She's Back -Mari Quin-

By mysleepgobrrrr

Marinette Dupain-Cheng formally known as Mari Quinn is returning to Gotham city with her classmates because... More

A Chapter Ends, A Chapter Begins
01
02
03
04
06
07
08

05

2.9K 76 5
By mysleepgobrrrr

Dick has been avoiding a pair of - probably - teens during his patrols  for a few days now. They had funky costumes and that was all he needed to find out who they were. He'd searched up 'cat man and ladybug woman paris' on his computer at home and found out they were some sort of heros, he didn't care to look into much after. Something tells him he should have.

He hoped that they would stop after a few days but they were rentless, always on his tail, and he was staring to get annoyed. Yes they were easy to dodge and escape from, but they still bothered him. Though he had to admit they weren't half bad, skillful but not enough to catch him, or so he thought until he was on his knees staring up at them with his arms secured  tightly behind his back, feeling like an utter fool.

He had underestimated them and payed the price, not to mention that he fell for the oldest trick in the book too. 

He let out a tired sigh. Damian would never let him live this down.

"So Nightwing, care to tell us why you're here?" said hero perked up at the voice, laced with was an unmistakable New Jersey accent, heck it sounded closer to a Gotham accent. 

He looked at the owner of the voice and almost got whiplash, same blonde hair and blue eyes, and now that he thought about it her voice sounded similar too, it was almost as if she was- but she looked way too young- "Harley?" The name left his mouth before he could stop himself.

At the mention of the woman's name, the blonde hero froze, an icey cold glare made it's way to her face "Fucking hell" for a second he saw a pained look in her eyes.  The other two heros he chose to ignore till now looked stunned, with wide eyes and an expression of concern on each of them.

"Ma- Ladybug are you alright?" The fox looking hero he hadn't seen before today asked, "It's alright Rena" the tone of her calm and even voice didn't match the storm in her eyes. Then those eyes landed on him "I am not Harley" she emphasized each word with so much coldness and boiling anger that it made him both shiver and melt in fear.

The cat hero placed a grounding hand on her shoulder, "Calm down Bug, he didn't mean it" the blonde- Bug he presumed dropped her shoulders ever so slightly. She took in a sharp breath, and looked away from Dick. 

The cat hero moved to be in front of Bug who then moved to stand next the fox girl- Rena his mind supplied "I'll take over" the cat hero glances at Bug who gives him a nod as a sign to continue. 

"I'm thinking an explanation will do you well, seeing as you look more or less confused" Dick nodded and so the hero began explaining. From who they were to the years of flighting against Hawkmoth. Dick noticed when Chat Noir would take deep breaths before saying certain things, particularly towards the end when he spoke about Hawkmoth's defeat. 

"That should be enough" Ladybug spoke, Chat shot her a grateful  look and let her stand Infront of Nightwing "So now that that's done, back to my original question, what are you doing here?" Dick takes a moment to consider,  does he tell her the cover story, or does he tell her the real reason? His family wasn't in Paris for kicks and giggles, they were here because of a report from the U.N.H about a villian in Paris that was working with Gotham villians. 

Apparently that villian was selling some kind of drug that enhanced the villians strength and speed making them hard to catch. The whole situation was resulting in lots of injuries and incidents to the heros. He was grateful that they weren't any deaths yet.

The U.N.H figured out that the villian was still attending school, they even figured out which school it was they just didn't know who it was. The whole going to the Wayne Enterprises for a 'school trip' was a ploy so they could get the villian close, and eventually catch them.

Weirdly enough nothing was happening in Paris, not a single attack, maybe the villian didn't want to attack on their home turf? Whatever it was, it was strange.

He glanced at the trio Infront of him, they were heros, Paris' heros, he supposed they had the right to know and they could maybe aid him and his family in their search.

"Say, have you heard about a villian that's selling some strength and speed enhancing drug?" Ladybug shot up an eyebrow "Elaborate" So with a nod he continued. The more he spoke the more her expression fell, settling into a frown. Nightwing made sure that it seemed that he and the Wayne's were  separate people. He couldn't risk his identity.

"Now that I know who you guys are I think you could be of help" he heard a chuckle leave Ladybug, he furrowed his eyebrows "What's so funny" he asked. 

"You have the nerve to show up here and ask for help but when we were in crisis and Paris was suffering so much, we reached out but were given no response! Nothing! We were left for dead!" Ladybug yelled, and angry tears welled up in her eyes, never dropping "Why should we help when you didn't?" Chat said, his voice quieter but just as angry.

Dick sighed frustrated "I didn't know jackshit about what was happening in Paris until today! No one did!" Ladybug rolled her eyes "Yeah right, whatever, seeing as you're not going to be a problem to us we'll let you go" she released him from her yo-yo and swung off, the other two leaving immediately after her. 

Dick on the other hand took a moment to collect himself, he didn't realize an hour passing, he just thought about the encounter. He didn't talk to anyone when he returned home, he just opted to flop on his bed. Fuck this he'll deal with it tomorrow.

____

To say Marinette was pissed was an understatement, first she was mistaken for her mother, then it was finding out there was a villian [who she was certain was Lila] at her school, and lastly the audacity to ask for help when they ignored their pleas in their most desperate times. Had they helped them against the pathetic excuse for a man that was Hawkmoth so many incidents could've been avoided. 

So call it being petty but Marinette wasn't going to help them, they could deal with it themselves. When she reached home she was surprised to see her parents were still up. They were talking fast and rushed, they sounded almost scared "What's going on?" The two stopped immediately.

"Marinette take a seat" Sabine told her, knowing better than to disobey her, she sat down. "Remember how we told you abou the U.N.H?" Marinette nodded "Yeah, what about it?"  Sabine took a deep breath "We were contacted to come back ASAP to which we agreed to since you're going as well, the issue is we're leaving today instead of two weeks from now" Marinette furrowed her eyebrows.

"What why?" 

"Five of our best members were found either dead or injured within an inch of their lives" 

Marinette stood up at that "And you want to go and risk yours?!" Tom gave her a stern glare "Out of all of us you should know the best that a hero would do anything to save someone" Marinette ignored his words "I can't let you guys just leave like that!" 

"We've made our descion we're leaving at seven,  we left you money in the kitchen, call us if you need anything, now go get some sleep, you still have school tomorrow" her mother told her, leaving her with no time to reply as she left to her shared room. 

Marinette on the other hand scoffed and headed upstairs to her balcony, Tikki flew out and nuzzled her cheek in an attempt to comfort her. "I just don't want them to get hurt" she said, a few tears dripping down her face. Tikki let her holder cry, eventually the girl passed out.

A weak red glow surrounded Tikki, she took the from of a human and gently picked up Marinette. Walking to the bed, she set the girl down and covered her with a blanket. The glow surrounded her once again and she flopped onto the pillow next to Marinette.

Marinette woke up the next day at six, she did her usual routine, somewhat stalling as she did. She really didn't  want to face her parents, but she also couldn't let them leave with a proper goodbye. This also ment that if her parents were involved she had no choice but to help Nightwing even if she didn't want to.

She made her way downstairs with a heavy heart, she saw her parents drinking coffee as if it was any other day, as if when she came back home tonight they'd still be there. She didn't say anything as she approached them.

Still she couldn't help it, she rushed to them and gave them a hug, she couldn't stop the tears that poured from her eyes either. The two returned her hug, holding their daughter close "..promise you'll be careful" Marinette managed to utter out. 

"We promise, so promise us you'll stay strong" Tom said, his heart breaking at seeing his daughter in tears. She gave a nod "I promise".

After some time huddled together, they separated. Marinette ate her breakfast with them, she decided not to tell them about what happened yesterday, they'd probably be informed when they reach Gotham anyway. Marinette spent every last minute with them but then the clock struck seven and it was time for them to leave. She sent her parents off with a hug.

Not long after them she left for school, she made her way to her classroom, surprised when she saw her teacher since she had arrived relatively early. "Marinette, good to see you, how's your arm?" She gave a small smile "Eh, it's better now" 

"That's good" they chatted for a bit "Since I'm better now I can go ahead and help you out with the trip planning" the man nodded "Sure, just meet me after classes end" Eventually the rest of the class along with her friends showed up.

And then Rose spilt her water on her

___

A/n

I'm thinking of completely moving to ao3 after I finish the book on here, honestly I just think that when I've grown out of Wattpad. I don't open the application except for when I go to post a chapter so yeah that's about it. Hope you liked the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 1.5K 13
This is My first story so I hope you enjoy!!! Plus this will be daminette. Lila manages to get the class under her control only Marinette's true fri...
39.3K 797 15
Marinette is mute. Her class hates her. Her parents disowned her, and her honorary uncle and aunt took her in. Marinette's class has a trip to Gotha...
91.1K 1.6K 14
Neither Damien nor Marinette ever thought that thalia's plan could change their lives so much !!! Was the change good or bad? Lie-la had been true to...
110K 2.4K 20
Marinette and her new gang go on a trip to Gotham for a break from Lila crap. They meet a certain family there, the Waynes. Later, they go back with...