Love Bites (Rewrite)

By mcandr1

If there is one thing that always bites it's falling in love. Rebecca Cross is an ordinary high school girl w... More

Chapter 1: The First Drop
Chapter 2: Throbbing Recognition
Chapter 3: So, Vampires Are a Thing
Chapter 4: A Day in the Life of a Vampire
Chapter 5: That Escalated Quickly
Chapter 6: An Agreement
Chapter 7: Natural Curiosity
Chapter 8: Beyond the Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 9: Obey or Else
Chapter 10: Scars
Chapter 11: Blood Bonds
Chapter 12: Strictly Professional
Chapter 13: A Friend Date
Chapter 14: To Be Human
Chapter 15: Sensory Overload
Chapter 16: Awkward
Chapter 17: Blood Merry
Chapter 18: Human Day
Chapter 19: Friendzone
Chapter 20: Baggage
Chapter 21: Hears a Thought
Chapter 23: Negotiations
Chapter 24: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 25: Rest in Peace
Chapter 26: Love Bites

Chapter 22: Honey I'm Home

305 20 0
By mcandr1

The next morning wasn't as awkward as Bex expected it to be. Even with Lyssa in her head, things were normal. Bex made her way to school and Lyssa met her at the front steps. They walked in together.

"Freak o'clock!" Monroe called.

Lyssa rolled her eyes and ignored him.

Bex glanced towards Joan, but Joan seemed to be her usual self. As if Bex hadn't flat out rejected her a few days earlier. Mike was trying to finish his homework, Jaden sighed and stared at Darci's empty seat. She was sitting with Aron.

'Just be normal,' Bex thought to herself.

Lyssa snorted in amusement.

'Can you not make commentary on my thoughts?' Bex glared at her.

'What? I didn't say anything,' Lyssa smirked at her.

Bex rolled her eyes.

Joan eyed the two as they approached the table, it was obvious they were having a silent conversation and that they were closer than ever. She glared at Lyssa.

'Ugh, look at her stupid face,' Lyssa narrowed her eyes.

'Don't you dare start,' Bex shot her a look.

'What? Don't like it, stay out of my head.'

"Ugh!" Bex groaned out loud as she sat at the table.

"Morning," Mike said without looking up.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Bex asked.

"Darci ditched us," Jaden sighed.

"You should just tell her how you feel," Bex pushed.

"No thanks considering that didn't work for you and Joan, I bet it won't work for me either."

'God, why did he have to bring that up,' Bex cringed.

'Seriously, ew, no one wants to think of that,' Lyssa agreed.

Bex once again shot her a look.

'You started it,' Lyssa pointed out.

Bex sighed before turning to Joan.

"Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean you shouldn't try," Joan said to Jaden.

"I don't know," He averted his gaze.

Monroe whistled as what people assumed to be some new student walked into the school.

Lyssa stood up abruptly once she got a look at who it was.

'What's she doing here!?' Bex and Lyssa thought at the same time.

Bex instantly recognized her as the hot blond beauty from the painting. Better known as Lyssa's ex-girlfriend, Lacy. She was even more breathtaking in person. She had big bouncy blond hair, a couple of ringlet curls on either side of her face. Her blue eyes were so ice cold-looking, Bex got a chill when Lacy glanced at her. She wore a white girly dress and heels that made a clacking sound as she walked towards them.

Everyone in the cafeteria turned to watch the blond walk over to them.

Lyssa walked towards her and met her halfway.

The two quickly ensued into a whispered argument.

Bex rubbed her temples as Lyssa's thoughts and emotions screamed at her. Her thoughts ranged from cursing out the girl to admiring her appearance and remembering the happier times that they shared. Her emotions went from confusion to fear, anger to heartache, and then frustration.

Lyssa grabbed the blond by the wrist and dragged her out of the cafeteria.

"Who is that?" Joan asked.

"Her ex." Bex gritted her teeth.

She couldn't deny that she felt jealous. Lacy was beautiful, she embodied the word. She was its very definition. Bex, on the other hand, felt average, maybe even below average when compared to Lacy. Why was she here? What did she want? Did Lyssa still love her? These were just some of the questions that ran through her head.

"Holy moly, she's wow, I mean she's the prettiest person I have ever seen. I bet she could win a beauty contest. I bet she's a hot model or something. I bet-"

Jaden cut Mike off by clearing his throat and then shooting him a look before glancing at Bex.

"Oh uh, I mean, she's not that pretty," Mike laughed nervously.

Lyssa dragged Lacy outside the front door and onto the front steps of the school.

"Why are you here, I told you to leave me alone," Lyssa hissed.

"Oh Val, didn't you miss me at all? I've missed you. Really, I have. I just wanted to see you."

"Spare me the act. Who else came with you? Where's your boyfriend?"

"We broke up."

Lyssa had her arms crossed and was glaring at nothing in particular but at those words, she glanced up at the blond.

"For real this time. Honest. I just really missed you," She said softly and sincerely, a pleading look in her eyes.

Lacy grabbed Lyssa's face between her hands and moved in for a kiss.

"You need to leave," Lyssa pulled away before their lips could touch.

"You were always so cold. I come all this way and you treat me like that?"

"Lacy I am not joking; I don't want anything to do with you or the freakish cult of vampires. I have been doing just fine on my own."

Lacy frowned before putting on a haughty smile and trying again.

"Oh Val, you need us. You need me. You know you do," Lacy stepped in close to her, her pink glossed lips just grazing Lyssa's lips.

"You'll just leave me again. I know you too well," Lyssa jerked away again.

"I'm not going anywhere," Lacy grabbed Lyssa's face and forced her to meet her eyes. "Honey, I'm home." She teased.

"Lyssa?" Bex walked out in search of her.

"So that is what you are calling yourself now? I'll admit it is much better than Beth, thank god you finally got rid of that hideous name."

"Rebecca, go inside," Lyssa ordered.

"But--"

"Now Rebecca."

"So touchy, what is it? Afraid I'll break your new toy?" Lacy skipped over to Bex.

Lyssa was by Bex's side in a flash. She hissed and bared her fangs at Lacy.

"Mmm, that attached already? You always did fall fast and hard for a pretty face," Lacy teased.

"Leave us alone," Lyssa warned not even bothering with her fake accent anymore.

"Or what Val? You and I both know you would never lay a finger on me. Not that you could," Lacy snorted in amusement.

"Val?" Bex looked to Lyssa.

"You don't even know her real name? That's rich."

Lacy traced her perfectly filed nail down Bex's cheek. Being this close to Lacy, Bex couldn't help but feel threatened. Lacy stared at her like she was the daily special on today's menu. As they locked eyes, Lacy smiled cockily at her.

"Don't touch her," Lyssa smacked Lacy's hand away.

"Or what? You know how jealous I can get," Lacy's tone changed and sounded more threatening. Her face echoed her tone. Gone was her sweet teasing demeanor.

"Leave us alone," Lyssa stepped into her face equally as threatening.

The bell rang for classes to start. Bex and the two vampires were the only ones on the school steps.

"I think it's time you stop playing with toys and come back to reality," Lacy said in a low whisper.

Before Lyssa could stop her, she had Bex by the throat and slammed her against the school wall. Bex's legs dangled in the air as she clasped at Lacy's hand, gasping for air.

"Stop it!" Lyssa begged.

"She's just a human Val, who are you really going to pick. Me or her? She'll die in 60 years give or take. They always do."

"Let her go you monster!"

"Ouch, that one stung," Lacy squeezed Bex's throat harder.

Lyssa could feel Bex suffocating. Feel her panic and fear. Her utter helplessness. It brought tears to her eyes. Bex gave Lyssa a pleading look, almost begging her to save her.

"Say goodbye to your precious human," Lacy spat.

"Please, don't do this. I'll come back. I will. Just let her live," Lyssa begged.

Lacy loosened her hold slightly. Bex gasped for air.

"You would do that... for her?" She sounded hurt.

"Yes, please. That's what you want, isn't it? Just let her go."

"You would do that for her, but not for me!?" Lacy threw Bex across the school courtyard.

Then in a flash, she had Lyssa by the collar of her shirt and slammed her to the ground. The cement steps cracked and shattered beneath them.

Bex rolled around in pain, gasping for air. She had landed hard on her back; not to mention all the pain she was getting from Lyssa. Being bonded really sucked in moments like these.

"It's because she looks like your precious Elizabeth isn't it!?" Lacy shouted.

"She's my friend!" Lyssa shouted back.

"She's just a human, they are all the same."

"You're wrong. She's different. I won't let you hurt her. She's mine."

"I used to be yours," Lacy narrowed her eyes.

Before Lyssa could react Lacy threw her in the opposite direction of Bex before she once again picked Bex up off the ground.

"I get awfully jealous, don't take it personally. Or do, I don't really care," She said to Bex.

"Please," Bex begged, tears streaking down her face.

Her hand began to add pressure to Bex's throat. Slowly. Her eyes lit up in delight as she watched Bex struggle in vain. Lyssa got up and ran with her full speed, but Lacy was always faster than her. She grabbed Lyssa with her free hand and forced her to her knees. Making her watch. Lyssa clawed at her hand, but it was no use. Lacy was stronger than her.

Lyssa herself gasped and choked as she could feel everything Bex was feeling.

"Goodbye, pest," Lacy smirked.

Before she could deliver the final blow, a stake was wedged dead center of her back and out the front of her chest. She gasped in shock and dropped Bex on the floor.

"Not all humans are the same. Some fight back," Joan shoved the stake deeper into her.

"No!" Lyssa cried out.

Joan ripped the stake out and kicked Lacy in the back of the knee causing the blond to go tumbling to the floor.

"Get back or I'll put one in you too," Joan warned Lyssa.

"Don't kill her," Lyssa begged.

"She deserves it," Joan pulled out a silver knife from her backpack.

Bex coughed and struggled to her knees, still trying to get her breath.

Lacy tried to get up but Joan stomped her back down to the ground. Joan kneeled down next to her and grabbed her blond hair, lifting her head off the ground.

"Any last words?"

"Go to hell," Lacy spat.

"You first," Joan put the knife to her throat.

Lyssa tackled Joan to the ground and the two wrestled for the silver knife. Lyssa grabbed it with her hand, and it stung her. She cried out. Joan kicked her off and crawled over to the stake. Lyssa was faster and pinned Joan to the ground; her eyes were red with fury.

"Stop it!" Bex begged.

"You deserve it more than she does," Lyssa spat at Joan.

Lyssa was quickly consumed by blind rage. Her head rang in pain, all she wanted to do was lash out at people. To hurt them, just like they had hurt her.

Bex ran for the stake and grabbed it off the floor while Lyssa forced Joan up and prepared to break her neck. Bex ran up behind Lyssa and lifted the bloody stake above her head. Lyssa stopped what she was doing.

"Don't make me do this," Bex warned.

"You would betray me, Rebecca?" Lyssa's voice wobbled as she dropped Joan to the ground.

"I don't want to, but I will if you make me."

"It always ends the same," Lyssa whispered more to herself than to Bex.

She and Bex held eyes as Bex struggled to decide what to do. Then with a sob, Bex dropped the stake and fell to her knees. Lyssa's eyes turned back to normal and she moved to Bex's side.

"Don't ever put me in that situation again," Bex cried.

"Forgive me, Rebecca," Lyssa wiped her tears.

Bex engulfed Lyssa into a hug and cried into her. Lyssa wrapped her arms tightly around Bex and buried her head into her shoulder.

"Don't leave me," Lyssa whimpered.

"I'm not going anywhere," Bex held Lyssa tighter.

Joan got up and dusted herself off before looking at Lacy. To her horror, the blond vampire was gone.

"Damn it," Joan cursed out loud.

"Uh... what just happened?" Mike and Jaden looked at the trio in utter confusion as they had watched the whole thing

Joan looked over to them and cursed under her breath.

Lyssa and Bex pulled apart and also let their eyes travel over to the two clueless boys who had looks of terror and confusion on their faces.

Joan sighed and grabbed her stake and knife off the floor. Then she walked over to Lyssa and put the knife to her throat.

"Joan!" Bex quickly came to Lyssa's defense.

"Put her in danger like that again, and I'll kill you myself," Joan warned Lyssa.

"Joan stop," Bex tried.

"Understood," Lyssa locked eyes with Joan.

Joan gave a tight nod before moving the knife and tucking the weapons away in her bag. Then she outstretched her hands and helped the two up. Bex sighed in relief before she engulfed Joan in a hug.

"You saved my life."

"I sort of owe you. We okay now?" She pulled back and looked Bex in the face.

Bex nodded and kissed Joan on the cheek before hugging her again.

She could feel Lyssa's sting of jealously.

Lyssa had to avert her gaze.

"I have to go. She's still around here somewhere. I'll talk to her, make it clear that she's not welcome. I'll make sure she never to comes back," Lyssa said.

"And if she doesn't listen?" Joan turned to look at Lyssa.

"Part of me is afraid to find out what will happen if she does. She's part of a pack of vampires. She could bring them all here to punish me. She's powerful by herself, but with her pack, she's unstoppable. I will do my best to negotiate with her. I'll let you know what happens. Until then, keep Rebecca safe for me. She's safer with you right now."

"Lyssa-"

"My name is real name is Valyssa. Please, Rebecca, listen to me. I can't lose you. Not when I am just barely getting to know you. Please."

"I'll keep her safe," Joan assured her.

"I know you will, but if you don't, I'm coming for you."

"Sounds like a deal," Joan smirked.

"Lyssa, stay safe," Bex said.

"She won't hurt me. At least not badly."

"Just find her and get her away from here. Because if I see her again, I'll finish what I started," Joan warned.

Lyssa nodded and got ready to take off.

"Wait!" Bex said.

Then she ran out of Joan's arms and into Lyssa's. They hugged each other tightly. Bex pulled back and looked into Lyssa's chartreuse eyes.

"You're connected with me now. Our minds are linked. If something happens to you, I'll know, and I'll come," Bex said.

"Of course. I shall do the same. We can hear each other's thoughts now, so I will use it to keep in contact with you. When I am done with her, I will come to you. I promise."

Bex nodded.

"Sometime today would be nice," Joan called.

"Are you sure I can't kill her?" Lyssa pulled back in annoyance.

Bex gave her a look.

"Fine," She pouted.

Bex smiled and Lyssa's insides melted at the sight of it. She gave Bex one last quick hug before she was gone in a flash.

Bex stared after her sadly.

"Come on, right now the safest place for you is right here," Joan pulled her towards the school building.

Bex tore her gaze away from the spot Lyssa had been standing and nodded at Joan. The two grabbed hands and walked into the school building.

"Does she have super speed?" Mike asked.

"And is she British?" Jaden added.

Both Joan and Bex sighed. They had quite a bit of explaining to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 76 28
A vampire's submissive mate gets a taste of freedom and realizes that she no longer wants to submit. - When the vampire Ansa comes back to town, ever...
448K 12.8K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
195 20 12
The world of the supernatural have longed since existed alongside the world human, with the humans being ignorance of their existence. Arden is a you...
100K 4.4K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...