The Royal Scandal (editing)

Od ZafArielZul

Fay Lara just didn’t care. The fact that the totally kissable guy she had just physically abused was actually... Více

Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]
Chapter 13 [Kiss and Tell]
Chapter 14 [Royal Treatment]
Chapter 15 [Play Charade]
Chapter 16 [The Date]
Chapter 17 [Masquerade]
Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]
Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]
Chapter 20 [New Year's Soiree]
Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]
Chapter 22 [Aiden Storme, Alex Stockholm]
Chapter 23 [Prom & Graduation]
Chapter 24 [Senior Year]
Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation II]
Chapter 27 [Please God, No]
Chapter 28 [Baby Steps]
Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]
Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]
Chapter 31 [The Ex]
Chapter 32 [Crazy for You]
Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]
Chapter 34 [To Be, Or Not To Be?]
Chapter 35 [I'm Sorry but I Love You]
Chapter 36 [London Adventure]
Chapter 37 [Broken Hearts]
Chapter 38 [The Goodbye]
Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]

44.7K 785 41
Od ZafArielZul

My roommate is the world biggest jerk26

Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]

With closed eyes, I rolled on my belly while extending my hand and grabbing blindly for the alarm clock that was responsible in waking me up so very early in the morning for no apparent reason at all. It was the first day of summer vacation: I was a high school graduate and last night had been one of the best nights of my seventeen year old life.

The massive graduation blow out that was hosted by Mary Sue was - there were no other words for it - epic. From the number of guests to the music and the food, hell, they could serve stale Cheeto's with bland dip and we would still party like there was no tomorrow. We were high school graduates!

The alarm died away at a press of a button and I snuggled deeper into my pillow.

The climax of the party, in my opinion, was when Aiden showed up with a Dom on his right hand. see, I was no slut but I wasn’t a saint either so one thing lead to another, and we found ourselves ended up in Mary’s bedroom and somehow our conversation took a dangerous turn, with wine spilling and blood heating, we ended up flirting and finally, kissing.

I remembered Aiden's  hot breath on my neck as he was dropping kisses with my fingers knitted in his glorious hair. An empty bottle rolled on the pink carpeted floor as we made out, the dull thump of music from downstairs and our ragged breathing filling in the silence.

I was latching onto his neck, exposed by a couple undid buttons when Aiden suddenly pulled away. As delirious as he was by the consumption of alcohol he was still able to think straight when I was too inebriated to walk a straight line.

I let out a sound of displeasure and Aiden smirked. Then, he called my name.

“Fay…” I smiled, drunken but was still somewhat aware, so I responded to his call.

“Are you sure?” he questioned me, his blue eyes was intense. It was such a shame that the room was half submerged in darkness, I wasn’t able to see him perfectly but I guess I just had to settle my peace with it.

“Sure about what?” I asked him back, cocking my head out of confusion. I saw Aiden bite his lower lips as I did so, and a sober part of me wondered if he liked what he was seeing, me, in a flimsy black dress, my hair in complete disarray tumbling past my shoulder with pouty lips. Because honest to God, I really loved what I was seeing, him, in a simple white shirt and black jeans and hair tousled. Sometime seeing him like this made me forget who he actually was. Because sometime it was hard for me to get my mind around the fact that he was the crown prince and I used to be in love with him.

It was harder to believe that he used to love me too.

I tried to forget those things all year but now it was there again and it was screaming in my face, and try as I might, I was still in love with him now. In truth, I don’t think I had ever gotten over him.

I smiled and cupped my hand on his jugular. “Send me home, I think I’m really drunk.”

Aiden was drunk too so he called Ryui to pick us up. I was ecstatic seeing my old friend again I all but pounced on him when he slipped out of the car.

“Good to see you too Fay.” He hugged me back and later, sent me home. I did not know why exactly but Aiden decided to stay with me. We ended up talking all night long and I really did not remember what had taken place after that.

I rolled sideways, opened my eyes with a start and found myself staring at the back of Aiden’s head, his dark hair disheveled. Panicked, I got up and was relieved to find myself still fully dressed. Carefully I got myself out of the bed and into my bathroom. Facing the mirror I began to unravel what had taken place last night. As far as I can recall, nothing that had happened was uncalled for, we talked and sure, there was a brush at Mary Sue that was a bit impulsive but that was the alcohol’s doing.

We didn’t did ‘it’ again, did we?

Because after us arriving home and talking, I didn’t remember a thing. I didn’t even remember passing out on the bed much less with Aiden next to me.

Shaking my head, I got into the shower and while the water poured, I checked myself of any signs that would indicate if we did ‘it’ again or not. Thankfully, there weren't any marks to suggest anything had happened. Biting my lips, I eventually got out of the bathroom. Aiden was already awake by the time I attempted to tiptoe out of the bathroom. He was shirtless and when I opened the door, greeted me good morning. While I was getting dressed Aiden took to the bathroom. I was sitting at the dining table when he got out of my room.

We had breakfast at a small café in town, apparently Ryui had left Aiden the black sedan and head back to the great House with another palace car. We picked up the morning paper on our way and as we waited for our order to arrive, Aiden began flipping past the pages of the Claymore Herald.

“Anything in there?” I questioned but thankfully Aiden shook his head, passing the paper to me. There wasn’t anything written in the paper about last night’s party but ever since we started hanging out again, the media was relentless, posting picture upon picture of us together. Some of the pictures even cracked me up, considering a few of them were taken last year claiming they were freshly snapped. The palace did release a statement that we were not actually dating but just friends but they didn't seem to be buying it.

We went on ahead eating our breakfast after being delivered by a very pretty waitress who kept on glancing suggestively at Aiden who smiled but paid no attention to her whatsoever after that. I also noticed Aiden to be a bit quiet. Suddenly fear of what had may take place last night crept upon me again, settling under my skin. I wanted to ask but I was too embarrassed.

Who would have sex and forgot about it the day after?

A drunken person may, namely a drunken me but the thought of stringing the words together had me blushing. So I decided to shut my mouth and enjoy my slice of blueberry pie. But after a while the Aiden’s silence was becoming harder to bear.

“What’s wrong?” I ended up asking him when he was just staring at his éclair. Aiden raised his blue eyes to me and jacked his eyebrows before shrugging.

“Something is, tell me.” I insisted but again Aiden said nothing but shrugged his shoulder. He continued to stare at his breakfast until I sighed. His eyes immediately shot up to meet mine again, as if he was expecting me to say something.

Tentatively I asked if something had happened last night. Aiden was looking at me incredulously.

“What do you mean? Don’t you remember?” my lips parted and my eyes grew round. So something did happen last night? I am so murdering myself after breakfast. I swallowed some spit thinking for the worst when I braved myself to ask another question.

“I was so drunk so details escaped me. Did we um, you know… did ‘it’ again?” I was blushing furiously at this point rivaling the color of beetroot. Aiden sputtered and shook his head.

“No!” he claimed. To say that I was relived was an understatement.

“Oh thank god!” My shoulder sagged and Aiden frowned. I gasped and waved my hand madly in the air. “I mean, not that… but you know? No offense, of course.” Aiden kind of smiled.

Aiden decided not to tell me what had happened last night after all, but he assured me that it was not a big deal. He was a bit hung-over but that was all and left after breakfast. I spent the rest day with reading a paperback novel, rolling on my tummy and munching on crackers. I used to love reading so much but being a senior got me sidetracked for a whole semester and now it was summer, I was determined to catch up with my reading.

I was trying to submerge myself in the exciting world of Stephanie Plum, rookie bounty hunter by awesome writer Janet Evanovich but I kept going back to the unfinished conversation I had with Aiden today at breakfast. He was quiet and though sometime Aiden can be pretty silent when he wanted to be but I cannot shake the feeling that he was hiding something from me.

He was definitely hiding something from me. I know him at least that much, to know  when something was up and he was not telling me.

Something. What could it be?

I closed my eyes and took in a long draught of air. I needed to ask him later about it and even if he was not telling me I was not taking no as an answer. Giving up on reading mystery I decided to began reading some good old romance instead. I skipped instead to read the part where my favorite characters declared their love for each other. I love to read aloud and as I read the part of the heroine whispering the sacred three lettered word, I closed my eyes and grinned as I pictured my handsome hero replied the same three words to me.

“I love you Fay. Always.” The vivid caressing voice sounded too real to me. The way he said my name, the low pitch was velvet sending my heart in a flutter. It was heavenly, what girl wouldn’t give to hear that simple declaration, it was a dream, it was exciting, it was romantic, it was…. Aiden?

Alarm bells began chiming and I opened my eyes as I replayed the whisper again and again, not my imagination but it was real. He said those words to me; he said it… last night. Burying my face in my pillow I began screaming. So that was why he was behaving so oddly at breakfast.

To add insult to injury, I also began to recall last night and I had actually whispered those three words back to him, and being the idiot that i am had forgotten about it too. Stupendous! With trembling hand I grabbed my phone and dialed for Aiden. He picked up after a few rings.

“Hello?” I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to God.

“Aiden?” I called his name.

“Yeah?”

“About last night?”

“Uh huh?”

“I remember.”

--

hey there all awesome ppl! thanks for reading, leave me a comment okay?

and btw, i posted a short story recently titled 'From Vienna With Love' 

read it when u can okay? i'll appreciated so very much! 

love, ariel. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

249K 17.6K 120
Prince Enrique needs to find out a bride in 14 days as his father the king gave him an condition that only if he can find out a bride in 14 days he c...
5.6M 231K 60
Hell freeze over when a forever bond was damned upon his head. Relationship and women in general were the last things on his mind. Interaction betwee...
737 80 20
So you think you know the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears? You think you know the story of Beauty and the Beast and how Belle came to love he...
10.7K 458 8
Dear Lords and Ladies of the Land, On the occasion of Prince William Solace's 18th Anniversary Masquerade, all the lovely young ladies of the land...