The Quintessential Rose of En...

By IreneCharlotte

Irene, you smarty pants! Irene, you filthy bastard! Irene, you better study. Irene, you better behave. Irene... More

Protagonists
Part 1- Powerful Family
Part 2- Good o'days
Part 3- Good o'days (2)
Part 4- New Things Aren't Always Exciting
Part 5- Contemplations
Part 6- Turning Point
Part 8- Interview
Wedding Special
Part 9- Fitting In
Part 10- New Member
Part 11- Loss (and Found?)
Part 12- Kennedy Genes
Part 13- Kennedy Genes (2)
The Author's Reflection on Prince Philip
Part 14- The "Bloody" Tactic
NEW BOOK
Part 15- Megxit
Part 16- Justice Is Up To Everyone
Part 17- A Dead Trap
Part 18- Pressure
Part 19- After Sadness
Author's Note
Part 20- London Bridge Down
Face Reveal
Epilogue
New Book!

Part 7- Our Past and Future

4.4K 79 22
By IreneCharlotte

Irene walked out of the hospital the following day with some tactics already strong-build. That night from 9 pm all the way to 10:30, William and her comforted and encouraged one another. Irene felt much better than before. But she was still depressed. And she knew that whatever she was feeling right now was only half of what Stephanie was going to pay. 

In recent days, she made friends with a senior staff member from the Warrens' company. It was a deliberated move. She told Irene that the company owed money for the Royal Daily newspaper and the Warrens' company also held a considerable amount of the newspaper's stock shares. Irene took the woman to clubs and made her drunk for her to say these secrets without her even noticing that she'd done so. Irene never drunk beer before, but, for her plan to function, she is ready to risk everything.

_

2 years later, 2010

In the two years, everybody on earth believed or was feed to believe that Prince Willam of Wales was having a fiery relationship with Stephanie Warrens. They went crazy over the photo-shopped pictures as if in a curse. Everyone but the royal family knew what was really going on.

Many times, William and the others tried to convince Irene to make a public statement and stop everybody from believing the false truth. 

But Irene always responded by asking him, Do you hate her?

Which William responds with yes.

Then keep quiet. One more day of silence is 2 times of torture for her. Just wait and see.

_

In the summer of 2010, William asked her to go to Kensington Palace with him and his parents and grandparents for a week, to which she obviously agreed.

They arrived late at night and snuggled onto the bed quickly after they said goodnights to the queen and the others.

The following day, Irene woke up with no trace of Willam seen. She was disappointed, to say the least, but got dressed before going around the palace in search of William, only to find him walking back from the Moore. Irene quickly ran back to their bedroom and re-covered herself under the blankets. Just as she settled down, the big door opened and William walked in.

"Oh, you're awake." 

"Yep. Why the shock?"

"Nothing, just... ready for the ride today?"

"What? You haven't told me about it."

 "Well, I just made up my mind."

"You are not the dominant one Wills." She said, half-jokingly.

William bent down and pinned her between his arms before smirking, rather seductively, "Oh? Not from what I knew the last night."

_

13:30, the same day.

Irene and William walked out of the stable with their horses, well actually William had two and lend her one but, that is not important.

Lifting her head and unfolding her sight, Irene couldn't help being shocked by the splendor in front of her: In the distance, the setting sun was lingering with the mountains, slowly descending, and the surrounding aurora described the branches of the winter tree delicately. She felt like the protagonist in a movie, riding on horseback, watching the wonderful sun proudly. 

Slowing, the horse became tired, and the speed is slowly slowing down. Just now, the horse was in a rush, and the horse now is slamming down and looking around and about so it is not at ease. Occasionally, it smells wildflowers and rushes to surround it. Irene saw it run slowly, so she freed up a handful and stroked it lightly. 

"Shall we proceed?", asked William

"We are going right ahead, don't try- and fail- to be poetic." 

They laughed and continued on.

In this way, silver bell-like singing and laughter were cast along the way, and their galloping horses, with four hooves and long mane flying, its magnificent posture is amazing.

From a distance, Irene saw the luxuriant flowers and green trees. As I walked forward, I seemed to see two neat rows of guards standing guard. When I looked closer, it turned out that there were only two rows of tall and beautiful oak trees. They are hidden deep, and when the autumn breeze blows through, the leaves on the trees rush down like snowflakes in the sky. It is really beautiful and spectacular scenery.

Some memories flashed through Irene's mind, but it seemed to be such a long time ago and she could not remember the details. Anyways, just as she was about to progress past it, William shouted: "Hey! Let's rest a bit here."

"You are tried? 'Cause I'm not!"

"Hey, last night was exhausting-"

"right, no problem then." She cuts him off as she stops and sits down against the tree.

"Willi... AH!" 

He jumps from the back of the oak tree. 

"I finally scared you!" He says childishly as he sits down beside her.

"So, William, you always wanted to scare me!" Irene responded with much exaggeration.

"Oh, no, you remember that box we buried for fun some 15 years earlier?"

"Why, yes, of course, my painting is in there also."

"I dug it up today, that's why I wasn't there with you this morning, sorry."

"Wills...", She was suddenly tongue-tied, "I thought you'd dig it up decades later."

"I felt today is the perfect day to open it and to remember my mom, you'll see."

_

After they've rested, they continued riding on their respective horses. William led the way. They went north and south and north and south and north and south and north and west and east and north and east and south and west and east and north and east and south and west and east and north and south and north and south. (Idk if this even makes any sense but, bear with me;v;)

The natural world is so beautiful at this moment: bright sunshine is radiating everywhere, colorful colors are shown off everywhere, sweet birds and insects are flying everywhere, and intoxicating aromas are floating everywhere. This is a green world, a sea of ​​flowers. Looking up, under the clear blue sky, the sun is shining as the background, outlining the frame of the cliffs and strange rocks on the mountain, and all the admiration and admiration of people are written on the heights. There is nothing more fascinating than the green hills. The entire hillside is full of verdant green, and the mist that never came to disperse is like elegant silk, wrapped around its waist.

"Irene, lest's take a rest," William suggested.

"What's wrong with you? Didn't we already take a rest?" She protested, but still getting off her horse.

"Oh how lovely, so this is also what you are doing this morning," Irene commented on the old picnic sheet and some foods laid out on there.

"Well, yes, this was in the buried box, not the food though."

She chuckled and leaned herself against him, nibbling on a sandwich.

By the time they finished, it was about 5 o'clock. They re-packed up their stuff, and rode their horses with William leading the way, again.

They rode south,  west, north, south, north, south, north, south, east, west, north, east, west, north, east, and south. 

They arrived at the bank of a small river. The brook, from time to time anxious, sometimes slow, sings all the way through my hometown. It is crystal clear, you can see the colorful pebbles at the bottom of the stream, and sometimes you can see groups of small fish. The crystal of the stream is shining and translucent, the setting sun is shining on the water, and the water is flashing, like the shining stars in the summer light.

There was a bench beside the steam. William sat down beside Irene, "You remember here?" 

"Oh, of course, I do."

"Then, can you guess why I brought you here today?"

"No?" she blushed.

"Irene, many years ago, you appeared in my life. You are very dear to me from the start. But it was not until almost twenty years ago by the oak tree, when you showed me your painting did I realize how much I admired you. Through the darkest of times in '97, that hug you gave me really changed how I felt. I love you, as supposed to adore. Today, we re-visited the things that symbolized and witnessed our past and present. I spelled out my question. Would you answer the words that would mark our future?"

"William?" When the man bent his leg and landed his knee on the floor, Irene knew exactly what he was doing. 

"Marry Me. Will you?" His lips felt heavy before he uttered those words, but right after saying it, William realized the weight magically vanished. 

"Yes, I can't think of anything I want to do than spend the rest of my life with you!"

She felt him leaning over and leaning down, his nose sprayed warmly on her face, and then two thin lips. If it's a little kiss, it looks like this is the kiss is complete

But he pressed them down with stubbornness. She was a little panicked, closed her eyes tightly, and didn't dare to open them at all, feeling the wave of warmness on her mouth.

It's like this for a long time. And opening her eyes, she saw the pure delight in William's eyes as he slipped the oval blue sapphire ring on her left hand.

_

"Philip? What are they doing?" The queen asked, pointing outside of the window.

"Oh, dear, William kneel... oh my god..." Philip did a dramatic facepalm, "that boy is kneeling the wrong way! Your LEFT knee is on the ground, not the right one! God, did anyone ever teach you? I'm talking to Charles about that! We rehearsed 10 times before he did it to Diana, did he forget to teach his son?"

"So, you remember what I was writing several years ago when they first started dating," The queen remained reserved while looking at the couple's kiss and her husband rambling nonsense.

"You didn't tell me."

"Right, I had a chart of various indicators including but not limited to, beauty, family, virginity, loyalty, complexity, potential, and intelligence."

"Okay, apart from the awkwardness of ranking the brides in order, what is the use of-"

"Philip, I've had enough of your incoherencies today and let be finish," she paused, finding where she's left, 

"Oh, and, she had more points than Diana."

A/N

So, I understand that most people will wanna kill me after I said that Diana was worse than the OFC, but I will use this whole book to explain what type of royal bride the BRF really needs. Diana is very close, but not exactly.

REMEMBER that this is writing from the queen's perspective Diana is perfect 5 without the prerequisites writing in the brackets.

This is what the points and stuff (each from 1 to 5);v;

Diana:

[Family Wise]

Loyalty to Husband (and consequently not generate rumors for the BRF)- 3

Ability and Willingness to Have Children (and consequently continue the BRF)- 4

[Public Image Wise]

Beauty (and consequently boost the image of the BRF but not herself only)- 3

Ability to Handle Awkward situations (and consequently boost the image of the BRF but not herself only)- 5

[Back Stage Wise]

Loyalty to Queen and Institution (and consequently not generate problems for the BRF)- 2

Ability and Willingness to stay in the Background and Leave the Spotlight for the Queen (and consequently boost the image of the BRF but not herself only)- 3

Ability and Willingness to Start Parties (and consequently boost the image of the BRF but not herself only)- 3

Ability to Cope With Depression Without the Help From Anyone (and consequently not generate problems for the BRF)- 2

[Overall]

25/40= 62.5%

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 1.1K 36
in which a love story struggles to find the love in between their different lives. SOCIAL MEDIA tom holland [2] 10K reads 15/12/2018 15...
5K 80 13
𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑: This book is 𝐍𝐎𝐓 related to any of my books in the Shatter Me series. Please do 𝐍𝐎𝐓 expect to see any of the same charact...
110 5 5
Prince Dean has met his share of princesses, but has yet to find one to capture his heart. Alexandra Martin is a member of the palace kitchen staff...
40 5 6
Irene's life has always been far from simple. Her family's close relationship with the king ensures all her physical needs are effortlessly met. But...