My Protector (Lloyd X Reader)

By PhoenixBTS

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using four elemental weapons. But whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note

Chapter 13

3.4K 71 6
By PhoenixBTS

"Focus," Wu says as he pours some tea.

"Remind me again why we allowed them to do this to us?" Y/n asks as she supports herself with one hand while she entwines the other with Lloyd's.

"In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders, you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us." Wu sips his tea again. "Focus."

"Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea," Jay comments.

"Yeah, Sensei, they're just kids," Cole agrees.

"In order for them to succeed, we must all trust one another."

Y/n hears a beeping as she and Lloyd strain their muscles to support all the ninjas weight. A wrecking ball then slams into the wall as everyone falls and lands on the ground.

"What was that?" Cole asks.

They stand up, Lloyd holding out his hand for Y/n as she accepts, and notice a work supervisor and builder wearing hardhats.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!" Dareth screams.

"Tomorrow?" The work supervisor asked the builder. "Let me see that order," He says before he looks at the order slip. "Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry about that. We'll be back in the morning," He says before he and the builder leave.

Dareth groans, picking up one of his fake bent trophies.

"Uh, Dareth, what is this all about?" Cole asks.

"Yeah. This doesn happen overnight," Y/n says.

"Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named Darnagom Enterprises is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone."

"But," Jay whimpers. "We already lost the Bounty. We can’t lose the dojo now!"

"My trophies," Dareth says. "My fake trophies," He sobs.

"Wait a minute," Zane says. "Darnagom?" He asks. "When you rearrange the letters, it spells—"

"O Grandma?" Jay asks.

"Garmadon," Y/n giggles.

"Right," Jay laughs. "That would make more sense."

“My dad is behind this.”

"If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd and Y/n?"

"Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours?" Dareth asks Wu.

"Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you," Wu replies.

"Did someone say 50,000?" Nya asks as she entered the room.

Jay gasps. "You didn’t happen to win the lottery?"

"No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run!"

"Ninjaball Run?"

"It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow," Nya explains.

"I thank you, little lady fighter," Dareth says dramatically. "But you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance."

"But didn’t you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider?" Kai asks. "Maybe we might stand a chance."

"And we can enter with our Dragon. You did say we needed the practice," Lloyd says.

"I think you meant to say that you need practice," Y/n giggles.

"So it is agreed. You will all enter this 'Ninjaball Run' to save the dojo," Wu completes.

"Are you still crying?" Nya asks Dareth.

"Yes," He says. "But these are happy tears."

The next morning, people gathered near the start line of the annual race. Several racers lined up together, including the Ultra Sonic Raider and Ultra Dragon.

“Welcome, everyone, to the 14th annual Ninjaball Run!”

“The Grand prix where it doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you get there first.”

“Well, let’s take a look at the racers.”

“I see the starter’s line. We have a few familiar faces.”

The mail carrier rang the bell on his bicycle before Y/n and Lloyd landed the Ultra Dragon next to him, causing him to fall off his bike.

“Watch it, you big oaf!”

“You look nervous, you two. You okay?” Cole asks.

“N-n-nervous?” Lloyd chuckles.. “Maybe for you guys.”

Nya then got off the Ultra Sonic Raider. “One final thing: I installed a pretty cool upgrade so if you’re ever in a really tight spot, pull that lever because what it does…” Nya says as Brad Tudabone, from Lloyd’s old school, revved up the engine loudly in a changed school bus.

“What?!” Kai asked.

“Pull that lever, because if you pull that lever…”

“Alright, the race is about to start. And officials are saying pit crews must take their places.”

“… only under those circumstances and no other.”

“We’re about to begin!”

“That’s my cue. Gotta go! Good luck!” She says before running off to her seat.

“Huh? Wait, Nya, we couldn’t hear you!”

Two more racers than appear- Soto and his pirates in a van, followed by Cole’s father and the other Royal Blacksmiths in a changed pickup truck.

“Look, it’s my dad. They entered too?”

“Too big, too big. Too slow, too slow,” The Royal Blacksmiths sang. “We had a lead, but let it go.”

Jay’s parents then pull up in their jalopy.

“Oh, no,” Jay said.

“Jay! Jay! Oh. Oh, look, he sees us, Ed.”

“I see him, Edna. You don’t have to embarrass the boy.”

“Oh, is there anyone we don’t have to compete against?” Jay asks.

A portal then appears and Kruncha and Nuckal came out with a skull based vehicle.

“Apparently not,” Y/n says.

“Wait a minute, it appears some skeletons have crashed the party. Is this against the rules?”

“Rules?!” One announcer laughs. “There’s only one rule in Ninjaball Run, and that is cross the finish line first. Let’s take a look at the course. The first gruelling leg starts on the streets of Ninjago City and empties out into the treacherous Sea of Sand. Racers, look out for the dangerous crater way known as Crash Course Canyon, where the slightest mistake can be your last! The next two legs of the race take us into the winding maze known as the Birchwood Forest, and then through the perilous and icy Glacier Barrens. Finally, in the fourth and final leg, racers must beat the desert heat in the Badlands, which then takes us back to the finish line here in the heart of Ninjago City!”

“I don’t know, guys, if we’re going to save the dojo, we’re going to have to beat some pretty stiff competition,” Kai says.

“One final word: let’s have a good clean race! So good luck to everyone.”

“On your mark, get set,” He says as the light turns green. “Ninjaball GO!”

“Come on, boy!” Lloyd says as the dragon takes off. “Whoa!” He says as Y/n wraps her arms around Lloyd’s waist, not wanting to fall.

She looks back to see the ninjas stuck at the starting line.

“What happened?”

“We’ve been sabotaged!”

“Lloyd, I’m going to help my brother.”

“What about me? I can barely fly a dragon,” He says.

“You’ll be fine,” Y/n smiles before she jumps off, grabbing onto a banner to make a softer landing.

She looked up to the sky.

“Whoa! Oh!” Lloyd said as the dragon turned the other way. “Wrong way! Oh! Oh, we’re going the wrong way.”

“He’ll be fine,” Y/n tells herself.

“Ooh, things just got interesting. And it seems some new competitors have entered the race. Meanwhile, the Ninja remain at the starter’s line in dead last!”

“Oh, great! We’re already out of the race!”

“We can’t quit now, not with everything that’s on the line. Help me lift this thing,” Cole says as Y/n helps.

“When did you—?” Kai asks.

“No time for questions, big bro,” Y/n says before they lift the traction.

The Ultra Sonic Raider gets repaired and the crowd cheers.

“You think there’s enough space for her in one of our laps?” Cole asks.

“She’s sitting in my lap,” Kai said as Cole held his arms up in surrender before Y/n sits in her brother’s lap in the Ultra Sonic Raider. “So that’s how this is going to go. Alright, boys, let’s do this!” Kai says before they zoomed off.

On the Black Bounty, Lord Garmadon and some Serpentine were having a small meeting.

“Now that the dojo will be destroyed, we’ll crush them before Lloyd and Y/n ever becomes true Ninja,” Garmadon says.

“We’re here live at the 14th annual Ninjaball Run, where it looks like the Ninja are back in the race and now have a long shot at winning this year’s massive cash prize!” The announcer on the TV says.

“They’re trying to save the dojo? Will they ever quit?!” Garmadon growls. “Set sail for the race at once! We can’t let them win!”

The racers then arrive at Crash Course Canyon. Ed presses a button releasing the wheel balls from earlier. The racers behind them try to avoid the balls as the mail deliverer hits on. Ed then presses another button as traction spikes pop out of the jalopy’s wheels before they enter the canyon. The Postman gets rid of the ball and almost hits the skull vehicle. Soto’s van comes up to Brad’s as the pirates aim a roof mounted cannon at him.

“Huh?”

Brad turns the bus, hitting the can as a pirate falls off.

“Treachery, me lads! Let ‘em have it!” Soto instructs.

The van then crashes into the bus before Brad crashes back and they come up at the entrance of the canyon.

“Uh-oh,” Brad says before ramming the bus into the van, causing the van to crash on the side.

“Ouchy mama! Pirates are out of the race!”

“Why do I let you drive?! Ahh!” Soto yells at No-Eyed Pete before getting out of the car.

“So long, A-do. You’re wrecked and looking blue. Doo-doo, doo-doo. So here’s a song,” The Royal Blacksmiths sing.

“Ahh!” Soto yells.

“And here is a tune…” The Royal Blacksmiths continue singing before entering the canyon.

“Blast ye scurvy knaves! I’ll get you for this!”

The skull vehicle, Fangpyre bus, and two police cars pass the pirates as No-Eyed Pete tries to reach Soto.

“Left!” No-Eyed Pete’s parrot squawked. “No, your other left!” He squawked as the Ultra Sonic Raider passes and turns No-Eyed Pete multiple times before entering the canyon.

“Yeah!” Jay cheers. “We’re no longer in last! Things are looking up.”

A shadow casts over them as the Black Bounty appears on top of the ninja.

“Oh, no, Garmadon!” Kai said, grip on his sister suddenly tightening.

“What?!” Jay asks.

“Lord Garmadon, are you going to use the Mega Weapon?” Spitta asks.

“What’s the point? Look at them: they’re trapped like rats. Set all cannons to fire. Now that they’re in our sights, they have nowhere to run,” Garmadon says.

Garmadon walks up to a nearby cannon where a Fangpyre and Venomari have already started aiming at the Ultra Sonic Raider.

“Ah, we’re sitting ducks! There’s nowhere to run!” Jay freaks out.

“And are those cannons?” One announcer chuckles. “I would not want to be in the Ultra Sonic Raider right now.”

The second announcer cover his eyes. “Oh, I can’t watch. But you, the fans can, in glorious high definition.”

“They can’t get out of the way!” Nya says.

“I can’t bear to look,” Dareth says, covering his eyes.

“Goodbye, Ninja,” Garmadon laughs.

The Ultra Dragon then appears out of nowhere.

“Oh! Ahh! Out of the way!” Lloyd yells as he and the dragon crash into the ship.

The Serpentine and Garmadon get knocked back as the cannon fires. The shot misses the Ultra Sonic Raider, which passes through the explosion unscathed. The Ultra Dragon and Lloyd then fly past the Black Bounty.

“Nice going, Lloyd,” Kai compliments.

Lloyd loses his balance and grabs onto the reins, letting him dangle in front of the Ultra Sonic Raider as Y/n giggles at his clumsiness.

“You saved us!” Cole says.

“I did? I mean, yeah, I did! Hey, what do you say we work together?”

Y/n opens the roof of the Ultra Sonic Raider, and she gets onto the dragon before pulling Lloyd up onto the dragon before they start flying again.

“Yeah, I say let’s show ’em what we Ninja are all about,” Jay says.

“Ninja, go!” The ninjas cheer.

“I think you should handle the flying,” Lloyd says, passing Y/n the reins as she laughs before Lloyd holds onto her waist.

“Let’s go, big boy,” Y/n tells the dragon who roars in agreement.

“They're getting away!” Garmadon says.

“Uh, why don’t you use your Mega Weapon?” Mezmo asks.

“Because I can only use it once before it saps all of my energy. Then who’s going to slap you around to get this ship moving?!” Garmadon rhetorically asks before slapping Mezmo. “Get this ship moving!”

“Okay, you heard the Evil Lord. Full speed ahead!”

“No one shall defeat me, even in competition. I will win this race.”

“Looks like our leaders are just about to enter the second leg of the race into the Birchwood Forest!”

“You, dum-de-dum, you, dum-de-dum, you…” The Royal Blacksmiths sing before their banner sticks onto a branch and the snow falls on them, causing the car to stop. “Too big, too big. Too slow, too slow. We had a lead, but let it go,” They continued.

“Oh, man,” Cole says as they pass by his father and his team.

“We’ll never get through those trees to catch up,” Kai says.

“We’ll find a shortcut,” Lloyd says.

“Up into the air, buddy,” Y/n says before the dragon picks up the altitude.

Their eyes scanned the land in front of them before flying down again.

“Follow us!”

“Wow, Y/n’s getting the hang of it,” Jay says.

“And it looks like we’ve made up the lost time,” Cole adds.

“Working together!” Nuckal says.

“Not if we have anything to say about it,” Kruncha responds.

Nuckal fires the grappling hook at them as it hooks onto the Ultra Dragon’s leg. Kruncha turns the car and the dragon and their riders crashed into the snow. The skeletons laugh before they pass a tree. The chain tugs at them and they crash into the tree.

“Oh, a nasty crash. More racers are out of the race. Hope they’re okay.”

“Yeah. But if they’re not, stay tuned for the slow-motion replay.”

“Lloyd,” Y/n calls out as they sit up in the snow.

Lloyd hums in reply.

“Cold,” She says before snuggling up against him as one of his arms go around her.

“You okay there, boy?” Lloyd asks the dragon.

The dragon snorts before taking a brief rest in the snow pile.

“We got them back in the race.”

“Excuse us. But you’re all friends of the Dragon riders, aren’t ya? Tell us how you feel,” One announcer tells Dareth.

“Oh, I feel terrible. This is all my fault. The only reason he and the Ninja entered this race was to save my dojo. If they don’t win, developers are going to tear it down, leaving all my poor kids without a training center to help enrich their tiny little lives,” Dareth replies.

The crowd awes before cheering. “Dojo! Dojo! Dojo! Dojo!”

“I don’t know if you can feel it up there in the booth, but down here, it appears the crowds have found their favorite racer: the Ninja!”

“Oh, I feel it, alright. But they better buckle their seat belts because up next is the most dangerous part of the race: the Glacier Barrens!”

“Hey, watch it!” An angered villager tells the racing vehicles.

“I can’t shake them!” Skales tells a Serpentine as the police cars race pass him.

“They aren’t interested in catching you,” Acidicus says.

“Those coppers just want to win the race.”

The police cars get nearer to the mail carrier before they crash into an igloo. The mail carrier sighs in relief before crashing into a snowman. The snowman knocks him off his bicycle, and the bicycle keeps moving with the snowman riding it. Kai then looks into the monitor to see all the vehicles behind the Ultra Sonic Raider.

“Finally. Nothing can stop us now,” Kai says.

Back with the Ultra Dragon, Y/n and Lloyd, with help from their powers, had a small fire going.

“This is better,” Y/n says.

Their dragon snorted, smoke coming out of his nostrils in response.

“You ready to go, boy?” Y/n asks as the dragon roared in excitement. “Come on, Lloyd,” Y/n laughs before getting onto the dragon.

Lloyd chuckles. “Coming,” He tells the excited girl before she pulls him onto the dragon.

“Come on, big boy.”

“We got a lot of distance to make up for.”

They continued flying before seeing a sizeable gap.

“That's definitely my dad’s work,” Lloyd says.

“On the bright side, the ninja got past,” Y/n says before they fly forward, back to the city.

“I won. I won! Clearly I passed the finish line first!” Garmadon said as Lloyd dropped gently onto the Black Bounty, the Ultra dragon hovering above the ground.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!” An announcer says as a picture shows that the Ultra Sonic Raider’s headlamp past the finishing line first. “The Ninja! The Ninja have won!”

“Yeah! I knew it would bring us luck!” Jay said as he removed the headlamp.

“No! That’s not fair! That wasn’t even part of the vehicle in the first place! It’s not even street legal! My ship was—”

“Your ship?” Lloyd asks his father. “I believe this belongs to us.”

“No! No! No!” Garmadon yells in anguish as police cars come closer with their sirens.

“Alright, Garmadon, you’re coming with us.”

A Fangpyre bus blocks the police as the door opens to reveal Skales.

“Look who needs who now,” Skales says as Garmadon enters the bus before it drives off.

“Somehow, Sensei, I don’t think that will be the last we’re going to see of him.,” Nya says.

“We did it! We did it! Ooh-hoo! We saved the dojo! Oh, look what I can do. CANNONBALL!” Dareth says before jumping into the trophy full of money.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 175 6
Thousands of years ago, The First Spinjitzu Master created an elemental power, a power that rivaled his own. He gave the element to a human, a decisi...
195K 4.7K 126
(Y/N) Garmadon, daughter of Lord Garmadon, is the elemental master of darkness. As the purple ninja, she fights along Jay, Kai, Zane, and Cole with...
588 7 5
(Pilot Episodes.) Plot: Long before time had a name, the Ninjago world was created by the First Spinjitzu Master by using the Four Golden Weapons of...
9.1K 353 30
This is the first book I EVER wrote, so read at your own risk... Updates every Wednesday and Sunday if I remember! ---------- Seventeen years ago, Ga...