Whirlwind | The Maze Runner...

By JazzBrylyn

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST... More

cast
My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain
TO DO: Learn Frypan's Real Name
An Alien In Our Backyard
Another One Bites The Dust
Am I Making New Friends? Part-1
Am I Making New Friends? Part-2
Harrowing Memory
Deadheads Mayhem
Showers Are The Best Place To Cry
Tonight On Dr. Phil- A TRAITOR!
Why Stealing Is Thrilling
Sliced Up Nick
Newt Gets Brownie Points
Would You Rather And A Whole Lot Of Meaningful Trash Talks
Wanna be Merida Of The Glade
And Then He Kissed Me
A Messy Situation
Jealousy Suits Him
Under The Million Stars
Day One As The Rookie-Runner
I Slept With Newt!
Nothing To See Here, Just Your Usual New Greenie
He Has No Idea Why It Is Him Who Babysits The Greenies
We Both Are Broken Souls
Running, Feelings And More
A Fully-Fledged Runner At Your Service
The Fucked Up World We Live In
"I Adore You"
Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap
When Bats Flutter In My Stomach
Trapped Out
Thomas And His 'Dead' Friends
The Grivers Are Players
Minho's Girlfriend Wants Us Dead
Florencia
Minho Being Un-Minho-ish
Gathering Is Freaking Chaotic
They Place A Bet On Us?!
The One Where Addie Gets Mad
Cliche Is Not My Forte
Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling
Great Minds Thinks Alike
Prepping Up For The Date
Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses
Thomas And Minho-The Maze Interior Designers
Grivers Into The Glade
It's Raining Glasses
Griver-Hole And A Wave Of Guilt
Meet Chuck- My Mom
The Creators Are A Big Bloody Pile Of Klunk
The Funeral
The Maze Gives Us Weird Words
The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty
When Our Names Are Not Our Names
Are We Going Home Now?
The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest
Sequel
THE SEQUEL IS UP

Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions

827 22 5
By JazzBrylyn

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

NEWT

"Mate, Minho and Addie are right. We have to get out of here." I plead to Alby. "The Walls are not closing, the food is almost gone and we are dying here. Every smart defense we are putting up against the Grievers, they are fighting. It's like they are getting smarter. WICKED is shoving it on our face that we have to get out of here or we die."

"What do you want me to tell the boys? Huh? " Alby glares at me, "That we leave this place and go to the Maze? Straight to the Grivers? And then what? Jump into that Griver Hole. And what if we find more Grievers there? Then what?"

"We are dyin' here too, okay? At least we can say that we tried and Tommy said that he has his buggin' memories."

"Oh! That solves the problem!" Alby scoffs.

"Hey, stop being so pessimist! Staying here wasn't our permanent plan. We wanted to get out and now that we can, after all these years, and you won't?! Why?" I yell at him.

"Because Thomas is not the only one who got his memories back okay!" Alby yells, "I have seen too, okay! Did anyone ask me what did I see? Did anyone considered asking what I remember? No! You all were just so sucked up with Thomas!"

"What did you see?" I ask him softly.

"Oh, now you wanna know." Alby scoffs.

"Don't bloody shuck with me, tell me what you saw."

"The outside world is shucked up. Destroyed. Burnt into ashes. Completely gone. You won't know what I'm talking about but what you remember about the world, it's not at all like this. Here, the Glade is much better than what's left of the world. Even with the Grivers."

I couldn't believe it. I just...

This is not Alby. Whoever this is, it's the hell lot Alby. Alby wouldn't back down from this. Alby wouldn't just want to die, rather than fight.

"You want to give up? Fine. But I won't. I will fight till the end. Even if I die, I will die fighting."

"And how many will you take down with you? Huh? How many will have to die for your adrenaline filled talks?"

I shake my head in disbelief, "Nick died for this. FOR A WAY OUT! We find a way out and all you want to do is tuck your tail between your legs and shy away?!" I roar, "So whatever Nick did, was just adrenaline filled action?!"

Alby falls quiet. I know that I had hit a nerve on mentioning Nick, but what I said is true. Nick died for a way. Every one who died; died for a way out of the Maze and now if we just give up, after finding the way, just because Grievers are there; I can dig them up from their graves and it wouldn't be even remotely sinful and disrespectful than giving up now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, I am with Addie, Minho, Frypan, Chuck, Teresa and Tommy, forming a tight circle. "What the escape strategy?" Addie asks, looking at Minho.

"Ho-What? What escape strategy?" Minho gets baffled.

"Great! We're gonna die." Addie rolls her eyes.

"Simple. Gather supplies. Get Gladers and leave." Thomas says, "And don't talk about dying." He snaps at Addie who sticks out her tongue at him. I know that she is terrified- her eyes says so, but she's just masking it for others, especially for Chuck.

"I, Minho, Frypan would get food. Newt, Adelaide- get weapons. And rest, convince as much Gladers you can. We meet in an hour okay?"

ADELAIDE

We all nod, dispersing. Newt and I run towards the Weapons Room. We gather a lots of spears, machetes, knives. We get sticks wrapped up with barbed wire. I get four quivers of bows- two for me, two for Chuck and one extra bow for me.

My eyes catch the sight of the model of the Maze set in the middle of the room.

"Newt, if the Maze changes every night, then how did you build this model?"

"Uh.. it does change but it follows a pattern. Every seven days, seven of the section gets opens and every night one of them gets closed and one opens. It always follows that pattern. The order is 63825417."

"So why did you say that it changes?"

"Hope. It's harder than to tell them, 'Hey, there's no way out. Bye.' Minho's idea."

"Thank god, you didn't. Now we have a way out." Newt smiles fondly at me and leans against the table. I move closer to him and he tugs me forward. I smile widely. "Can you believe it? We are going out of here. One way ticket."

"Right."

"We can finally live normal lives. I can either get into Astronomy or something with botanic and you can be the vet that you wanted. Or a psychologist. You are very good at that." Newt keeps smiling at me fondly while brushing my cheek, but I'm too excited to stop. "And we can go back to our parents. No more WICKED, no more Creators, no more Grievers. Everything will be back as it was."

"I don't want everything to go back the way it was. It will mean that I will be without you and I don't want that. I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to stay away from you."

My heart speeds up. "Really? Do you- Do you want to be with me?"

"Of course. I do want to."

I drag my tongue over my lips, wetting them as a playful smirk stretches my lips upward. "You think you can handle me? I'm known to be a handful."

Newt smirks back, playing along with me, "Oh, you should know that I'm never the one to back from a challenge, love."

I give a breathy chuckle, "I bet you will be running away screaming for dear life."

"I think you have got it wrong, love. I will be running towards you screaming for you."

"Oh god!" I wrap my hands around his neck. His hand tightens at my waist, "Who taught you all these cheesy lines?"

"That's a talent. Inborn."

I laugh and peck his lips. "So, what is my talent? Inborn?"

"Kissing." He kisses me. "You are great at kissing."

"Really?" I kiss him on his cheek and then near his ear, then on his ear lobe. I smirk when I feel Newt shivering.

"As much as I would love to see where this goes," he kisses me on my collarbone. "We have to get out of this place."

"You killed the mood." I narrow my eyes at him. He twists and places me against the table. He starts kissing me feverishly. My hands grip his shoulder tightly. He puts his hands under my thighs. "Jump." He commands hoarsely and I jump up, and lock my legs around his waist. He sets me down on the table. I lean backwards as he keeps kissing me, only to stop in between when we need air.

My fingers take his soft sandy blonde hair. His hand slips under my shirt and rubs my bare back. He leaves a trail of kisses all from my lips, along my jaw, to my neck, lightly nibbling the crook of my neck.

I pull him forward, tugging at his shirt as I melt in his warmth and his earthly scent. He tastes of peppermint. He returns back to lips, kissing them for a moment before he breaks away. I moan at the sudden lack of warmth.

He smirks at my annoyed features. "Karma is a bitch, right? Now do you understand how much you hurt me during lunch?"

"I hate you, Newt. I'm gonna kill you one day." I hiss.

He kisses me. "I love you too."

TOTAL WORDS-1262

PLEASE DO VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU'VE LIKED THIS CHAPTER, IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 2.1K 28
time wasn't in our favour. this isn't goodbye, it's simply see you later. Book 2 in The Maze Trials Series. Thomas X OC X Newt #1 in A5 - 18.04.21 #1...
561K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
30.3K 1K 54
When Antonia and her twin brother first come up in the box they both remember nothing. Upon arrival in the glade, they discover this is totally norma...
119K 5K 25
⠀ 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒔¹ ╱ 迷路. she was fragile like a 𝒃𝒐𝒎𝒃. ━...