BROWN EYED QUEEN

By freakingchick

Revenge. The only word that's into her mind. All the way from New York, Vera Jean Moore came back to do her r... More

Brown-Eyed Queen
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet the Queen
Chapter 2: First Day Trouble
Chapter 3: Pretty Brown Eyes
Chapter 4: The Start
Chapter 5: She's Something
Chapter 6: No Ordinary Nobody
Chapter 7: Indirect
Chapter 8: Blood Fang Gang
Chapter 9: Met Again
Chapter 10: Bully No More
Chapter 11: Race Queen
Chapter 12: Ceasefire
Brown Note
Chapter 13.1: His Plan
Chapter 13.2: His Plan
Chapter 14: War of Hormones
Chapter 15.1: Saving Her Targets
Chapter 15.2: Saving Her Targets
Chapter 16: Doubts
Chapter 17: Shattered
Chapter 18: Worry & Tears
Chapter 19: Need You Now
Chapter 20: Frustrated
Chapter 21: According to Plan
Chapter 22: Reason
Chapter 23: Guilt
Chapter 24: Unexpected Truth
Chapter 25.1: Kill Bill
Chapter 25.2: Kill Bill
Chapter 26.1: Jealous and Anger
Brown Note (Must READ)
Chapter 26.2: Jealous and Anger
Chapter 27: Invisible
Chapter 28: Nightmares
Chapter 29: Sorry
Chapter 30: Darkground Council
Chapter 31: Illicit Battle
Chapter 32: Betrayal
Chapter 33: Condition
Chapter 34: The Deal
Chapter 35: Queen Versus Kings
Chapter 36: Unmasked
Chapter 38: Mortem's Rise
Chapter 39.1: Declaration Night
Chapter 39.2: Declaration Night
Chapter 40: Preparation
Chapter 41: B.A Night
Chapter 42: Ready
Chapter 43: It's Time
Chapter 44: Dealing with Death
Chapter 45: Facetime
Chapter 46: Fulfillment
Chapter 47: Hello, Mr. Demon
Chapter 48: Traitor
Chapter 49: Grudge
Chapter 50: It's Over
Epilogue
Author's Note + Announcement
Special Chapter

Chapter 37: Mafia Boss

35K 874 27
By freakingchick

Brown-Eyed Queen

Chapter 37: Mafia Boss

--

Tyrone's POV

Since I knew who's behind Queen's mask, I can't think right. Hindi ko pa din ma-sink sa utak ko na sya si Vera. Questions still bugging me and it's damn confusing.

"Tyrone. You're spacing out. Again."

Napailing na lang ako sa sinabi ni Warren sa likuran ko. Madalas kong nahahanap ang sarili kong tulala at iniisip yung nangyari nung nakaraan.

Nasa klase kami ngayong lima at wala kaming professor kaya kanya kanya kami ng ginagawa. Nakahalukipkip lang ako habang nakasandal sa upuan ko. Man, this is boring. Makaalis na nga lang. 

Tatayo na sana ako nang may biglang pumasok sa room namin. If I'm not mistaken, she's one of the faculty members of Business Ad department.

"May event na gagawin sa deparment. Magkakaroon ng B.A Night. At si Mr. Valton yung magiging representative ng second year level." she stated then she turned her gaze to me, "Mr. Valton, magpapasa ka ng form para sa event. You're one of the representatives para sa event. Kasama ka sa Mr & Ms. B.A."

Tss. Sinasali nila ako without my consent. The fuck. I snorted in an unlikely manner, "I don't care about that event." I stood up and placed my hands inside my pocket, "Go find another representative." I said before I left the classroom.

----

I went to Vera's class and to my suprise, she was not around. Where the hell is she? Or maybe she just skipped class. Well, I'll just see her in her vacant.

Time passed at vacant na namin at vacant na rin ni Vera at this hour.

"Dude!" someone called me. I turned to and it was JD. Dala dala nya yung gamit na iniwan ko sa room kanina. 

"Oh." sabi nya sabay hagis nun sakin. Nasalo ko naman yun. Naglakad naman ako papalapit sa kanila. 

"Has anyone of you saw Vera?"

"Dude, hindi pa namin nakikita si Vera simula kaninang umaga." -Axel

Really? Where could she be?

"Itanong mo kay Sena baka alam nya." Warren suggested.

"That feisty woman. Ayoko nga. I'll find Vera by myself."

***

Vera's POV

I'm here now at my Dada's office. I'm ditching my class for this. Black Mafia's transactions. Pinag-aaralan kong maigi kung anong magiging galaw nila. I need to look out for Dada's company. Si Mr. Blancard ngayon ang namamahala nun ngayon. The company needs to get back on track dahil maraming percent ng investors ang nawala nang mamatay si Dada. Good thing that Mr. Blancard handling the company. Imagining that I'm incharge of that too, it would be a bloody hell.

And the Mafia needs new boss dahil hindi sila makakilos dahil walang namamalakad. Mr. Blancard was Consigliere of the Mafia. Hindi ko pa nakikilala ang underboss ng Mafia. But still, hindi sila ang pwedeng gumawa ng plano hanggang walang boss because underbosses are just second in command. Some underbosses were trained to succeed the boss on the event of his death or retirement but on our case, it's not. Instead, the boss' granddaughter will take over.

Napasandal na lang ako sa sandalan sa swivel chair na inuupuan ko. Magulo ang mundong ginagalawan ko sa Darkground and to think I'll handle the Mafia, mas lalong magulo. Mafia is a large group of crime syndicate. It is nothing but crime, money, and power.

As far as I know about Mafia, it has six branches. The first and above of all was the leader of each Mafia Family which was known as the Boss. He made all the major decisions and all the Mafia income ultimately came to him. His authority was required to control the Mafia members and to resolve any disputes.

Beneath the Boss is the Underboss. He's second in command but the power he had varied with different Mafia Families. In some cases he wielded enormous power and in some he wielded relatively much less.

There is a position between the Boss and the Underboss too which is the Consigliere. He acts like an adviser to the Boss and is supposed to make impartial decisions based upon fairness and for the good of the Mafia. The Consigliere also acts like the mouth of the Boss often and commands huge respect just like the Boss. He is, however, not directly involved with the criminal enterprises of the Mafia.

Just below the Underboss are the Caporegime or Capos in short. The number of Capos varied between the families and depended upon the overall size of the Mafia Family. A Capo acts like a lieutenant or captain, leading his own section of the Family. He operates specific activities of the Mafia. A Capo is regarded to be successful only if he earns a huge amount of money for the Mafia. He keeps some of his earnings and the rest are passed up to the Underboss and ultimately the Boss.

Below the Capos are the made-men and soldiers. Made-men are the ultimate enforcers of the Family who have proved themselves and command respect from their fellow Mafioso. Mafioso stands for the members of Mafia.

Soldier's are the lowest Mafia members. They do all the dirty work and as such are generally the ones arrested by the police. Soldiers command little respect and make relatively less money. The number of soldiers and made-men belonging to a Capo may vary tremendously. 

The Mafia also use Associates. Associates are not actual members of the  mafia but are people involved with the criminal enterprises. The Mafia works through them. They may be drug-dealers, burglars, assassins, lawyers, or even police and politicians who are on the Mafia's payroll.

 That's all I know. Napatingin ako sa folder na hawak ko. Mafia needs a new boss as soon as possible. Kinuha ko yung phone ko na nakapatong sa mesa para tawagan si Mr. Blancard. I dialed his number and called him. After a few rings, he answered.

("Yes hello Lady?") he answered through the line.

"Mr. Blancard, hold a meeting at the company."

("Yes, lady. But with whom?")

"With the Caporegimes."

("Yes Lady.")

***

Third Person's POV

"Lady, here's all of your grandfather's capos." wika ni Mr. Blancard kay Vera habang pinapakita sa kanya yung hilera ng mga lalaking nasa edad trenta hanggang singkwenta na nakaupo sa swivel chair.

Hindi mapigilan ng capo's na mag-usap usap tungkol sa kanya.

"Good day to you gentlemens." bati ni Vera sa kanila at tumungo sya sa dating pwesto ng kanyang Dada sa pinakaunahan. She's wearing a black sleeveless dress with a black floppy hat on her head that matches her outfit with the capo's around her who's dressed in black too, "Gentlemens, I would like to say that I'm the one who will take over of my grandfather's throne."

"I understand that you're the granddaughter of our Boss. But you're only a nineteen year old girl. Mafia isn't just a group to lead. It isn't a play thing either." aniya ng isang lalaking nasa edad kwarenta.

"You don't know anything about leading Mafia."

"You're just a young girl."

"Don't just 'young girl' me. You don't know me." seryosong saad ni Vera habang nakahalukipkip.

"Then who are you?"

Bahagyang kumurba ang ngisi sa mga labi nya. Ito ang inaantay nya. Ang makilala sya kung sino talaga sya. "What if I tell you that..I'm the Queen of Darkground? Hm?"

Natahimik ang mga capo's sa kanyang sinabi. Hindi sila makapaniwalang isang gangster queen ang mamumuno sa Mafia. 

"Y-you mean Brown-Eyed Queen?" tanong ng isang lalaki na nasa edad trenta. Kilala din sya hanggang sa mundo ng Mafia. Nais syang gawing associates ng Mafia dahil sa mga gangsters para sa mga ilegal na gawain sa Darkground. Magiging malakas ang kapit ng Mafia kapag ganun.

Ngumisi naman si Vera at bahagyang sumandal sa kanyang inuupuan habang nakahalukipkip pa din, "The one and only."

Nagkatinginan silang lahat sa isa't isa at nag-usap usap. Maya maya pa'y nagtanguan silang lahat senyales na pumapayag sila.

"She's perfect for the title."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 14.6K 42
Behind her past there's a death awaits. COMPLETED/ BOOK ONE UNEDITED Written by :@GDlady Cover by: GDlady _____________ Highest rank reached #32 in...
31.3K 1.7K 52
Emanuella Malum, a human who has demon blood has to unleash the prophecy that has been predicted for a long time, in order to stop the evil doings of...
2.7M 71.6K 47
Eerrah Ferrer loves causing trouble to the extent, sending students to Hospital does not bother anymore in order to get another expulsion from her cu...
110K 2.1K 50
One Empress. One Traitor. One accusation. One revenge. Ellisse is a typical kind of student with an interesting past. She's a gang leader. A leader w...