School----> classes

Topic:School--->classes

Hey guys! Long time ,no see! :-) So, today we are going to talk about school classes. The next few weeks I'll be talking about different aspects of school/application. Within the next few weeks we will talk about: standardized test, application process,clubs and sports,and anything else you guys would like to talk about.(comment below if you have a topic you would like to discuss).

Classes. One myth people say is that your freshmen and sophomore classes don't matter. They do. Don't worry if you lazy-ed around you can still recover,but having the right classes to start your high school career would really boost you up. Depending on your school, you might be able to take Honor classes. Taking honor classes are a great way to prep yourself for Advanced Placement and/or International Baccelorate.

Colleges look at your transcript--a record of all the classes and grades you have received. If happened to slack off earlier, just make sure to recover with good classes.

It is important to challenge yourself. Keep in mind not to overload on classes. Take classes that will challenge you,but not drown you in stress and homework. There are classes that you are require to take for graduation that don't have Honors as an option, such as PE or Art. Freshmen and sophomore year, I would mix those classes with Honors classes so that you can ease your way in from middle school where there usually isn't an option for upper level classes.

Junior and senior year is when you should start picking up on your harder classes. Harder classes help for you to get in depth knowledge about subjects your interested, and helps when you decide to take the ACT or SAT. These are the years you should look into AP and IB classes. Some colleges accept AP classes as a college credit, and majority of colleges encourage students to take harder upper level classes like AP or IB.

Remember: colleges would prefer you to get a slightly lower grade in an advanced class than a 100 in a regular class.

If your school doesn't offer advanced classes, that's okay. Try to excel in the classes you are able to get in. There is no need to stress about this right now, just work hard to get good grades.

If you are part of lucky people who know what they want to as a career , start taking classes that will prepare you for that. For example: if you want to be an engineer, take harder math classes; if you want to be a chef, see if your school has a culinary program; if you want to be a doctor, take harder math and science courses. Whatever it is you love doing, why not challenge yourself and see how good you are at it.

TIPS:

-sign up for your classes as soon as posible, some schools have a first come first serve basis on classes.

-talk to older kids you have taken the courses and see how they felt about it.

-if you take AP english or AP history classes, actually read the books given. Some of them you will see on the AP exam at the end of the year.

-if you are haing trouble in class, talk to your teachers. They are there to help you. If, they can't/won't either:

1.) look up your textbook online, i know some publishers do that and include interactive games and quizzes. or

2.) Sign up for a free site like khan Academy that has lessons on math, science, statitistics, etc.

3). if you still need help in class, go to good ole youtube and search the topic by name.

- find a good way to take notes and use it, in harder classes you are going to need to know a lot of information in a short period of time.

A/N- that is all i have for you today, if you have any suggestions, commments, and concerns click that comment button.

QOTC: favourite subject?