Her Protector [Charlie Mornin...

By ShallotStudioz

[NOT COMPLETED] [This is an AU where Charlie is actually younger than in the canon show. She will be in her t... More

Welcome To Earth
New Roomate
A Stormy Night
Baking Up Trouble
An Angel From Down Under (Part 1)
An Angel From Down Under (Part 2)
Welcome To Hell (Part 1)
Welcome To Hell (Part 2)
Welcome To Hell (Part 3)
Memories Captured On Video
Field Trip
Suits and Dresses
Teaser
Rise of Vengeance
The Devil's Job (Part 1)
The Devil's Job (Part 2)
The Devil's Job (Part 3)
The Devil's Job (Part 4)
The Devil's Job (Part 5)
End of The Bargain
Teaser
Dr. Strange and The Ghost Rider (Part 1)
Dr. Strange and The Ghost Rider (Part 2)

Talents Galore

7.7K 184 195
By ShallotStudioz

It's been a week since Charlie arrived on Earth and took part of normal Earth school. She has had... "issues" with fitting in, but [Y/N] does his best to help her.

As of now, the [H/C]-haired teenager is seen in science class along with Charlie. They were partners since [Y/N] was the demoness' guide. The teacher, Prof. Gales, was boring on about rock transformations or something like that. Don't ask [Y/N]. He doesn't know. He stopped paying attention fifteen minutes ago.

Suddenly the bell rang, signaling the end of fourth period an the beginning of lunch.

"Thank God," [Y/N] whispers to himself as he picks up his stuff and walks out with Charlie.

"Remember! Read pages 263 through 270 and do the review questions for homework!" Prof. Gales tells his students as they walk out.

"That was fun," Charlie tells her guide as they make their ways to their lockers.

"Sure," the teen says, the two of them making it to their lockers.

As they do, [Y/N] sees that his locker had been vandalized. The words "MOTOR FREAK" written on it in black and red as some passing students laugh at it.

"Again?" Charlie questions as she watches her friend walk up to his locker. "Why won't they stop?"

"Cuz they're assholes," [Y/N] told the Princess of Hell, opening his locker and taking out a rag and spray bottle.

He sprays his locker and starts to drag the rag across the metal, realizing it'll take some time to clean it.

"You can go ahead and eat lunch, Charlie," he tells the rosy-cheeked girl. "I'll catch up. This'll take some time."

"Okay," Charlie says. "See you later!"

The Hellish princess then walks away, leaving her human friend to clean his locker. She walked to the cafeteria and got her some hot lunch, walking to one of the empty tables and digging into her food. As she eats, however, something hanging on one of the walls catches her attention. She then smiles as she deserts her food, running to the wall and tearing the flyer off of it.

"Perfect!"

~(--)~

[Y/N] is seen nearly finished with cleaning his locker when Charlie suddenly appears to him.

"Hi!" she greets the human, scaring him.

"Ah! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" [Y/N] shouts in shock. "Don't do that! I could've hit you."

"Haha! Sorry! I just had to show you something," Charlie told her friend and pulled out a bright red flyer. "Look!"

[Y/N] looks at the flyer.

THE MIDTOWN HIGH TALENT SHOW

JOIN US FOR A NIGHT OF TALENT!

WINNER GETS $300 IN CASH!

SIGN UP AT THE OFFICE

"... a talent show?" the teen questions as he looks up from the flyer to Charlie.

"Yes! And I have a great idea!" Charlie tells her friend. "If you join and win, everyone will stop bullying you!"

"... that's not gonna fly," [Y/N] tells Charlie, pushing down the flyer and turning to his locker.

He continues to clean off what was left of the paint which made Charlie confused.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm not doing it," [Y/N] states.

"Why?" Charlie asks.

"Because I don't care about what they think," the leather-donned teen states. "Screw them."

"But don't you hate the bullying?" Charlie asks her friend.

"Meh. Won't matter in a few years anyway," [Y/N] says, finishing his cleaning and putting away the rag and spray bottle. "So, again, screw them."

[Y/N] shuts his locker door, Charlie being still confused.

"But... but you can sing!" Charlie tells her friend. "I heard you in the shower!"

This catches [Y/N] off guard. Charlie caught him singing in the shower?!

"No, you didn't," [Y/N] tells his friend.

"Yes, I did!" Charlie said. "You had an amazing voice! Well, from what little I heard."

"Well, you heard wrong," [Y/N] says. "You heard the speakers playing music."

"No speakers," Charlie states. "It was your voice! You si--"

"I. Don't! SING!" [Y/N] shouts at Charlie, shocking her but not at all affecting the passing students.

"I... I'm sorry," Charlie says, looking down. "I-I didn't mean to make you upset."

"... it's... fine. It's fine. I'm fine," [Y/N] says, brushing his hair back with his hand. "Just, please, don't bring this up again. Ever."

"O... okay," Charlie says. "I promise."

"Thank you," [Y/N] says as he takes his pre-made lunch from his locker. "Now, let's go eat lunch."

~(--)~

It was after-school, and Charlie and [Y/N] had returned to their home. [Y/N]'s parents weren't home, and Charlie was kinda used to it by now because [Y/N]'s parents usually are gone, leaving [Y/N] to himself at times. Mainly for months at a time.

Charlie was doing her homework in her room when she suddenly heard some music. It sounded like a guitar. She gets up from her bed and walks out her room, the sound of the guitar growing closer and louder as she makes it to [Y/N]'s room. She quietly opens the door, peeking in to see her human friend sitting on his bed with a guitar in his hands.

He was playing beautifully, all the chords harmonizing together as [Y/N]'s fingers strum them.

[Choose whichever song you want.]

He was swaying back and forth, completely consumed by the music he was playing. He usually looked conflicted with himself, as if every single decision he made decided the fate of the entire universe. But now? He looked at peace, as if nothing existed but him and his guitar.

He soon finished playing, sighing in content as he sets his head back a bit with a smile on his face.

"That was amazing!" Charlie shouts in joy, startling [Y/N] as he nearly drops his guitar.

"Ch-Charlie!? What're you doing here?!" the teen asks as he turns his head to look at Charlie with a red tint to his cheeks.

"I was doing homework, but then I heard you playing the guitar," Charlie says. "You were amazing!"

"... you know, if this guitar wasn't important to me, I would've tossed it behind my bed and said: "What guitar?", but screw it," [Y/N] says. "And what if I was playing? It's not all that impressive."

"Whaaaaat?! Nonsense!" Charlie says. "It was incredible! You should play the guitar in the talent show!"

"I thought I told you to not bring that up again," [Y/N] tells his friend.

"You told me not to bring up you singing, nothing about the talent show," Charlie states.

"... damn. You're right," [Y/N] says. "But either way, I'm not doing it."

"Please? You would do great!" Charlie tells [Y/N].

"No," [Y/N] says, placing his guitar on his bed and standing up. "No one would be interested in some guy playing his guitar without someone singing."

"Well, for one, I would!" Charlie says. "And two, I could sing for you! We could enter as partners!"

Charlie looks at [Y/N] with pleading eyes, a smile on her face as she tries to convince the human to partake in the talent show.

"... I can't believe I'm considering this," [Y/N] tells himself, making Charlie perk up.

"Yes! This'll be so much fun!" Charlie declares. "I can't wait! I'll think of a song for the show! We're so gonna win!"

[Y/N] tries to calm the demoness down, trying to tell her that he was only considering it and not actually going to do it. Unfortunately, she had already left [Y/N]'s room in a gleeful hurry to ready a song for the talent show.

"... well, I just dug myself a grave, huh?"

~(--)~

It's the day of the talent show, and [Y/N] already wants to kill himself. He would much rather be working on his motorcycle than to be surrounded by people he considers idiots.

"[Y/N]? We're up after the act after this one," Charlie tells [Y/N]. "You're ready?"

"Haaaaa.... I'm gonna hate it, but sure," [Y/N] tells Charlie.

"Alright!" Charlie says. "We can do this!"

"I wish I had your optimism," [Y/N] tells the Princess of Hell.

"You'll get there," Charlie tells her human friend.

[Y/N] rolls his eyes with an amused smile, turning to watch the people ready on stage. Soon, however, the time came.

"Thank you for that wonderful performance!" Principle Reyes tells the dance team that was walking off stage. "Now! For our next act! Please welcome Miss Charlotte Magne and [Y/N] [L/N]!"

Few people actually cheered as the human and demon princess walk on stage, a stool and guitar in [Y/N]'s hands and a bored look on his face while Charlie had a look of excitement on hers. The two make it to the middle of the stage, [Y/N] placing his stool down and sitting on it. He readies his guitar to play, turning to Charlie and nodding with a smile. She nods back and looks at the audience.

"Hi! I'm Charlie. And this is my friend, [Y/N]," Charlie tells the people through the microphone. "We'll be doing a song for you. Hope you enjoy."

Charlie takes a breathe as she readies to sing, [Y/N] strumming his guitar as Charlie sings.

[Charlie]

I am a question to the world
Not an answer to be heard
Or a moment that's held in your arms
And what do you think you'd ever say?
I won't listen anyway, you don't know me
And I'll never be what you want me to be

And what do you think you'd understand?
I'm a girl, no, I'm a woman
You can't take me and throw me away
And how can you learn what's never shown?
Yeah, you stand here on your own
They don't know me 'cause I'm not here

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I belong

And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me 'cause I'm not here

And you see the things they never see
All you wanted I could be
Now you know me and I'm not afraid
And I wanna tell you who I am
Can you help me be a woman?
They can't break me as long as I know who I am

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I belong

And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They can't see me but I'm still here
They can't tell me who to be
'Cause I'm not what they see

Yeah, the world is still sleepin'
While I keep on dreaming for me
And their words are just whispers
And lies that I'll never believe

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I belong

And how can they say I never change?
They're the ones that stay the same
I'm the one now 'cause I'm still here
I'm the one 'cause I'm still here
I'm still here, I'm still here, I'm still here

As Charlie sang, [Y/N] lost himself in the song. The way the sounds from his guitar mixed with Charlie's beautiful voice made him forget everything but him and Charlie. The princess' voice was intoxicating, his mind lost and the only thing he could do was listen and play his guitar. But, like all good things, it came to an end. The song was over faster than [Y/N] expected, leaving him hungry for more of Charlie's sweet singing voice.

The audience was quiet at first, the entire auditorium silent for a few moments before everyone erupted in applause. Most of the audience even stood up, giving [Y/N] and Charlie a standing ovation. Charlie was overjoyed at how the people reacted to the song, while [Y/N] was left astounded. People... actually enjoyed it? It left him in awe, but made him feel something strange inside of him.

He looked to Charlie, seeing how happy she looked and the giant smile plastered on her face. At that moment, everything froze for [Y/N]. Time slowed as he fixated himself on the smiling demoness. She may have been a demon, but to [Y/N]... at that moment, she looked like an angel straight from Heaven. And [Y/N] realized what that strange feeling was. Joy. Pure, unaltered joy.

~(--)~

It's been two whole hours, but it felt much longer to [Y/N] and Charlie. To Charlie, it was because she couldn't wait for the results to be revealed. For [Y/N], he just wanted to leave and get this over with. Though the joy he felt earlier still had its remnants in his soul, but it was slowly dwindling.

Soon, the end of the talent show came  and it made [Y/N] very happy that he'll be able to leave soon. Principle Reyes walks up on stage, getting the microphone and talking into it.

"Hello, everyone! I'm very glad you all joined us tonight!" Reyes told the audience. "Now, the time has come. You all did well, but there can only be one winner. Can [Y/N] and Charlie, Mike Tarson, and the Dance Revolutionists please come on stage?"

This shocked [Y/N], making him realize that he and Charlie would at least get third place in the talent show.

"Come on, [Y/N]! Let's go!" Charlie tells the human, taking his hand and dragging him to the stage.

She and him stood in-between the boy called Mike Tarson and the Dance Revolutionists, [Y/N] secretly getting more nervous by the second.

"Now, for our top three!" Reyes says. "In third place: Mike Tarson! And in second place: Dance Revolutionists!"

The crowd cheered for third and second place, leaving [Y/N] and Charlie realizing who won.

"Now! For the winners of this show!" Reyes says, turning to face the demoness and human duo. "[Y/N] [L/N] and Charlie Magne!"

The entire crowd cheered, making Charlie extremely happy she and her friend won.

"We won!" she declared, leaping into [Y/N]'s arms as she hugs the human.

The girl laughs in joy, the action surprising [Y/N] but he accepts it as he hugs Charlie back with a smile on his face. He spins the princess around as the two laugh in happiness.

"Congrats, you two!" Reyes tells the demon and human pair.

[Y/N] ends the spin, setting Charlie back on her feet as they stare at each other.

"You did great, [Y/N]," the Princess of Hell tells her friend. "Not too bad for a human."

"And you did good as well. For a demon," [Y/N] retorts. "In fact, you had the voice of an angel."

"Awww! Stop it! You're making me blush!" Charlie tells the human.

SNAP!

The sound of an activating camera takes [Y/N] and Charlie by surprise. They turn to see one of the members of the journalists club with a camera in her hands, smiling as she aimed the camera at the demoness and human duo.

"Too cute!" the girl stated. "So going in the yearbook!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 461 20
Princess Melione Sirena Morningstar is the older fraternal twin sister of Princess Charlotte "Charlie " Morningstar and Heir to the Throne of Hell. S...
84.1K 2.6K 23
"(Y/N), you are here today in front of the angelic council to discuss your placement in Heaven." Sera's voice booms in the open room as the rest of t...
697K 20.3K 39
⚠️WARNING⚠️: This story was written and published before the first season was fully released! Details and revelations after the pilot episode were no...
29.3K 778 21
What if Charlie has an older twin sister? A sister that instantly got placed in her sister shadow. Meet (y/n), since she is able to walk, she gets fo...