The villainess will survive!

By Bellahahahahaha

All Sayuri wanted to do was live a peaceful life. However, when she go into an accident and transported into... More

Part 1: Woke up as the villainess
Part 2: First day of school
Part 3: The heroine is here!
Part 4: My Onii-sama is a capture target
Part 5: Meet the Magic Genius!
Part 6: The lab room
Part 8: Another capture target
Part 9: Politician's son
Part 10: Spying on my Onii-sama
Part 11: A capture target?
Part 12: A busy day, indeed
Part 13: Finishing first semester
Part 13: The dream
Part 14: Meeting at the Royal Palace
Part 15: A god's regret
Part 16
Part 17: The sleepover
Part 18: Lucas meets Ivy
Part 19: Coming back home and parting again
Part 20: Investigating the drought
Part 21: Human traffickers
Part 22: Reporting at the Royal Palace
Part 23: Morning, on a typical day
Part 24: The festival
Part 25: Festival #2
Part 26: The festival #3
Part 27: Festival #4
Part 28: New Semester
Part 29: O-Onii-sama???
Part 30: My fiance
Part 31: Nurse's office
Part 32: The spy
Part 33: The heroine, finally acting
Part 34: Down in the dungeon
Part 35: At the lab
Part 36: Should I tell him?
Part 37: The hidden Principal
Part 38 :Appointment???
Part 39: Transfer student
Part 40: J-jealousy?!
Part 41:Dark arts
Part 42: The invitation
Part 43:Ellios' father
Part 44: The magic tower
Part 45: The magic tower #2
Part 46: The magic tower #3
Part 47: The Magic Tower #4
Part 48: Back at the academy, except.....
Part 49: Allies or foe?
Part 51: Elijah's motives
Part 53: Wrong conclusion
Part 54: And so The Tournament begins!
Part 55: Determination to win
Part 56: Medical contest, the second part
Part 57: House arrest
Part 58 : Who??? And why?
Part 59: Finding someone trustworthy
Part 59: Going to court
Part 60: Investigation results
Part 61: Request
Part 62: A visit
Part 63: The Prince's arrival
Part 64: A surprising welcome
Part 65: Decision
Part 66: The Temple and the trial
Part 67: Unexpected interruption
Part 68: Testimony
Part 69: Secret revealed
Part 70: Explanation
Part 71: Letter delivery
Part 72: Settling suspicions
Part 73: Dress
Part 74: Small surprise
Part 75: Asking the Crown Prince
Part 76: Adriana's secret revealed
Part 77: Taking advantage of a situation
Part 78: Accusations at the ball
Part 79: Regret
Part 80: Count Castria
Part 81: Drug distribution
Part 82: Ivy's father
Part 83: Breakdown
Part 84: Unstable
Part 85: Not what it seems
Part 86: Explosion
Part 87: A big brother's regret
Part 88: Ivy Castria
Part 89: Farewell
Part 91: A walk in the garden
Part 92: Tying up loose ends (END)

Part 52: My father was a duke, of course

3.1K 116 6
By Bellahahahahaha

This couldn't be. 

Albert wouldn't swap out me for Ivy when Ivy hasn't even gained that much recognition. 

Sure, her father was an Earl, but my father was a duke. 

Consider it like this: My father was the head judge of the whole country, in which his decision was always the final decision for every huge case. 

He had the power to overrule anything, even if it seemed the most unreasonable choice to take. 

Though if I were honest, we have to watch our steps more than any other noble. 

One mistake and accusations from the vulture nobles come in. 

Not that all of them were only greedy and wanted to topple my father over. 

Most of the nobles were in line, to give their share to the commoners beneath them, and also to prevent a revolt against them. 

Justice was a very important factor in this country, surprisingly. 

But there was an exception to my father's power, though. 

In the otome game, I'm sure he did everything to prevent Roselyn from being beheaded. 

But the appearance of the one and only King stepped in court. 

Even thought the King judging the court was very, very, rare, he couldn't ignore it when his own son, the next king, needed it. 

Albert had loved Ivy very much, and considered Roselyn as a nuisance. 

Usually the King would leave it up to the Duke and nobles below them to judge because personally, my father was a very fair person who considered all elements. 

That was why the King had trusted my father so much, knowing that with him as the leader of the court, nobody guilty would go unpunished. 

And the people below my father, the marquesses? 

The primary judges, but my father's power equaled to more than half of their votes. 

And why, the lower Earls had even less power. 

Barons and Viscounts almost counted as the commoners when voting, except just had a noble status. 

Our territory, wealth, foundation, power, you name it. 

My family's were at least double, no triple whatever Ivy's new-appointed-earl-of-a-father's legacy was. 

But even when Ivy hadn't done anything particularly amazing or saintess-ish, he decided to replace me anyways? 

Oh, most of the nobles were not going to agree, except the faction that was against my father but had never managed to overpower him even banded together. 

In this world, marriage was simply a way to connect powers together. 

Anybody would want a relationship with a high-ranking noble, and having benefits from both sides. 

If my father wanted, I would get an engagement with anybody in a heartbeat. 

Who wouldn't want their sons to marry the well-raised, elegant, noble daughter from a high ranking family who had immense wealth and status? 

And gain a connection and possibly a bit of the inheritance while they're at it?

But obviously, they paired me up with the idiot prince because of how this rank system works. 

Anybody would have done the same with their children, unfortunately. 

Which is why I can't blame my father, since he didn't know and only wanted the best for me. 

But Ivy, she's only regarded as a kind noble lady, nothing more or less. 

While my personality is pretty much unknown and undiscussed but have theories about, the respect (or jealousy) others have for me weighs at least ten times more than the amount they have for Ivy. 

That is because of my position, and the power I have following behind me. 

So why, just why did Albert already reveal his relationship with Ivy, and in front of me? 

Did he not think I could use it? 

Oooh, I get it. 

He was telling me that I was just a stupid, little noble girl who wouldn't know how to counter on this. 

I looked to the side. 

Oh, how I couldn't wait to see his defeated face in court. 

But his status as a crown prince was a bit tricky to beat, but I could bring his reputation down a few steps........

Its too early for that, though. 

I simply didn't have enough evidence in my hands to even start a trial in the court. 

I turned to my right side. 

"Elijah, you're still here?" I asked as he floated beside me. 

"Mmmhm. Do you want something from me?" He asked. 

I stared deeply into at him to see any signs of true emotions, but its not like I could really tell. 

"Elijah, what exactly is your goal in this world?" 

                                                           ***

"Roselyn, obviously its our contract. If it weren't for your long request, I would have been long gon—" 

"Stop with the acting, Elijah. I can't believe you'd consider me this dumb, as the person who went into a contract with a god such as yourself." 

Silence surrounded the air between us, and its as if we reflected on each other but in stillness and quietude. 

"Well, isn't this the second time you've asked me?" He pouted as the silence broke. 

"Yes, and you've avoided it quite well. Do give me the answer I'm looking for this time?" 

Once again, silence ran through the room. 

"Alright, alright. You're right. But what do you think my motives are? I'd like to hear it from yourself. "

"Well, the first thing that might have made me think was that you only came when I called. At first, I thought it was because of our contract. Then the thought ran through my mind, 'What if you can only come to me when I allow it? What if that contract is what allows it in the first place?'" 

"You said you couldn't destroy the scroll that sealed your name away? Anybody could have seen that there was some sort of limit to your actions in this human world." 

I smirked, "Its almost like that contract is what allowed you to, in the first place." 

"And so I thought, 'What if this contract that removes that limit is the whole reason you made a contract with me in the first place?' It wasn't a bad idea, since we both had something to gain from. The fact that I would receive your help for the whole plot while I only gave you something that measly in return didn't sound right. You didn't sound like the type to care whether we remembered you or not." 

I looked at him with a curious glint in my eyes. 

"Whenever I call for your name, you come immediately. But you disappear as you wish, don't you? However, I felt like today's experiment proved that right and wrong at the same time. I called you out to ask your motive, but you gave me a simple yet reasonable answer." 

I don't feel like Elijah was lying about caring about this world, but there was certainly more to it.

"How exactly did you come back," flashbacks to my crying state came to me, "after I finished discussing with Albert? I don't remember thinking of you a single time, yet you were beside me. You had disappeared until that moment." 

This proved that whenever I called him, he had a certain limit of time he could stay until being called again. 

According to my calculations, that time had to be at least 20 minutes. 

But what did he do with that extra time? 

He had to do something, and that something was the exact objective I was trying to find. 

"Roselyn, I'll have to admit.........You're too narrowminded." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 7.1K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
34.3K 1.7K 18
Inspired by reading too much isekai, romance, reincarnated Villainess-themed manga and manhwa. As if there's no abundance of them already, I decided...
7.9M 459K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
8.3K 395 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...