Whirlwind | The Maze Runner...

By JazzBrylyn

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST... More

cast
My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain
TO DO: Learn Frypan's Real Name
An Alien In Our Backyard
Another One Bites The Dust
Am I Making New Friends? Part-1
Am I Making New Friends? Part-2
Harrowing Memory
Deadheads Mayhem
Showers Are The Best Place To Cry
Tonight On Dr. Phil- A TRAITOR!
Why Stealing Is Thrilling
Sliced Up Nick
Newt Gets Brownie Points
Would You Rather And A Whole Lot Of Meaningful Trash Talks
Wanna be Merida Of The Glade
And Then He Kissed Me
A Messy Situation
Jealousy Suits Him
Under The Million Stars
Day One As The Rookie-Runner
I Slept With Newt!
Nothing To See Here, Just Your Usual New Greenie
He Has No Idea Why It Is Him Who Babysits The Greenies
We Both Are Broken Souls
Running, Feelings And More
A Fully-Fledged Runner At Your Service
The Fucked Up World We Live In
Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap
When Bats Flutter In My Stomach
Trapped Out
Thomas And His 'Dead' Friends
The Grivers Are Players
Minho's Girlfriend Wants Us Dead
Florencia
Minho Being Un-Minho-ish
Gathering Is Freaking Chaotic
They Place A Bet On Us?!
The One Where Addie Gets Mad
Cliche Is Not My Forte
Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling
Great Minds Thinks Alike
Prepping Up For The Date
Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses
Thomas And Minho-The Maze Interior Designers
Grivers Into The Glade
It's Raining Glasses
Griver-Hole And A Wave Of Guilt
Meet Chuck- My Mom
The Creators Are A Big Bloody Pile Of Klunk
The Funeral
The Maze Gives Us Weird Words
The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty
When Our Names Are Not Our Names
Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions
Are We Going Home Now?
The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest
Sequel
THE SEQUEL IS UP

"I Adore You"

2.1K 54 22
By JazzBrylyn

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

ADELAIDE

I smile softly as Newt walks towards me, balancing two plates of food carefully. He hands me one and sits beside me. After my meltdown a couple of days back, I decided that it was best if I work my ass off until I get the way out of here and kill every single of those fucking Creators.

I know I won't move on. It would be insulting for Ben.I just want Ben's death to stay with me, fueling my drive to get out of here.

After ten days of being a Runner, running alone, Minho forces me to take a break. He says that it would be best if I take things slow, let my body adjust to all this strain.

Much against my constant disagreement.

So today, I am a Med-jack again. And Newt was very happy today. I know exactly why- because I'm not in the Maze. I know Newt is still against me being a Runner, but it's nice to see that he respects my wishes and doesn't stop me from doing what I want.

That is why I like him so much.

".. I mean, like bloody grow up. You are not kids anymore. And every time, it's Newt, this. Newt ,help with that. Come on!" he rambles on, as he waves his hand animatedly.

I smile as I munch on the cucumber slices. I like it how he comes up to me, talking about his day and rambling on and on. It is nice.

It is normal.

"They depend on you." I tell him. "And believe is or not, Alby is a jerk. And you are approachable."

"Hey, I see you two talking quite much now a days. And there is no throttle between you two too." Newt points out. I run my fingers through my hair, which is now tangled free and is open. I had just had shampooed my hair and right now, my hair and I both are in great mood.

"Yeah," I say, "He is more tolerable now-a-days. But that doesn't mean that he is Greenie-friendly, and like to help them. He still hates the Greenies and I'm not just one anymore."

"You do know about the kind of pressure he goes through."

"I do. And I do respect him for that. Greatly. That's the greatest job a person of his age can take. But yeah, he's irritable for that, and he takes it on the Greenies, which is not their fault. So, that's why," I twirl a strand of hair on my finger, "Everyone opt to go to the most approachable person ever. Who will not blow up on them."

Newt blushes and nod. "But that doesn't explain why they need my help every time."

"We are still kids. We shouldn't be doing any of these." I smile sadly as I remember my mommy's leafy green eyes on mine, her large, soft hands on my shoulders.

"Situation changes us. We are not in a situation to be kids. We are forced to grow up earlier." He says, as he pulls my legs up his lap, playing with the hem of my sweatpants. I nod, wiggling my toes.

"Do you think they are missing us? Our parents? Do they know that we are here?" I ask.

Is my mommy missing me? Has she got better? Has she reported to the police?

Or she knows that the monster I've become to be and that she's disown me?  Is she happy that I'm gone.

"I know that they are missing us." Newt pokes my leg, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Then why the hell are we still in here? Why isn't anyone saving us?

"Hey, we will get out of here." He smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"When?" I say, unable to stop my voice from breaking.

Newt drops his smile and take his hand into mine and lacing his fingers, squeezing my hand. I slowly inch towards him and sit between his legs. He immediately wraps his arms around my waist.

My safe place.

I put my head on his chest and he put his head over mine.

"We will get out. And then we can find our families and then we can stay with them all safe and sound." He says.

"I don't really want to get separated from you guys." I say. "I want all of us to stay together. All safe and sound."

He kisses the top of my head. "We will, love."

We sit like that for a long time. It is so peaceful. It is so nice, that I never wanted that moment to ever get over. I wanted to treasure these little moments with Newt forever with me, as long as I lived.

A monster like me, I never will deserve Newt.

(The following part has The Death Cure spoilers, so please please don't proceed if you haven't read the book. I'll be making the text bold where the spoiler is, so that you can skip that part and read the spoiler-free part.)

NEWT

As I sit with Adelaide, her head laying on my chest, and I laying my head on hers, I realize how lucky I am to have with me.

I realize how lucky I was that day, that I survived, that I couldn't kill myself that day. If I were dead, then I wouldn't have her  in my life.

This was one of those moments when I terribly wanted to tell her. To tell her everything that I felt. To ask her if she felt the same way for me. To make her mine and mine only.

 She has no idea how much I like her, how much she makes me smile, how much I love talking to her, how much I wish to make her mine.

A suffer wave of determination washes over me. I sit up straight. Addie looks at me with a confused expression.

"I like you, Addie. I've always had." I hear her breath get hitch. "From the moment you came into the Glade, I've always like you. I like your smile. I like your eyes- I have finally learned how to read them. I like every single cell of yours. It's not just a mere attraction towards your beauty. I like your soul. I like being with you, Addie and I would love to keep being with you. If you want me to. " I say shakily.

I meet her eyes determinedly, "I adore you."

She is the one who closes the distance between us. I feel her soft lips on my, fitting perfectly into mine, but then she pulls away, her face inches away.

My lips quirk into a frown, " Why did you stop?"

She meets my eyes, "I problem is," she cups my cheek, "if I kissed you, I don't think, I'd be able to stop."

"Then don't." I whisper.

I lean in and kiss her. And this time she doesn't pull away.

I snake my arm around her waist, bringing her closer to me. She wraps her arms around my neck, one is running through my hair and another, clenching my shirt, pulling me closer to her. I hear her sigh into my lips and smile. I smile back.

I bet I remember hundred things about her, but at this moment, I can't even remember my own name. I feel my whole body explode with as soon as our lips touched. It is like fire raged through my bones, like my soul had returned to the water.

I bring my hands to her cheek, my thumbs stroking them. I press our bodies together, not even leaving space for air between us.

My insides are bursting with endless fireworks. She touches me and I feel it, as if stars are dancing across my skin.

I was now complete.

We break the kiss, in desperate need of air. She rests her forehead on mine as we both try to catch our breath and calm our erratic hearts and looks at me, blushing and smiling away.

Smile looks great on her. She should do it often.

"We kissed?" She whisper, realization and shock evident in her voice.

"I've waited for that for far too long." I whisper honestly.

"You have no idea." She whispers back. We both don't move, both of our foreheads touching and nose brushing.

She kissed me. We kissed.

TOTAL WORDS-1320

A/N:

yeeeeeeeeee!!!!

ive waited so long for this kiss!!!!! my ship has finally sailed and now i can rest in peace!!!

please vote/comment if you've enjoyed this chapter, it would mean a lot to me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 9K 26
❝ Property of WICKED Group A, Subject A3 The Musician ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 1/3 ❩ She adapts, fights, and survives. She falls for a special someo...
561K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
30.3K 1K 54
When Antonia and her twin brother first come up in the box they both remember nothing. Upon arrival in the glade, they discover this is totally norma...
122K 3.6K 30
″ i knew it would all come crashing down when i came to the point where i would leave the whole world behind for you. ‶ [Winner of the E-Awards: "Be...