waiting for you ➨ poe dameron

By multifandomsw

Her head was spinning, her mind swirling around with questions and thoughts. Tears spilled out her eyes uncon... More

ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴄᴀsᴛ
ᴀᴇsᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟғᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ғɪᴠᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

114 7 23
By multifandomsw

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

The following weeks went by quite quickly. Eliora knew she had to concentrate on learning to pilot, so she used nearly every single minute of her free time to study. Jess helped her the most, showing her the control center, teaching her how to fix a X- wing by yourself, in case there is no mechanic available to help her and also showed her how to clean it. Eiora hoped she'd be able to join a squadron soon. Because she studied so much for this. Even too much. She didn't do as much with her friends. Chloe was often not in their quarters at night and Aayla was occupied with Jess. Still, Eliora spent time with Aayla while Jess teached them. It wasn't really nice for Eliora, because both Jess and Aayla constantly flirted with each other. But it kind of amused Eliora.

And Derik, she didn't know how he was. The brunette avoided him the best she could and barely saw him anymore, which made her feel relieved. It didn't bother her much anymore. The first few days were rough, but now, now she didn't even think about it. She didn't want to. The boy didn't deserve a single thought from Eliora and she knew that. What she also knew was : If Derik wanted to speak with her, he couldn't. Aayla and Chloe wouldn't let him. And neither would Poe. Most definitely not. He would beat him before he could even say a single word to Eliora. The same was for the General. Leia told him that she would kick him out if Derik only looked at Eliora's direction.

And Poe, he thought constantly of Eliora. He didn't want to be pushy, he was afraid of talking to her. He knew she wouldn't trust him anymore, not after what had happened with Derik. But Poe cared deeply for the girl, even tho she didn't know it. Even tho Poe didn't know much about her. He knew he liked her. She was beautiful, intelligent and nice. Every time he saw her, he wanted to speak to the girl. But Poe Dameron, the best pilot of the resistance, the man who flirted with literally everyone, was afraid. Afraid of talking to Eliora. He didn't know why. When it came to the brunette girl, Poe became soft. And he never got the courage to talk to her after what happened to Derik. They exchanged a few glances, soft smiled, but nothing more. But he cared for her.

But since a few weeks, he was allowed to go on missions again. He has been punished by General Organa for going against her commands. The same was for his friend Snap. That's why they were forced to teach the new pilots. But now, he could finally go on missions again. The one thing he liked the most. Flying. But was he happy about it? This punishment brought him new friends, brought him Eliora. Someone he cared about. And now he returned to flying on reckless and dangerous missions. Normally he wouldn't care, but he wanted to stay with his friends. To be able to see Eliora. And he didn't know what it was. What was that he was feeling for her?

Poe knew that the missions meant a lot to the resistance. They were really close to find the map to Luke Skywalker, so Poe didn't want to mess it all up. There was a last hint. Someone who knew where the map was. Where Lor San Tekka was, the man rumored to have the map. Someone knew where he was, that was the last mission before finding the map to Skywalker. And Poe knew it. So he did his best. He had to come back with the location of Lor San Tekka. To come back with hope. And even tho there were people he didn't want to leave, he did. For the resistance. This mission was important. Nearly the last mission to find the map. He really hoped the spy, who would tell them the information, was correct. And he hoped they would find Lor San Tekka. With the map. But before he left, he wanted to talk to Eliora.

"There's an announcement we want to make.", Aayla began smiling at all the people in the room. Aayla and Jess had invited their friends, so now Yolo, Chloe, Karé, Snap, Poe and Eliora sat there, waiting for the news. Chloe was sitting on Yolo's lap and Snap and Karé were tangled into each other's arms. Only Poe and Eliora were sitting alone, but it didn't bother them, did it? "Just tell us!", Eliora exclaimed after a short silence. Aayla was really nervous, her hands were sweaty and she felt the sweat building on her forehead. Was she able to do this? The black haired girl took a deep breath and closed her yk, Yolo asked, because he didn't understand her. Aayla once again took a deep breath. "I'm Gay.", she began. "Like- I like- eh- women?"

The reaction she got was nothing expected. Everyone looked as normal as before, no ones face expression really changed. They still held smiles on their faces, as if nothing had just happened. "And what was the announcement you wanted to make?", Eliora joked, grinning. She looked Aayla into the eyes, giving her a small nod. Eliora knew it from the beginning on and the fact wouldn't chance anything. She loved Aayla the same and was really happy for her. "You knew?" Everyone burst into laughter. "Everyone did.", Poe chuckled. Aayla now let out a shaky breath. She was relieved. Relived that they accepted her the way she was. But of course they did. They were her friends.

After a short while, she looked at her feet. There was clearly something else she wanted to say. The girl nervously looked at her shoes, not knowing how to form the sentence. "Oh come on Aayla, we know what you want to say.", Karé reassured her, gaining a grin from Jess. Aayla just looked confused. "Of course we know. You two are dating, right?", Eliora gestured from Jess to Aayla, smiling widely. "How did you-", she began, but got interrupted. "Not important.", Jess said, grabbing Aayla's chin and pulling her into a long passionate kiss, which caused their friends to cheer. "We know the consequences. Love and war isn't the best thing someone can do. But it works. With Karé and Snap for example. We both are prepared to lose each other. But we really want this.", Jess gave Aayla a reassuring smile.

"Chloe and me are also dating.", Yolo blurted out, gaining an elbow in his stomach from Chloe. "Hey, they already knew.", he laughed softly at Chloe, looking intensely into her blue eyes. They truly loved each other. And Eliora was more than happy for them. Maybe now she was the inexperienced one in her friend group, but she couldn't care less. She was more than happy for her friends. But there was some hint of sadness. Did she also want this? She told herself she didn't, not after Derik. But maybe true love existed? "I didn't want to tell you, after what happened with Derik- you know? I didn't want you to be sad.", Chloe whispered to Eliora. The brunette just gave the blonde a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I'm happy for you.", Eliora whispered back.

And Poe, Poe just sat there. Watching everyone being happily together. He was more than happy for his friends. They all found love. But there was this longing. He wanted the same. He didn't want a meaningless one night stand, he wanted what his parents had. True love. They loved each other more than themselves. And he wanted that. The pilot looked at his chain around his neck. From the chain, a silver ring hang. His mother's wedding ring. The pilot always carried it with him. For luck. But as the pilot caressed the silver ring, he thought of the other reason he kept it. Someday he wanted to give it to the person he loved, the person he wanted to marry. The brunette pilot sighed. Maybe some day, some day he could..

A young beautiful female was sitting in front of a baby crib. She had beautiful long brown hair with deep brown eyes. In the crib laid a little baby girl, looking almost exactly like the mother. The beautiful women slowly whipped the crib and quietly mumbled something.
"I hope you'll have a better life than me. I hope you don't have to live within war. It's difficult, I know. But we did it. There's no more war. And dear Eliora, I hope you don't have to live like this. In war. In fear.", the woman began, a small tear sliding down her face. But she was not sad. The woman was happy. More than that. She had a family now. She had peace in the galaxy. Everything she had ever wished for in her life. But why did it not feel like the end? Why did she feel like something would happen? Why did she have that weird feeling? But she thought nothing about it. Not yet. Now she was happy to see her beautiful girl. Now she was happy to have someone she loved, someone who loves her back.
"No matter what happens Eliora, remember, you'll never be truly alone. We love you, we will always love you. Promise me you will find someone like your father. Someone who will love you, who will respect you, with whom you can build a family.", the brunette woman continued, staring at her child. She smiled widely at her young girl. The door opened, revealing a young man. He smiled softly at the woman and walked over her. The man took her off the ground and spun her around, both of them giggling. With one passionate and long kiss, the man let go of the brunette. He caressed her cheek with his thumb and whispered something. "I love you and our child so so much."

Eliora woke up panting. Her heart was racing, her hands were sweaty and when she brought her hands to her face, it was wet. Had she been crying? The brunette instantly looked around the room, hoping to find someone, but no one was there. No sign of Chloe, no sign of Aayla. Eliora groaned and fell back into her pillows. Then she remembered why she woke up. The dream. It all felt so real. She didn't think she was dreaming. It felt like she was right there. Was this her mother? Were this her parents? They seemed so peaceful, but there was something off. Something about her mother. The same thing was when her mother left her. She looked disturbed, like she had something on her mind. Why was Eliora dreaming about her? Who was she even? She could remember nothing of her parents. It was like the time before Tatooine was erased of her mind.

The brunette needed fresh air, so she stumbled out of her room, her hands still slightly trembling. She immediately found the door to the outside, settling herself down on the grass of D'Qar. As she looked up she saw the sky, stars spread over it. The blueish color of the sky was beautiful. Dark blue mixed with black creating a good atmosphere. The sky embraced the stars like a mother her new born child. The stars were like a promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. No matter how many years passed, Eliora saw every night sky as a fresh gift given. Every single night sky looked different, special. The brunette only saw the ones on Tatooine and D'Qar. But she had that feeling, that feeling that she would be able to see the night sky from multiple planets soon.

As Eliora was watching the night sky, trying to forget about her dream, she didn't even see the dark figure walking to her. Only when someone sat next to her, she gasped and looked at the person. When she saw the familiar face and dark brown locks hanging into his face, she immediately relaxed. Poe just chuckled, looking at Eliora and smiling. "What are you doing out here so late?", he asked her quietly. Eliora just sighed, looking up the sky again. "Couldn't sleep. Had a weird dream.", she whispered. Poe looked at her side profile intensely. He saw her pursed lips and red stained eyes, had she been crying? "What about you?" Poe just took a deep breath.

"Same.", he admitted, gaining Eliora's attention. When she looked at him, she also saw his tear stained, red- shot eyes. He had been crying, just the same like Eliora. Poe just looked down, being embarrassed. Normally he was the flirty, stubborn and sassy pilot. But right then, right there, he was just a hopeless man. Eliora instantly moved her hand and put it on top of his, giving it a squeeze. When Poe felt her soft hand on his, his heart stopped for a second, but then he smiled widely to himself. "Wanna talk about it?", he asked Eliora. The brunette just shrugged.

"I had a weird dream, about my parents, I guess?", she questioned herself. Were they her parents? "Did you know your parents?", he questioned carefully, as he didn't want to say anything wrong. Eliora just shock her head. "I- I think I knew them, but I don't remember them.", she admitted. "Didn't you tell me you were from Tatooine?" Eliora's eyes widened for a second. He remembered? "My mom left me there when I was just a child. Left me with a family friend of hers. Sola. She was like a mother for me.", Eliora thought about the nice woman and thought about how much she missed her. "What happened to her?", the pilot wanted to know. Eliora just sighed, looking down at her feet. "She went to go buy some things and she never came back. A few weeks later my home was burned by sand people and I had nothing left."

Poe just watched the brunette girl in amazement. He felt sorry for her. No one deserved to live under these conditions. He thought about what the girl had went through. It was definitely a lot. But she still sat there. Next to him. Talking about it. "And then you didn't give up. You continued to fight and that's why you're here?", he assumed, looking at her long brown hair, which glanced in the moonlight. Eliora looked him into his deep brown eyes. "Yes, I used to work in a bar, lived in a left house and spared my money to get a flight to the resistance base.", she grinned softly at the pilot. "What was the dream about?"

Her hand still lay on top of his and now he was the one changing it. He now laid his hand on top of hers. A small tear left Eliora's eyes, but she immediately wiped it away, not wanting to cry in front of the pilot. She wanted to seem strong. But she always hid behind the wall of being tough, in fact she wasn't that tough. She acted like it, but she was still shy. There was the confidence she got when she arrived at the resistance, but the brunette was still afraid of what would come. Afraid of her future. And she was a lot tougher than before what happened with Derik, but she still hid behind that wall. "I think it was my mother, sitting in front of a baby crib. The child was me. She told me that she wanted a good future for me, wanted me to find someone who would love me as my father loved her.", Eliora slowly stated.

Poe smiled sadly at her. "What did she look like?", he asked Eliora. "She was beautiful. Really beyond beautiful. She had long brown hair and brown eyes, like me. But there was something special about her. And then there was something hidden behind her. Like doubt? I don't know." Eliora sighed. Poe was sure her mother just looked like Eliora, which meant she was beautiful. More than that. Gorgeous. "And then there was my father. But I didn't see his face, it was blurred. Like my dream didn't want me to see him? I don't know what he looked like.", Eliora hopelessy stated.

"It's okay. It was just a dream. Maybe it wanted to tell you something. But think about it. It was a good dream. You got to see your mom. You got to see that she loved you, really.", he reassured Eliora. Eliora thought about it for a minute. For years she thought her parents didn't love her. Because they left her. But now she knew they did love her. "Thanks Poe, really thank you.", she smiled softly at the pilot, whose cheeks were now slightly flushed. "Do you want to talk about your dream?", she asked him.

"It was just a dream of my mother.", he remembered, looking at the ground sadly. Eliora looked at him intensely, trying to study his features. "An old memory of mine. When everything was fine. No war, only me and my father and my mother.", he continued. "She died when I was very young", the pilot admitted sadly. "And you miss her very much.", Eliora added. Poe nodded. Now Eliora took his hand and put it into hers. They fitted so good together, it seemed like they were meant for each other. Eliora stroked his muscular hand with her thumb. She could feel the warmth coming from his hand.

"I'm so sorry.", Eliora whispered. After a short peaceful silence, Poe continued. "After she died everything changed. My father and I didn't get along anymore. You know even before she died my parents were not often there for me. They were not often around, because they were busy rebuilding the galaxy and helping the rebel alliance destroy the last imperial stations.", he explained sadly. "Your parents must have been heroes!", Eliora tried to cheer him up. "They were. My mother Shara Bay was one of the best pilots. She flew an A- wing and was even friends with Luke Skywalker!", he exclaimed happily. Eliora grinned at him and chuckled. "Whatever, before my mother died my grandfather took care of me. We all lived on Yavin 4 and were happy. When I was eight she died in a crash when she was on a mission.", Poe sadly said, a small tear running down his face.

"You don't have to tell me." Poe just shock my head. "You told me and I will tell you.", he trailed off for a second. "Then my father and L'ulo, a family friend, took care of me. But the relationship of my father and me was never the best. So we fought a lot and I decided to join the new republic fleet when I was only sixteen.", he admitted. "Now our relationship has improved.", he quickly added. Eliora just looked at him for a second, then enveloped him into a tight embrace. He did the same with her, putting his hands on her waist. He could smell her hair, which smelled like summer. Like flowers. The pilot grinned as he felt her body heat. He had never been so close to the girl. His heart was beating fast and he hold his breath.

Eliora let go and smiled at him. "We both went through a lot.", she whispered. Poe only nodded. "But it's getting better, I promise.", he reassured her. "I hope so." Poe looked at Eliora intensely, trying to take in every detail of her face. "Do I have something on my face?", she giggled, pretending to wipe something away. Poe's eyes widened. "Not at all! You're just eh- beautiful.", he blurted out, then his face went completely read. Normally Eliora would have felt weird, after what happened to Derik she didn't trust many people. But it was different with Poe. When he told her the compliment, her heart began to beat faster and her eyes began to sparkle. "You're not so bad yourself.", she whispered and smiled at him. He was truly good looking. She admitted, the best looking pilot in fact. "Oh really?", he teased, raising an eyebrow.

"You really helped me.", she admitted. "You helped me too. " Eliora thought about it. They both had these dreams at the same time. Both memories or visions of the past. Did it mean something? "When is your next mission?", Eliora wanted to know. "Tomorrow." The brunette girl looked at him shocked. "You need sleep! Why did you talk to me?", she giggled at him. Poe just chuckled. "Talking to you is better than sleeping sweetheart." That made Eliora's heart beat fasted. Sweetheart? She blushed and looked down. "What is the mission about?", she mumbled trying to change the topic. "It's the last hint of where the map to Luke Skywalker is. It is rumored that the map is with Lor San Tokka. And there's a spy to the resistance who knows where Lor San Tokka is. If I'll find him tomorrow and if he really knows where the map is, we'll be able to find Skywalker."

Eliora looked at him in amazement. "Wow. I hope we'll find it.", she smiled at him. "Me too.", he admitted. "Are you afraid?", she asked. "Me? Never!" Eliora just chuckled at the sassy pilot. She bet he was scared, but she didn't say anything further. "You never really talked to me that much.", she thought out loud. Poe shifted uncomfortably. "After what happened with- eh- Derik I wanted to leave you some space.", Poe said honestly. "You didn't have to. Honestly, talking with you is a thousand times better than with Derik. Even than with Aayla and Chloe because they're constantly talking about their partners.", Eliora giggled. "I'm over Derik, really. I don't need space. And you were nice to me from the beginning on. I really appreciate that, Dameron." There was a short break, Poe just looked at the woman in amazement. "Good luck for tomorrow flyboy.", she stated, kissing him on the cheek and left.

Poe just sat her, his eyes widened as he brought his hand to his cheek and then to his lips. Did this really happen? Flyboy? Was this her new nickname for him? Was this a dream? Did Eliora really just say that? On the other hand, Eliora smiled confidently. She was over Derik. And she told herself she didn't want anyone. But when she was with Poe it all felt so different. So surreal. So nice. And she really wanted to be closer to him. Because he was really nice to her. From the beginning on. And Eliora had been the one who chose Derik. Why did she even do that? She always thought she was too bad for Poe. But maybe he felt the same? This affection when he was around her? Eliora didn't know what it was. And even tho she didn't want to be with anyone, she might have just changed her mind. Maybe there was something about Poe.

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

ᴡᴇ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɢᴏᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴇ!! ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴄᴇ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴs!! ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ғᴏʀ 100 ʀᴇᴀᴅs- ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴡᴏᴡ!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 61 13
This is the first fanfiction I have written and it is rather cringe worthy, read at your own risk. ----------------- You two sit there talking abou...
97.2K 1.7K 34
Hera Dameron, younger sister of Poe Dameron. Hera spends her time fixing ships, pretending to fly with her brother and father. Growing up, her only d...
4.5K 246 21
Rey, an abandoned nobody, fought side by side with the powerful Kylo Ren. She saw a future in him, a redemption of Ben Solo. She believed it, and a p...
17.9K 726 22
"I am looking into the eyes of someone who's given up, Leriana Tillisk." She has long since given up. She has long since left. She has long since die...