Another Level: CLC SYS

بواسطة heymello

a writer who just can't stop writing about her ex. a famous actress facing controversies. a fresh-out-of-coll... المزيد

Introduction
chapter 2: drinking buddies
chapter 3: the one that got away
chapter 4: when the world turns its back on you
chapter 5: as long as i'm here no one can hurt you
chapter 6: this is me trying
chapter 7: pushing boundaries
chapter 8: never going back
chapter 9: 1 step forward
chapter 10: can't escape the past
chapter 11: so casually cruel
chapter 12: broken hearts
chapter 13: ruined
chapter 14: first love
chapter 15: saying good bye
chapter 16: good day
chapter 17: camp creativity
chapter 18: in control
chapter 19: turning tables
chapter 20: careful what you wish for
chapter 21: ghost of you
chapter 22: family ties
chapter 23: hearts do heal
chapter 24: falling into weekend
chapter 25: superstar
chapter 26: this isn't good bye
epilogue: daylight

chapter 1: bros before hoes

181 18 15
بواسطة heymello

Chapter 1:
bros before hoes

✨✨✨

SEUNGYEON

Being in your 20s is weird. Everyone would be around the same age and living very different lives. Some still don't know what the shit they're doing with their lives while some are having their own families.

In my friend group, there's Jang Yeeun at the age of 24, just falling in love for the first time and then there's Oh Seunghee at the age of 27, still having the biggest battle against herself, probably sitting in her sad and dark room without doing anything. And then there's me, Chang Seungyeon at the age of 26, having a glass of red wine by the window of my 13th floor apartment, staring off into the sunset as I blast Rosario by Epik High on the speakers.

Wait, who am I kidding? I'm a mess too.
But at least, for now, there's good music.

________________

SEUNGHEE

“Who are you kidding? We haven't paid the bill for electricity for last month!” Mom says as I'? trying to get work done. She barges into my room, yelling. “Oh Seunghee! Don't you see our lights flickering?” Like shit, what do I do? Summon my undiscovered telepathic abilities and glare at the lights to stop flickering?

I continue typing on my laptop. “I gave you money to pay that last month.”

“What? You didn't! Would I ask you for the payment if you already gave it? Oh Seunghee, what do you take me for?”

“I have a list.” I try to keep my calm but I can feel my concentration quickly slipping away from the world I'm trying to escape to.

“Eonni! My birthday is in three weeks. Can we throw a party at home, please?” My nineteen year old brother peeks by the door, giving me his puppy eyes.

“We can throw a small party for the family, Minjoon.” I say.

“But I have so many friends to invite over!”

“And we have so many bills to pay.”

“Yah, Seunghee, can't you throw that party for your brother? He's leaving high school! Your recent drama is doing well. Royalties must be coming in.” Mom says like she wasn't just asking me to pay the bills about ten seconds ago.

I finally shut my laptop, staring at my clipboard, at the many things that I still have to do.

It's okay. Count to three.

One

Two

Three

You're fine.

“Please get out. The two of you.” I say calmly.

“But eonni, I need to let my friends know if—”

“I need that money to pay the bill—”

“GET OUT OF MY ROOM! PLEASE! PLEASE!” The words come out in a loud shriek.

I could feel their eyes on me but I didn't turn to look at them. I only move from my chair when I feel them leave. I lock the door, turn off the lights and sit on the floor, tuning off the muffled argument of my brother and my mom outside the door.

I close my eyes, trying to think of nothing.

But goddamn, I'm exhausted.

__________________

YEEUN

“Oppa!” I call out happily. Joon is standing by the sidewalk, hands in his pockets as he waits for me and when he turns his head towards me and smiles, I am done for. “Did you wait long?”

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and leans in to kiss my cheek. “No, it's worth it now that you're here.”

I punch his arm lightly. “So cheesy!”

We both giggle.

I didn't think I would ever fall in love. I've spent the entire middle school, when everybody was just starting to learn about attraction, without getting attracted to anyone. I've spent my entire high school years, when everybody else was crazy about dating people, with crushes that never lasted for more than a month. And I've spent the college years thinking I was done with everything that had to do with romance until I met Joon at my first job ever—which I've now quit by the way.

So, I could say I'm pretty much head over heels because I simply just never had anyone who's ever treated me and pursued me like Joon. He makes me feel special—as Twice says in that song.

“Where are we going?” He asks, “Any particular places you want to visit?”

“Hm, wait, let me search something around the area so you won't have to drive far. You have work early in the morning tomorrow.” I say, fishing my phone out of my bag. It's our first impromptu date.

“My girlfriend is so thoughtful.”

I smile down at the screen, opening Naver. “Of course.”

But my smile fades away as soon as I see the number one trending keyword. CHANG SEUNGYEON. And the one that follows it, BULLY.

“What's wrong?” Joon asks me.

“Oppa, I'm so sorryㅡbut can we take a raincheck for this date?”

“What? Are you okay? What happened?”

I nod. “Something came up. I can't explain right now but I have to go. I promise I'll make it up to you next time.”

There's a crease between his brows. He takes my hand and kisses my forehead. “Okay, call me tonight.”

I smile and cup his cheeks. “I will. Thank you.” I say and then I kiss his lips. I felt him smile through the kiss.

With much difficulty, I pull away from him. “I'll see you next time.” I whisper before running away and getting on the bus to get to Seungyeon's neighborhood.

What do they say again? It's bros before hoes, I guess.

Not that Joon is a hoe, but you get what I mean.

____________________

Author's note:

Eyo, guys! I might be basing the fictional seungyeon controversy based on what's been happening lately with K-stars. 👁️👄👁️

Anyway, Idk if I would be able to update often but this book is written and published out of the blue and I admit I'm not that prepared lol but I'll try my beeeest!

Thank you for reading this and if you come back for more, thank you in advance!

I've always written in the romance genre but I'll try not to focus too much in romance here since I really want a book about girl life and friendships. I'm a little scared that it would be similar to my Maybe Tomorrow series because Seungyeon, Seunghee and Yeeun are there too lol but again, I'll try my best to be diverse. Any similarities aren't done on purpose (lol i sound like im copyrighting myself)

This is such a long note. See you in the upcoming chapters!

—heymello

date of publish: 16 march 2021

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

90.4K 3.3K 38
ベット? 𝚋𝚎𝚝. an eye for an eye and a friend for a girl. hyunjin and y/n were never in good terms, so in hope of faking their friendship, they offered...
24.4K 891 43
A normal yet a not so normal high school love story. I'm surprised I managed to make it reach to the spot where the chapters doesn't make sense at al...
175K 4.7K 39
[COMPLETED] Han Jisung X Stray Kids This is about -- Love | Friendship | Brotherhood | Best Friend | Married Couples | Family | Boyfriend & STAY 😊 I...
488K 15.7K 49
meeting each other, hating each other, becoming friends, and helping each other. you'd think they've been through it all. ik it's another roommates...