A Promise To The Beloved (Com...

By _aadyawrites

"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and... More

Copyright
Author
Introduction to Characters
1. Life & Death...
2. Time to move on...
3. The Stranger...
4. What does he want?
5. The DNA report...
6. A Proposal...
7. A Threat...
8. Accedence...
9. The Arrangements...
10. Wedding bells...
11. Wedding night...
12. The New Tricks...
13. Sharing a room...
14. Morning kiss...
15. Rights...
16. A Dinner meet...
17. Dilemma...
18. Doubts...
19. His Past...
20. The Small talks...
21. Finally his...
22. The Full Moon...
23. In the mall...
24. A Dinner Night...
25. The Birthday boy...
26. When doubts sets in...
27. A decision made...
28. Trust...
29. Past and Promises...
30. A Nightmare...
31. A text to him...
32. The New Feelings...
33. Her Confession...
34. Angels and Demons...
35. After the storm...
36. Another Storm...
37. The Chaos that follow...
38. What he never says...
39. What he wants...
40. His Fears...
41. Just some morning talks...
42. PTSD...
What we need to know about PTSD..
44. New Memories...
45. Sticky notes...
46. When it all resolves...
Epilogue
A Question & a special note...
A Bonus Chapter?
IT BEGAN WITH A KISS Published!!

43. He's back...

38K 1.9K 197
By _aadyawrites

They both heard a Knock at the door. Turning around they found Ashton holding the door ajar.
"I think you both have discussed more than enough."

Doctor laughed at that comment as he said, " I guess so. Come on in."

As Ashton sat beside Lilly he took her hand in his once again and placed it on his thigh. Just one simple touch from him was making it hard for Lilly to focus on what the doctor was saying.

"I hope you both can come together for the next session as well because couple sessions are always great." the doctor said turning his attention to Ashton. " I will prescribe you some medicines. Take them only when you feel anxious."

"Alright." Ashton nodded with a small smile.

"So let's meet the next time." doctor smiled as both the men shook their hands.

"Thanks." Lilly smiled at the doctor as she walked out of the cabin followed by Ashton.

While on their way back home Lilly noticed how Ashton was still looking worried. He was still holding her hand tightly in his grasp. Since the minute they had left doctor's cabin he hadn't let go of her hand even for a second.

"What is it, Ashton?" she asked completely aware of the fact that there was something going on in his mind.

"What did he say?" Ashton asked nervously. "Did he say that I...am violent or something?"

" I don't remember you raising your hand on me ever. So how can you be violent?" Lilly smiled. "And as for the doctor, he said that your husband is the best in this world."

"Of course, he would say that. I pay him loads of money so he gotta praise me at least a little." he huffed making Lilly laugh. ''but still did he say something?" he questioned again.

"Something like what?"  she prompted.

"Like how difficult I am to deal with or something along the line." he looked at her expecting an answer but still scared to hear it.

"Ashton, if he had said something like that then do you think he would still have his teeth attached to his gums?" She smiled showing him her fist while trying her best to lighten the heavy atmosphere in the car at least a little.

"So everything went good?" he asked hoping against hope.

"Of course, it did. He said Lilly is lucky to find a handsome hunk for herself. He praised you so much that even I wanted to say a few words in your honour but then you interrupted or else I would surely have boasted about your bed skills." she smiled at him mischievously.

Ashton laughed as he interviewined his fingers with hers and shifted a little so he could rest his head on her shoulder. It felt nice to lower the guard once in a while, he acknowledged but then he remembered something and sat bolt upright.

"What happened?" Lilly asked.

''Yesterday, I frightened Sam. Do you think he would be mad at me?" he questioned.

His question caught her by surprise and she wasn't sure how to answer. "Er... I am not sure."

"Stop the car in front of the shop at your right." Ashton instructed the driver.

The driver obeyed and before Lilly could question him Ashton got out of the car leaving behind his Lilly who was still trying to understand what he was up to. When he came back a few minutes later she noticed the small carry bag in his hands.

"What is it?" she asked peeking in the bag.

''It's a gift for Sam. Yesterday I really scared him so I hope you would forgive me after seeing this toy. Do you think he'll forgive and forget?''

" I am sure he will." Lilly affirmed smiling at how nervous the big business tycoon was looking at the moment. She couldn't believe how marvelously innocent he was.
"But wait! Where is my gift?" she questioned.

"Why do you want a gift?"

"You got mad at me too yesterday."

"Still Mrs King, why would you need a gift when you have me." he winked at her and she laughed.

"I would still expect a gift from you."

"Then how about I give you your gift right here right now?"

Lilly looked at him confused as to what his words really meant. He pulled her from her and she collided with his hard chest. Holding her chin he took her lips in a deep kiss.

"Ashton!" Lilly called him in an admonishing voice as her cheeks went red from the embarrassment while her eyes went to and fro from driver to Ashton.

"Don't worry. We can even make out here in the backseat and he won't listen." Ashton smirked. Even if he listens he would ignore, he added silently.

"Ashton stop it!"  she almost screamed from the embarrassment.

"He is using earbuds and is busy listening to his songs and won't notice anything." He smiled mischievously looking at her.

"Ashton-"

"But I don't want anyone else to see your sweet reactions because only I have the right to that. This car doesn't have a privacy shield so I won't do it here. Maybe we can try it out in another car of mine." Lilly looked at him in disbelief as he busied himself in his future make out plans. "We can do it while returning from a party. No wait, you will be tired by then maybe we can do it while on our way to party."

Lilly looked at him in shock. "Ashton are you serious?"

"Yes, of course. You asked me for a gift just now so I need to think of the best one."

"This sounds more like a gift to yourself."

"Really?" he asked raising a brow. ''Don't lie, sweetheart. I know you are equally thrilled about it."

It sounded like a scene from one of the young adult romance she had read back in her teenage years and she had always wondered how making out in the backseat of a car would feel like, she silently acknowledged but she still wasn't going to tell him about it.

"I wonder what other fantasies you have created in your head, Mr King."

"Well, quite a many, my beautiful Mrs king and they all have you in them." He smiled devilishly as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

She laughed. She was happy that now he was back to normal. The teasing Ashton, the one who laughs and smiles. She like him like that.
As the car stopped in front of the villa Lilly and Ashton got out of the car. Before she could enter the house Ashton stopped her by holding her waist and pushed the carry back towards her.

"Give this to Sam and say that Ashton had no intention of scaring him yesterday."

"But why would I do that? It wasn't me who scared him."

"Yes, I know. But I don't know how to deal with kids. I have never been around children much less a toddler who doesn't even speak the normal human language. I would have been completely at loss if you weren't there for Sam and me. So I want you to act as a mediator."

Lilly had wanted to laugh seeing him so nervous about this but she controlled her laughter and donned a serious face. ''You would need to do this on your own, Ashton." She patted on his shoulder as she said, " I am sure Sam will understand you."

"You think so?" he asked looking at her hopefully.

"Yes, of course. He is a very smart kid because he has taken after me." She said   proudly making Ashton chuckle.

" I am still worried."

"Just go to him and tell him that you had no intention of scaring him yesterday and you would never do that again. Also tell him that you are sorry for what happened yesterday."

He gave her a doubtful look as he asked, "Do you think he would understand that? He is just a toddler so what you are saying is quite unbelievable."

''He is an intelligent toddler, Mr King. So he would understand. Trust me." Lilly tried to give him her best confident smile.

"Are you sure?"

"110% sure." she affirmed.

"Look, the language Sam speaks is really different. I do not understand a thing he says while you understand his each and every incomprehensible word. Sometimes, I worry myself thinking that he would say something bad about me and that he doesn't like me. That little one speaks a completely different tone."

Lilly almost laughed at that but looking at the intense situation she tried to keep that emotion in check. He looked so confused and clueless about Sam. He really had no idea about kids, she realised. He was so easily believing her each and every word about the toddler. Now she felt bad about not telling him earlier that Sam is just a child who won't even remember what happened yesterday but now that she had already started that she couldn't go back on her words.
Pushing the carryback towards back at him she said, ''Go and give him this toy and say that you are sorry for yesterday. And then bringing your pinky finger in front of him make a promise that you would never do that again."

"He makes pinky promises?" He asked  frowning.

"Of course, he does." Lilly lied  confidently.

''Pinky promises are old-fashioned." Ashton complaint.

"Whatever. Just go and do your best." she said holding his shoulders as she pushed him into the house.

Grace greeted the couple as they entered the villa.
"Where is Sam?" Ashton asked.

So vote and drop lots of comments. And wait for the next 24 hours for the next update.💕
I'm also hoping to prepare a gift for you all so send me positive vibes so I do not procrastinate. 😅❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 246K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
2.2K 56 26
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...
475K 17.4K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
25.4K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...