Whirlwind | The Maze Runner...

By JazzBrylyn

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST... More

cast
My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain
TO DO: Learn Frypan's Real Name
An Alien In Our Backyard
Another One Bites The Dust
Am I Making New Friends? Part-1
Am I Making New Friends? Part-2
Harrowing Memory
Deadheads Mayhem
Showers Are The Best Place To Cry
Tonight On Dr. Phil- A TRAITOR!
Why Stealing Is Thrilling
Sliced Up Nick
Newt Gets Brownie Points
Would You Rather And A Whole Lot Of Meaningful Trash Talks
Wanna be Merida Of The Glade
And Then He Kissed Me
A Messy Situation
Jealousy Suits Him
Under The Million Stars
Day One As The Rookie-Runner
I Slept With Newt!
Nothing To See Here, Just Your Usual New Greenie
He Has No Idea Why It Is Him Who Babysits The Greenies
We Both Are Broken Souls
Running, Feelings And More
A Fully-Fledged Runner At Your Service
The Fucked Up World We Live In
"I Adore You"
Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap
When Bats Flutter In My Stomach
Trapped Out
Thomas And His 'Dead' Friends
The Grivers Are Players
Minho's Girlfriend Wants Us Dead
Florencia
Minho Being Un-Minho-ish
Gathering Is Freaking Chaotic
They Place A Bet On Us?!
The One Where Addie Gets Mad
Cliche Is Not My Forte
Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling
Prepping Up For The Date
Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses
Thomas And Minho-The Maze Interior Designers
Grivers Into The Glade
It's Raining Glasses
Griver-Hole And A Wave Of Guilt
Meet Chuck- My Mom
The Creators Are A Big Bloody Pile Of Klunk
The Funeral
The Maze Gives Us Weird Words
The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty
When Our Names Are Not Our Names
Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions
Are We Going Home Now?
The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest
Sequel
THE SEQUEL IS UP

Great Minds Thinks Alike

1.4K 26 1
By JazzBrylyn

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

ADELAIDE

I walk around the Glade searching for the tall, wavy haired brunette with whiskey brown eyes. I know that yesterday I could have easily asked Thomas about his hesitation to know the coma girl in front of Newt then and there but I needed to get him trust me, and ratting him out would be the last thing I would do.

I have seen him in my memories. And I know that he is important to Creators. He always had this authority in my memories that would only be possible if he is important to the Creators or if he is on the inner circle.

Though I like the boy, I still haven't decided if I trust him or not. He could be one of the Creators. Or he might be one of the pawns of the Creators.

The only thing that bugs me is, if Thomas is that important for the Creators, then why did they send him up here?

I slip open my shoes and dangle them over my shoulder by their laces as I walk barefoot on the grass. The damp blades of grass tickles my feet as I walk on them, my toes curling in satisfaction. One thing that I'm happy to know about my past life is that I loved nature.

I love to walk barefoot on grasses. I love to stay on my tree for hours together. Deadheads and gardens gave me a sense of peace and euphoria. At the time of distress and whenever I needed solitude, I often turn up to the nature's blossom. The nature always gave me a kind of assurance and support. Don't know how, but I always feel contended when I'm in the greens. And even Newt smells of damp mud.

I nearly walk the whole Glade in search of Thomas before I spot him by the furthest edge of the Deadheads. Knees tucked against his chest, he appears to be in deep thought.

I slowly approach him, and purposely make notice while walking towards him to indicate him of my presence. He looks up and smiles faintly at me.

I sit down beside him.

"When you are thinking, you should go to the greener parts of the Deadheads."

"You do that?"

"Most of the time. Helps me immensely."

He nods, "Perhaps you are here to ask me about yesterday."

I shrug, "That is definitely on my agenda today but, I would wait until your head is clear."

"I-I just don't know why are we all here. First I thought it was a kind of a prison, but then we all are so young. What crimes can we possibly commit?"

"Jinx."

"Then a lot of things about this place doesn't make sense. Like how on earth these walls work. Defies the science. And the Grievers? What is that?" He grimaces.

"The first question I asked Newt when he showed me the Grievers is, why someone would spend so much of money to create things like this?"

He looks at me, his eyebrows raised and lips pursed, "I never thought of that." I chuckle, "I'm the weird one, I guess."

"More like the smart one."

We fall into a comfortable silence. I see Thomas plucking out blades of grass, studying them intently.

"Uh.. Adelaide?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know about the black-hole-thingy?"

"Its at the edge of the Cliff. I and Minho found it on my last day as the Rookie-Runner"

"Minho showed it to me today. Uh-uh do you think that... that it is something important?"

"Look, I shouldn't be telling you this, but.... Minho told me that he had practically covered every inch of the Maze. And we are still here. So..."

"There's no way out..." he whispers, as the horror struck him.

"Yeah. And now, we have found this black hole thingy. I think that this might be our way out. Because there is literally no way else. But, Minho says that I'm jacked in the head. That jumping into the black hole will mean death."

"Which might be true, because we don't know anything about it."

"Yeah, I know. But I have this tick in my head, a...a nagging feeling that the black hole thingy is important. You understand?"

"Yeah I do." He sighs as he leans his bead back to the trunk, "The same way I feel when I see the girl."

I snap my head at him. He blinks and looks at me as realization draws on his face.

"You didn't mean to say that." I say. He nods.

"Dont...don't think me as crazy or something. I have no idea why this happens to me."

"Trust me Thomas," I turn to him completely, "We live in a world as some partial amnesiac,as some fucking lab rats in a huge Maze as fucking ugly creatures as the guard dogs. Nothing you would say would be crazier than this."

Thomas blinks at me. "That's a lots of normal slangs."

I laugh, "I love to use the normal slangs. Brings normalcy."

"So... I've heard a voice-voice in my head. A-A girl. That girl specifically. She was calling me, saying something that she the triggered the ending, or whatever that means."

I blink as I stare the boy in front of me, my heart rate suddenly increasing.

"The girl is talking to you?" I whisper.

"Ye-yeah. I-I don't know what is happening to me."

"Okay. Okay. Okay." I whisper as I force myself to take deep breaths. "You have voices in your head."

"I'm not crazy!"

"I didn't say that you are."

" 'You have voices in your head,' clearly elucidates one." I roll my eyes at his hypothesis.

"Please, Adelaide. Don't tell this to anyone."

"I won't. It's okay."

"And I also had this feel that I know this girl when she first came. This really bad feeling. And then-them I saw flashes of her in my dreams the other night."

"Yeah. That happens to me too. When I came up, I really had this same kind of feeling with Newt. And he said that he felt that he knew me too. And.... when I was I coma, i... I saw him and me. Celebrating my birthday on a terrace. I know that it was a memory."

"So, you think that I might have known her from earlier?" I nod.

"But that doesn't explain why... Why I hear her?"

No, it doesn't. But things here rarely do.

"Thanks. For..uh.. for your talk, for listening to me and understanding me. And for not telling anyone." I smile. "No problem. I'm just happy that I've finally found a person who is as crazy as I am."

I stand and Chuck as far as we can as the no longer 'comatose' girl keeps throwing pebbles on the Gladers, from the tower.

They are all yelling at her to stop throwing pebbles. Everyone is trying to protect their head with something. Some has worn a frying pan, some had wore a steel plate on their head, Winston, Abrail and Newt were under a long wooden plank, while Gally is trying to dodge the rain of pebbles, with a brick.

"I don't think that she likes us much." Newt says, trying to cover his head.

"If you throw one more pebble, you would wish you wouldn't have!" Gally threatens the girl.

She, surprisingly stops throwing the pebbles and peeks down.

"Now come down!" Gally yells at her.

I'm even surprised that she's listening to him.

Suddenly two pebbles drops down for the tower, specifically for Gally, hitting him on his head.

"Ow!" Everyone laughs.

"Hey, what is happening?" Thomas approaches me from behind.

The human question bank!

"Your girl, she woke up, and kicked Stan's jewels and is currently raining down pebbles." I laugh.

"What do you mean, 'your girl'?" He shoots me a dirty look and hurries towards the tower, shielding his head with his palm.

Great protection!

"Hey, hey, it's me. Thomas!" he calls out to her.The girl stops throwing the pebbles and peeks down.

"I'm coming up, okay?" he calls out cautiously, climbing up the tower ladder, and slowly disappearing in the tower.

"Looks like Tommy's handled it." Newt says, "Rest of you shanks, get your arses to work!"

He stands there until everyone disperse. His eyes fall on me and smiles blushing deep scarlet. He walks slowly towards me.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi." He gives me a toothy grin. "So, I was thinking, that if you were free, I mean, if you aren't doing anything important, so maybe could you go on a date with me?"

I give him a toothy grin. "Tonight?"

"Tonight." He nods.

"It's a date then." I tiptoe and place a quick kiss on his lips and dash away.

TOTAL WORDS-1384

please vote/comment if you've liked the chapter, it's all about support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.1K 39
A promise held them together. A promise between the only girl and the blonde boy. It's the glue in their friendship, but realization comes into play...
447K 11.6K 38
❛I know we're not everlasting, We're a train wreck waiting to happen.❜ Lori wakes up inside a grave, along with a body. Finally a boy helps her...
252K 8.9K 40
Aurora knew she recognised the Glade, and she was fucking determined to find out why. HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in kihonglee #1 in minhoxoc #1 in minhof...
122K 3.6K 30
″ i knew it would all come crashing down when i came to the point where i would leave the whole world behind for you. ‶ [Winner of the E-Awards: "Be...