him.

"Where was this Riolu?!" Their Master said, his voice is full of anger and hate. It was like it came from someone else rather than before as they were calm and collective but now, it was like they were a different person, now, they were a Demon.

"The forest near the town of Hermes, Athena Forest, which is all I know, my lord," Ivan said with fear and panic. He was a warrior, so the only thing he truly feared was losing his life outside of a fight or battle, this would be either of those, it would be a slaughter for them. Before another word was said to everyone, Ivan was tossed aside and crashed into a pillar before falling.

"New orders, Brutus, you will take Ivan with your team to cause chaos to distract any guilds or anyone who might stand in our way! Make them think bandits are behind all of our attacks, Alan you will go and follow this, Riolu, take Morpheus, Pan, and Diana, they will do information seeking on the Grand Light from this point on. Now leave, all of you. I need to be alone." As their master said this every one of them started to run for it, knowing their master's power and wrath. Alan threw a ring which had made a portal that he went through along with three others who followed him. Ivan had gotten back up and threw a ring as well like Alan did, but before he could jump through it, something crashed into him and ran with him through the portal along with at least six others.

When there was no one left the titan closed both of their eyes on their face and looked down, a moment of silence. It wasn't a sign of restraint but rather a moment to let out everything into one powerful and raging scream that was unholy and deafening even to describe. Whatever he was mad about, it was only the second most infuriating thing to him.

Location: The Town of Hermes

Nero, Bianco, Halo, and Apollonia had finished their walk to the town. They had a safe travel and didn't have much to carry as many things were burnt in the fire. There was nothing lucky about it, they did lose their home, though they still had a few things they would need.

They had looked over the town from a hill not too far from the town, and it was a large town also. Nero and Halo didn't expect it to be so big. The town had many large buildings that might have been for big shops or families who lived there. It was also a port town, meaning it was right next to the ocean and even had what was not too far away as a beach which would be perfect for sizzling summer days. On a cliffside next to the town, there was what Nero at first thought was a lighthouse for messaging ships that were close to shore, but Nero saw many birds Pokémon fly in and out of the walls that had many holes.

"That would be the messenger organization building." Said Bianco, who saw Nero looking curious at the building. "It doubles as the town's lighthouse but also as the main HQ of messengers who deliver messages to others. It is mainly full of Flying-types."

"That is correct, any place and time they will always deliver the mail," Apollonia said, chiming in. They all then walked down the hill by a nearby road. As they finally got to the town, it was full of other Pokémon—shops with many Pokémon buying food or other items.

Nero and Halo then noticed that the middle of the road looked like a large hole that kept on going. They investigated the hole and saw it was full of small boats and was almost full of water. Nero then realized that it was a waterway used for transportation. While they kept looking down, a Pokémon had come out of the water. It looked like an orange fox-faced Pokémon with what looked to be a floatation ring around its neck. It was a Buizel the Sea Weasel Pokémon. "Hello there, would you like a water cab? It is only 300 poké each."

"300 poké?" Said Nero, who didn't know about what the Buizel was talking about. He thought it might have been money. "Is that a lot?"

"Only a little, but I don't feel like walking to Artemis so..." Bianco said as he pulled out a coin pouch paying for the water cab. They entered the water cab and traveled down the waterway seeing many other Pokémon doing daily activities, shopping, walking around, talking, and so much more. The town looked to be a peaceful and lovely place to live.

That was until the sound of an explosion near where they were. Everyone turned their point of view to where the sound came from and saw two Pokémon fighting in the middle of the street. One of them looked like a skinny humanoid body with a magenta upper body, and the lower half was light green, its hand and feet only had three sets of fingers and toes, on top of its head it had long raven black hair with its face having a long pointy nose and ears. It was Morgrem, the devious Pokémon. The other Pokémon looked like a tiny human, but it had lizard-like traits, with orange skin, an oval-shaped head, and what looked like a red mohawk and baggy clothes. This was Scrafty the hoodlum Pokémon.

The two were throwing punches and kicks at each other like a typical street brawl between the two trying their best to knock the other out. They even started to hurl insults at each other too.

"Take this, you little edgy punk!" Said Scrafty as he had thrown yet another punch that landed a clean hit on Morgrem's face, who was a little knocked back only to stay his ground.

"You're one to talk to, you hooded loser!" said Morgrem, who, just like Scrafty, started throwing punches at his opponent. When Morgrem threw one last punch, Scrafty grabbed his arm and bit him with his large teeth. "AGH! YOU JERK! THIS IS A CHEAP MOVE! WHY I JUST―" He paused as he saw Bianco riding in the water cab, who had turned in the opposite direction and had hoped that the two didn't see him. They saw him. "YO! Bianco, help me out over here!"

"Bianco?! Hey, don't listen to him. Help ME out!" Said the Scrafty who had let go of the Morgrem's arm. As the two argued and screamed over to Bianco for his aid, all the Zangoose could do was weasel trying to pay them no mind, and Apollonia was just getting angry. She didn't want to get involved in this, but she didn't like what was happening.

Apollonia then leaped into the air, landing right behind the two Pokémon. Her tail was then covered in an iron coat. "Iron Tail!" She then knocked out the two with a hit to the back of the head of the two Pokémon. She then jumped back into the air and landed back onto the water cab, and all the other Pokémon who had watched her action started to clap and cheer for what she did.

"Whoa, Mom, which was awesome!" Said Halo, who was impressed with what just happened.

"Yeah, that was so cool!" Said Nero.

"Scary from my point of view." Said Bianco, who had a nervous smile on his face.

"Well, I used to do stuff like that all-time in my youth." Said Apollonia with a gleeful smile. Bianco was now even more terrified, Apollonia was a former member of the guild he works for now and heard all the rumors about, such as how when any guild members were fighting each other, she'd stop them easily.

They kept on riding down the waterway, and while watching their surroundings, something came to Nero, 'How did those two Pokémon know Bianco?' Before Nero could ask and get an answer, the sound of screaming could be heard not too far from them, and then something had jumped into the waterway, it had a bird form body that looked like an owl's face with a green hood and feather on top of it. It was Decidueye the arrow quill Pokémon. It had dived into the water, most likely to avoid something, and as Nero was wondering just what it was, a bird-shaped flame flew right above them with a scream from it, saying at the top of its bird lungs. "Where are you!"

Nero and the others looked at where the Decidueye had dived, and as it emerged from the water, it looked around and saw Bianco, its face changed from a scared and worried look to one that held hope like it saw a savior. However, Bianco didn't want to help him out, so Bianco said aloud. "HEY! HE JUMPED INTO THE WATERWAY!" This made the Decidueye change from having hope to despair.

"TRAITOR!" Screamed the Decidueye before it started to swim down the waterway with the burning bird-shaped Pokémon following him.

"... was that a friend of yours?" Said Nero.

"Kinda yeah, both that Decidueye and those other two we just saw are part of the guild."

"They seemed nice." Nero said sarcastically, knowing that they were in a little trouble for causing a scene like that no doubt. With that, there was more silence as they enjoyed the rest of their ride. After some time, they left the boat and started to walk down another street and found themself in front of a large house, it was around two floors high and must have had lots of room.

When they had made it to the front door, Apollonia then knocked on the door, and they waited for a few seconds. She then hit again and with the same results as earlier. This time, she also struck more aggressively and with more knocks, each one more rapid than the last. The door then started to open with a small foxlike Pokémon with a black coat of fur and golden rings around its legs, ears, and on its forehead, and red eyes. It was Umbreon the Moonlight Pokémon. The Pokémon looked annoyed as they opened the door and screamed out. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

Both Nero and Halo were taken aback by the Umbreon, their loud and angered voices, but Apollonia and Bianco were unfazed by this, and the Espeon relied upon the Umbreon: "Hello sis, long time no see."

The Umbreon then changed its expression from annoyance to surprise before opening the door more and giving Apollonia a firm hug. "Apollonia, oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Happy to see you haven't changed much Artemis," Apollonia said as her sister Artemis had let her go from the hug. The two sisters then began to talk back and forth, happy to see and hear from each other. Artemis then noticed Nero and Halo.

"Oh, hey, who are these two?"

"Oh, Artemis, I want you to meet both Nero the Riolu and Halo, my daughter."

"Wait, really?! OH MY GOSH! I hadn't seen her before. Hello sweetie, I'm your aunt Artemis. Oh my gosh, sorry I haven't visited you before." Artemis said as she turned her attention to Halo.

"Hello, Aunt Artemis," Halo said with joy meeting her aunt.

"Wait, this is the first time they've met. I thought they lived only an hour apart?" Nero said, confused.

"Artemis isn't allowed in Athena Forest. Not after... that incident." Said Bianco with a little bit of horror in his voice.

"That incident?" Nero said, confused. As he was about to ask, he noticed Apollonia had a shocked expression on her face. As she was having a horrific flashback with her remembering the sounds of screams, blazing fires, and her sister shouting in a slappy voice, 'I want more Honey brew!' a horrible time for sure.

"Oh c'mon, I put the fires out." Said Artemis in a calm tone.

"You made them a little worse." Said, Apollonia.

"The fires you started, and after you threw honey brew at the said fire making it worse until it started to rain." Said Bianco.

"Yes― hey!" Said Artemis, a little annoyed.

Not long after, they entered the house and explained everything that had happened, with them being attacked and the hut being burnt down. Artemis looked sorry for her sister and niece, and to clarify for Nero, Apollonia would have to tell a lie at first to her sister to keep Nero safe from anyone who would bring him harm.

"Geez, I am so sorry, sis, you lost your home and most of your belongings. I don't mind you and the kids staying here, and if you want to take in this kid, then fine by me. I have room for all five of us." Artemis said to her sister to let her know that they were welcome, but the number she told confused her and gave Bianco a quick scare as he knew what was about to come.

"Five? I don't understand. I thought it was going to be just me, you, Halo, and Nero." Said Apollonia confused.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Artemis said Bianco was trying to give her signals without giving them away to Apollonia, only to fail. "I've been letting Bianco stay here after he got kicked out of his house two months ago for not paying rent. He's been an immense help around the house, so I have been letting him stay here for as long as he wanted to stay for." As she finished, she noticed that Apollonia was looking right at Bianco with an angered look. Her eyes almost glowed with rage. Then out of nowhere, Bianco started to yell in pain and put his hands on his head before falling to the ground. "What did you do?"

"Yelled at him and gave him a thirty-minute talking in five seconds, mentally," Apollonia said with no sound of regret to it. "Anyway, Artemis, I need to speak with the guild master as soon as possible, so I'll be going there. Bianco, I need you to take Nero and Halo to get lunch. We did miss it due to― well, you already know, okay?"

". . . yes ma'am," said Bianco, as he was getting back up off the ground. Nero, Bianco, and Halo had started to leave. The first thing they saw was yet another fight in the middle of the street between two fire types, Pokémon. One looked to be a sizeable dog-like Pokémon with a tiger coat of orange fur with black stripes and a considerable amount of shaggy fur on its legs, chest, mouth, and head. Arcanine, the legendary Pokémon, is well not a real legendary, but it is just a title. The other was a foxlike Pokémon with nine beautiful tails. Ninetales the Fox Pokémon, but it wasn't the same as Nero knew it. This one didn't have the normal blond fur and orange-tipped tails, but this one had an ash-gray coat with the tips of its coat being a dark blue color. The two Pokémon were firing at each other with fire attacks that had to counter each one.

"You're going down, you moron!" Said the Ninetales, who had fired another attack at the Arcanine.

"Bring it on, pretty boy, you're just all looks now!" Said Arcanine, who had also attacked with a blast of fire.

"Why are you two always like this? You always fight, and what about this time again? Love? Food? Options on that book you both like? You two make no sense of anything." Said another Pokémon. This one was like a lion, or lioness, as it didn't have a main but rather on top of its head was a long single main this was Pyroar, the royal Pokémon. As she tried to avoid the street conflict, she then noticed Bianco with the children and gave them a wave.

"Looks as if things are getting "heated up" around here," Bianco said, waving back, while Nero let out a small chuckle he tried to hide, and Halo just ignored the pun. They walked away down the street looking for a place to eat and saw some of the town's sights.

They made it to an area in the town full of places that had sold food. There were dinners, restaurants, and even some quick stands, all having different types of food. "Whoa, there is so much food." Said Halo as both she and Nero were drooling from the food.

"C'mon, I know a good place to eat," Bianco said as they continued to a small restaurant. The inside had a black and white checkered floor, and several oak tables and chairs. The walls were pure white with some pictures on the wall. To Nero, it looked like a classic restaurant he has seen in movies from years back. He had never been in one before, and it was his first time being in one.

"Bianco, Buongiorno~," said a voice that had come from the back of the restaurant, out of the door of the kitchen. It looked like a small teddy bear with rabbit ears and had some red spots over its body, and it had spiral eyes. It was a Spinda, the spotted panda Pokémon. It was also wearing a chef hat while riding on top of a giant ball like a circus clown. "How are you, my best customer? Oh, and what is this you brought children?"

"Hello Spinner, I'm here for lunch, and these two are with me. They're the kids of a friend, for whom I promised to get food. Can we get my usual one for them too?" Said Bianco.

"Yes, of course, my friend, and I will give you three my sweeties special, these are limited macaroons, just for you and the little ones~." Said the Spinda named Spinner.

"Really? You only make those once every two weeks and only sell fifty of them."

"Well, you are generous. That and because you are both my favorite customer, my friend and you and Viola are the most normal out of the entire guild." He said as he rolled away on his ball to the back. The trio then sat down at an empty table and waited for their food.

While waiting, an argument began between two others. "What do you mean 'I am having the macaroon'?" The fight caught their attention. They saw three Pokémon sitting at a table. One of them looked to be standing on two feet with a flat, half-circular head and blade-like claws. It was Kabutops, the Shellfish Pokémon. The other Pokémon, the one who was yelling, had a beetle-like body and a large horn with a heart-shaped end. It was Heracross, the Single Horn Pokémon. There was a third Pokémon, but it looked like the third one wasn't interested in the argument. They had a short body with a pointy head that almost looked like a top. It was Hitmontop the Headstand Pokémon.

"I told you that I am having this Macaroon. I did most of the work at that job. I should get it." Said the Kabutops. As he tried to grab the sweet food, the Heracross grabbed his claw, stopping him.

"Oh no, you don't. I only asked you to join because the Mystery Dungeon was full of water, and my target might have been in the deep ends, and I'm paying for this lunch, so I should get the macaroon." Said the Heracross, sounding furious.

"Why you little― You kids need to respect your elders. You know that I will not be treated like this." Said the Kabutops, who was at his limits with them.

The two then prepared for a fight, starting with the Kabutops throwing the first blow with a slash of its claws. The attack was stopped by the Heracross, who returned a punch to the Kabutops. While the two were fighting over a piece of food, they stopped as they noticed the Hitmontop had eaten the macaroon, making the two-stop fighting each other and turn their rage at the Hitmontop.

"Should we do something?" Nero asked Bianco, who didn't want to pay any mind to the fight. The same Spinda named Spinner had rolled out of the kitchen with his face full of anger. Nero has never seen a Spinda angry before, but now he sees that they can indeed be enraged. The pair of three stopped the fighting and looked around and realized that they may be in far worse trouble now.

"You three, pay your bill, then LEAVE!" Spinner said, making the three panics pay for the food they ate and dashed out of the door, then they continued their fight outside. "I will never understand why most of that guild fights each other most of the time," Spinner said as he rolled back to the kitchen.

"Hey Bianco," Nero said, catching Bianco's attention. "Why was he on a ball?"

"Oh, Spindas tend to get off-balanced a lot, but if you put them on a ball, they can stay on balance." However, he had explained that even though Nero was young, he would know that it is not how it works. "Just don't question it."

Not long after, Spinner came back out of the kitchen with plates of food, drinks, and a plate of three macaroons of three different colors. "Sorry for what happened. Here is your food." As Spinner rolled the ball, he was standing going around the table, and giving them food. Nero looked at the food, it was pasta, but it was pitch black like burnt. "I do hope you two enjoy this meal. It is called Ink Pasta; it is normal pasta mixed with edible ink."

"Ink pasta?" Said Nero confused as both he and Halo had taken a bite of the pasta and found it full of flavor. "Mmm, it's so good." This put a smile on Spinner's face as he turns to an open window in the kitchen and gives a thumbs up to what looked to be a Sea horse-like Pokémon that looked so proud of its work with the Ink Pasta. The trio then continued to eat their meals to fill up their empty bellies. "Man, I haven't had good food like this ever before in my life," Nero said with glee.

"Never?" Said Bianco, confused by the comment Nero had made.

"O-oh, well, back at the orphanage I lived at, I only ate some meals like oats or rice with fruits and vegetables, just simple bland foods or food with little flavor." Said Nero. He looked at Spinner to express his thanks for such tasty food but was stunned by the sad expression on his face. "A-are you okay, sir?"

"T-t-t-t-t-that is s-s-s-so s-s-sad. You have never eaten anything with flavor." Spinner then wiped the tears off his face. "You can eat as much as you want."

"Whoa, thanks," Nero said as he and the others continued to eat, taking in the flavor of their meals and the macaroons.

While the trio was eating, Apollonia and Artemis were at a different location with a hardwood floor, stone walls, with several classical-looking paintings of landmarks. The furniture was classic and made of dark oak wood with vermillion cloths.

"So, we're being spied on by an unknown enemy. If I had coined every time, I said that I'd be richer than all nobles around the world before. And to top it off, we're being spied on by someone with more power, and none of it is political power either. This might be a challenge." Said the voice of someone old.

"Master, I know things seem bad, but we have seen them. They are strong but not invincible." Said Apollonia was sitting on a chair facing a desk with someone looking through a large window that let light in. "And that other thing I told you about."

"The child you found in the woods and your child, you want them both safe and to get stronger to defend themselves correctly?" They said, surprising the Espeon. "Alright then, I wish them both. You told Bianco to bring them here soon, correct? Then I look forward to meeting them both."

A short time after Nero, Bianco, and Halo were finished eating the meal, they walked more around the town, meeting some of the other shops that Bianco typically uses for supplies or food. They were walking alongside the town's pier to the bottom of the cliffside. The sky was turning orange and was getting close to the sun setting to turn night. "Wow, Which was a goal meal," Nero said as he was full of food from the meal they had all eaten not too long ago.

"You've seriously never had such good food before, did you kid?" Bianco said to Nero, who nodded in response. "Alright, now that we're done eating, we should be in front of the guild right about now." As he finished, the trio was now in front of a large metal door built within the cliff's side facing the ocean, the door looking perfectly clean and shining from the light with the dark metal. The engravement on the door made it look like it had two serpent-like beings facing each other, with the door on the left having a crescent moon behind the serpent's head, but the other on the right had a sun behind it. "The guild built the main HQ within the mountain, it was at first an old fort for an army but was abandoned before it was finished and the guild finished it, and to top it all off, the door is made using Klink, Klang, and a Klinklang to open and close it since they live here."

"That's so cool!" Said both Nero and Halo. They then went up to the door to knock on it. They then heard gears turning and metal coming impacting into each other. The sun symbol on the door then slid inside the door and lowered down. Something poked out of the hole, fitting it perfectly. It looked to be made of two identical gears with a large blue center, and around it was two black dots with one having a white circle around one and a white x. It was hard to tell which was the eyes or mouth at first. "Who is that Klink?" Nero asked as it was indeed a Klink the Gear Pokémon.

"Klink, let us in," Bianco said as the Klink went back into the door, and the same with the sun returning to the door, which began to make more noises of gears turning. The door then began to slide open, revealing the inside of the guild's HQ, but the trio ducked down to avoid a blast of fire. "WHAT IN THE WORLD?!" The interior of the guild was nothing but chaos. Many Pokémon were fighting each other. Some of them were the same Pokémon they all saw in town, the Scrafty, Morgerm, Ninetales, Pyroar, Arcanine, Decidueye, Fletchinder, Kabutops, Heracross, and the Hitmontop that were fighting in the town, they were all members of the guild. "Hey, cut it out all of you, we're all part of the same guild," Bianco said as he ran into the chaos that was happening to try and be a voice of reason and all without knowing that someone was following him inside, and stopped following to stand in between Nero and Halo.

Nero and Halo did notice them; however, there was a sizeable snake-like body, the long crimson fangs that popped out of their mouth, the black scales around their body. Across from the top of their head to their tail, they had golden hexagons. The tip of the tail was like a blade, with the edge having a red color. This was Seviper the Fang Snake Pokémon. They then released a cry for an attack on Bianco, who then started to fight back.

"Wait, didn't he just try to stop the fighting? Why is he fighting now?" Nero asked as he was confused about the mess.

"Yo. Bianco will just say it is in his nature to fight Viola." Said a voice that sounded young but croaked like there was something in their throat messing with their voice. Nero turned his head and saw a single Pokémon. The other Pokémon was like a blue frog on two feet, had orange cheeks, it had two horizontal white lines on its belly under one thin black line. It had yellow eyes, and its hands and feet were all pitch black and had a minimum of three digits except for its middle fingers being the same orange color as its cheeks. It was a Crogunk the Toxic Mouth Pokémon. "Yo. What's up?" Said the Crogunk.

"Oh, um, nothing, just a little lost here. Why is everyone fighting each other?" Nero asked the Crogunk.

"Yo. Oh, that's normal. Everyone fights each other at least once every few days. Luckily, most of the teams are either sent out on missions or are taking the day off." Said the Crogunk before he started to talk again. "Yo. Right, almost forgot, I'm Blu," Said the Crogunk, now named Blu, pausing as they turned around revealing both their back and a small but cute spider-like Pokémon with a green body, which had a cute little face on their abdomen along with red mandibles and a spike popping out of its forehead. They also had yellow legs with a black strip on them. This was Spinarak, the String Spit Pokémon. They were on Blu's back almost like a backpack, to Nero it was adorable. "And this is Rosa, she's a little shy, and that Seviper is Viola, she's our team leader, she normally starts fights with Bianco, they always say it's nature, but I sometimes do think so."

"Nice to meet you, Blu, but I need to ask how long they normally fight for?"

"Yo. Oh, we just need to wait for master Jul―" Blu said before being interrupted by the sound of electricity in the air and followed by the sound of everyone fighting being shocked. Once it had ended, everyone was down. "Yo. Speaking of him, there he is, Master Julius."

Once the fighting ended, Nero could see the room more. It was a large room, the size of a two-story warehouse inside, the floor was made of oak wood, and the walls were made of metal plating. The walls even had wall lamps that made up most of the light in the room, while the ceiling had some lamps that made up the rest. There was even a second floor with a loft with a wooden railing and a corridor that led somewhere within the HQ of the guild, and out of the hall were both Apollonia and Artemis, and right behind them was another Pokémon.

This one was small but still more significant than the two Eeveeolutions they stood next to. They had a roundish body, orange fur, brown ears with yellow on the inside, brown-tipped paws and feet, and a long tail with a lightning bolt on the end of it. It was Raichu the Mouse Pokémon.

The Raichu named Julius was the Master of the Guild, Nero now knew that, and he noticed something about this Raichu. They were old, he could tell. The Raichu had some parts of his fur that were turning gray, his face had a few wrinkles on it, and he was walking around with a small cane. "Quiet down, everyone, you're all too loud, you know." The Raichu named Julius said as they hopped onto the edge of the loft and readied themself for a jump. Nero wasn't ready for what happened next as Julius jumped with so much speed that Nero didn't even see him move. He then saw him standing upside down on the ceiling before falling but not before doing a few front flips and finishing the landing by landing on his feet to the ground perfectly. Nero was amazed by the stunt that was just pulled.

That amazement was changed to concern as there was a loud cracking noise that came from Julius. "AGH! MY BACK!" Julius said as he pressed his paw against his back to apply pressure to his possible broken back. "Geez. I am getting old." They said before walking to Nero and Halo. "You two must be Nero and Halo. Apollonia and Artemis have told me about you. I just want to ask you both would you like to join our guild?" Julius said, but before any answer could be given the sound of his back given out was heard again. "AGH! MY BACK! AGAIN!" He then fell over but was caught by Nero and Halo.

"MASTER!" Said some of the other members of the guild as they rushed over to help their guild master. Without them even knowing someone was watching from a far distance to avoid even being seen. They watched not only the guild but to watch over Nero the Riolu for that is their new mission to see just who this child really is.

End of Chapter 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.1K 46
When Geek, a former human, wakes up as a Pokémon with no memories what so ever, he makes new friends, discovers new secrets, and unravels his mystery...
317 30 22
Nero has just moved to his tenth foster home after his parents died. Nothing makes it look like this one will be any different, until he takes a show...
857 11 28
Follow the story of Ryo the Riolu and his friends as they ventured across Mundus, a continent of perpetual war ignited by the dragons, searching for...
183K 6.1K 41
When Natsu finds a mysterious bottle underneath a table in the Fairy Tail guild they think it's just an ordinary bottle. But when the matchmaker of F...