The Failed Experiment

By UltimateIdeasMaster

E258A was made in a lab, a superhuman experiment. The scientists are crazy and use her as a human murder mach... More

The world now
"Birth"
Best friends
Their real intentions
Training
The project of friends
First mission
Mission success
Suspicion
Perfectly blending in
The ultimate assassin
Let it go

Mr. FX

47 1 2
By UltimateIdeasMaster

Lars Fixerton was born on the first of November 2018. His parents were poor and abusive towards him. He was barely home, being on the streets. He didn't have problems socially, but was very bad at reading people. He made friends in the darker alleyways when he got in his later teen years. The wrong type of friends. Lars got into the drugs industry because of those friends, his parents couldn't care less about whatever their son is doing.

Years go by, it's now summer of 2036, Lars is 17 and heavily invested in the industry. He already witnessed some of his so called friends die because of the dealing. He still goes to school and it's near the end of the year. Lars walks home from high school with his hood up. Later in the day he would go back to dealing and earing money that way, but that would change very soon. He gets to the door of his house and is about to open it when he hears a car coming. The 17 year old looks around so see a black van coming down the street towards his house. The brown haired guy gets down behind his parents car as the black van stops at his house. The sliding door of the van opens showing a mounted minigun which shoots up the car and the small house of the Fixertons. The amount of shots makes the car explode, hurting Lars badly. He can barely get his phone out to call 911, the operator on the other side of the call tries to keep Lars awake, but he passes out because of the pain and damage caused to his body, the last thing he saw was the shattered glass of his house.

It's now 2 days later, there was a very long surgery, 20 hours total to keep him alive and repair his heavily damaged body. His left arm and leg have been replaced by prosthetics, the left side of his body has been band aided and the back and most of the left side of his head has been made robotic, including his left eye which did not function that good in that time. Lars slowly opens his eyes, already creeped out at his weird sight, knowing something bad happened. His speech however, is completely fine, and the first words he speaks are "What happened? Where am I?". A doctor walks over to him "You're in the hospital, been unconscious for 2 days". The young guy looks shocked, still having trouble with his robotic eye, then he notices both of the prosthetics. He looks at the doctor and asks "What happened to me?". "A car explosion, you lost your left limbs and got major burns and small replacements for parts of your skull", doctor Levels responds. Lars tries to sit up but can't because of the intense pain he feels in almost every part of the left side of his body. "You need to heal up, anyone we can call for you?", Mr. Levels asks while looking at the young dude. Lars tries to get his robotic eye to look normally but it doesn't work so he closes it, just looking with his normal brown eye at the doctor "My parents won't care and my friends are probably busy, is my phone here?". Levels picks up the phone the paramedics got from the scene and gives it to him "It's in a surprisingly good condition". "Yeah, I knew buying a strong case would pay off one day", he responses with a slight chuckle as he takes the phone.

Lars unlocks it seeing he didn't have any messages "Can I have some privacy?". Doctor Levels nods "Do you want me to help you to make a call? Using prosthetics for the first time is quite hard for most people". "I can do that with one hand", Lars replies, he says as he goes to his contacts just using his right hand, then scrolls to his friend's name Xander. He presses the call and puts his phone on his right ear as he looks at the doctor. Mr. Levels just nods and walks out of the room closing the door behind him. Since what happened to him is quite bad, he has a room for his own. Mainly the robotic eye is an experimental, so they want to keep a good eye on him using it.

Xander picks up the call "Hey mate where the hell have you been and what the hell happened at your house?!". "Slow down man, I'm at the hospital", Lars replies. "The hospital?! Tell me what happened and we'll get whoever it did back!", Lars' friend says with confidence. Lars looks around making sure no one is there before responding "I fear it's our boss, it was a black van with a minigun who shot up the car and the house". "What the hell did you even do to get him that angry?!", Xander asks his friend. "I have no clue, but it might've put me in a better position to take revenge", the brown haired guy replies. Xander sighs at his friend's response, the last time he said that one of their other friends got murdered "What are you talking about? I don't want to suffer the same fate as Peter". "Prosthetics, left arm, leg and eye", Lars replies. "Man you really have to tell me what happened", Xander says. Lars looks at himself before talking "The car exploded severely wounding the left of my body, everything feels weird but I'll train with my prosthetics, come to the hospital after class so we can talk". "Alright, see you then", Xander says just before hanging up. Lars puts the phone down and opens his left eye again, trying to concentrate on it hoping it'll help. Luckily it does, and he can see with both eyes again, yet it still feels weird.

Later that day doctor Levels does the checkups on Lars, his human body and the prosthetics. All seems to be okay for now after making little adjustments to the eye, making it work like it should. At the moment the doctor leaves, Xander walks in. He has blond hair which is most of the time covered by a hoodie, now too. Lars looks at him with both eyes, now not having trouble with using them. Xander walks over "Man...", he says as he looks at his friend "Not gonna lie, you're looking cool as hell". Lars simply chuckles "I'm glad it all works, yet the eye needed adjustments". Xander gets closer to him to look at his eyes "You can see one of them is different than the other". "I know, but I don't mind it", Lars says. The blond hooded guy puts his hands on Lars' prosthetic "Do these work too?". The brown haired guy nods and shows individual fingers and toes moving, he also makes a fist with his prosthetic hand "After training I can take him on". "You better succeed, and if you do I want to be your right hand man", Xander says. Lars nods "No doubt, and trust me I got this". "He probably already knows you're here", Lars' friend says with some concern in his voice. Lars himself grins as he might have outsmarted his boss "It's a hospital, they really can't kill me while I'm here, it'll make it all too obvious". "Right fair enough, not a bad plan", Xander says as he takes the hood of his hoodie off. The doctor walks in again and says "Time to go, Mr. Fixerton needs rest". Xander nods "Okay sir, see you later Lars, get better soon man". "Will do my best", Lars says with a simple smile. Xander puts his hood back on and walks out.

The next day the doctor walks in with a female police officer. Lars was watching some YouTube before they came in, but he paused it as he saw who came in. "Good morning, did you sleep well?", Mr. Levels asks Lars. Lars nods "Not the best, but still decent". "Have pain anywhere?", the doctor asks. "Only a bit, thanks doc", he replies, then he looks at the police officer "Why's the police here?". The ginger police officer looks at the doctor "Leave us for a bit". Doctor Levels nods understandingly and walks out, closing the door behind him. "Mr. Fixerton it is right?", the police officer says as she looks at Lars. Lars nods and asks "That's me, am I in trouble?". "My name's Rachel Dars", the officer says. "Okay...?", Lars responds with a clear worry in his voice. Rachel sighs and says "Your parents didn't survive, they were dead before the paramedics arrived". "Okay", Lars simply says, not really hurt because of how they acted towards him. Rachel is shocked by his reaction "Aren't you sad because of this news?". The brown haired guy just shakes his head slowly. "Why?", officer Dars asks confused. Lars looks at the ceiling as he says "They neglected and abused me, they never liked me and I never liked them".

"And with what kind of people did you grew up with, assuming you weren't home a lot", the officer asks, hoping she'll get something useful out of him. Lars knows what the officer is doing, and knows he'll have to be careful with what he says "Mostly some friends on the streets, I was only home to sleep, eat, clean myself and all those". Rachel nods "And what did you do in your free time? You have school? You have a job?". "I go to school and free time is just hanging out with friends, no job", He responds. Rachel keeps pushing hopefully getting him to help, she knows what's going on with the dealing "At your house we found bags of weed and marijuana, how did that come there?". "Eh... No idea", Lars replies nervously. "And your drug boss trying to take you out, am I right?".

Lars now realizes he's in trouble, but he might turn this around for his own benefit "Fine yeah... I'm a dealer of Mr. Durkens". The police officer looks around before talking to Lars again "I'll make you an offer, you either go to jail or you help us getting him caught". Lars rolls his eyes, knowing the question would come "I'll help taking him down". "Excellent, you'll recover and we'll meet up again, further discussion will happen then", Rachel says with a soft smile and then walks out. Lars simply grins as he has time to think of a plan to make himself come out on top.

Over the next months, Lars slowly recovers and gets help with getting used to the prosthetics and the eye which has better sight than his original. He relearns to walk with his prosthetic and the wounds which are now scars after the band aids came off, all of those make walking harder. At least they found a way to make it as comfortable as possible. Learning to use the prosthetic hand was much easier than relearning to walk, it surely helps he's righthanded, since writing with a prosthetic is quite a lot harder than most people would think.

It's the 8th of February 2037 now, Lars has fully recovered and has gotten used to using his prosthetics. He has agreed to meet up with Rachel Dars. In the late morning, Lars walks in to the police station. Rachel walks over "So Lars, here to help?". Lars just nods, knowing how he'll turn it around for his own benefit. The officer nods "Alright, come with me, I have a team ready", she says as she walks to a room with Lars following. In the room Rachel puts a small microphone under Lars' shirt and makes sure it's all hidden. "Remember, we're ready to move in whenever you need to. You won't get hurt". "Okay, and what will happen to me?", Lars asks. The police officer looks at him "We'll decide that when it's over, depending how it went". Lars rolls his eyes and nods "Fine". They walk out of the room through another door then the one they came in through. There are 2 armored cars with a group of 10 fully geared up special forces. "They'll all be on standby", Mrs. Dars says. "You know they didn't want me to survive right?!", Lars says, not with the worried voice he wanted. The commander of the special forces group walks over "Me and my men are ready to move out and take them out, we're trained for these kind of missions". Lars just nods, knowing it won't go as their plan. He already called Xander to tell him not to go to the place today.

After about a 20 minute drive they arrive at the agreed location which is actually the house of Mr. Durkens, yet Lars didn't mention that. "You know what you need to do, right?", Rachel asks as she looks at Lars. Lars nods and walks out of one of the armored car "Test 1, 2, 3", he says as he looks into the car where one of the soldiers wearing headphones sticks his thumb up confirming the microphone works. The brown haired teen puts the black hood of his hoodie up and walks into the house.

Lars walks in and already 2 guns are aimed at him. Both guards lead the young guy to a big and quite dark room, there's only one light. "I really hoped my men did a better job at killing you", a deep, sinister voice says, being a dark, 5'7 (170 cm) figure in the dark on the other side of the room. "It's not that easy to get rid of me", Lars says with a grin. The dark figure walks into the light revealing he's Mr. Frank Durkens "And you have the guts to show up here with police too, why shouldn't I kill you on the spot?". "I can make you a deal", Lars says as he reaches with his prosthetic hand into his shirt, pulling out the microphone before crushing the small thing between his fingers. Mr. Durkens crosses his arms "I'm listening, but not here", he says as he walks off. Lars walks after him with both guards following, guns aimed at him.

Outside the special forces just got out of their cars ready to move in after the microphone got destroyed. "What the hell was he thinking", the commander says preparing to move in with his team. Rachel sighs "I should've known this was too easy". "It's the kid's fault, not yours", the commander says as he looks at his men "We're going in". The special forces nod and stand ready to move with the commander at front together with officer Dars. They move in and check every room they can find but they can't find anyone. "Where the hell are they?", the commander says quite annoyed. Rachel looks around "They can't have escaped that fast". "Spread out, search the whole place and look for a secret way", the commander says to his men who spread around the house looking for anything leading to a secret way out.

"You better run", a deep, dark, sinister voice says which echoes through the house. The special forces aim around looking where the voice came from. The officer slowly starts to back away to the exit, knowing what happened before with these dealer guys. Then the commander sees a flickering light "Everyone out!". Rachel quickly runs outside as the house explodes with the special forces and the commander still inside. The police officer quickly pulls out her phone and dials the alarm number "This is police officer Rachel Dars... I need an ambulance and firetruck right now... yes right now... there was an explosion at my location... special forces and their commander were in the building when it exploded and it's burning now... yes, now hurry". She hangs up the phone and puts it away as she walks over to the remains of the house which are still on fire. The house is standing on its own on the countryside, but not far from the city.

Meanwhile Lars, Frank and the 2 guards are underground, safe from the explosion. Mr. Durkens grins as he hears the explosion "That was easy", Lars just nods, but he feels bad for maybe hurting officer Dars, she wasn't that bad of a person and was actually very nice to him, maybe she was like that because of what happened to him, but he can't know for sure. "What now sir?", one of the guards asks his boss. "Doing this benefits me, but how does it benefit you?", Frank Durkens asks while looking at Lars. Lars simply grins without saying a word. Durkens looks at the guards who had their guns holstered to get in the underground bunker, but quickly put their hands on their guns again. "What're you grinning about Fixerton?!", Frank asks. "It's time to change things up, the group has been failing, the competition is getting stronger. I'm here to take over from your failure, and bring us back to our former glory", Lars says with a grin on his face. Mr. Durkens looks at the guards "End him!". Yet the guards don't move which shocks their boss. The partly prosthetic guy chuckles "Don't bother, they're on my side", he says as the guards take out their guns and aim at their old boss.

"You'll regret this!", Durkens says angrily. Lars shakes his head and punches Durkens hard in the face with the partly metal prosthetic "I'm pretty sure I won't". The young guy turns his back to his old boss as the guards pull their guns out and shoot Frank Durkens multiple times, making sure he dies. At first Lars had the idea to do it himself, but he knows it would be too hard for him, he's in it for the money, not killing.

Over the years, Lars indeed grew out his drug empire with his friend Xander at his side. But he also got more competition. After the war more competition started to appear around. Since 2049 they started to lose more of the area to their competitors, but at that time Xander got in contact with Brian and Henry about the experiments. They made a deal, Mr. FX, which was now the nickname of Lars Fixerton, would provide them with money and possibly materials in exchange for the scientists to show their progress to them and have big results after the first year.

Lars, in comparison with his former boss, was more flexible on results, and doesn't mind waiting a bit longer for great results. The scientists would send letters to the villa he was living in at that time, since emails were too risky with the government getting better at chasing down cybercrime. The letters would contain whatever they needed at that moment, and the progress they made in the meantime. Mr. FX was happy to provide what they needed, just because he know what they were doing, creating superhumans.

The years they have been in contact, Brian and Henry provided good progress on their experiments, but they needed to work faster. The drug lord was losing too much of their area and couldn't afford to lose much more, so he himself wrote a letter, the letter stating the location of his biggest competitor which needed to get taken down as quickly as possible.

On 5th of June 2056, the day E258A had her first mission, he was watching the news on his 80" tv while he was wearing a hoodie and jeans. He saw about the interview with the commander with the villa of his competitor in the background and grins "Xander, get over here, you have to see this!". Xander runs over wearing a similar outfit as his friend "What is it?". "Just look at this, I think they finally showed the result we wanted", Lars says as he points at the tv. The headline is 'Villa attacked, no survivors found'. Xander grins "About time, this is live?". "Yeah it is, seems like we won again", Lars says, being very happy about the news. At that moment, E258A appears on the screen, just walking through the gate. Both friends look confused at this. "I told them to show no mercy, not even for a little girl!", he says angrily, but he quickly calms down. Xander is confused by the reaction of his friend "How did you calm down so fast? They failed!". Lars shakes his head with a grin, realizing what happened "That isn't an survivor, that is the murderer". "A murderer? That little girl which doesn't even look like she's older than 7?! Are you out of your mind?!", Xander says shocked about Lars' reaction. "Don't you know?", Lars starts his explanation with, "They create superhumans, no human can be born full grown, they need to grow". He points at the girl on the screen "We've been in business with them for just 7 years, that girl has to be one of their experiments". Xander is shocked, but that quickly fades "That is genius, no one would suspect a kid to do something like this, and it looks like she's able to blend in well, she has taught reactions to something like this happening". Lars simply nods "Yeah indeed, this will make us unstoppable".

Later that day they get the letter Brian sent about the prosthetic. The drug lord himself reads it first and then gives it to Xander to read it. "What do you think?", Xander asks his boss and best friend. "Provide them with what they need, we cannot lose someone so strong and unnoticeable because of something we can fix", his boss replies. Xander nods "I'll make some calls". "Do that, and do it fast, she needs to be ready to move out again soon", Lars says. His right hand man nods and walks off while Lars keeps grinning, thinking of how easy it'll be to destroy his competition.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 2 2
The Earth has fallen to an alien force of unbelievable power. In one day humanity was left near extinction. For two hundred years, these alien machin...
236 13 15
She was made in test tubes from stolen DNA. She was stolen to have a better life. She left her second home to find the guy who left her but runs into...
12.2K 449 32
We were just kids. Not experiments. Hundreds of kids were kidnapped at a young age and taken to a place called the Compound. Here they are put throu...
18 1 17
Grieved by hearing too many cynics trashing their culture, a small group of scientists gathered together to pursue their dream in proving them wrong...