A Girls Survival Guide

By Just4Girlz

Read for amazing girl advice! Not just where people copy-paste advice from the Internet, but actual advice fr... More

Self Confidence?
Questions for @ReadingRunner_X
Friends Forever?
Calories? Tell me about it.
Getting to know @EMSquared2
Being sick sucks huh?
Self-Harm
Friend Zoned
Note from @yalianne13
Tips and tricks to lose weight!
Peer Pressure
Answers to questions asked to RRX
Do you have confidence? Don't worry, none of us do in the beginning.
Growing up/Puberty
#TeenGirlProbs
How to Curl Your Own Hair
Important Note! -share your experience!-
School----> classes
Speaking up!
Tips to losing weight (my weight loss journey)
School---->extracurriculars
Untitled Part 24

Getting rid of acne (fast!)

75 6 1
By Just4Girlz

Table of Contents:

First Topic- Products to Try

Second Topic- Stars!

Third Topic- ▲ Tips!

Fourth Topic- Home Remedies

Acne is faster to get than to get rid of. I speak from experience and I would like to take you on a journey of treatments that will get you a couple steps closer to a clear face. Now if I'm being totally honest I have to say that my face isn't completely clear of acne yet. What can I say, I'm a stress prone person but I'm working on that.

I will first list Products from the store that you can also try to help with your acne. I have not tried everything in this article but collected information from other sources that I thought I should include. If it helps you feel better I'll place a "✰" next to the products/remedies I have tried.

There will be star products that I've found incredibly helpful.

Home remedies are straight from the kitchen, I prefer these because the products in the stores that are labeled 'Acne Cleanser' usual don't end up working for me. I also prefer home remedies because their natural, and feel really healthy on my face. Even though some end up stinking like subway, subway smells good though just not all over your face (well for me).

If you have a product that you think works efficiently feel free to comment it below.

Products to Try:

✰ The African Black Soap (Sulfur Soup)- Is a product I take with me on vacations. It's soap. I use this product at least twice a day, in the morning and before I go to sleep. When I came off of it because I thought it wasn't working my face became worse. When I went back on this soap it instantly started helping my face. My brother uses a Nature's Sulfur soap and it does work just as well as the African Black Soap.

▲ Tip: This soap will only cleanse your face, it doesn't necessarily get rid of acne. It's just there to help prevent bacteria buildup. I warned you, it's not the cure for acne unless your acne is mild.

✰ Benzyl Peroxide- I'd gotten this in a gel form from my doctor and it's not my go-to solution to acne. It helps clearing the skin but it doesn't prevent you from getting it. My brother just started breaking out and it's worse than my breakout I had at his age, it's been helping him a little.

✰ Toothpaste!- Toothpaste worked for me. It tried it and it didn't work as well as Benzyl but it did work. When Benzyl took about 3 days to get rid of pimples it took toothpaste about 5? I believe. But don't let that discourage you about it. It's efficient and neither of the products works complete magic. I almost forgot use a non-gel based toothpaste.

✰ Tea tree oil- Smells good and it does work. I have a product that I bought from Swanson called something related to Tea Tree Oil Acne Cleanse. I believe that's what it's called, and I'll pour some of it onto a cotton ball and just swipe it over my face and chest. This gathered all the dirt and bacteria from my skin. It's working for me.

▲ Tip: I usually use the Cleanse on my chest because the remedies that I've used on my face would be awkward on my chest. Because I have three brothers and walking around with a 'barely there' shirt can scar them mentally. Now that I mention it I might do it to just freak them out.

✰ Witch Hazel- Just as good as the Tea Tree.

✰ Star Remedy:

Turmeric Mask!

This mask has to be the best mask and my most preferred treatment for acne. To make this mask you'll need-

Plain Yogurt

Turmeric

A bowl

Washcloth (Get a washcloth you don't mind getting stained)

▲ Tip: You want to do this mask when you're not going to go out right afterwards. Because your face will have a yellow tint to it after you wash it off. Don't worry your face won't stay yellow, you just give it another wash to get rid of the yellow tint.

Make sure your face is clear from all other products before applying.

Yup! That's all you need. After you have the ingredients plop some yogurt in that bowl and add the turmeric. There are no specific measurements you need to follow because it all depends how much you want. I usually add a spoonful of yogurt (sometimes a dab more) and add a generous amount of turmeric. Mix it until there is no longer any white visible.

▲ Tip: Turmeric literally dyes. It will stain so make sure you're wearing something that you don't mind getting dyed. This goes for the washcloth too because once you touch the turmeric to the clothing it's permanently going to stay yellow. It's a nice yellow.

Apply your mask (it smells like subway by the way) all over your face. I also like to apply some to my neck. Leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off gently and remember that tip I gave to you before. I've heard that it also exfoliates your skin if you wash it off by rubbing it in circles.

This mask is my favorite and works the best for me.

Star Product:

✰ Aloe Vera!!!!!

My skin became extremely inflamed with the moisturizers I was using. I changed the brand to see if that helped but nothing. My mom then suggested using Aloe Vera Gel (you know the brand that is actually healthy for you and not diluted like the Wal-Mart brand. I got mines from Swanson.) My skin looked better after two days of using it instead of my regular moisturizer. The bonus? It acts like moisturizer and get this. It helps fade acne scars! It's just not a blob of Aloe Vera Gel and your scars disappear but it defiantly is my choice for a moisturizer and helping my scars.

✰ Exfoliated Mask Star-

You will need to gather-

Sea Salt

Aloe Vera

Honey

A bowl

This mask does work well for my acne prone skin and it doesn't bother my acne. Combine the three ingredients together; there are not specific measurements needed just some of each one until you feel like the amount it good. Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry or wait until it dries. Then apply the mask with your fingers around the areas you want to exfoliate. Rub in gentle circles for a couple of minutes then wash off. It works like most exfoliating mixtures do.

▲ Tip: Don't get the mixture in your eyes!!! And if your skin is telling you they don't like what your applying listen to it.

▲ Tips:

Don't pop your pimples! Seriously just don't do it, you don't want acne scars.

Try not to touch your face often. Clean hands or not it won't matter if you're constantly touching your face, it'll make you more prone to getting pimples.

Use Parban free shampoo. It worked for me when I got off of the shampoo's that contained it.

Drink enough water, females should drink approximately 9 cups a day. Your skin is an organ too, and staying hydrated is important.

I actually just heard this recently, drink less milk. I carried through for about a week on this tip and I did see a healthy result.

Keep your diet healthy! This tip I have no doubt you've heard before. When you keep your diet balanced you'll gain healthier skin. (Fruits and veggies instead of sugar and junk food)

Go on a sugar diet! No sugar for a month and your skin will be healthier than ever! It works no doubt but it's difficult if you love chocolate like I do. My mother went on a diet for a month without sugar and she was amazed that her wrinkles started disappearing. So it works for both wrinkles and acne.

Don't wash your face more than twice a day. Your face will become dry making it produce more oils, causing more acne.

There will be tips all over the place on this article.

Enough sleep is important too, if you're deprived from sleep you'll become prone to stress which equals acne.

Talking about stress I've found out that it's mainly the cause for my acne. I went on vacation to the beach and everything was lifted off of my shoulders. My acne immediately started disappearing until we came back and went to school. My acne came back and now I'm finding ways to release the stress. Your acne can be a combination of inheritance and stress. Try finding techniques that help make the stress disappear. Mediations, art, walking, yoga are all just some suggestions.

Exercising is also an important factor when it comes to getting clear skin. I like to do at least 15 jumping jacks in the morning; this can boost your metabolism. It's always great to have a routine. Switch it around some because that helps as well. Don't quiet until you reach your goal, I mean it don't! Wash up after you're done exercising to clean out your pores.

Always were sunscreen when outside on a sunny day.

Remedies:

Lemon Juice- I've heard this from all around that it works. I just always forget to buy lemons to try it. Slice open a lemon and gently rub it over the affected area, it's as easy as that. You can also drink water with lemon, or lemon tea.

▲ Tip: Taking the product into your system always increases the chances for clearer skin.

Tomato's- This is just like the lemon, I'm not fond of tomato's and I've never come around to try it but slice the tomato and rub the juice onto the affected area.

▲ Tip: Watermelon juice is said to help gain clear skin, recently I've discovered it's not always the best option. Stick to water.

Banana Peels- Chow down on the banana and add some peanut butter to it if bananas aren't usually the way you go. After you're done eating that delicious snack don't toss the peel into the compost. Save it and rub it gently over an affected area.

Green Tea- You usually drink it but there's another way to use it. Apply the tea (with bag removed and water hot, not so hot you burn your face) onto your face by dabbing it onto the affected area.

▲ Tip: Ice cubes? Yeah it works but don't go near it because they can cause skin damage in the future.

Apple Cider Vinegar- This will kill off all the bacteria that is causing the acne in the first place. It'll balance out the pH level in your skin which will makes it difficult for bacteria to prosper. Don't overdo it because then you can cause a breakout. Just grab some: Pure unfiltered apple cider and water. Wash your face with water and pat it dry, using a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water dip the cotton ball in the mix and apply it directly to the blemish. You'll leave this on for at least 10 minutes or overnight. You can reapply several times a day but wash your face thoroughly each time. Use moisturizer after if your skin is drying.

✰ Cinnamon and Honey Mask- You'll need to get 2 tablespoons of honey, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (I usually just guess but you may want to measure it out) Mix the two together until they are blended together. Then wash your face and apply. Leave this on for 10-15 minutes. Honey is sticky, so be prepared to deal with the mixture.

▲ Tip: Don't do three of these masks a day! Over doing it can cause skin irritation and it will inflame your acne. Try one at least every other day or the day after and maybe you'll find one that works just perfectly for you. You shouldn't wash your face more than twice a day because over washing can cause the oil in your skin to feel like they should produce more and therefore causing more acne. I think I said that already but I'll mention it again.

Egg Whites- This one is for fading acne scars. I'm not a big fan of this idea but I heard it somewhere and if you try it you have to let me know if it works. I'm pretty sure it does. The physics behind this is that the whites are full of proteins and vitamins. They combat well with acne and rebuild skin cells. They'll soak up excess oil. A must is that you have moisturizer afterwards because it will dry out your skin some. Get at least 2 eggs , 3 if you want, and separate the whites from the yolks in a bowl. Whisk the white's until frothy and let it sit for a few minutes. You'll apply it using your fingertips, which is easy but if you don't want to touch the egg you can try something else, cover your face with the mixture or focus on the problem area. 3-4 layers are usually enough but make sure to wait in between layers for it to dry then apply more. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes before rinsing it thoroughly off with warm water. Moisturizer at hand.

✰ Papaya- A papaya contains enzymes that will reduces inflammation and prevent pus from forming. It's in many skin products today but using a raw papaya is just as good. All you need to do is mash up the papaya well until it looks like something that can easily be applied to your face. Rinse your face and after it's dry apply. You'll leave the mask on for around 15-20 minutes than wash off with warm water.

▲ Tip: Using warm water before you apply a face mask will open your pores up. I prefer always to wash my face first with warm water to open my pores and then apply the mask. After I'm finished I rinse it off with warm water and splash my face with cold water to close the pores to make sure no new bacteria seeps in.

My knowledge has been shared! I hope I helped and if you do have some secrets you would like to share as well please tell us. I'll update the acne article every once in awhile when I learn new tips, tricks, and remedies for clearing acne up. Let us know your stories as well. ;)

Have a wonderful day and I hope you get that clear skin you're going for,

Keira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
260K 7.4K 131
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
182K 11.7K 45
عادةً ما تأتي العائِلة أولاً، بضجيجها، وحِسها، وحروبِها الدائِمة رغماً عن أمانِها المُستقر، جيشك المُتصدي، محطة إيصالك، ملجأك الدائِم، ويقينك الوحيد،...