Death Wish | Finn Wolfhard

By nesquickfinnie

y/n and Finn put the pieces of his life back together after the demise of his wife. [ finn wolfhard x fem!rea... More

❝ death wish ❞
──CHARACTERS──
001; love, mills
002; drinks and old friends
003; we meet again
004; love, loss, and legacy
005; major problem
006; Avery
007; the ultimatum
008; the ultimatum pt. 2
009; batter up
010; just like old times
011; out sick
012: my person
013; major role
014; the ghost of you
015; fast wheels
016; irreplaceable
017; minor inconvenience
018; patience
019; out of the woods
020; surprise visit
021; birthday boy
022; you just got served
024; hate to see your heart break
025; I'm bad news
026; make it right
027; the fundraising night
028; who wants to be a godparent
029; sign of the times
030; a hard day's night
031; miles away
032; cruel summer
033; lie on water
034; words are just words
035; obligations
036; (no) offerings
037: play this when I'm gone
038; line without a hook
039; for lifers
040; bestie nuptials
041; something new
042; pity party
043; blast from the past
044; trailer read?
045; from right here
046; meant to be
047; wildest dreams
048; welcome home
049; brighter
050; new beginnings
051; how I met your father
052; yellow
053; better together
054; happiest place
055; end of an era
a/n ❤️
056; wait, what?
057; dream a little dream of me
058; chances
059; biological clock
060; the decision
061; last forever
062; this side of paradise
063; sanctuary
064; world's best...
065; take me home
066; LIFELONG WISH
DW CANONVERSE MEMES
💌

023; lost boy

1.7K 91 48
By nesquickfinnie

。\|/ 。

chapter 23

lost boy

。/|\ 。

"Hi." Y/N hopped in Cylia and Jack's shared bed, squeezing Cylia in between them. "Hey. What's up?" Cylia yawned and sat up, pulling the sheets off her body.

"I want waffle sundays." Y/N randomly blurts, making herself comfortable under the sheets.

"Good evening, Y/N!" Jack groaned from the other side with a twinge of annoyance before hiding under the sheets.

"Hi, Jack. Anyways, yeah. Waffle sundays." Y/N explains. "Care to elaborate?" Cylia raised her brows and turned to face Y/N.

"Like, on sundays, we should have waffles for breakfast. All of us. Just like a family..." She started rambling.

Jack sighed, facing the ceiling. She knew Y/N all too well. She can't just randomly think of something as such.

Y/N tends to talk about the most random stuff when something bothers her, it became a habit that her and Jack could easily pin point.

"...and then we should definitely get those chocolate whipped cream– Y/N, sweetie, what's up?" Cylia cut her off with no hesitation.

"What? I just have a genius idea, that's all." She scoffed. "No, you don't. What's up?" Y/N sighed in surrender, staring into space.

"Work...stuff. It's not good." She lied in a believable tone that even they bought.

"Hm, just sleep it off for now, and come back to work when you feel like it." Cylia fiddled with the lamp switch.

"Okay." Y/N sighed and pulled up the sheets over her body, protecting herself from the cold.

"Alright, Good night babe." Cylia blew her a kiss before turning off the lampshade.

"Good night." Y/N groggily spoke.

"I'm still hereee!" Jack spoke and threw a pillow over his head. "Good night Grazerrrs!" Y/N teased before closing her eyes.

Y/n

The rays of the sun travelled through the cracks on the curtains, shining down directly my eyes. It was annoying to be blinded by them, first thing in the morning, but it wasn't what woke me up. 

As I teetered on the precipice of reality and dream, I jolt awake at the feeling of hunger due to the scent of freshly cooked bacon and eggs coming from outside.

Groaning as I shift my head to the side, I tried to find comfort under the covers, who I remember wasn't even mine. It was then I decide to stretch out and get up, heading downstairs.

It was cold and lonely at my place last night, which uninvitedly lead me to Jack and Cylia's place, and they were polite enough to let me crash. 

It's been a month already since I saw the restraining order, and have been giving Finn space. I've come to terms with it but I can't bring myself to forget. It's impossible to ignore it when you know someone in your life is in trouble.

I quickly checked the clock and rushed downstairs only to be met by the couple.

"Ah! There she is!" Jack points. "Slept good?" He added. "Surprisingly, yes. Y'all's bed is really comfy. Where'd you get it?"

"It's saatva." They answered.

"Hah." I look for a moment before joining everyone on the table. "Are you guys making waffles?" My eyes trailed towards the waffle maker plugged in, being operated by Jack.

"Yup. Since it's all you talked about last night, I started craving for 'em." He answered before topping a whipped cream over a pile of waffles.

"Neat." I whistled, taking my own plate of breakfast.

After breakfast at Jack's, I now drove home to get cleaned up. Pulling over in the underground parking, I head straight up the stairs to the lobby.

"Y/N!" Out of nowhere, Avery hops in front of me, stopping my tracks.

"Oh!" "What are you doing here?" I ask in confusion, seeing no sign of Finn around.

"Is Finn here with you?" I wondered, still looking around.

"No. He's at home." He spoke, leaving me surprised. "Did you come here alone?!"

"Yes."

"Jesus, come here." I quickly took his hand, heading to the elevator. He quietly stood still as I examined if he's fine, staring into his endless reflection on the mirrors surrounding the room until the elevator chimes, indicating our arrival to my floor.

"What takes you here?!" We now walk inside my place and I set the boy down on the couch. "Daddy is sleeping." He spoke.

"Doesn't mean you have to come all the way here!" I threw my hands up.

"He's acting funny." He spoke. "What do you mean?"

"Like when we talked to him on the phone." He added, still leaving me puzzled.

I start to look back, recalling the times when we got on the phone, specifically when he was too tired and yelled at his manager.

A suspicion now arise in my mind, "He's drunk." He virtuously spoke, swinging his legs back and forth. "Oh..."

"I'm really worried, Y/N." He spoke, troubled to perfectly pronounce the word 'worried'. 

"Come on, let's take you home." I take my hand out. "Is he gonna be okay?" "We'll figure it out."

"Finn." Y/N immediately called as soon as she stepped foot inside his home.

A sudden shuttering sound of glass was heard from the kitchen. "Stay here." Y/N demands to the boy.

"Holy shit what happened to you." Y/N spots Finn who was currently wasted on the kitchen counter.

"Ahh! Y/N! You're here!" He slurs, attempting to get up. "Your son came all the way to my place. Alone. He seem real worried about you. Are you alright, man?" She wondered with worry.

Finn had always been a social drinker and is never the one to get wasted, this was very out of character for him.

"What? No, he's up in his room." Finn scoff. "Apparently, not." Y/N spoke through greeted teeth, pointing towards the living room.

"Oh..."

"You look hideous." Y/N blurts.

"I look better than you." Finn protests, and she chuckled.

"You've been drinking." Y/N spoke, remembering the severity of the situation.

"Yeah, and...?" "You do it a lot. Avery said so." She points. "No I don't." Finn took another swig straight out the whiskey bottle.

Y/N furrowed her brows and scanned the kitchen. Empty bottles of alcohol laid everywhere, along with shot glasses scattered around the room.

"Kids don't lie. and your kitchen says enough. Come on, Finn. Get some rest." Y/N took away the bottle from his hand.

"Come on, man!" Finn groaned. "Finn, listen to me. I know about the restraining order. But this isn't how you deal with it. Especially not around Avery. He could've gotten kidnapped earlier." Y/N demanded.

"But he wasn't, don't tell me what to fucking do." Finn spat and got up, headed to the stairs. His words was sharp, which intimidated even Y/N.

"You did not–" "Finn Wolfhard. Seriously?" Y/N scoff, following the man.

"I'm so ti–" Finn stopped his tracks and gripped on the stair railings.

"Just talk to me. Please." Y/N tried her best not to break.

"I'm sorry. I'm so pathetic." Finn cried, almost slumping on the step. "Let's get you down, come on." Y/N guides him walk to the living room.

"Daddy!" Avery hopped off the sofa. "Finn is not feeling well. He will come see you tomorrow, okay?" Y/N assured.

"Get well soon dad." Avery went in to hug Finn's legs. "Good night bubba." Finn gently caressed his curls. 

"Don't forget to take me to first day tomorrow!" Avery reminds before sprinting upstairs.

"Oh, Avery's starting school tomorrow?" Y/N asked as they sat down. "Yeah..." Finn sniffled.

"The restraining order...I got it for beating up some guy when I was filming, it's stupid." He spoke with a clipped tone.

"Oh, Finn..." Y/N winced.

"He was talking shit about Millie and I just couldn't stand there..." He sobbed.

"and so, that happened. I, I was drinking and n-next thing I knew– Finn, you don't have to tell everything. I understand where you're coming from." Y/N spoke.

"Just lay off the drinking, man. Your lawyers got this. You'll be fine." Y/N gently fixed his shirt.

"Go to sleep." She spoke one last time before letting Finn lay on the sofa.

Y/N sighed and walked to the kitchen, cleaning up Finn's mess. Judging by the amount of empty bottles laying around, she could tell that he drank a lot.

Like she remembered, drinking was never an outlet for him.

She immediately took them away, securely disposing of the bottles in the trash. She checked around the counter for any more liquor and put them away to a certain cupboard.

Y/N's eyes glanced over at Finn, who now peacefully slept on the couch. She sighed as she wiped off the counter, feeling really worried for him.

"Y/N?" Avery wonders by the doorway. "Yes?"

"Is he ok?"

"Yes he is. It's all good." Y/N assured, draining the water off of the damp towel.

"Can you take me to school tomorrow too?" He asks. "You...want me to drop you off?" Y/N grew puzzled.

"You and dad." He answers.

"Oh, uhm... I really think you don't need me for this, but... ask him first and then text me, okay." Y/N pat the boys shoulder before walking off.

"Bye bye Y/N!" Avery yells.

"Bye bye child." Y/N blew a kiss before finally heading off, and taking one last glance at Finn.

Everyone needs help from time to time. 

Someone to look out for them,

Make sure they're Okay.

...Even if it means doing extensive measures.

calling Nick W. ...

I'm surprised by how far we've come in this story, I hope everyone's still on board!

💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2K 11
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, she despite's the pop star finn wolfhard but quickly start to see there's more to the famous singer. ༄ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃! 【finn wol...
159K 3.6K 38
𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 ! finn wolfhard. feminine she/her insert. started - february 2018 ✧ ...
486K 8.1K 88
it started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this? ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ [started may 15, 2018] [completed june 17, 2018] highest rank: 6...
120K 2.3K 38
finneas x fem!reader i know finneas is in a relationship with claudia but i wanted to do this, don't give me hate. oh yeah it also includes mature co...