Brave But Cheated

By florence-shade

COMPLETED **Second book in the Powerful But Broken trilogy** Can be read as a stand alone ------ I turn to se... More

Acceptance
Physical Training
Attack At the Base
Meeting The Platoon
A Year Later...
Discharged
House Hunting
First Day of School
Invitation
My Mate
Pain
I Fucked Up
Relief
Research
Graduation
Welcome Home
Cali's Arrival
To The Library
Escape Plan
Something's Wrong
Back To the BASEics
Forming the Platoon
Red Flame Pack
White Wolf?
Goodbyes
Taken
Changed
Rejected By My Family
Blood Paw Pack
Finding Noctis
The True Alpha
Terms and Conditions
Purple Heart
Day of the Battle
Hunt for Ash
Keres
Escape Plan
Close Calls
Crowning Ceremony
Thank You

Rogue Town

1K 45 1
By florence-shade

Noctis

It has been a week since Callum and I settled in the Blood Paw Pack territory. We couldn't find much more information on True Alpha's. I think the fact that there has never been a female True Alpha is enough to point out that I am not one. There has to be another explanation. I have been in the library in my free time trying to find another explanation as to why Callum senses me as an alpha.

Callum has gotten a job in town and I am thankful for the time to run in my wolf form without the fear of anyone seeing. I am getting fed up with staying at the pack house though. He said it would be best for me since every rogue there would know I am an alpha. Screw that, I am going to go find a job.

I run to the town and when I emerge through the trees, all of the rogues snap their heads towards me. Theirs eyes all show fear except for the few males who are in protection mode with their mate behind them. I just cross the street and start walking down the sidewalk as the hesitantly go back to what they were doing.

I find the diner Callum is working in and I head inside to be met with the overwhelming scent of rogues. They all turn to face me and freeze where they are. Everyone does this except Callum who doesn't know what to do. I walk to the counter and sit down on a stool.

Callum walks up to me and pretends to take my order with a forced smile, "What are you doing here?"

"I was getting bored at home. I am on the hunt for a job."

"You can't do that Noc, this is a rogue town for the most part and you are no longer a rogue."

"Dude, if you haven't noticed, I still don't have a pack so I am as much of a rogue as these guys are."

"Yeah, except for the fact that you have an Alpha aura."

I roll my eyes, "Can I have a black coffee?"

He sighs, "Yeah, you want anything else?"

I shake my head and be puts down his pen and paper to go make the coffee. A minute later he gives me my coffee in a to go cup.

"I guess I will take the hint," I tell Callum as I stand up and leave the diner with my coffee in hand.

I start walking down the street to find a place that is hiring everyone clears out of my way on the street as I walk by. This is probably the most civilized, nonviolent rogue town I have been in. I hear three pairs of footsteps walking not far behind me and I turn the corner to walk into the woods. Once a little while into the woods, I stop and turn around to face the three men.

"Why are you here?" One asks.

"My territory isn't far from here and I decided to come by and get a job."

"There is only one territory near here," another guy states and I see fear cross their eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. That's the territory. I do not plan on starting up a fight or anything with you all. I was a rogue for over three years before I came to this pack."

They look shocked, "An alpha was a rogue?"

"Yup."

"Huh," one states.

"Okay then, but it we hear you killed anyone who doesn't deserve it, we will start a war."

"I understand."

"Welcome to the area then," one smiles and the others grin.

"Thank you. What are your names?" I ask.

"I am Pete, this is Quade and Brad," Pete introduces.

"Nice to meet you all, I am Noctis Kilo," I smile and I shake hands with all of them.

I head back to the town with the three guys on either side of me. Rogues look at us shocked to see these guys walking with me, smiling. I have gathered that these three are the protectors of this community.

I finish my coffee and turn to the guys, "Do you all know anywhere that is hiring for a job?"

"An Alpha...working?" Quade questions.

"Yup, well not yet, but hopefully soon."

"You certainly aren't a normal Alpha, are you?" Brad asks.

"Definitely not," I tell them.

They chuckle and Pete speaks up, "There is a coffee shop a block from here that is hiring. Follow me."

I follow Pete while Quade and Brad go off somewhere else to do god knows what. He walks into a cute little coffee shop and the scent fills my nose. I smile in content and immediately relax at the scent. 

"Gabby?" Pete calls out.

"One second!" A lady shouts back from the back room.

I try my best to ignore the irritating stares I am receiving and focus on Pete. A pretty girl in her early thirties walks out of the door with a smile that drops when she notices me. I see her face go pale and she gulps.

"Gabby, this is Noctis. She is the Alpha of the territory just through the woods," gasps are heard from around the room. "We have made a deal with her and she just wants to live in peace with us."

It takes the people a few moments before the relax and some nod their heads.

"She wants to work here in town and I was hoping she could fill the empty spot," Pete tells Gabby.

She looks at me cautiously, "What work experience do you have?"

"I was in the military for three and a half years as a lieutenant of the Special Ops Platoon."

Technically, I wasn't 'in' the military for the last two years since I was with the rogues. They don't need to know that though. I see Gabby and Pete look at me with wide eyes and I look around to see the rest of the rogues looking the same way.

"What?" I ask.

"You...you are her aren't you?" Gabby asks.

"Am I who?" I ask, confused.

"THE White Wolf," Pete replies.

My eyes widen in fear that they are going to take me back there or kill me for what I did.

"Don't worry, we don't agree with those rogues. I just can't believe you are still alive. The rogues over in France we parading that they were going to kill you. They never said anything else though and it has been two and a half weeks since then which is weird," Gabby states.

I look down feeling guilty and Pete asks, "What happened?"

"I-I...they won't be sending out anymore messages," I tell them.

"Why not?" Pete wonders.

A tear escapes my eye, "Because I killed them all," I whisper.

Gasps erupt from the room and some people shuffle out the door. I sit down on the floor at I remember that awful day. Blood everywhere and dead bodies, both in wolf and human form. There were hundreds of them. I just felt something snap and then next thing I knew, I was standing there covered in blood.

"I'm sorry," I choke out. "I-I don't know what happened. Something in me snapped and the next thing I remember is them all being dead."

Silence remains in the coffee shop as I take a deep breath and walk to the door. No one moves, they all just stare in shock. I sigh as I open the door and head to find Callum. His shift is done so he should be home. I walk through the woods and into my territory.

About fifteen feet in I catch a glimpse of something white in my peripheral vision. I look to the side and nothing is there. I carefully continue walking to the pack house while keeping an eye out for anything. I make it to the clearing and see Callum sitting on the front steps.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He asks.

"About what?"

"About you being the white wolf those rogues wanted to kill?"

I guess word travels fast, "I didn't want to talk about it. It isn't something I am proud of."

"How did you do it?"

"I have no idea, I blacked out."

"Maybe that was your True Alpha," he suggests.

"My what now?"

"Your True Alpha. Your wolf is just a regular wolf, but since you are a true alpha, you have another wolf there as well. It was in the books."

I guess that would make sense, but I haven't heard anyone except for Amara.

Hello? I call out in my mind.

Heya B, Amara answers, sounding sleepy. She must have been sleeping.

Anyone else in there, I wonder.

I don't think so B. What's going on?

Nothing, sorry to wake you A.

I then hear her snoring in my head agains and I roll my eyes. "No one else is in my head, just Amara."

"Weird. Maybe I am wrong," Callum shrugs.

Maybe I need to read that book myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
791K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
413K 13.4K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
343K 9.3K 37
COMPLETED **First book in the Powerful But Broken Trilogy** I am Braelynn, the punching bag of my pack. I have been wanting to find my mate to take m...