𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙇𝙞𝙠...

Від tinajomattel

What happens when Damon and Elena Salvatore leave Mystic Falls for protection of their daughter? And what hap... Більше

Season 3A Cast

Prologue

150 3 0
Від tinajomattel

Prologue

Beacon Hills, California is a long way from home for the Salvatores, and that's exactly how Damon and Elena want it for their daughter Oakley.

Oakley doesn't want to leave. She never has. Her whole life is in Mystic Falls, Virginia. She was born and raised here.

Well that was until her sixteenth birthday, when her parents decided the best birthday present ever was to move all the way across the country.

Now it all makes sense. The way everyone was buttering her up the days before she had to leave.

The last few days before her birthday...

Oakley was sat on her bed, like every morning, looking at her social media when her mom all of a sudden barged into her room.

"Wakey, wakey! Eggs and ba—" Her mother sang cutting herself off, "oh. You're already awake! Good." She placed the foldable table down on her daughter's bed.

"Mom, what is this? My birthdays in three days. Did you forget?" Oakley asked messing with her moms hair.

Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore try to be very open with their daughter, so she knows about how they both used to be vampires. Because vampires are commonly known to be over one hundred years old, Oakley thinks it's funny to poke fun of her moms age, hence the forgetfulness joke.

"No. I did not forget," Elena huffed and lightly smacked her daughters hand away from her hair. "I just wanted to bring my daughter, only one I might add, breakfast in bed."

"Well I'm not going to say 'no' to food, but are you up to something?" Oakley wiggled her eyebrows suspiciously at her mother and picked up some bacon.

"What? Me? Pfft. No," Elena responds hastily. "But I have to head to work right now, so I'll see you later." She began to walk out the door.

"Okay. Love you. Bye." Oakley waves to her mom.

"Love you too. Bye-bye, sweetie," And with that Elena was off to work.

—————

The next day was strange too with a knock on the front door. Oakley got up from the couch and opened the door to her moms two best friends, Caroline Salvatore and Bonnie Saint John.

Caroline got Married to Oakleys late uncle, Stefan, before he passed. They were very much in love, anyone could see that. Her and Elena have been friends for the longest time.

Caroline has the most beautiful fraternal twins who happen to be Oakleys best friends as well. Oakley never met Caroline's mom but she's heard how she was such an amazing sheriff and learned that Lizzie was actually named after her.

Bonnie Saint John. Or as Oakley and her dad like to call her, "Bon Bon." Bonnie's a witch. A Bennet witch to be exact. She's been through a lot. Like a lot, a lot. From losing her Grams, when she was first learning magic, to losing the love of her life, because of the love of Caroline's life, and then losing him too. Long story.

Bonnie and her soulmate never got married, but she took his last name after he died so she would feel closer to him. Anyways, Bonnie basically saves everybody's lives all the time and is a boss-ass-bitch!

"Wow, this is new. Ever since you've been invited in, you'd just open the door and act like you own the place," Oakley teased the blonde.

"Well, I was being nice today. It won't happen again," Caroline puffed her cheeks and huffed before pulling Oakley into a hug.

"I've missed you guys," Oakley mumbles as Bonnie joins the hug as well.

"We've missed you too," Bonnie replied.

"And so have the girls," Caroline finished and they let go of their group hug.

Yes, Oakley still lives in Mystic Falls, obviously. But she doesn't live in the Salvatore boarding house that her dad and deceased uncle used to live in. It was actually turned into a boarding school for supernatural kids. It was a way for them to learn things like control and be around people like them.  All thanks to Alaric Saltzman.

Sadly, Oakley has to go to Mystic Falls High School unlike her supernatural friends because she's not supernatural.

"So what are we doing today?" Oakley asked, eager to get out of the house.

Her birthday was only in a couple of days and summer will be over in about a month. She just wanted to relax and hang out with her friends.

"We were thinking about shopping. Maybe some clothes for the next school year," Bonnie suggested. Both her and Caroline know about the girl leaving with her parents soon and were told to keep it a secret. So, they are going to make the most of it by spending every second with her. Well maybe not every sec — oh you know what I mean.

"Ooh sounds fun. Let me go change first," Oakley smiled and she sprinted up the stairs to change.

"Hey, Care Bear," Oakley talks to Caroline from upstairs knowing she can hear her with her vamp hearing. "Do you think Lizzie and Josie could tag along? I haven't seen them in forever."

"You saw them two days ago!" Caroline yells up the stairs to the girl.

"Well that's two days, too long." Oakley states and walked downstairs towards her favorite aunts.

"Ready?" Bonnie asked handing the girl her shoulder bag Caroline got her for her birthday last year.

"Ready," Oakley confirmed with a nod and a soft smile.

—————

The day before Oakleys birthday was when she really noticed something was weird when her dad was packing a suitcase.

She went to go ask him if he wanted to watch the next episode of The Walking Dead with her because that was their show. She stopped at the door an asked, "Why're you packing?"

"Um, because we're going away," Damon vaguely tells his daughter, back facing her as he continued to pack.

"We? As in me too? You know how much I hate leaving Mystic Falls. It's like I'm leaving a peace of me, even if it's only for a few days," Oakley whines.

"It's not just for a few days," Damon admitted, finally turning around to face his daughter.

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean 'not just for a few day'? Where are we going?"

"We're moving."

Oakleys heart fell to her stomach. It's as if time had stopped. She couldn't believe she was leaving. Mystic Falls is her home. This is where her friends are, where her family is.

"W-wh—" Oakley has no words.

"Today's your moms last day at the hospital and we're leaving tomorrow," Damon states matter-of-factly, turning his attention back to the clothes behind him.

"B-but my birthdays tomorrow!" Now Oakley found words as she starts to become angry. "My sixteenth birthday! Caroline has been planning this since before I was born! With mom helping the past few weeks!

"What about my friends? What about Bon Bon and Ric? Aren't they your best friends? Are you really gonna leave them? Take me away from Lizzie and Josie? From Hope and my friends at school?

"You can't do this to me!" Oakley was now shouting out of anger and sadness, her mascara running down her cheeks. How could her parents do this? How could her parents take her away from everyone? And that's not even the worst part. Telling her the day before her
birthday that she was leaving, on said day, and can't have a party that has been in the works before she was even a thought.

"Listen, I know that you're gonna miss Hope and the twins but this is for your own safety. Please go to your room and pack," Damon spoke calmly to not agitate his already fired-up daughter.

"Fine," Oakley spit as she stomped to her room to pack. What the hell does he mean "for your own safety"? Her moms best friend is a vampire who's siphon daughters are best friends with Oakley herself. It's ironic what he's saying based on all the shit she's heard about what everything was like before. I mean, people from Hell literally came back to life.

"It's bullshit," Oakley repeated in her head over and over again as she packed. It was bullshit. What could be so dangerous that they can't handle? What, is Heaven gonna come crashing down? Is Zeus gonna send lightning bolts everywhere? Is Katherine Pierce somehow still alive because that bitch never seems to die?

—————

Now today was her birthday. A 'Happy Birthday!' banner was hung in the living room with people she calls her family standing there, waiting to say their goodbyes.

She didn't want to go. She loves this place too much. But after a long discussion with her parents and a group face time with Caroline and the girls, she was a little less mad. A little.

She opened her presents and had cake for breakfast, just enjoying these last few hours before she has to leave across the country to some random town, in the middle of nowhere, called Beacon Hills.

It was time for goodbyes and everything was packed in the car. Apparently the house they are going to was already owned by Damon during his time as a vampire, so there's already furniture set up. They still have a truck that will bring the rest of their belongings in about three days, but for now they're pretty much settled.

"You know," Elena starts as the drive to Beacon Hills has been too quiet for her liking, "one time your dad — before we were together — kidnapped me and brought me to Georgia for some 'vampire business'. When we were there, Stefans best friend, Lexi's love of her life, almost killed Damon. It's kind of funny now that I think about it."

"Why'd they almost kill dad?" Oakley asked because hearing about her parents adventurous life always perked her interest.

After a long pause Damon spoke up, "I killed her. It was all a part of my evil master plan and I wish I didn't do it. Lexi was there for Stefan when I wasn't, which at that time was always." Damon explained, feeling guilty at the man he used to be. Scratch that, the vampire he used to be.

"Well I hope they're both happy and living their best afterlives. We all know it's long overdue," Oakley quips and the car began to fill with laughter from her and her parents.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Maybe this is what they needed, to get away from this town full of death.

Maybe Beacon Hills will be a fresh start.

With no repetitions.

Oh, if only they knew.

—————

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

155K 5.5K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.1M 30.2K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
935K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
476K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...