Strength to Protect (A BBB AU...

By SorameiTenebris

A BBB AU Fanfiction (Big Brother AU) Everything changed that day, and by that time, Boboiboy's role as a hero... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Journal Log 1
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Journal Log 2
Chapter 18
Journal Log 3
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Teaser for the upcoming new arc
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Birthday Special

722 51 7
By SorameiTenebris

A/N: I know I may post this when it's already past Boboiboy's birthday. But I still want to do this. This is set before Solar's kidnapping. :)))

-0-0-0-

The night seemed peaceful with its serene breeze and night sky stars, as the gentle silence surrounds the neighborhood. Everyone was already asleep as it was late and a time for rest. However, one seemed to not have the urge to feel the relaxing slumber of the night.

Boboiboy was seen at the rooftop of their home, gazing at the skies. His brown orbs were able to connect dots, making different shapes, or even spotting out constellations that were oh so familiar to him. It was a nice scenery to look at the night.

Just him alone, in his thoughts, and his mind to wonder far. 

"Still the same, huh?"

Boboiboy closed his eyes as he heard the same familiar voice of his other self, "Hello to you, too, Dark."

He heard a chuckle from Dark, and before his other self could even speak, Boboiboy willed himself to turn into that elemental form. With a sway of his fingers, a mist formed beside him and there appeared a black humanoid version of himself. Turns out, he let his elemental sentient soul reside first with the makeshift figure.

Dark seemed to notice that he was given a figure on short notice. But he paid no heed to it and sat beside Boboiboy, "This seems better. I get to accompany you in your gloom doom star gazing."

Boboiboy chuckled, "Never pegged you to be sarcastic."

Dark laughs at this, but notices how his eyes were suddenly clear as day. He looked up and saw the stars above, the elemental sentient could only awe in wonder.

"This... this is the first time I'm seeing this directly. I usually let what you see enter my mind." Dark said as the gray orbs of his humanoid figure make out the shining balls of fire from above.

Yet he turned to see his original, eyes closed, but smiling. Dark didn't need to spell it out, but Boboiboy's emotions seemed to show sadness, and it made him worry.

"You know... you can't see in that form. But you let me turn into your figures."

Boboiboy opened his hollow brown orbs as he stares at Dark's direction, "It's been awhile since you came to me. After what you said... I wonder how you lived knowing that you don't see the beauty of the world. But it's my fault why you're like this."

Dark shakes his head and said, "I understand you, Boboiboy. You have repressed me because of something you cannot control. I know that it's up to you when in terms of fixing this, but it doesn't mean I blame you for everything."

"Still..." Boboiboy softy interjects, "Even if it's not permanent, it may help if you get to see things personally."

"Oh, Boboiboy..." Dark chuckles as he ruffles his original's hair, "I already know that the world  is beautiful, and it's because my original is the best there ever has."

"Oh you're just joking around."

"Why should I focus on many things when I already know the bigger picture, Boboiboy." Dark hums as he looks at his original, who wore black, 'I don't get to see how you look like often. But at least I know how I look.'

"I am you, in a sense, a shadow of your true self. However, the form I hold isn't always permanent. It's up to you how." Dark says, 

"And because I am a reflection of yourself, even if you deem me to have my own personality, I know that you're fighting a lot, especially yourself."

Boboiboy didn't reply, as his knees were now near his chest, his arms wrapping around it, "I miss being a kid."

Dark didn't reply, rather, he scoots near and hugs his original, whom he considers his brother, "I know."

"I miss them."

"I know."

Dark knows this, but he kept those words simple. As an elemental sentient, he is the soul and core of the owners, a way to harness its powers. It depends on how owners were able to manipulate it through shapes and forms. He remembers his past owners, most of them using it for evil deeds since they understood this power as merely destruction only. Yet, there was only two that managed to open his own heart.

And one of them is his current owner, and brother, Boboiboy himself.

He understood why, and the main clue was how he used his dark figures. Dark remembers the first time Boboiboy acknowledged everything that has happened to him, and he chose to deny any further. Yet it also blinded him because this centered his emotions more.

Boboiboy leans towards his elemental dark figure, as he felt what Dark was feeling through his surroundings. The brunette knew that dark figures were an extension to his senses. But with Dark using the figure, it was nice to know that it was sentient for a short amount of time.

"You should look at the stars too, Dark. They're beautiful."

"I did, but the stars aren't just beautiful, Boboiboy." Dark replies, "Because it's the first time I get to see you."

Boboiboy's eyes became wide as he replies, "Not much to expect?"

"Nah, it's all the best for me. I don't need to see anything further." Dark replies, 

The brunette was silent for a few moments, but he chose to speak, "Dark... I..."

"I know." Dark hums, "Your dark figures mostly shows the people you know for so long, and they run through the emotion you portray. The stronger your will, the stronger they are. I'm just different because you allow my sentient soul to take form with one of your figures."

"I guess, I wanted some company..."

"I know. Because it's your birthday." Dark says, "You remember all the time to watch the stars since that's what you and your parents would do. I guess you were trying to fill the void that you missed deeply."

The brunette didn't know how to reply to that statement, and he couldn't control how his hands began to tremble and he bit his lip from trying to cry.

"Boboiboy?"

"I know I... shouldn't be blind and fall under such pretentious illusions, but... just once, may I..."

The elemental sentient knew what he meant, "Of course."

Dark, being able to see, then saw how a mist began to surround them, and it arose two new figures, which he knew all too well. He didn't reply, but his insides suddenly felt heavy when Dark gets to see what Boboiboy did just now, and before.

They are the dark figures of his parents, Maya and Amato, and it hurts how he felt Boboiboy's guilt to fall at an illusion he just made. Yet he was desperate for some comfort and he wants to succumb to it.

Dark remembers the time Boboiboy hugged Gempa, but he felt off since he wasn't there to witness what happened next. It was like his empathic connection was cut off, but he knew what figure appeared to protect the two from Amato.

It was a dark figure of Maya.

And he knew what it meant.

Then that moment alone inside his room, Boboiboy chose to silently cry after what happened to those events with his father. Dark could only feel and desperately want to ease some of his owner's tensions. But he knew that his owner turned to his dark elemental self, and he made two figures, and they were his parents.

It was Boboiboy's emotions that made the figures act. To be his parents, fake or made up it may be, but the brunette wanted some sort of nostalgic feeling during his child days.

He tried to be strong for his brothers, but at the same time, Dark knew that his owner has his limits as well.

Dark flinched when he felt the two figures of his parents wrapping his arms around the two of them. He was about to dissipate and go back to offer some privacy, but Boboiboy held onto him, as if he was afraid he would disappear.

"Is this... what it feels like to have parents?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"It's nice." It was, but Dark knew this is just temporary, and it was his owner's comfort. The least he could do is console him about this one day. He knew that this wasn't good, but the elemental sentient couldn't help but allow it.

"I feel like... I'm forgetting something... but I can't remember." Boboiboy sighs as he buries his head onto Dark's shoulder, "I... I know this isn't real and it's temporary... but I just want to feel something. I don't want to see what isn't real, but it felt great to feel the past for a short while."

'When you lose your something, you tend to be more aware of what you want.'  Dark sighs, 'I, too, have secrets as well, but I'll tell it one day when you're ready.'

Under the stars, Dark didn't even bother looking at the sky, rather, he focused his now seeing eyes onto his owner.

Boboiboy's hands were trembling, and he could hear sniffles which he tries to hide by biting his lip.

Dark knew that this form won't last long, and he would be back to being blind, but he hopes that if he were to see again, it would be when Boboiboy finally accepts himself. Now, he is the emotional self owner, or rather, Dark knows what Boboiboy wants and needs.

He couldn't do it, everything was up to Boboiboy.

"Happy Birthday, Boboiboy." He greets his owner, 'One day, I hope to see you recover.'

"Thanks for the gift, Dark."

"I didn't give you anything."

"It's nice that you accompany me. You could just go back right after I let you take form in one of the dark figures. But you stayed... thank you." Boboiboy replied with a small smile.

Dark chuckles, "I should be the one saying thank you. It's because you gave me a chance to see, short it may be, but at least I get to see the world you have in a bigger picture."

"Still, it's a nice gesture." Boboiboy replies, "We're family, and I accept you wholeheartedly."

Dark didn't reply as he focuses more on his owner and brother. Yet his eyes dart at the two dark figures, whose sole impulse is to only hug their creator. It's truly a sad display since they mostly reflect the will of the owner, and it doesn't help that this was what Boboiboy wanted, a glimpse of the past.

Throughout the night, they stayed until Boboiboy finally decided to go back to his room to sleep. Dark didn't argue anything about it and finally dissipates with the mist along with the other two. Back in within his owner, he was blind once more, and he could only sense the outside world through his owner.

But he would never forget how sad it truly is to live with a broken family.

-0-0-0-

A/N: Explanation!

Well, the dark figures that Boboiboy could conjure is also an extension to his senses. Which means they have eyes that could see. They act upon the emotions, will, and impulse of the owner. So control is needed, yet if Boboiboy gets too emotional, those figures would become even more unpredictable and dangerous.

However, in Dark's case, his sentient soul was transported to the dark figure Boboiboy conjured, and with Dark being a dark figure, he could see using its eyes.

That's why for such short notice, Dark was able to see. But the down side to those dark figures, you can make a form out of your love ones and let it act like them, since it responds to your emotional turmoil of sadness, desperation, and loneliness. The figures act to protect the owner as well, and Boboiboy somewhat willed the figures of Maya and Amato to act like them through actions.

Yeah, a Birthday special of me loosing sleep because I was inspired to write something aboout this hahahahha

Thanks for the 5.k reads too, owo <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.4K 72
This is my first fanfiction so please be kind to me. Just correct me if I make mistake. I don't mind. Oh, and feel free to comments! I like reading p...
31.2K 2K 20
❝whatever it takes, for them!❞ [ elemental!family fanfiction ] - boboiboy cyclone. the epitome of joy, happiness, carelessness. but as one member fa...
38K 1.3K 8
This fanfiction take place after Boboiboy Movie 2! Already saved by his friends from his enemies but now the consequences is getting into Boboiboy an...
1K 55 17
Tapops is now working together with a new organisation! How will this effect them? Read to find out! ❗️: Please don't steal my AU -there will be made...