The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 37

852 30 17
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Hey readers! Here is chapter 37! Hope you enjoy it.

Make sure to vote and comment!

Love y'all!

(Ethan above ^^)

~~~~~~

(Amelia's Point of View)

It's been 2 days since I got my mothers letter. I have been debating calling my dad. I open my phone and his contact, but then my finger hovers above the call button. I wear the necklace all the time though, I haven't taken it off ever since Ethan put it on.

I am scared, I don't know why, but I am just scared. I want to get to know my dad better, I want him in my life, but I am just scared.

Right now sitting in my Literature class, I tap my foot on the ground as one of my hands fiddle with the necklace while the other is cupping my chin as it supports my face. I listen to the teacher only to zone out not even two seconds later.

The sound of the bell shakes me out of my thoughts and I jump a little in my seat. I pick up my bag, dump all my books into it, close the zip and toss it on my shoulder. I walk out of the class and towards my locker. I open my bag, put my books in and just as I am closing my locker two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Hi." I giggle when I feel him place a small kiss on the side of my neck. "Hey." He says and turns me around to face him in his arms. Once I am facing him he bends down to my height and pecks my lips. "I missed you." He says as he puts his chin on my head. "I was with you like an hour ago." I chuckle. "Mhm... And..?" He asks.

I chuckle at his response and peck his jaw. "Hey love birds!" Andrew says as he comes and stands next to Ethan. "Hi!" I say with a grin. "Let's get going to class." Ethan says and I nod.

We both wave bye to Andrew before walking to bio, hand in hand.

~~~

I am sitting in my room on my bed with Adrain next to me. Both of us are watching a random disney movie on my laptop with a big bowl of chips between us.

Adrian's head is on my lap and my legs are straight while my back takes support from my headboard. My fingers run through his soft hair as I use my other hand to eat the chips.

"Amelia?" I hear him say softly as he turns his face to look at me. "Hmm?" I say as I look down at him. "Ethan told me your birthday was tomorrow." He says.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I never did anything for my birthday. When grandpa was there maybe we cut a cake and decorated the house but after he passed away we couldn't. My birthday was way too close to the day he passed away and everyone would mostly be shaken by that, even me. But grandma would still manage to give me a gift with a small smile and that meant so much to me.

"Yeah. It is." I say with a nod. "So what are you planning to do?" Adrian asks. "Nothing much probably going to sit up cuddled on the couch and watch some movies." I grin. "That sounds nice. And I can cuddle you." He grins. "You sure can." I smile and peck his forehead.

Just then Ethan walks in. "Hey!" He says as he flops down onto the bed. "Hi!" Adrian and I say in usion as I pause the movie. "What are you guys doing?" He says as he pushes Adrian's head off my lap and replaces it with his. "Hey! Not fair!" Adrian whines as he sits up.

"Not fair." Ethan mimicked in a whiney voice. I just sighed as both the brothers argued.

"Guys stop it!" I say as I look at the both of them. Ethan huffed and turned his head up to look at me from his position on my lap. He grinned up at me cheekily causing Adrian to scowl.

"Hi baby." He said innocently looking at me with a look of innocence. "What are you doing here?" I ask as I cross my arms. "I just wanted to spend some time with my girlfriend." He pouted.

"Idiot." I heard Adrian mutter as he put his head on my shoulder, glaring at Ethan.

We spent the next few hours watching movies all while Ethan and Adrian bickered.

~~~

(Ethan's Point of View)

Amelia's birthday was tomorrow. I didn't know what to do. I had a few things in mind... But what if she didn't like it?

Jackson contacted me yesterday, telling me how he wanted to buy a car for Amelia's 18th birthday and I agreed. She always wanted to learn how to drive, so why not get her her first car and teach her.

I had been teaching Amelia how to drive, she was a good learner. She knew the basics about a car, it was only hard for her to turn but she was getting there. I was scared to teach Amelia how to drive due to her accident. I was scared memories would trigger and that maybe she would just blackout while driving but nothing like that happened.

Amelia and I also talked about how maybe she would want to get her driver's license soon by giving her licenses test. I contacted a few places wondering if we could do it tomorrow but they were all busy and the earliest I could do it was probably next week.

I want to do something special for her, she deserves it.

Maddison, Chase, Andrew and I have been planning a surprise birthday for her. We thought that maybe we could pretend like we forgot her birthday and in the evening surprise her with a party with some people.

I don't know... I am not good at planning stuff.

"Ethan?" Amelia's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I ask as I look up at her from my position with my head on her lap. "Can you get up? I need to use the washroom." She says. I nod and remove my head as she gets up and walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Adrian looked at me with big curious eyes, making me raise a question eyebrow at him. "Nothing. It's just amazing to see the way your eyes become... all light and soft when you look at her. I mean it's like this cool effect that you see." He says as he tries his best to explain the way my eyes 'soften' when I look at her.

"That happens when you fall in love with the right person buddy." I say as I ruffle his hair and sit up properly.

He looks at me and nods before smiling and shaking his head just as Amelia walks out the bathroom and all of us sit back comfly and continue watching whatever movie we were watching.

~~~

Today was it. Today was Amelia's birthday. I didn't wish her yet, no one did. Part of our plan was to make it seem like we forgot her birthday. All of it was planned, the party, the people, and the gift I got for her, I really hope she will like it.

Amelia I know was a bit hurt when I didn't wish her this morning when we both woke up. She tried to cover it up with her smiles and grins but I knew she was a bit sad that no one wished her, especially me.

I was sitting in the car waiting for Amelia as she was taking her time to get ready, I knew she was doing it on purpose just to piss me off because I didn't wish her. She knew I hated waiting, yet here she was talking to my grandma on the front porch as if we didn't have to reach school in like five minutes. She smiles and hugs my grandma and then just as my grandma walks inside the house she walks down extra slowly down the porch.

I honk my car telling her to be faster but she just shrugs and continues walking at the speed of a sloth. I sigh and rest my head against the steering wheel as my girlfriend, who I know is mad at me walks to the car.

Finally after a few minutes I hear the door open and her sit in the passenger seat. Just as she is buckling up her seat belt I look at her with a raised eyebrow. "What?" She asks innocently. "Did you have to have a 15 minute long conversation with my grandma and the walk like a sloth?" I ask. She just shrugs, making me sigh. "Why are you mad at me?" Even though I know the reason I am going to act as clueless as possible.

"Just shut up and drive." She grumbles as she crosses her arms and looks away from me.

I bite my lip to hold back a smile at seeing her all worked up and drive and make our way out the driveway before driving to school.

(Amelia's Point of View)

I was hurt... I know I am probably making a big deal out of this, but it just hurt knowing that no one remembered my birthday. I mean not even Adrian, who remembered my birthday yesterday, but not today.

Everyone was acting as they do everyday. I thought that maybe they're planning something and pretending to forget, but now I honestly think they forgot. I am not mad... Just hurt.

I wasn't expecting big things like a gift or party or anything just someone wishing me. I sigh and bury my face into my history textbook and groan quietly so that no one hears me. "You alright?" Aiden asks me.

(A/N: If you forgot who Aiden is, he is the guy who sits next to her in History)

"I am fine." I mumble. "Don't seem like it." He chuckles. "Whatever." I grumble and sit properly and look at him. "Geez someone is in a sour mood." He says as he looks at me with a grin. "Tell me about it." I mumble. "Seriously though, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Amelia, Aiden is there something you would like to share with the class?" The teacher says. My head whips in her direction and I shake my head. "Well, then please stop talking in my class, thank you." She says and gets back to teaching.

The rest of the class we sat in silence listening to the teacher ramble as we took notes.

Finally the bell rang and Aiden and I walked side by side towards my locker.

"I hate Mrs. Black." Aiden groans as he refers to our history teacher. "Tell me about it." I sighed. I opened my locker and put my books into it. "You wanna tell me now why you were so pissed during history?" Just as I was about to respond, an arm wrapped around my waist from behind possievely.

Aiden looked behind me and almost gulped because of the person behind me. I turned around and looked at my boyfriend who seemed rather angry as he glared at the poor guy by my locker.

"Who the fuck are you?" He says pulling me closer to him as he continues to glare at Aiden who just shifts nervously on his feet. "Oh hush! Aiden this Ethan. Ethan, this is Aiden from my history class." I introduce both of them. Ethan grunts and nods in acknowledgment before he kisses my cheek and continues his path down my neck.

A blush appears on my cheek as he places small kisses and I clear my throat awkwardly before looking at Aiden who is staring at Ethan and I with wide eyes. "Um I should get going. Your boyfriend seems to be.... In a mood." He mumbles before scurrying off into the hallways.

"Ethan what the hell?" I frown as I turn to look at him. He stops his kisses on my neck and looks at me innocently. "What?" He asks. "You scared him off." I say. "Well I was just telling him to back off." He grumbles.

"Back off?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "What? By the way he was looking at you it was clear he had a thing for you." Ethan mumbles as he puts his chin on my head so I can't his face and just his neck and chest. "He didn't. He knows I have a boyfriend and he was just being friendly." I say as I cross my arms on my chest.

"Way too friendly, if you ask me." He mumbles. "Whatever, let's just go to class." I mumble. We then walk to our next class hand in hand.

~~~

We are finally home from school and I am sitting in my room reading a random romance novel. Just as I am flipping a page my phone rings. I furrow my eyebrows and pick up my phone, looking at the caller idea. It's some unsaved number, I hesitate before picking it up.

"Hello?" I ask as I close my book. "Hi, am I talking to Miss. Amelia Waston?" A woman asks. "Yes, thats me." I say. "Hello Amelia. I am Salena. I am contacting you regarding the property and funds Margaret Waston left you before passing away." She says.

My eyes widened at that. Oh right, my 18th birthday. Grandma mentioned about handing the store over to me and that she made me some funds in the letter. "Oh ok." I mumble. "Were you aware about this?" She asks. "Yes, my grandma mentioned it." I say.

"Alright. I believe today you turned 18, which means now you're of legal age to hand over your possessions too. We will need you to come over to our office and sign a few papers before we hand over the property papers and the account funds to you." She says.

I nod but then I realise she cant see me. "Alright, can you send me the address?" I ask. She tells me the address before hanging up.

I stare at the address and realize that it's a bit far away from here. I guess I take a bus or I could ask Ethan to drive me. No, he probably is busy. I sigh and get off my bed and go to my closet to find clothes more appropriate to wear outside.

Once I find a pair of jeans and a top, I change in my bathroom before going into my room and putting my phone, lig gloss and my wallet into my sling bag and then walk out my room. Just as I am closing my door I feel two arms wrap around me.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asks me huskily. A shiver runs down my spine due to his deep and sexy voice. I feel him press a kiss to behind my ear and I shudder. "I have somewhere to be. I will probably be back in an hour or two." I say, my voice a whisper. "Okay, do you need me to drop you?" He asks, in a whisper. I turn around and face him, only then do I notice he is shirtless.

My eyes travel down his chest and to his abs and I lick my lips at the sight of them before looking up and meeting his eyes only to see him smirking down at me. "No, I am fine. I will probably call a cab or ride the local bus." I say. "You sure?" He asks, his smirk dropping as he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yep. I will be back before you know it." I say. "Okay." He nods but doesn't let me go. "Ethan, you have to let me go." I giggle. He groans and puts his head on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him, he interlocks his fingers behind my back. "Ethan." I giggle but wrap my arms around him away.

We stay like that for a few minutes before he places a soft kiss on the side of my neck and pulls away. "I love you." He whispers. "I love you too." I say and stand on my tip toes and peck him on his lips.

He finally lets go of me and pecks me once more before I walk down the stairs. I open the door and close it behind me. I then open my phone and book a cab.

I wait for 15 minutes until the taxi arrives and then once it stands in front of the driveway I get in and off we go.

It takes us almost half an hour to arrive at our destination which happens to be a tall building. I pay the driver before walking into the building, my sandals clicking against the white marble floor.

I walk to the reception where a lady who seems to be in her mid twenties sits and types on the desktop in front of her. "Hi! How may I help you?" She says once she spots me in front of her table. "Hi... I am looking for Salena... Jensen?" I say as I read off the name off my phone.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asks. "No, she actually happened to call me just an hour ago telling me to meet up with her here." I say. "Okay, may I get your name?" She asks. "Amelia Waston." I say. "Okay, let me just call Mrs. Jensen to see if she can meet you right now." She says and picks up the phone before pressing a few buttons.

"Someone named Amelia Waston is here to see you... Okay... Yes sure." She says into the phone before hanging up. "Mrs. Jensen is free and is waiting for you on the seventh floor, room 073." She says. I nod and thank her before walking towards the elevator.

I walk into the elevator and press the number seven. I wait for it to reach as I tap my foot against the floor. It finally reaches and the door opens with a ding. I walk out the elevator and look around the room which is filled with people in formal clothing and white cubicles. On the side are different rooms and I walk towards the rooms hoping to find room '073'.

I walk past the door '075' and soon find the room I am looking for. I knock on the glass door and after a few seconds I hear a small 'come in'. I open the door and walk in, the door closing behind me. "Hi, you must be Amelia." A lady who seems to be in her mid 30's says. I nod, "And you must be, Salena." I say. She nods with a kind smile and gestures for me to sit down.

I sit down in front of her. :So Amelia as discussed over the phone, your grandma left you her bookstore and a fund, she made for you." She says. I nod and she continues. "I have the papers to the property and funds right here. Your funds is a donation from two people, one your grandma, Mrs. Waston and the second one, Mr. Jackson Henderson who in relation is your dad, I believe because that's what your grandma said." She says as she looks at me.

"Yeah." I mumble. "Your fund is a total of $50, 000. Of which $20, 000 is by your grandma and rest by your father." She says making my eyes widen. Wow... Thats... Thats a lot of money.

She ignores my reaction and opens a folder taking out a few papers. She places them in front of me, "Sign on the bottom corner there." She says pointing at the place I have to sign at.

I sign all the papers and hand them back to the lady who puts in a few papers in her drawer and the rest in a folder before handing them to me. "These are the property papers and the papers of the fund in case you want to deposit it from the bank or something." She says. I thank her before taking the papers and standing up.

"Oh I almost forgot, the spare keys to the property." She says and hands then to me. I take them from her and mumble a small bye, before going down the elevator and out the building.

I stand outside the building and stare at the keys of the store. I haven't been to grandma's store ever since she passed away... Maybe I could go now..?

I book a cab and wait for it to arrive. Once it does I get in and we are off to our way to my grandma's store. We arrive and I look outside the window at the small bookshop. I pay the driver before getting off. I sigh and walk towards the door and use my keys to open the front door with shaky hands.

I open the door and close it behind me keeping the store sign on 'Closed'. I place the folder and keys in my hands on the front desk before walking around.

I walk through the different book aisle and pictures of grandma and I in the store run through my mind. I remember when I was around 12, grandma, grandpa and I had a little dance off in the back once we closed the store. I remember the times when grandma would let me take any book home to read because she knew how much I loved reading. I remember the times when I sat on the bean bag that is placed in the corner of the store reading for hours and hours. I remember helping grandma unpacking the boxes filled with new shipments of books.

I didn't even realize that there were tears down my cheek until one of them dropped down. I wiped them off and closed my eyes trying to get my breathing back to normal. I then walk towards the front desk. I walk behind the desk, towards a brown door that used to be grandma and grandpa's office. I slowly open it and walk in leaving the door open behind me.

The place has a table in between with a desktop and chair. Brown boxes are scattered around the room. I am pretty sure the boxes contain book shipments. On one of the walls there are pictures. Pictures of me, grandma, grandpa and even my mom. The room smells of books and dust. I slowly walk further into the room.

I don't know what I will do to this store, but I will most certainly not sell this. I most probably won't be able to get the store working with school and in a few months college. This store was always my safe haven. It was like my escape place, a place full of books. I don't know how I will be able to keep this store for long. I know that they just won't let a closed store on the street, I need to make this work somehow.

I sit in the back office for god knows how long until my phone rings. "Hello?" I answer once I pick it up. "Lia, where are you? It's been almost 3 hours." I hear Ethan's voice and I hear a bunch of commotion too. "Oh um... I am at grandma's store. It was handed over to me today..." I mumble the last part hoping he gets the message that today is my birthday. "Oh, when do you plan on coming home?" He asks and then I hear something in the back. "God damn it!" I hear Ethan curse. "Is everything alright?" I ask.

"Yep. So.. when do you come back?" He asks. "I am planning on leaving now. Why?" I ask. "Okay, stay there I will come and pick you up- ANDREW!" Ethan yells the last part. "Andrew, what is he doing there?" I ask. "Um, nothing. I will be there in just a few minutes. Love you. Bye! Goddamnit can't you fuckers-" I don't hear anything else after that since he hangs up.

I shake my head before getting up and walking out the office, closing the door behind me. I pick up the files and keys from the front desk. I make my way outside the store and lock it behind me. I stand on the footpath waiting for Ethan to come.

After almost 20 minutes his black Audi shows up and he comes out of the driver's seat. He is wearing his usual black attire, his hair is messed up as if he ran his hands through it multiple times due to frustration and he has a tired look on his face. "Hi." He says with a grin as he jogs over to me. "Hey." I say. Once he reaches me he pecks on my lips, takes the folders from my hand and interlocks our fingers as we walk towards the car.

He opens the door for me and I get in. He then gets into his side and buckles himself, putting the folder on the dashboard.

He interlaces our fingers, placing them on his thigh before starting the car and driving home. Once we arrive Ethan parks in the driveway before the both of us exit the car holding the folder and keys. When I am about to ring the doorbell Ethan stops me telling me he has the keys.

He opens the door and I am met with the sight of darkness. I turn towards Ethan who is grinning for some reason, "Why are the lights-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

~~~~

So what do you think Ethan has planned and gotten Amelia? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...
6.3K 235 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
1.1M 11.3K 15
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
Heal Me By Hafsa

Teen Fiction

16.3K 621 22
“After my 16th birthday I have been repeatedly told that my Mum and Dad were very wicked people. They would beat me and even lock me in a room withou...