016.

AS DIANA had promised she had caught up with the ritual. The moon was already at its apex and Diana trudged through the forest dragging the man she had turned. She decided to call him Tom as she couldn't be bothered to either learn his name or call him by it. When she arrived she saw Elena and Jenna in rings of fire whilst Klaus stood over a temporarily dead Stefan.

"There is actually no choice. I have other plans for your boyfriend," Klaus said.

"Actually there is," Diana jumped in throwing the boy at Klaus' feet.

He glared at her, "I told you we're using the aunt."

"And I told you Jenna is the only person I consider a friend in this town besides Caroline, who I'm still contemplating," Diana glared back. They glared at each other some more before Klaus backed down. He wanted to win her back not drive her away by killing her friend.

He signalled for Greta to take down the circle of fire and Diana sped over to Jenna. "You didn't really think I would let you die now did you."

Jenna hugged her thankfully, "Thank you."

"Don't mention it. Go. Unfortunately for you, I don't like Elena and she's the key part of this ritual. I'm sorry," Diana said. Jenna looked at Elena who nodded and she sped off.

Klaus and Diana waited for the man to wake up at the alter. "Elena's not the only key part of this ritual love," Klaus said.

"What do you mean?"

"So are you," Klaus pulled a small glowing rock from his pocket and Diana snatched it out of his hands. She sighed in content at the familiar power spreading through her.

"Where did you find this?" she asked quietly. Klaus shrugged.

"A witch had and when I saw it I killed her and took it. Just a few years after you left. I was hoping to use it to get you back," he admitted.

"So I can get my magic back?" Diana wondered.

"Yes. All you have to do is stand in the middle of the space. Greta does a spell and you get it back. She said doing it now would give her a bit of an energy boost," Klaus explained as they watched said witch feed her blood to the vampire.

"Let's carry on shall we," Klaus exclaimed. He sped over to the vampire and dragged him upon the altar and ripped his heart out. He squeezed the heart and blood dropped into the bowl creating sparks.

He offered his hand to Diana who took it and he lead her into the middle of the ritual. "I don't know if it'll hurt. If it does I'm sorry," he said.

"It's fine Nik pain demands to be felt. If pain is the price to pay for me to get my powers back then so be it," Diana replied. Elena watched confused as Klaus kissed her cheek and walked back to the alter.

Greta dropped the red rock into the bowl and started chanting. Diana felt a slight headache forming before it intensified to the point she dropped onto the ground in pain. The pain was one she had never felt before and was one she never wanted to feel again. It felt as if her heart was bursting from the inside out. Red and black veins grew on her smooth skin and her eyes glowed a bright red.

By now she was screaming bloody murder as everyone watched in anticipation of what was happening. Stefan who was now waking up was scared for his older sister. Diana finally snapped bright red light exploded from her body knocking them all back a few centimetres.

When it was done, Diana swayed and she lost consciousness

When it was done, Diana swayed and she lost consciousness. Klaus caught her head before it hit the ground and he picked her up bridal style and rested her against a tree in a semi-comfortable position.

"I'm sorry for your pain my love," Klaus whispered. Stefan connected the dots between them and grimaced.

"Are they gonna kill him?" Elena asked.

"Yes," Stefan breathed desperately clawing at the piece of wood still in his back.

Klaus strolled towards Elena with a gleeful smile, "It's time." He held out his hand for the doppelganger to take but she brushed past him.

He followed her and grabbed her chin, "Thank you, Elena."

"Go to hell," she spat back spitefully.

Klaus moved her straight brown hair for her neck and tilted her head. He sank his fangs into her neck relishing in the fact that he would finally be free. He detached his fangs and his eyes glowed a vibrant amber. A second, pair of fangs grew out behind his vampire ones and his bones started to break. "Yes! Yes! I can feel it! It's happening!"

He flew unexpectedly through the air and into a tree snapping it in half. Bonnie's chants grew and Damon snapped Greta's neck before she could react.

"No, you were dead!" Klaus screamed in anger. The chants grew louder and Elijah stepped out of the shadows, "Elijah," Klaus breathed.

"Hello brother," The suited original replied with a solemn look. He dug his hand into Klaus' chest and gripped his heart. "In the name of our family Niklaus..."

"I didn't bury them at sea!" Klaus shouted, "Their bodies are safe. If you killed you'll never find them."

"Elijah, don't listen to him," Stefan called seeing the hesitation on Elijah's face.

"I can take you to them," Klaus persisted, "I give you my word brother," Elijah faltered.

"Do it and I'll take you both out," Bonnie threatened. The wind whipped at her hair and her hand was raised ready to fire.

"You'll die," Elijah countered.

"I don't care," Bonnie replied with a clenched jaw.

"I'm sorry," Elijah apologised before grabbing Klaus and Diana who he noticed was near him and sped off.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

A woman in a bright green dress rushed down a dark hallway. She had felt the massive energy surge and she knew it was time. She hurried into a room where a man with jet black hair stood on a balcony overlooking the land in front of him nursing a glass pinkish liquid.

"Did you feel it?" the woman questioned. The man nodded.

"When will it start?" He inquired turning to look at the woman with hair as dark as his.

"The prophecy says it will start at her first transformation."

"And when will that be?" He questioned.

"Two months," the woman sighed. He nodded and they drifted off into their thoughts.