Love Bites (Rewrite)

Por mcandr1

If there is one thing that always bites it's falling in love. Rebecca Cross is an ordinary high school girl w... Más

Chapter 1: The First Drop
Chapter 2: Throbbing Recognition
Chapter 3: So, Vampires Are a Thing
Chapter 4: A Day in the Life of a Vampire
Chapter 5: That Escalated Quickly
Chapter 6: An Agreement
Chapter 7: Natural Curiosity
Chapter 8: Beyond the Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 9: Obey or Else
Chapter 10: Scars
Chapter 11: Blood Bonds
Chapter 12: Strictly Professional
Chapter 13: A Friend Date
Chapter 14: To Be Human
Chapter 15: Sensory Overload
Chapter 16: Awkward
Chapter 17: Blood Merry
Chapter 18: Human Day
Chapter 20: Baggage
Chapter 21: Hears a Thought
Chapter 22: Honey I'm Home
Chapter 23: Negotiations
Chapter 24: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 25: Rest in Peace
Chapter 26: Love Bites

Chapter 19: Friendzone

336 21 1
Por mcandr1

"Lyssa, Lyssa I love you," Bex called.

"I love you too, Elizabeth."

"No, I'm not-"

"Shh, you belong to be me now Elizabeth, I won't let you get away this time."

"Lyssa, wait, I'm not her!"

"Shh," Lyssa wrapped her arms tightly around Bex. "enough of this nonsense Elizabeth."

"She does it to everyone," A voice said.

Bex looked around in a panic, her eyes found the painting of the blond.

"You think you're special?" The painting talked to her.

"What? What is going on?"

"Don't listen to her, she speaks lies!" Lyssa hissed.

"It won't be long before you're just another painting on the wall. Take it from me girl, get out while you still can."

"Silence!" Lyssa kicked the painting.

Bex backed up towards the door, when Lyssa turned to her she had red eyes. Bex backed up some more and bumped into someone. She turned and there was Joan, in full slayer gear ready for battle.

"Joan?"

"Don't worry Bex, I'll kill it. And you'll never have to see Lyssa Norwood ever again."

"No!"

"Get away from her!" Lyssa shouted.

"Prepare to die!"

"You first!"

Bex watched as the two ran at each other, Joan raised the stake high in the air, Lyssa reached for Joan's neck. Bex turned away from the fight and her eyes fell on the painting.

"You're next," The painting said.

Bex shot up in bed with a scream. Sweat dripping down her forehead.

"Christ! Are you okay?" Her mother jumped just about to shake her awake.

Bex's eyes darted around the room in terror. Her mom gave her a concerned look. Bex sighed in relief when she realized the whole thing was just a dream.

"It was just a nightmare." She said to her mom.

"Alright then. Get dressed for school." She kissed Bex on the forehead and got up and left the room.

Bex stood and took a deep calming breath when she turned around Lyssa was there.

"Ah!" She cried out.

"Are you okay? I felt your fear?" Lyssa asked.

"Lyssa! You can't just," She turned and took a deep breath before turning back. "It was just a nightmare. I'm fine. I'll see you at school."

"Are you sure you're okay? You feel off."

"Just, go. Oh, and I left my phone in your room can you bring it to me at school. It should be by your bed somewhere."

"Of course. Then I shall see you at school," Lyssa gave a tight nod before she sped off out the window.

Bex let out a whimper and sat on her bed, running her hands down her face.

"You okay sis I heard you scream?" Nathan poked his head in.

Bex jumped.

"I uh, yeah, I saw a roach. It went out the window. All good." She gave a thumbs-up without turning to him.

"Okay, better hurry up if you want to be next for the bathroom," He walked off.

Bex's eye twitched.

She slowly got dressed and dragged her feet all the way to school taking the steps one at a time. Before she could even make it fully into the cafeteria Lyssa walked up behind her.

"Here's your phone," She said in her fake accent.

Bex once again jolted.

"Here comes the freak train!" Monroe called.

Bex sighed and took her phone from Lyssa before quickly walking over to their usual table.

"You okay?" Lyssa pushed.

"I'm fine Lyssa."

"You sure?"

"Yes," Bex took her seat.

"You never called me back!" Joan hissed.

"I know, I'm sorry. Things got weird, where is everyone?" Bex looked to the empty table.

"Darci is sitting with Aron today. Mike had a makeup test this morning and Jaden got a cold," Joan sighed.

"How unfortunate," Lyssa eyed the empty seats in confusion before taking her own seat.

"So is she..." Joan trialed off.

"No, she's still a vampire. It's a long story. Long story short it was only temporary due to something called energy feeding."

"Are you sure you're okay? I can feel your emotions," Lyssa pushed.

"Yes! For the hundredth time, I am okay!" Bex shouted so loud that everyone in the cafeteria turned to them.

"Any louder for those in the back," Joan chuckled to lighten the mood.

"Are you mad at me? Have I done something wrong?" Lyssa asked in confusion.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Lyssa, I swear to god if you don't stop asking me questions-"

"I'm just worried about you my love," Lyssa grabbed Bex's hands in her own.

Bex quickly snatched her hands away.

"Lyssa, we need to talk. Come on," Bex grabbed Lyssa by the arm and dragged her away from the table.

"Where are we going?" Lyssa asked.

"Just be quiet," Bex led her to an empty classroom and shut the door behind them.

She let Lyssa go and took a deep breath before forcing herself to meet Lyssa's chartreuse eyes.

"Lyssa we aren't like a couple or anything," Bex said.

"What?"

"I mean, we aren't like together."

"Yes, we are."

"No! We aren't. I don't want us to be. I just need some space okay. I would appreciate it if you just took it down several notches and backed off."

"What are you saying?"

"I am saying that we can be friends, but only friends. I am not ready for all of this," Bex gestured to Lyssa's whole body.

"But we've kissed, we've made love, we've bonded..."

"We had sex and a "bond" Is not what I would call it."

"Where is this coming from?" Lyssa asked in confusion.

"I don't have the first clue about you. You shut me down anytime I try and get close to you. You yell at me; you order me around like I am some dog. I don't even know your middle name or favorite color. And you don't even know anything about me! Do you even remember what you called me yesterday?"

Lyssa eyed her in confusion trying to recall if she had called Bex something horrible. Bex didn't give her a chance to respond.

"You called me Elizabeth. Is that her? Is that the girl? Face it, the only reason why you "love" me is that I look like some girl from your past. But I am not her! So, whatever this is, it's over," Bex pushed past her to leave.

"No! Rebecca, I am sorry, truly. It must have been an accident. I love you, I do," Lyssa grabbed Bex by the arm preventing her from leaving.

"Okay, Lyssa pop quiz anyone who truly loves me would know the answers to these questions. What is my biggest fear?"

Lyssa opened and shut her mouth unable to answer.

"What is my favorite pass time?"

Again, Lyssa could think of nothing.

"Do you even know my birthday?" Bex asked with tears in her eyes.

Lyssa averted her gaze.

"I thought so. How can you love me when you don't know the first thing about me? Get a grip Lyssa, the only thing you love about me is that I remind you of someone else," Bex pulled free and ran out of the room just as the bell rang.

Lyssa felt gutted, humiliated, rejected. She wanted to lash out, to be rid of Bex once and for all. Yet the thought of killing Bex now, after everything they've been through after learning that Bex could help her be human again, made her heartache. She swallowed down her tears and stood straight, then with what dignity she had left she walked to class.

The whole day was miserable for both Bex and Lyssa who were both swimming in the sea of emotions that they were shearing. At lunch, Bex sat next to Joan and Mike.

"Where's Lyssa?" Mike asked.

"Who knows, and who cares. I think I've had my fill of Lyssa to last a lifetime," Bex shoved her french-fry into ketchup.

"What are you saying?" Joan asked.

"I am saying that Lyssa and I broke up, or something like that. Technically we weren't even together."

"Wow, that was the fastest relationship in the history of relationships," Mike commented.

"Which is why I dumped her; things were just going way too fast. I said we could still be friends, but I think she needs time. She mopes," Bex popped the fry in her mouth.

"Well okay then," Mike said awkwardly.

After band practice, Bex walked home. She felt like a weight had been lifted off her chest, but in its place, she felt frustrated. It wasn't that she didn't like Lyssa or thought Lyssa was unattractive, she just wanted a real relationship. Not a pretend one where she pretends things are fine when they aren't. She needed breathing room and time to think.

Breathing room was not what she got because when she got home Joan was waiting for her in her bedroom.

"Your mom let me in," She supplied.

"Joan please I'm tired. I just want a day to myself," Bex pouted.

"I know, I just wanted to talk. With you and Lyssa done I was wondering if it changes things between us," Joan got up and grabbed Bex's hands in her own.

"Look Joan I mean this in the nicest way, back off," she yanked her hands-free. "I am not looking for a relationship right now and quite frankly I don't want one. This whole blood bond thing has been enough as it is. I just want space and breathing room, okay? So, I love you, but only as a friend."

Joan backed up, stung with rejection.

"Just give me space. I need space," Bex said.

"Okay, I understand. Sorry," Joan grabbed her backpack and quickly ran out of the room.

"What a mess," Bex sighed and ran her hands down her face.

Then she jumped on her bed and put the pillow over her head.

"Everything okay in here?" Her dad poked his head in.

"Why is life hard!?" Bex screamed into the pillow.

"Any particular reason for you cursing the world? Does it have something to do with why Joan stormed out of here?" He moved on sat on the edge of the bed.

Bex sat up and removed the pillow from her face. She huffed and blew some stray hair out of her face.

"I broke up with Lyssa, which was messy, and Joan likes me so she thought now that Lyssa and I are over that she could be with me. To which I told her no because I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I just want space and time to think and I guess I hurt her feelings."

"I see."

"But if anything, I am the one who should be upset with them! They are smothering me like I am some helpless child! I have wants and feelings to you know."

"Well, I-"

"And another thing, since when am I like some prize that can just be tossed around? I get a say in what I want and who I want! I am not some pet to be coddled!"

"I agree but-"

"All they do is take, take, take. Well, what about me? What about what I want? I have needs too you know. They can't just bulldoze over me like this! I am my own person!"

"Rebecca, deep breaths," Her dad placed a hand over hers.

"Sorry," She muttered.

"It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Romance is no easy city to navigate. If you don't like the way someone is treating you, then you don't have to be with them. You can always change what street you are walking down. Just make sure the street is the path that you have chosen, not what someone has chosen for you. Do you understand?" he asked.

"I think so. Can I just be single forever?" Bex asked.

"If only I was so lucky," He laughed and pat her head.

"Thanks, Dad, I really needed that. And I'm sorry for how I've been acting this past couple of weeks. That wasn't really me, you know? It's just that Lyssa needed me, and I thought I was helping her by being with her. Now I see I was only making the problem worse. I just wanted to help, but now I am the one who needs help."

"I know baby girl. Love can make us do stupid things sometimes. I am just glad you can see your mistakes. It shows me how mature you really are. Keeps a dad from worrying," He smiled.

She smiled back and rested her head on his shoulder.

"What am I going to do dad? Lyssa still needs help, and now Joan is mad at me. They are pulling me in opposites directions. I want to help and be with both of them, but I am only one person."

"Well, maybe you should focus on you first. What does Rebecca need? Then go from there. If there is one thing I have learned here at my old age it is that if it was meant to be, it will be. Now don't stress over it. Your only 16 for Christ's sake, enjoy it while you can. Because one day you'll blink and be as old as me," He patted her back.

Bex shuddered at the thought.

"Now get some rest, baby girl. Don't stress and do your homework." He kissed her forehead before getting up and walking out.

Bex smiled after him, feeling much better. Then she plugged her phone in to charge and decided to go to bed early.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

152K 9.5K 37
Tris thought she would go home for a quick visit after being convinced by her brother. More like begged and guilted. Not a few days there and her par...
101K 4.4K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
706 76 28
A vampire's submissive mate gets a taste of freedom and realizes that she no longer wants to submit. - When the vampire Ansa comes back to town, ever...
187K 11K 20
In which the popular boy attempts to use an exchange student to make his ex girlfriend jealous, but his ex ends up (fake) dating the exchange student...