Forget-Me-Not

By Rhandomgirl

Amnesia is a deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma. I thought so too, bu... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Note
Note 2
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29

23

2 0 0
By Rhandomgirl

Timothy took a deep breath before starting the story. “I first saw you during a match in college. It was…” He pause and gulp like the next words that will leave his mouth weight a ton. “It was my brother’s final match before he leave the university. You were there to support Adrian. Theodore—Teddy, my brother was Adrian’s best friend.”

“Was?” I asked.

“He died two years ago. Car accident,” He said and frown at me. “I’ll get to that part later.”

I tilt my head as a memory suddenly flashed into my mind. “It wasn’t an accident.”

“What?”

“Theodore’s death. It was staged.”

Timothy let go of my hand like it burned him. I frown. Where did that memory come from? It happened so fast like a déjà vu. “What are you talking about?” He asked slowly like the information that I said to him was new to him.

I look at him. Certain emotions flashed in his face. Disbelief and exasperation. I sigh. “I…there was suddenly a flash of memory. I’m not sure how it happened but I got the feeling that it involved your brother’s death.”

“Can you…can you recall what it was?”

“I was sitting with in a car with someone. I was sitting beside the person driving the car and we were heading towards somewhere,” I frown and held my head when I felt a headache starting to form in between my eyebrows. “I can’t remember anything after that.”

He knelt in front of me and place his palms on my knees. “What else do you remember? There must be something? Olivia, what happened next?”

I wanted to answer him but the headache started to spread out. It hurts to even think. My mouth taste metallic and I feel like throwing up. I gasp and held my head when my ears starts to buzz. My vision starts to blur and stars are starting to form.
I grab Timothy’s hands that are on my knees to at least anchor me before the pain consumes me.

-

I was back in my Mom’s hidden cabin again but this time Ivan was with me and pointing a gun at me.

“Ivan, please,” I pleaded. I don’t know why were in this predicament in the first place. I don’t know why he’s here. Nobody knew about this place but Addy. No, don’t think like that, Olivia. Your brother won’t chew you out like that.

“I like it when you beg,” he said.
I felt like throwing up when I remember that night, but I force myself to focus on the situation at hand. “How did you know I was here?”

He laugh. A fake one. His laugh sounded like someone who has smoked a pack of cigarette. Hoarse and shallow. “You really think you can hide from me, little Olly?”

I felt the vile on my throat forcing its way up. “Don’t call me that.”

“Why?” He took a step towards me and I move backwards away from him, maintaining the distance between us but with him in the room made the cabin smaller than it should. I can’t escape. He was blocking the door and he probably has someone guard the back door. “Is he the only one allowed to call you Olly or do you need a reminder of that night, sweet little Olly?”

I back away and I sweep my hands for anything that could defend me from him but I was only able to grab an umbrella. I would have been thankful if it was the cane-type umbrella but it was the pocket-sized one. Despite it, I pull the handle and point it at him.

And with all the coldness that I can muster, I said. “Stay away from me.”
He glance at my choice of weapon before laughing. “Like that would help you in this situation.”

“Stay away!” I yell when he kept on advancing towards me.

My fear skyrocketed when my back touched the wall. I’m trapped.

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk,” He shook his head while patting the gun on his temple. I silently wished that it would go off and blast his brains. “This was fun until you have to run away. Do you know how embarrassing it was to the guest when you ran away from me? I have to fucking deal with them, while you skimpy your way here. I was thinking of sparing your beloved Timothy’s life but you have to pull that fucking stunt!”

No. Not him. I’m doing this to protect him. I tried to think of a way out of here. I have to at least try and warn Timothy. I may have broken up with him but I love him and I’ll do anything to keep him safe.

“So, now, little Olly, what’s it’s going to be?” He sneer when he saw that I was trapped. “You’ll come with me back to the chapel and continue our wedding or the head of your boyfriend in a silver platter? So, what’s it going to be? Think, little Olly.”

I decided to be dumb and act on instinct. “None,” I said before slapping the umbrella at him with all my might, giving me a few seconds of head start. I quickly dash for the back door, taking my chance.

“YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID, OLIVIA CHASE!”

I heard him bellow out behind me but I ignore him. I thank all the holy that the back door wasn’t locked and no one was standing behind it. I screamed when I heard a gunshot. I ignored it and dash towards the forest hoping to lose him.

“YOU FUCKING, INGRATES! SEARCH FOR HER OR I’LL KILL YOU ONE BY ONE!” I heard him yell from afar.

I push myself to run away. My legs are burning with every step I take but I force myself to move. I can’t afford to stop when they are right behind me.
I saw a big tree, three times the size of an ordinary human. I quickly hide behind it. I felt my leg shake from running but I need to rest before I keep on running again. I peek out a little bit and saw three silhouettes. I cover my mouth to silence the gasp that came out.

I slowly move away from the tree, keeping an eye on the silhouettes but I accidently step on a branch and it snapped under my weight. I gasp when I saw them turn towards my direction.

“There she is! Get her!” One of them yelled.

I saw them rush to where I am, despite my sore muscles I force myself to run. I need to run away.

“Don’t kill her! The boss needs her alive!”

Ivan. It was Ivan who ordered them to run after me to kill me. I push my legs to run faster. I need to be away from them. I can’t go back there. I can’t.
I felt tears run down my face but I ignore them and keep on running. With the tears blurring my eyesight, I wasn’t able to notice a tree root that was elevated from the ground. I fell face first. I smell blood. I look at the ground and saw blood dripping. I felt a throbbing on my nose and realized that I broke it.

Seeing the blood made me nauseous. All I wanted to do is curl and cry. I want to wake up from this nightmare.
I heard them closing in. I push myself up and kept on running hoping to lengthen the distance between us. I can’t afford to stop and pity myself.
I don’t know how long I have been running but they are still on my tracks. I can feel them coming closer and closer and I’m too tired to move. My lower extremities are screaming at me to stop running, that they are pushed passed their limit already and another kilometer can kill me.

With how weak my legs are and I didn’t notice a slope right in front of me, I slipped and tumbled down. I bump against something hard, it could be a tree root or rock, and whatever it is that slammed on my side, making me gasp for breath when I reached the bottom of the slope.

I grab my side. It’s not bleeding but it fucking hurts. I look up to see that I rolled quiet far and a big rock, I hit a rock that big and it explains everything, is located on my left side just enough to cover me. I push myself to stand to take cover but my legs won’t move. Instead, I crawled towards the rock. I can feel the leaves and branches scrapping my arms but I paid them no attention. I cover my mouth to silence my panting when I heard footsteps come closer to the slope.

“Where is she?” I heard one of them say.

“She can’t be that far.”

“Boss, is going to kill us if we don’t find her.”

I keep still. I saw a pebble just within my reach, with my last piece of strength I hurled it towards the right. The direction I would be running if I haven’t fell.

“Did you hear that?”

“Let’s go.”

I kept silent for a few more minutes just to make sure that they are gone. I let out a sigh of relief and give thanks to the heavens. Exhaustion and the loss of adrenaline made me tired more than I should. No matter how much I tried to keep my eyes open, exhaustion takes over my body.

-

I woke up with my mouth as dry as the Sahara desert. I open my eyes to a bright room. I glance around to see that I’m in our room. What happened? Where’s Timothy?

I force myself up despite my muscles protesting. I must have pushed myself to its limit. I tried to remember my dream but it came out blank. What was that? I can still my skin crawl despite not remembering what happened.

I decided to shake it off and glance at the clock. I’ve been out the whole night? I drag myself to the bathroom and did my necessities before heading downstairs for breakfast.

I stop short on my way to the kitchen when I saw Timothy and Adrian on the table. They both looked up when I stopped.

“You’re here early,” I said to my brother, grabbing my own glass of orange juice.

He shrug before digging in on his breakfast. “I’ll be around the area for a week for work. Might as well visit you.”

I nod, placing food on the table. I felt my stomach rumble realizing that I haven’t eaten anything for dinner last night. I was on my third serving when Timothy called my attention.

“Does your head still hurt?”

I gulp down my juice before answering him. “No. Not anymore.”

I saw Adrian frown at Timothy and me. “What happened?”

I answer before Timothy had a chance. “I forced myself to remember.”

He sighed. “Why?”

I sigh and push my half eaten breakfast away. “There is just something missing.”

“What do you mean?” Timothy butt in.

Adrian look at Timothy and a flash of realization crossed at him. “You haven’t told him yet, have you?”

I shook my head. “I was supposed to last night but something happened and I never got the chance.”

“What are you talking about, Olivia?” Timothy asked. “Adrian?”

I glance at Adrian and saw him sent a glare as if saying ‘You wanted this. You tell him.’ I gulp and try to gather my thoughts. “I plan on letting everyone know that I’m alive.”

“What?” Timothy outburst. “Why? Why would you do that?”

“I want to claim something that I’ve lost, Timothy,” I explained to him. “And staying here at your home with you, won’t help me at all.”

“Have I…did I do something to make you think like that?”

My heart bleed when a saw pain flashed in his eyes. Timothy has always been sure of himself but right now, as I slowly lay out my plans to him, I watch as he became insecure if himself. I wasn’t able to answer to him and he took it the wrong way.

“Was I controlling? I never or even dared to control you, Olivia. You are always free to do whatever you want. Is this because I’ve been spending so much time in the hospital? What did I do wrong, Olly?”

I stiffen when he said my nickname. I gotten used to him saying my name that my nickname sounded so foreign coming from him.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Timothy,” I softly said to him.

“Then, why?” He said in exasperation. “Why are you leaving me again?”

I stood up and make my way towards him. I saw Adrian leave the room to give us the privacy that we needed. “I’m not leaving you that is why I’m telling you my plans.”

He shook his head and wrap his arms around my waist, hugging me close to him. “No. Don’t go back there.”

I took his face in my palms and make him look at him. “I have to. Staying here won’t help me with my memories. I have to go back to where it all started. Maybe, there I can find the answers that I needed.”

“Did Adrian talk you to this? We can visit a psychiatrist to help you, just…” I heard his voice crack. “Just don’t leave me again please.”

I wipe the tear that was forming in his eyes and press a kiss on his lips. “I’m not leaving you. You’ll be there with me, when I face them again. You’ll be there to support me. I need you to be there, so that I won’t lose myself in the process.”

I run my thumb across his stubble before kissing him again. I want to reassure him that everything would be alright, and I won’t repeat my past mistakes. As I tried my best to reassure and convey my feeling for him, I felt the kiss got deeper and hotter.

I felt his hand slip underneath my shirt and cup my breast. I mentally tap myself for not wearing a bra. I groan when his warm hands explore my chest. I press myself harder against his body. I’m desperately asking for a relief.

“Holy shit! My eyes! My virgin eyes!”

I broke away our intense session and saw Adrian standing by the kitchen entrance with his eyes covered. I laugh and move away from Timothy, but he held me down on his lap. I turn and raise an eyebrow at his actions.

“Let me calm down first,” He grunted.
I laugh and his expression turned sour. “Not funny.”

“Are you guys decent?” Adrian asked, not moving from his position.

“Yeah,” I laugh and lean on Timothy’s shoulder facing my brother. “Can I help you, little bro?”

He sighs and remove his hands away from his eyes. “I’m gonna head out. I’ll assume that you guys have talked it out?”

I look at Timothy and a certain understanding was passed on between the two of us. “We’ll be fine. I’ll see you for dinner.”

He nods before leaving us in the kitchen for the second time that morning. I sigh and press my forehead on Timothy’s shoulder. I felt him place a kiss on my temple. I smiled. Everything’s going to be alright.

-

OH MY GOSH!

TWO UPDATES IN A WEEK! I'M MAKING UP FOR THE LAST MONTH THAT I'VE BEEN AWOL.

ALSO, MOST OF THE MEMORIES ARE ALREADY CONNECTED. WE ARE ALREADY AT THE PEAK!

ENJOY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 7.7K 26
{Highest rank: #151 Romance} I don't remember my husband. A four year coma swallowed my memories and nearly my life. Now every day I wake up in a be...
311 4 4
a story about a boy who is bullied all his life and finds a secret about himself that leads to things never seen before. This is my first story and...
Lullaby By Gelimayne

Mystery / Thriller

539 2 17
Amnesia... It's the worst thief of all, robbing you of your memories, leaving your possessions worthless. Is a clean slate still a clean slate if it'...
158K 4.7K 74
Maya has amnesia and forget a couple years of memories. The last thing Maya remembered is that Andy found out she and Jack hookup in the supply close...