This Love ✔️

By booklings21

Boring. That is one word to describe Sadie Jefferson's life. She goes to school, is on the honor roll, has tw... More

Introduction
1: This Beginning
2: This Boy
3: This History
4: This Concert
5: This Drunk
6: This House
7: This Game
9: This Precious Jewel
10: This Book
11: This Smoke
12: This Dinner
13: This Invitation
14: This Skill
15: This New Girl
16: This Introduction
17: This Humiliation
18: This Intruder
19: This Advice
20: This Tutoring Session
21: This Hurt
22: This Party
This Feeling
This Body
This News
This Illness
This Captor
This Kiss
This Confession
This Friend
This Band
This Stranger
This Singer
This Bite
This French Fry
This Cold Shoulder
This Middle Finger
This Story
This Warning
40: This Mother
This Partner
This Adventure
This Dirty Text
This Wake Up Call
This Cock-a-doodle-doo
This Heartbreak
This Verb
This Explanation
This Insight Part 1
50: This Insight Part 2
This Acknowlegment
This Backstory
This Loss
This Labyrinth
This Thing He Carries
This Murdering House Fly
This Awakening
This Photo Shoot
This Song
60: This Drunken Confession
This Secret I Keep
This Christmas
This Truth
This New Years
This New Schedule
This Goodbye
This Missing Person
This Surprise
This Present
70: This Brother
This Birthday
This Hot Lawyer (Sarah's POV)
I'm Begging You
This Letter
This Dream
This Jail Break
76: This Final Goodbye
This Epilogue
This Note
Bash's Pov 1
Bash's POV 2
Bash's POV 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 1
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 2
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 4
Bash's POV 4
Cameo

8: This Phone Call

189K 6.5K 1.3K
By booklings21

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

This Phone Call

"Woo! Way to go Warriors!" A burly teenage guy shouts as I pass by him in my car.

"We beat your ass Panthers!" His friend shouts to me beside him.

I roll down my window to stick my head out of the car. "I go to your school!" I scream at them but they are too busy yelling at everyone else to notice.

"Is it sad that I have been going to this school for four years and people still don't know who I am." I ask Ella as I get back in the car.

"It's no secret that the people at our school aren't the brightest. But hey at least Lucas knows who you are!" She playfully swats my shoulder.

"Are you ever going to drop that?" I ask her but I can't help the smile that is starting to form on my lips.

"No! He said hey to you in front of his girlfriend! That is a big deal Sadie. If a guy talks to another girl in front of their girlfriend than that means he's taking a risk with his relationship for you."

"No it does not Ella." I laugh while pulling out of the busy parking lot to the main road. "It means that he only sees me as a friend."

"Whatever but just so you know when I make a speech at your guys' wedding I will totally include this story and everyone will laugh at how naïve you were." She huffs leaning back in her seat.

For the ride home we blast Taylor Swift until she has to leave and take her phone. After that I just play my radio for myself.

I park my car in the driveway ready to go inside and sleep for the rest of my life.

However when I get inside I hear the television playing in the living room. Excited to finally see my Dad which is almost never because he has to work so often I practically skip down the hallway.

"Hey kiddo." He greets me as soon as I walk into the room.

Playing on the TV is some old black and white movie. My dad is one for the classics. I remember when I was younger he used to make me and my older sister Penelope watch these shows with him. It was boring beyond belief but as I look back now I'm glad he made us do it.

"Hi Daddy." I chirp sitting next to him on the couch. He wraps an arm around my waist bringing my closer to his side.

"How was the baseball game?"

I can trust my Dad a lot more than my Mom. He isn't half as strict as she is. He has even been to a few games with me but none this year because the season just started up.

"It was good. We won."

I made sure to text my Dad to tell him where I was in case anything happened to me or they needed me. See I am thoughtful.

"Is Favero pitcher this year again?"

Since my Dad is Mr. Favero's boss he knows who he is. Although I've never met Lucas's family. I think it's just him and his parents though.

"Yeah he is. He's really good too. He gets almost everyone out." I say proudly for him. It's sad really to be speaking like that for someone who isn't even my boyfriend or friend.

We spend the next thirty minutes watching the end of an old Sherlock Holmes movie. By the time the credits roll down the screen my Dad is out cold and snoring like a pig.

I maneuver out from under his arm and grab a blanket from the ottoman. I kiss him goodnight after I lay the blanket on top of him. He's already in his pajamas so it's okay if he sleeps on the couch for one night.

I can tell he's tired by how much work he's been doing lately. Since I spent almost an hour with him I probably won't see him for another week. He stays in his office all day on Sunday or he goes out golfing with business partners.

I creep up the steps to my room and by the time I close the door behind me I feel like I could pass out at any moment. My bed looks so comfortable with its fluffy pillows but I know that if I lay down I will need be able to get back up. Besides I need to get ready for bed, and that includes getting dressed, brushing my hair, and brushing my teeth.

As I do my nightly routine I think of what to do for tomorrow. My mom didn't plan anything so I think I'll stay home and catch up on homework. I might start doing the homework that's due next week also.

Sure enough as soon as I lay my head down I'm out like a light.

I feel as if I've only been asleep for a few seconds before my phone starts ringing. I look at the green numbers on my alarm clock surprised to see that it says it's passed midnight.

The numbers on my phone blur together from my groggy eyes. When the first three numbers focus I discover that it's from the same area code. At least it's not a solicitor.

Who else could be calling in the middle of the night whose number I don't have? It could be anyone in need of help so with that thought I swipe the green button.

"Hello?" I try to wipe the sleep from my voice but it doesn't work well.

"Hey, it's uh me." The voice is a mans but I can't tell who's.

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to tell me your name." I say taking pauses because I can't seem to be wake enough to even talk correctly.

"It's Bash." Suddenly it makes sense. The phone must have just made his voice sound different plus I'm too tired to think clearly.

Why is he calling me at midnight? And how did he get my phone number? I don't remember giving it to him until the memories from the other night come back.

"I don't know why I called... it's stupid. Sorry." He says about to hang up. His voice is different from last night, it sounds like he's embarrassed.

"Wait!" I practically shout into the phone. "Don't go. Sorry I was just trying to remember how you got my number." I admit turning on to my back.

"Did I wake you up?" He asks. His voice sounds really nice even at this time of day which is surprising because I usually hate all people's voice's when I wake up. Except for Lucas's, I bet his would be amazing.

Snapping out of my thoughts of Lucas I finally answer Bash. "No, you're fine. I was awake."

"You're a terrible liar you know that? Even over the phone." He chuckles.

"How would you know that? I've never lied to you before." I defend.

"Well it's pretty obvious now since you sound like you're already asleep." His laugh makes me even more relaxed.

"Whatever. So what's up?" I ask trying my best to keep my eyes open. I try to concentrate on the ceiling but there's nothing to concentrate on. It's just a plain white surface covered in shadows in the dark.

"Just wanted to talk to you I guess. You're addicting you know that?" He teases. From our conversation last night I know why he's truly calling.

It warms my heart to think that he actually called me for any sort of comfort he wants.

Deciding to play along since I'm sure he doesn't want to talk about it I say, "So I've been told."

"By who?" He doesn't actually sound curious but amused like he knows I'm kidding.

"Pizza."

"Pizza has told you that it's addicted to you?" He asks laughing.

His laugh brings a smile to my own face despite how tiring it is to move my lips.

"Yes, it just can't get enough of me I suppose."

"So I'm going to make a wild guess here but you're favorite food is pizza am I correct?"

"Wow how did you know that?" I ask faking shock.

"I'm a genius that's how. You under estimate me under all these tattoos."

"What's your favorite food." I ask randomly.

"Italian."

"Pizza is Italian! Oh my gosh we're like the same person." I joke.

This feels like we weren't making out just last night and he wasn't touching me in places no one has been before the night before. It feels like we're friends which is kind of nice.

I think he sort of needs a friend and I'm happy to be his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 0 16
Madison's life is perfect, but a random act of violence shatters her world, destroying everything. Broken and afraid, she meets Gavin, a boy who coul...
577K 17.9K 87
Jessica Grayson has struggled with body dysmorphia and bullying for most of her life. And when she believes she has finally turned things around for...
578 47 24
Meet Ella Marcus, a young inconvenienced teenager who became what she didn't want to be at such a young age. Meet Gabriel Jerry, a teenage playboy wh...
1.8M 58.1K 40
❝What if I fall?❞ ❝Then I'll catch you.❞ ❝He was arrogant, obnoxious, funny, cocky, sarcastic, a know it all, a delinquent, a bad influence, yet kno...