The Society | Completed

By ayeohfee

Conrad Rosser is a Beta's daughter in a society where each rank is matched within itself. Werewolves are crea... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Epilogue

Part 35

10.8K 359 25
By ayeohfee

"I'm not letting you sleep in a room by yourself," Carlos repeats, his jaw clenched and his arms folded.

"I'm not letting you watch me sleep!" Conrad replies, completely exasperated.

"I don't want to watch you sleep; I just want to make sure nobody kidnaps you," he shoots back, pacing in front of the bedrooms.

"Carlos, why would anyone kill me? I'm a tracker; nobody knows who I am! You're delusional," Conrad complains, slamming the door to the guest bedroom.

"Get changed and come into my room. I don't want you to die," he yells through the thick wood, rubbing his head.

He's tired. The day had emotionally exhausted him, and he sent an email to his therapist asking for a meeting tomorrow instead of the one he had booked last month for the following week.

She hadn't gotten back to him yet, but sending the email had calmed him down enough to function moderately appropriately.

He strolls into his bedroom, stripping off his shirt and wandering over to his chest of drawers, digging through the stacks of clothes in an attempt to find some pyjamas.

He doesn't want to make her uncomfortable by sleeping the way he usually does, in just his boxers. The only pyjamas he has are long-sleeved, and he reluctantly climbs into them, the material brushing against his skin and making him a little jittery.

He usually sleeps freely because he doesn't like constraints.

A knock on his door echoes throughout the room, and he clears his throat.

"Yeah, come in," he calls, trying to calm himself down with his eyes closed.

"I can't believe you're making me do this," Conrad scowls, stomping into the room with her toothbrush in her hand.

Her pyjamas are adorable, and they make a smile grow on his lips that he can't stop.

"Bunnies?" He asks, trying not to laugh.

"Yes, bunnies. Do you have an issue with my bunnies?" She asks, a smile twitching at the corners of her lips.

Don't let him win. Dead bunnies, bad wine, crap books. Don't smile, look miserable, Jane encourages desperately.

Conrad straightens up, walking towards the bathroom.

"No, I actually love bunnies. They're one of my favourite animals. Sabrina loves them," he grins, fixing the duvet on the bed.

"I'm going to brush my teeth," she announces, and he looks up at her, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to join you in a minute; go ahead. The toothpaste is on the bottom shelf of the cabinet," he informs her, picking up his phone.

He sets his alarms reluctantly, running a hand through his hair.

Can we not take a day off tomorrow? Someone is trying to kill us, Blaze complains.

If we took a day off every day someone was trying to kill us, we'd go to work once a month; if we were lucky, Carlos responds to his wolf, rolling his eyes.

And we'd still get everything done! I don't know why you go in every day! You don't need to, and nobody else does, Blaze whines.

You know exactly why I go in every day. It boosts employee morale, Carlos sighs.

No, it boosts Conrad's morale, don't act like I can't see your thoughts, Blaze taunts him.

Carlos blocks his wolf from speaking, the scowl more pronounced on his face.

He walks into the bathroom, trying to appear un-irritated as he grabs his toothbrush from above her head.

She silently passes him the toothpaste tube, continuing to brush her teeth.

Once he starts brushing, she spits her toothpaste out, grabbing the bottle of mouthwash beside the sink.

He raises an eyebrow as she chugs some, making a ridiculous gurgling noise that makes a laugh rise up in his chest.

He can't keep it in and bursts out laughing, spluttering toothpaste all over the mirror.

She stares at him in mild disgust, spitting the mouthwash out.

"You filthy piglet," she remarks, putting her toothbrush beside the sink.

"You make me laugh," he grins, grabbing a tissue and wiping the toothpaste off the mirror.

"No, you need to clean the whole mirror now, not just the toothpaste marks," she complains, and he chuckles to himself, continuing to brush his teeth as he passes her the bottle of glass cleaner.

Conrad grudgingly sprays it onto a rag from the radiator and wipes down the mirror.

Unable to reach the top of the mirror, even on her tippy toes, she scowls at the roof.

Carlos laughs silently, lifting her up like a bottle. She shrieks as she's suddenly in the air, trying to wiggle out of his hold and back onto the ground.

"You can reach now," he mutters around his toothbrush, and she groans aloud, reaching up and doing the two inches of the mirror she missed.

"Are you happy now?" She sighs, and he raises an eyebrow, putting her back on the ground gently, not letting go until he's sure that she's stable on her feet.

"You didn't have to do that; I would have done it before we went to sleep," he shrugs, and she stares at him.

"We? Both of us can't sleep; one of us needs to stay awake," she remarks, trying to keep her irritation reigned in.

She's stressed out; having her charge almost killed tends to cause stress, as does an unexpected sleepover. She's not one for spontaneity; she likes plans and organisation. The change in her night has made her anxious and uneasy, and that usually comes out a little mean, no matter what she does to try to stop it.

"Okay, I'll take the first shift. I'm wide awake," he offers, and she nods hesitantly.

"Are you sure? I'm supposed to be protecting you," she warily responds.

"Sweetheart, I'm a High Alpha. I can protect everyone in this neighbourhood without breaking a sweat," he snorts, and she rolls her eyes.

"You know what, I was concerned until you were cocky," she shrugs, walking out of the bathroom and jumping onto the bed, the silky sheets running through her fingers.

"Hey, don't walk away; I was totally kidding," he quickly calls, putting his toothbrush down and walking into the bedroom.

He spots her snuggling into the bed, sitting up and staring at the blank screen of the television.

"I really appreciate you protecting me. I know that if you weren't here, I'd probably be very hurt at the moment," he says sincerely, lifting her chin with his forefinger to try to look her into the eyes as he crouches down by the bed.

"I know that. I wouldn't like it if you were dead; I've gotten used to you and can't work for anyone else," she rolls her eyes, a smile tugging at her lips.

"Okay, fine, I'll accept that. What movie do you want to watch?" He asks, hopping over her onto the bed.

"I don't mind; what do you want to watch?" She counters.

"Die Hard?" He suggests, and she shakes her head, "Star Wars? Sister Act? Pitch Perfect?"

Every offering gets a head-shake, so he groans after a few minutes of scrolling.

"We're watching Bring it On. I don't care, sit back and enjoy the movie. You're going to sleep soon, anyway, so I have to watch it," he shrugs, clicking on the movie and sitting back, his arms folded over the sheets.

After a few minutes of both of them watching the movie, the room is too warm for all of the layers Carlos has, and he reluctantly pulls off his top, dropping it onto the floor beside him.

"Oh, is this Magic Mike?" She asks sarcastically, looking over at him.

She averts her eyes quickly, because his chest is just as muscled as it used to be.

"Sure. I didn't turn that on because I know you wouldn't go to sleep. Sorry," he remarks.

"Oh, so you thought watching teenage cheerleaders would make me doze off sooner?" She grins, sitting up properly.

"Well, it always used to. You and Sabrina used to love cheerleader movies," he shrugs, looking over to her.

"I'm surprised you remember that," she responds hesitantly, running a hand through her hair.

"Of course, I remember that. You raised her for a summer, and you helped me become the father I am now. I owe you more than either of us know," he chuckles awkwardly, rubbing his neck and then dropping his hands onto the sheets.

She stares at his hand, her heart speeding up a little as she considers her options.

She takes a quiet breath, sliding her hand into his and continuing to stare at the television screen, her heart in her mouth.

He doesn't comment on the hand, although he blushes and rubs her hand with his thumb.

Carlos is delighted she took the first step of contact, because he wasn't sure if this entire night was going to be the two of them confined to opposite sides of the bed. He'd have no issue with that, but he likes clarity.

He raises her hand to his lips, gently kissing her knuckles before lowering her hand back down.

Kiss him. You have to. He kissed your hand, Jane urges excitedly.

Conrad, for once, decides to listen to her wolf, sitting up on her knees and pretending she's continuing to watch the screen.

She reaches over to his cheek with her free hand, turning his face towards her and pulling his head towards her.

She locks eyes with him for a moment, and then pulls him in for a kiss, their lips locking.

Just like they used to, Jane crows, delighted her plan worked.

Carlos lifts her onto his lap, and she automatically wraps her legs around his waist, wrapping her arms around his neck.

One of his hands supports her back, making sure she doesn't fall off the bed, and the other is tangled in her hair, setting the pace of the kiss.

They pull apart after a few minutes, Conrad immediately taking a deep gasp of air.

Carlos gives her a second, a smirk on his lips as he gently pulls her head back by her hair, leaving her neck exposed.

He runs his nose along the front of her neck, and she holds her breath.

He kisses along where he ran his nose, inhaling her scent as he goes.

He secures the area where a mark would be in his mouth, and she inhales sharply as he sucks on it, unable to stop the groan leaving her lips.

Ha, you look like such an idiot, Jane comments, and Conrad swears at her wolf, blocking her out.

Conrad decides to make a move, reaching down to the hem of her pyjama top and beginning to pull it over her head.

She regrets wearing pyjamas emblazoned with rabbits - she looks like a child's easter project, and she has a tonne of silky, lacey creations in her wardrobe.

"I didn't say you could strip," he breathes, the husky tone of his voice making her straighten up.

"I wanted to make it even. You have your top off," she replies, tossing the shirt away from her.

Carlos shakes his head, a smile on his lips.

"You always surprise me," he remarks softly, tracing the contours of her torso, his thumbs brushing over her nipples.

"You like being surprised, don't you?" She asks breathlessly, looking down at him.

"I like doing the surprisingly, sweetheart," he whispers, flipping them over.

Her hair spreads out over the pillow beneath her head, and her eyes are wide with shock and surprise at the sudden movement.

She doesn't have time to speak, because he's back to her neck, his lips sucking the other side of it, mirroring the mark he left in the spot where her mark would have been.

His right hand lifts her lower back up, letting her legs wrap around his hips again.

Carlos looks up at her face, where her eyes are closed, and lips are slightly parted.

She looks relaxed, and he smirks, sliding down her body a little.

He peppers kisses along her shoulders and bust, securing her nipple in between his lips and nipping it gently, moving onto the other one.

He continues his journey downwards, kissing her hip bones through her pyjama shorts.

"Are you okay?" He asks gruffly, and she nods wordlessly, "I want to hear you say it, baby."

"I'm okay, keep going," Conrad bursts out, swatting at his head.

He removes her legs from his waist, sliding her pyjama shorts off her legs before sliding back up.

He kisses the inside of her thigh, gently squeezing her thigh before he kisses just above her pubic bone.

Her breathing is the only sound apart from the cheers of the movie behind them, and he gives her no warning before he secures his lips around her clit, letting his tongue dance across the smooth surface before pulling away, glancing up at her face.

Her hands are clenched around handfuls of the sheets, and her head is thrown backwards, almost facing the wall behind her.

Before he can ask her if she's okay again, she wraps her legs around his head lightly, encouraging him to continue.

He happily obeys, running his tongue along her slit and pausing to kiss the other thigh, returning to her clit after a moment.

She pulls him upwards, her hands catching under his arms.

"I want to fuck you," she bluntly declares, and he stares at her in shock, blinking at her.

"This isn't why I did that," he informs her, his eyebrows so raised that they're almost part of his hairline.

"I know. But I want to fuck you," she repeats, sliding down his trousers.

"Are you sure?" He asks, and she nods firmly.

He's frozen in place, and she grumbles something to herself, something he doesn't catch, before wrapping her legs around his waist and pulling him into her.

"Shit," she gasps, scrunching up her nose and clawing his back, trying to adjust to his size.

"It's okay, just breath, take your time; I won't move until you want me to," he warns his, wondering how long it had been for her. She reacted the same way the first time they had slept together, too.

Conrad bites his shoulder, slowly pressing her heels into his back, letting him know he can begin thrusting.

He obeys, taking it slow to give her the chance to change her mind.

They both release quiet groans as the same time, and it makes Conrad laugh, relaxing her.

"You enjoying chewing on my shoulder?" He asks teasingly, thrusting roughly to distract her from answering.

"Loving it," she stutters, trying to keep a straight face.

When she fails, she buries her face in the crook of his neck, moaning softly into his shoulder.

"Good girl," he chuckles, holding her close to him.

Double update, gonna go hide my head in shame! It's better than the sex scenes in TU were, okay? (That's not saying much at all)

- Aoife :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 70.1K 79
Mia had given up all hope after being captured by a group of human scientists at a young age, subjected to years of torturous testing from those who...
299K 9K 19
Naylani and Jason grow up together. Naylani is the beta's daughter and Jason is the Alpha's son. Their Fate binds them together
86.2K 6.9K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
357K 13.2K 22
~COMPLETED~ Asha is an artist and a beta dreams of having a mate who will love and cherish him. Kade is an alpha and Montenegro's richest heir,he jus...