The Light to His Darkness

By theboywhosabrat

Ruthless, heartless and a man with no weaknesses. That's what they say. Those steely grey eyes of his hold t... More

A/N
Characters and Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 37

5.8K 163 28
By theboywhosabrat

Words couldn't express how excited I feel right now. I've been waiting for this for so long.

If you're curious, well you must be, lemme tell you what I'm going to do.

I'm going to the funfair, finally. After years of being an adult and doing adult stuff, I got a chance to enjoy my life like a kid again.

The next best thing is that Alessandro and Trevor are following me too. I know all of you are going to be confused as to why Trevor's coming with us.

No, he's not third-wheeling; I was the one who invited him. He has been pretty stressed due to the pile of assignments he's receiving nowadays.

Not only that, he's not taking care of himself lately, and his face looked dull, empty. I asked him if he was okay, but he just said it was just the stress. Being the best friend I am, I decided to invite him to the funfair with Alessandro and me.

Alessandro was more than fine of this; in fact, he said Trevor would make the evening better.

Both men became quite close over time, and I was happy for Trevor. He always wanted an understanding guy friend in his life, and he's got it now.

I also offered Hailey and Amelia to join us, but Amelia had to help Hailey with an assignment, so they can't.

But before having fun at the funfair, we wanted to have a little shopping time first.

"Amy, look, this looks good, isn't it?" Trevor asked, holding out a white crop top with colorful polka dots and a drawstring at the end.

"It's good; we should buy it for the four of us," I told him as I held the crop top on me, to which Trevor nodded with a smile.

He took four of them according to our sizes and kept them in the bucket.

"Where's your man?" Trevor questioned.

I looked around, searching for Alessandro. He said a jacket caught his eye a while ago, so he went to the men's section for it.

"Boo," I heard a deep voice whisper. Startled, I looked behind to see him behind me with the jacket and a few other items in his bucket.

Who knew my billionaire boyfriend had a thing for shopping? Now, I know.

"You guys got enough?" Alessandro asked.

"Nope, you?"

"This store didn't have the clothes that I wanted to add to my closet, but I did manage to pick some."

"Amy, what are you doing? Let's go; this is not enough," Trevor hissed.

We went on for another hour at two different stores, getting a few on each store. Alessandro followed us, giving us some useful suggestions.

"The total would be $200," the cashier told, bringing our total to be almost $600.

Before Alessandro could even reach for his wallet, I've given the cashier my card. He grunted in defeat.

I knew this would cost me a lot of money, but my best friend matters more than how much I have in my bank account.

We then had bubble tea. If you had it for the first time, Mark my words; it'll become a lifelong obsession.

"I've never been to a funfair......oh my god, I'm so excited," Trevor squealed.

"I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy your time there," Alessandro replied as we walked through the main entrance of the mall.

The whole walk to the car, Alessandro was gripping tightly on my waist. He had never done this before during instances like this, but I never questioned it. Maybe he's a little more affectionate than usual.

Trevor was singing some song happily as he entered the car. I brought up a smile on my face, finally satisfied that I've half managed to calm his mind. Other than that, he has a cute smile.

"To the funfair," Trevor said happily.

"To the funfair," Alessandro and I said in unison before driving off.

Since it was nearing dinner time, we stopped by at a Chipotle drive-thru to have some chicken salad.

"Bambina, I need you to eat this finish. The last time I saw you ate, you didn't even eat half of the food I cooked," Alessandro told me after handing out our food.

"No, I didn't have mu-"

"No excuses, you're eating it all now," he told with a slight hint of seriousness in his voice. I obliged upon his request.

"Okay, this just called me single in a million different languages," Trevor butted in.

"You will have your love soon enough. Also, remember the promise I made to you?" Alessandro told.

Trevor went clueless for a second before realizing Alessandro still remembered Trevor demanding him and Jake to be his matchmakers.

"Oh yeah, you better," he replied.

The three of us ate in silence, as the salad was exceptionally delicious today. I know it consists of a regular salad with some chicken, but something made it taste better; perhaps they've added a different dressing? I find myself wanted another one, but I suppressed my temptations.

We went on the road after we finished. I don't know how but somehow, we ended up in an in-depth conversation about crazy conspiracy theories till we reached the funfair.

"Holy smokes! This place is unreal!" Trevor exclaimed, jumping up and down like a child.

He was right; it was indeed amazing. This wasn't like any other funfairs I've been to before. This had a lot of rides and other things. Not to mention, the Ferris wheel was giant that looked like the disc wheel made for professional bikers. It also had LEDs which more so looked like a screen that displayed various images.

We entered the place, the smell of cotton candy lingering around our surroundings. I looked at Trevor, expecting him to notice the smell.

"You noticed it too?!" Trevor asked. Both of us squealed and went to the cotton candy story, which was a couple of yards away.

We heard Alessandro's laugh behind us; he's probably thinking how crazy Trevor and I can be.

We bought two of those for each of us.

"Here," I said, handing out the cotton candy to Alessandro. He took one in each hand and ate the strawberry-flavored one.

"I've never had this since my highschool's fundraiser during senior year," he told us.

"What? Seriously?" Trevor and I asked in pure shock.

"Yes," he blandly replied, but I could see through the sadness he's feeling.

"It's okay, not like we care. Let's enjoy the night." Trevor managed to lift up the slight tension. See, this is why I need him.

As we were walking, I noticed something. There was literally no one in the funfair beside the three of us. I looked around to see any other person but no, no one.

"Why's there no one here?" I blurted out.

"Yeah, why aren't other people here? Are you sure this place is open, Sandro?" Trevor asked.

He looked at both of us, scratching his head. He always does this when he possibly did something wrong.

"Uh-uh-uh-uhh......" he trailed off, looking around to avoid our gazes.

"Alessandro, tell us what's going on, please," I pleaded to him.

"I uh- may or may not uh-uhh rented this place for a few hours," he hesitantly told us.

What? Did he really think he did something wrong? I mean, renting this place is a little extra, but it's nothing.

This man is something else.

"Oh, thank goodness, Sandro. I can freely act like a crackhead without anyone judging me, right Amy?" Trevor mused.

"Totally. Worse than a crackhead, if that's possible," I added.

"How about you, Sandro? Wanna join the crackhead squad," Trevor asked.

"A few hours of it doesn't hurt, I guess," Alessandro replied, giving us a wink before walking off somewhere.

"Wait!" both of us yelled, walking towards him.

The first thing we went is to the bumper car place. I know it's going to be boring considering there's only the three of us here, but regardless we have the place to ourselves.

We were playing it, laughing so hard while hitting each other. I swear Trevor's frail-looking body is just a facade on the outside. He managed to bump into me so hard till I practically went off the other side of the place.

Alessandro, on the other hand, was hit from behind, giving us surprise attacks. The feeling was a little scary since we don't know when we're getting hit, but the adrenaline overpowered the sense. Trevor and I had to keep our eyes open to avoid it.

"Oh my......oh my....oh my......it was......the best time ever," Trevor panted.

"You, Alessandro, are very sneaky," I said.

"What can I say? I'm good at being sneaky," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Now, what's next?" Trevor asked.

"I was planning on a piggyback ride. Like Amy on top of me, you on top of her."

"Excuse me, Mister, I'm not the one who spends a part of his day in the gym. I can't even lift up a laundry bucket of clothes, for Christ's sake."

"It's either you're carrying one of us in each shoulder or not at all," I continued.

"Okay, I might go to the gym a lot doesn't mean I'm The Rock, you guys," Alessandro replied.

"Can we just walk to the ship cruise thing over there?" Trevor asked eagerly.

We agreed and walked there.

We didn't have to pay for each ride as Alessandro had already rented the place as a whole.

We entered the ship thing, and it started swinging back and forth. Being true to his previous words, Trevor stood up and was yelling and waving his hands in the air.

I followed his suit, doing the same. Alessandro was gripping my waist with both hands, hard, protecting me from losing my balance.

We finished on the ride. My head was spinning as I came out. If it weren't for Alessandro holding me, I would've fallen down. Trevor looked unbothered, smiling at his phone.

And after this is when we really started.

There were a few roller coasters there, and we went to all of them, at least five rides in each one. Trevor and I were screaming and doing crazy stuff like two people who just took too much weed. Alessandro was laughing the whole time, taking videos of us.

After that, we went to the spooky house. Let's say Trevor and I was clinging onto Alessandro like koalas the whole time. There weren't even a few seconds for us to compose ourselves as these ghosts and eerie creatures scaring us into oblivion.

Our crackhead virus started to catch onto Alessandro as he began to scare the ghosts back, jumping and acting like a lunatic.

Lastly, we went to the enormous Ferris wheel, the one I was indeed waiting for. The three of us ran to the place. The man who was in charge of the ride let us into a pod. One pod can fit four people, so no problem with that.

The ride started, and as we were going up slowly, different lights illuminated, making intricate patterns. The three of us were in awe of the bird's eye view.

The Ferris wheel stopped as our pod reached the topmost point. It stopped almost abruptly till I thought something happened to it.

"Let's take a selfie, guys," Alessandro said.

He took out his phone, and the three of us repositioned ourselves such that our backs will be facing the rest of the funfair below. The camera was able to catch us, and the beautiful view behind Alessandro was very tall.

Trevor offered to take pictures of Alessandro and me, and it was perfect.

The wheel slowly continued moving till we reached the ground.

"Wow, it was fun," Trevor said.

"Indeed."

"Alessandro Durante." Alessandro was speaking on the phone.

He was talking to someone in Italian, and as the conversation was going, his face changed. From happy and cheerful to something dark and brooding.

The light in those grey orbs of his disintegrated into a dark, sinister glint. His fists were clenched hard. He looked like he was too furious; over what?

Did something happen?

"I'll be there now," he said before ending the call.

"Why Alessandro? Anything wrong?" I asked him.

"Yes. I have to go. Jake will be picking you guys up in a few."

Trevor looked like he wanted to ask something, but he chose not to speak about it for some reason.

"It's nothing," Alessandro said.

"Let's go, guys. I'm really sorry about this. I can't leave you guys alone without me."

"No, it's okay, Alessandro. I get your concern," I told him. 

We walked out of the funfair. Jake's car was at the entrance.

"Both of you, give me your phones." Alessandro had his hand out.

Confused, Trevor and I obliged upon his request. Alessandro took our phones and did something on both of them. They emitted a sound before Alessandro gave our phones back to us.

"I've installed trackers on your phones. But still, I want the both of you to send me a text once you reached home, got it?" he said in more like a commanding tone.

The way he spoke just sent me shivers.

Trevor and I entered Jake's car, watching Alessandro enter his vehicle and driving off almost instantly.

"Jake, could you please tell me what's going on? Why is Alessandro acting strange?" I voiced.

Jake turned his head to look at me, giving me an apologetic look.

"Everything will be explained later on by Alessandro. That's all I can say," he retorted.

Explain? What is there to explain?

As we were on the road, my mind was all over the place. I honestly don't know what's going on right now. One minute we were having the time of our lives and one minute Alessandro was acting strange.

I couldn't also ignore the fact where he had installed trackers on our phones. I mean, a text to him that we've reached home would've sufficed, but why the extra step?

I get it that since I'm in the public eye, the chances of me getting involved in some harmful incidents are high, but I don't think these extraordinary lengths of security are needed.

There must be some other reason, and I'm sure of it. I might not want to look into it now, but I might have to see what's going on if things worsen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, my beautiful babes, I'm so sorry for the late update. I had to go to my road safety course to take my driver's license, so I could not stick to my update schedule. I'll maybe be posting another chapter in the next few days, but I'm still unsure of it, considering my schedule is pretty tight at the moment.

Anyways, I've noticed that The Light to His Darkness had reached 85K reads! Thank you to everyone who had read, voted, and added this book to your reading lists. I really appreciate it.

Until next time,

V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 6K 25
"You have no idea what you do to me." He snarls as his skilled hands keep her arms pinned over her head "Really? Because I'm pretty sure all I do is...
3.3M 88.9K 71
(THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK!!, it may not be what you like and that doesn't matter to me because it was long ago, ANYWAY HOPE YOU ENJOY) ALSO ITS NOT EDI...
3.4M 76.7K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...
11.8M 340K 76
** Currently in the progress of being rewritten :)** - Angel Romano was known for his ruthless ways. They said he was a supposed duplicate of his fat...