PRINCESS

Da Cherxe

WHEN her brothers call her back to Mystic falls to kill the one and only Katherine Pierce, she goes not expec... Altro

PRINCESS
ACT ONE ━━ the bite of a vampire
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017
ACT TWO ━━ the touch of a witch
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
ACT THREE ━━ the kiss of a goddess
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
EPILOGUE

012.

10.8K 246 61
Da Cherxe

DAMON AND STEFAN were worried about Diana after her outburst she was acting differently, going in and out of her thoughts. Diana was acting strange but she was putting up a front for her brothers. She was constantly thinking about her strange dream which felt so real.

She was currently in the parlour trying to listen to Stefan drone on about how Isobel just showed up at Elena's house and now Jenna was mad. She wasn't really focused on the conversation thinking of the possibilities of what potential the mysterious voice had mentioned.

Damon glanced at his sister and noticed her glaring at the floor in a dazed manner and snapped his fingers in front of her face, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What?" Diana asked. Damon raised his eyebrows.

"You're doing it again." Damon, Stefan and Katherine, who had just entered the room, looked at her in concern.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" Diana shook her head focusing.

"Isobel's here," Stefan informed. Diana nodded once again.

Katherine spoke, "I don't think you should tell her that I'm here."

"What?"

"Why?"

"I don't see why we can't kill the bitch."

All Salvatore's spoke at once. They all looked at Diana for her sentence and she shrugged. "She's Elena's biological mother," Stefan chided. Diana looked at him as if to say 'so'. Damon smiled at his sister's sarcastic nature, thinking she was going back to her normal nature.

"It's better if she and John didn't know I was out of the tomb," Katherine explained.

Diana smirked at her, "You're the one in cahoots with them," Damon pointed out.

"You made a deal with John that almost got me killed," he continued and Diana rolled her eyes.

"If you told me you had the dagger in the first place you wouldn't have almost gotten killed."

Damon made a face at his sister, "I did what I had to do to get out of that tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance," Katherine smirked making Stefan look at her in worry.

"What do you know?" Stefan asked eagerly.

"She knows nothing Steffie, she's bluffing," Diana scoffed.

Katherine rolled her eyes at the girl and faced the siblings, "I know that I want Klaus dead which puts me squarely on team, you." Katherine looked at Diana to see why she hadn't objected yet, only to find her looking right back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Besides if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the fewer people that know I'm here the better. Think about it, Stefan. Be smart."

Stefan finally nodded, "Tell you what... You three, call Alaric and let him know his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep," he looked them once over before walking out of the house shutting the door gently behind him. Damon and Katherine looked at each other before looking at Diana who was zoned out and Damon sighed.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Damon came back into the parlour seeing Diana on her phone, "What are you doing?" he questioned.

"Nothing. What's up?" Diana deflected Damon sighed.

"You know you could tell me anything right. I'm your twin."

Diana rolled her eyes with a laugh, "I know Dames. I don't think I could ever forget that your my twin. Trust me I've tried," she joked and Damon cracks a smile.

"Ok, 1. Rude. 2. You're coming with me," Damon said.

"I see where Steffie gets his bossiness from, but sure," Diana agreed.

10 minutes later Damon and Diana were stood in front of a modern apartment complex with Jeremy and Bonnie. After greeting each other they walked into the complex that the Martin witches lived in. Damon who was slightly in front of the group opened the door and the smell of burning flesh hit Diana's nose. Damon was about to wave his hand in the doorway when Diana walked right in. "Yep. Everybody's dead," she said looking around as the three came in behind her.

"We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I want to make sure they're safe," Bonnie commented looking around as Diana had done before. Diana smirked in her direction knowing she wanted to use them.

"You know we could just get another match and cremate 'em," Damon quipped with a suggestive smirk. Diana hit her brother over the back of the head for his insensitivity.

"Don't be disrespectful," Bonnie scolded, "Not to him," she continued.

"Fine. I'll bury him," Damon mumbled turning away.

Diana walked around looking for the grimoires as Jeremy spoke up, "What exactly are we looking for?"

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch goes violently," Bonnie answered crouching on the floor.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close," Damon noted with suspicion.

"If I can find the spot where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it," Bonnie reasoned standing up from her position.

Diana zoned out of their conversation looking at the grimoires on a bookshelf. "That asshole," she exclaimed picking up one of the grimoires.

"What?" Damon questioned.

"This is my grimoire," Diana muttered.

"How do you know?" Bonnie asked.

"Cause I painted the cover," she replies. Bonnie looks over her shoulder to see a dragon in the middle surrounded by patterns. It might have been basic but it was beautiful.

Bonnie took the grimoire in her hands tried to open it but it wouldn't open, she looked at Diana who picked it up and easily flicked through it. Bonnie looked confused so she explained, "It's spelled to only open for me."

"But you lost your magic," Bonnie said.

"It recognises me," Diana shrugged.

Jeremy looked at her in shock, "Witches can do that."

"No, I can do that," Diana chuckles and holds the book not putting it back on the shelf. It was hers after all.

"Anyway, we'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead witch power," Damon complained. Bonnie's head swivelled towards him.

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie questioned although how it was said made it sound like a demand.

"Did I forget to mention that?" Damon smirked.

Diana glared at him, "Actually I told him where it was."

"Are we gonna have to read all these books till we find the right spell?" Jeremy asked.

Diana rolled her eyes and glanced at him. "If we are I'm leaving you guys here."

Damon smiled sarcastically at his sister and Bonnie said, "Not exactly."

Bonnie walked towards the bookshelf. "Thank Zeus," Diana mumbled.

"What's with you and Greek Gods?" Damon asked.

"I don't know I guess I'm just fascinated by them," Diana shrugged in response.

"Did you worship them?" Damon inquired suspiciously. Diana rolled her eyes and hit her brother over his head for his stupidity. While they were having this conversation Bonnie was looking at the grimoires.

"It's this one."

"Great. Grab the rest. Let's go," Damon ushered. Diana sighed at looked at her grimoire and a small smile made its way onto her face and she walked out after the others.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

They were now back at the Salvatore's in the living room and Diana had a glass of bourbon in her hand. Elena was there as well not that she cared, she ignored the irritating girl.

"Do you think Isobel's telling the truth? That word has gotten around about the new doppelganger?" Elena questioned worried, for her safety.

Diana rolled her eyes, "It probably has and I hope he comes to kill you quickly. Then all my brothers and I's problems would vanish into thin air," Diana finished while she wiggled her fingers in a disappearing manner.

Damon chuckled discreetly at his sister as Elena glared at her. Diana glared back at the doppelganger and sat back with a satisfied smirk when she backed down.

"Look, I don't trust a word she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan sighed.

"You would," Diana muttered.

"You should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you," Damon said thoughtfully. His idea was immediately shut down by Diana who stood up in protest.

"Oh hell no. I can't promise I won't rip her apart."

Elena shuffled away from the standing girl and closer to her boyfriend. Stefan saw his sister's murderous expression, "Damon I don't think that's a good idea. With a house, any vampire could enter? No, her house is safer."

"Well, then we'll stay there," Damon replied with a shrug.

"Over my dead body. I'm not staying there," Diana protested once again.

"So that's the plan? Neither of you will let me out of your sight again?" Elena questioned sceptically.

"Let me know when you come up with a better one," Damon smirked.

Elena huffed in annoyance, " Fine then one of you two bodyguards is going to have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon," She looks between Stefan and Damon and settles her eyes and the latter. Diana's eyes narrow at her.

"That'd be me," Stefan announced.

"Not me I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie," Damon said.

"And me being the wonderful sister I am, I'll be going with my demon spawn of a twin on that witch hunt," Diana declared.

Damon's eyebrows furrowed, "If I'm a demon spawn then so are you, we're twins."

"I know," she smirked and Stefan shook his head with a chuckle.

"Does that mean you're taking her to the... " Elena started but Damon put his fingers to his lips to get her to shut up.

"Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell," Katherine spoke up coming into the room. None of them answered so she continued, "Seriously what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you the moonstone."

"The plan is to let Elena die so we live," Diana shrugged causing Elena, Stefan and Damon to glare at her.

"I also delivered a werewolf and a dagger to lure and kill Klaus," Katherine spoke again.

"No John brought that who got it from Isobel. In my opinion, she's doing Nik's bidding." Diana said.

"What do you mean?" Stefan questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

Diana sighed, "Nik's paranoid like majorly paranoid. So if I was breaking a thousand-year-old curse I'd get rid of anyone who would stop me."

They all trailed off in their own thoughts thinking about the dagger. Diana knew that Isobel was working for her former lover. Not intentionally of course. She also knew that he keeps his daggers under lock and key so he would know if one was missing.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter," Katherine exclaimed.

Oh but Kitty Kat it does.

"And right now you all have the moonstone. Or so you tell me."

"No we have it," Damon assured making Katherine narrow her eyes in question, "Where is it."

"It's in a very safe place," Damon smirked.

Since when is your soap jar a safe place.

Katherine huffed in pure irritation, she wanted the moonstone back to give to Klaus for her freedom even though Diana said she would protect her. "I've been honest with you. Time to return the favour."

"Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust," Damon retorted looking the doppelganger in the eye.

"Kat, darling. Stop. You're not going to get it. It's fine I'll protect you," Diana added with a pout at the end.

Katherine crossed her arm like a child, "Fine. Be that way." She then turned on her heel and sauntered out.

"Love you too Kat," Diana called.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Diana, Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy were trudging through the woods. The air smelt of pine trees and wildflowers and Diana felt at peace but at the same time, dirty. As dead leaves crunched beneath her feet she regretted not changing her shoes.

They got closer Jeremy started asking questions, "Is this the spot where Emily Bennett was killed too?"

"Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches were burned," Damon affirmed.

"How do you know where the witches were burnt," Bonnie questioned Diana.

"I used to practice my magic her when I was human," Diana replied not making eye contact.

Noticing his sisters discomfort, Damon jumped in, "Emily was my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch she was." Jeremy and Diana laughed as they walked into a clearing. The abandoned house stood in a composed way as if it was waiting for someone to enter. It had vines crawling up the sides and the windows were boarded with wood.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Jeremy asked nervously whilst looking at it in slight fear. Diana rolled her eyes as his heart rate picked up.

"It is," Diana said walking towards the door and opening it. They looked at her surprised as she strolled in and called out, "I'm back."

Whispers surrounded her and they grew increasingly louder, "For Hera's sake. I know you're excited to see me but dial it down."

Their whispers decreased in sound as the rest of the group entered cautiously. Via the holes in the boarded walls, sunshine poured in. Any surface was coated with cobwebs. The dust was strewn across the floor, which was covered a drab carpet on an uneven wooden floor. A stray fly buzzed around a chandelier that stared miserably down from where it was bolted to the ceiling. Diana's nose scrunched in disgust.

Jeremy stood on a loose floorboard that buckled under his weight. His heart accelerated once again causing Diana and Damon to look at him with amusement clear in their electric blue eyes.

Damon goes to walk forward but finds himself unable to move. He tried to escape the hold and his grunting alerted Diana to his predicament. She stifled a laugh as Damon glared at Bonnie.

"Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't," Damon chuckled but a threatening tone seeped into his voice. "It's not funny."

"I'm not doing anything," Bonnie declared crossing her arms.

"I can't move," Damon explained still trying to get out of his trap.

"It's not Bonbon, Day," Diana stated as she laughed silently. Damon glared at her and at that moment Damon started to burn.

"My ring isn't working. Do something," he grunted in pain.

"Stop he's my brother. I swear to Hades, If he dies I'll personally bring you back to torture you," Diana yelled looking at the ceiling. Damon was instantly released and he stumbled forward as his blotchy red skin healed into smooth lightly tanned skin.

"I don't think the witches like you being here," Bonnie told Damon.

"I guess this is the right place," Jeremy said.

"I told you so," Diana bragged.

Damon rolled his eyes, "I'm gonna wait outside." Diana watched him walk out and decided she was going to wait with him. She left the others to do what they had to do.

They had been waiting outside for a while now and Diana had started to complain. "What's taking so long?"

"Wanna hurry it up in there?" Damon groaned. This resulted in getting the door shut in his face. "Nice to see you too Emily."

"They hate you so much," Diana giggled.

"Whatever. You're on your own in there," Damon shouted at the door. As he walked away Diana followed him.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Katherine had called posing as Elena Diana and Damon went to check out what was happening. When they arrived they saw Liz and Carol ushering people to leave. By the time everyone was gone it was just the twins, Carol, Liz and the dead body of John Gilbert.

"How is he?" Damon asked with fake sympathy. Diana was internally smiling at him being dead. She didn't like him anyway.

"He's dead," Liz announced with a frown. Diana bent down to look at his body. A vampire bite resided on his neck and she winced. The ring on his finger annoyed her immensely.

"No, he's not," she denied. The two women look at her as if she was crazy so Damon elaborated, "He'll be fine in a couple of hours."

"Unfortunately," Diana muttered under her breath causing Damon to nudge her side harshly.

"What are you talking about. He's dead," Carol exclaimed.

"Well here's the thing. John's ring it's an old Gilbert family heirloom that protects the owner from death by the supernatural entity," Damon explained. "So John will just pop up in a few hours gasping for breath and be back with us."

"But he's not breathing. He has no pulse," Carol expressed.

"He will be. Trust us," Damon assured before lazily dragging the body across the floor. "We're gonna need a cover story."

"Suicide or passed out drunk," Diana shrugged, "Right now we need to get him out of here before someone notices," She picked up the dead man's feet helping her twin carry him

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

When they arrived at the boarding house they dropped John on the floor carelessly and walked into the parlour. Diana poured herself a glass of bourbon and savoured the taste. Diana and Damon trailed upstairs and Damon began washing John's blood off his hands.

"This town is so boring I want drama," Diana groaned throwing her head back.

Damon chuckled in amusement, "What kind of drama do you need when all this supernatural stuff is going on."

"I don't know. Sex scandals, cheating husbands that get murdered mysteriously but everyone knows it was the wife," Diana rambled nonchalantly. Damon shook his head with a smile as his phone rang.

"Stefan? How'd we beat you and Elena home?" Diana ignored the rest of the conversation picking at her nails. Damon's rooting through the soap jar caught her attention, "No, no, no," He muttered.

"What's wrong?" Diana inquired.

"I hid the moonstone in here remember. Katherine took it," Damon hissed. Diana stifled a laugh and he glared heatedly at her, "What's so funny?"

"You thought that the moonstone would be safe in a soap jar. Are you begging for your girlfriend to die?" Diana laughed.

"Not my girlfriend."

"Anyway bottom line is, you're stupid," She patted him on the back and walked out of the bathroom as he gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Diana was in the attic shuffling through some boxes to see if she had any more grimoires when Damon came and told her Elena had been kidnapped. He demanded she helped look and she snapped by saying there was no way in hell. She eventually heard voices downstairs so she picked up two boxes that looked most promising and left the attic.

"Is that Isobel's?" Stefan questioned walking in at the exact same time as Diana.

"Yeah," Elena replied.

"Well good riddance," Diana exclaimed resting the boxes on the coffee table.

"I never thought I would feel bad about her being dead and yet..." Elena trailed

"She was your mother," Stefan reminded sitting opposite her.

"Why did they let me go?" Elena questioned putting the necklace on.

"Well, anything John told Isobel we have to assume that Klaus knows right?" Stefan acknowledged.

"He knows I'm not going to run," Elena caught on.

Damon's footsteps were heard, "Which is why we need to take some precautions, cause we got played, all of us," He held up some papers then set them in front of Elena.

"What's this?" She asked looking between the brothers.

"It's the deed to our house. It's in Zach's name," Stefan explained.

"You're giving her our house! No. No, no, no and did I mention no. You didn't even consult me, I live here too you know," Diana ranted.

"Just until Klaus comes," Damon said quickly trying to avoid her outburst.

Diana quieted down and thought. They watched her reaction silently. A sickly sweet smile made its way onto her face and they looked at her scared. "Fine. You can stay here until Nik presents himself. But my plan stays intact and if she messes with it I won't hesitate to kill her."

The brothers nodded and Diana sat with a satisfied smirk which honestly scared Elena. "As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name," Stefan continued.

"You're giving me your house?" Elena's face held pure disbelief.

"Don't flatter yourself," Diana said.

"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house. You'll just stay here that way you can control who gets invited and who doesn't."

"Although I'll be pretty pissed if you lock me out," Damon joked. The sound of gasping interrupted them and Diana groaned. John stood up and the minute he started breathing properly Damon grabbed him by the jacket.

"I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry," He apologized looking at them.

"Damon let him go. He and I need to talk," Elena instructed and the male vampire did what he was told.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

The father and daughter were conversing in the living room so the siblings were in the study. Diana was looking for her grimoires in the boxes she had brought downstairs earlier while her brothers were talking.

When they finished they looked at her. She had been silent the whole time. Stefan noticed a book on the table and picked it up with a smile, "Is this one of mother's journals."

Diana looked up and smiled, "Yeah it is. I have all of them. I guess I never had the heart to go through them."

Stefan started to flick through it and Damon looked over his shoulder as Diana picked up another. Stefan read through a page and stopped short, "Ana?"

"What?" She asked not looking up. "I think you might want to see this," Stefan said shakily. She took the book from his outstretched hands.

24th August 1839

Today was an interesting day. Damon was good as usual. Diana scoffed but continued. What was good is what happened this afternoon. I had just put Damon down for a nap and Giuseppe and I was in the parlour. We were hearing faint cries but we didn't know where they came from. I checked on Damon and he was still sleeping. So eventually we followed the noise and found a baby girl on our doorstep. She had a small note telling us her name was Diana. By now there were tears in Diana's eyes as she continued reading.

We didn't know what to do, so we took her inside and put her to sleep. Giuseppe and I had a bit of an argument on what to do with her. I had always wanted a daughter so I convinced him and he called up the doctor and had him change the records saying she was ours and Damon's twin. Diana shut the journal. She had tears streaming down her face and she looked at her brothers.

"I'm not your sister," she mumbled numbly. "I'm not your sister," she cried.

"Ana, look at me. You are our sister no matter what," Damon told her grabbing her shoulders. She hugged him tightly and sobbed into his shirt.

Stefan was crying silently in the corner. She girl he had grown to believe was his sister, wasn't. "Why wouldn't they tell me?" she questioned looking at her twin.

"I don't know," Stefan answered instead.

Diana's face grew hard, "That why nobody had the witch gene. Why I could do things that you couldn't. Do know what this means. I'm not your sister. I'm not even remotely related to you! And they lied to me and stopped me from finding my real parents! I have been going as a Salvatore my whole life and it's been a lie."

"Ana we love you. You're still my big sister. The big sister that hugged me when I was scared. Who baked me cookies and played pranks on the town to cheer me up when I was sad. The best big sister, I could have ever asked for." Stefan reminded.

"You are a Salvatore. Even if it's not by blood," Damon continued.

They hugged her tightly. When they broke away from the hug they sat down and reminisced about their time as humans as they drank bourbon.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

"Remember the time father burnt you with a cigar and then the next morning threw a knife at you," Damon chuckled drunkenly.

"Oh yeah," Diana replied.

The Salvatore family was sat at the dinner table and Giuseppe was praying, "If I could take just a moment to say how thankful I am to the good Lord for giving me a beautiful wife, two fine boys and a wonderful daughter, a table filled with fine food and a stomach big enough to fit it all in." Stefan giggled and starts to eat and Lily smiled. Damon looks down at his plate whilst Diana picked up her fork.

Giuseppe looked at Damon, "Son eat your dinner please."

"I cannot," he replied.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" Lily asked. Diana and Stefan look between the three.

"That was not an invitation Damon eat," Giuseppe demanded.

"Why's he not eating?" Stefan questioned.

"Because this is Sammy!" Damon declared.

Diana dropped her fork, "What?"

"That animal was put on this earth to be sustenance, not your friend. Now you will clean your plate or you'll spend your night in the root cellar wishing you had."

"Mother, please do not make us eat her," Damon pleaded. She looked at her husband who looked down then at her two eldest children.

"You heard your father." The twins looked at each other and picked up their forks and started eating quietly.

They finished dinner and Lily went to go get some wine while Giuseppe was smoking a cigar. "Children. Come here," Giuseppe said. They gathered around him. "There was money missing from my bureau. Who took it?"

No one answered, "Was it you?" He asked looking at Stefan who shook his head. "Well, it must have been one of you two. Which one was it?"

Damon was about to speak but Diana jumped in, "It was me."

"Why did you take it?"

"I'm sorry father," Diana deflected.

"Come here," she walked forward and he grabbed her hand and shoved his cigar onto it. Diana grunted in pain as Damon and Stefan watched.

"Go," he shooed them away.

Diana was in her room using a spell to heal her hand when Damon and Stefan knocked. "Come in."

"Why did you take the fall. You know it was me," Damon questioned.

"It's fine Dames. See I already healed it," Diana replied showing them her hand. They sat on her bed and Diana turned to Stefan, "You want to see something cool?" He nodded eagerly. She raised her hand and formed a red ball of energy in her hand. It then disappeared and Damon and Stefan smiled.

"You truly are amazing, sister," Damon stated.

"You guys should get to bed it's getting late," she said.

"Night Ana," they told her.

Diana crawled into her bed and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning they were eating breakfast and Giuseppe was reading the paper. He noticed something and set the paper down. "Child. Where's your burn mark?"

Diana said nothing. "I asked you a question."

"Mother may I be excused?" Diana inquired. Lily nodded wanting to avoid any conflict. Diana stood and went to leave. When her back was turned she felt a shift in the air and gasps were heard. She turned quickly holding up her hand and catching a knife with her blazing red magic.

She quickly turned the knife and it sped in the direction it came stopping right in front of Giuseppe's forehead. The knife dropped into his lap and he looked at her in anger. "Damon, Stefan would you like to accompany me to the library?" Diana asked. They nodded and the three left the dining room.

"He was so mad," Stefan laughed.

"Anyway, it's getting late. I'm going to bed," Diana said getting up.

"We love you, Ana," Damon said.

"I know Dames," she replied leaving the brothers to their thoughts.

Authors Note
Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Finnick Odair or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

29.7K 630 34
Damelia Salvatore , twin of Damon , elder sister of Stefan, visits Mystic Falls after hearing her brothers are still alive . (TVD)Season 2 to Season...
164K 3.1K 75
π‚πšπ¬π¬πšπ§ππ«πš 𝐆𝐒π₯π›πžπ«π­. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who went to Europe after graduation and left a small, remote town behind. But wha...
217K 7.6K 27
γ€Œπ—§π—›π—˜ π—™π—œπ—₯𝗦𝗧」❝ I'll do it all over again ❞ β–ͺ︎ Synopsis β–ͺ︎ Melrose and Damarion Fisher, mother and son, returns to Mystic Falls, after 145 years...
7.2K 106 23
in which Ayla and Klaus Mikaelson come to mystic falls to break his curse but more things happens than planned. || the vampire diaries season 2x22-4x...