Whirlwind | The Maze Runner...

By JazzBrylyn

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST... More

cast
My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain
TO DO: Learn Frypan's Real Name
An Alien In Our Backyard
Another One Bites The Dust
Am I Making New Friends? Part-1
Am I Making New Friends? Part-2
Harrowing Memory
Deadheads Mayhem
Showers Are The Best Place To Cry
Tonight On Dr. Phil- A TRAITOR!
Why Stealing Is Thrilling
Sliced Up Nick
Newt Gets Brownie Points
Would You Rather And A Whole Lot Of Meaningful Trash Talks
Wanna be Merida Of The Glade
And Then He Kissed Me
Jealousy Suits Him
Under The Million Stars
Day One As The Rookie-Runner
I Slept With Newt!
Nothing To See Here, Just Your Usual New Greenie
He Has No Idea Why It Is Him Who Babysits The Greenies
We Both Are Broken Souls
Running, Feelings And More
A Fully-Fledged Runner At Your Service
The Fucked Up World We Live In
"I Adore You"
Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap
When Bats Flutter In My Stomach
Trapped Out
Thomas And His 'Dead' Friends
The Grivers Are Players
Minho's Girlfriend Wants Us Dead
Florencia
Minho Being Un-Minho-ish
Gathering Is Freaking Chaotic
They Place A Bet On Us?!
The One Where Addie Gets Mad
Cliche Is Not My Forte
Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling
Great Minds Thinks Alike
Prepping Up For The Date
Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses
Thomas And Minho-The Maze Interior Designers
Grivers Into The Glade
It's Raining Glasses
Griver-Hole And A Wave Of Guilt
Meet Chuck- My Mom
The Creators Are A Big Bloody Pile Of Klunk
The Funeral
The Maze Gives Us Weird Words
The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty
When Our Names Are Not Our Names
Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions
Are We Going Home Now?
The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest
Sequel
THE SEQUEL IS UP

A Messy Situation

2.5K 62 27
By JazzBrylyn

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ADELAIDE

"Really? For real?"

He nods. A huge smile breaks into my face. I jump towards Newt, hug him tightly, place a quick peck on his cheek before I'd even realized.

When I step back, Newt's face is a red as a tomato and I can definitely feel my cheeks get heated.

"Whhhaaatttt???" Minho wails, "When did that happen? You two didn't wait for me??"

Newt goes even more red as possible and glares daggers in Minho who chooses to remain oblivious.

I just literally want to murder myself.

What in the fucking hell was I thinking?

Oh, that's right, I wasn't.

Alby coughs before speaking. I notice his cheeks have a faint glint of pink in them too and his eyes full of amusement as they flicker between Newt and me.

How can I be so inconsiderate? I had just broken Stan's heart. I'm such a slut.

"Minho, complete what you have to say to her." Alby urges the boy.

"Okay, so from now, you are an official Runner." he announces grandly.

"You all are not pulling my leg, are you?" I say as I try to push the major problem behind my mind for the moment.

Minho rolls his eyes, "No shuck-face, we're just inviting you to join the Griever kitty-party."

"I would really love to meet you Griever girlfriend. Remember? Jennifer?" I shoot back.

Minho smirks, playing along. "I know she's great. Loves me so much."

"Yeah. Match made in heaven."

"Just like the one we have in our Glade" he shoots back, smirking at my widened eyes. 

"So....." Alby says, trying not to smile. 

Wait. Alby? Smile? Alby and smile in one sentence? Never thought to see use that.

"You're going to work as Runners for 4 days a week and as a Med-jack for two days. For the first month. Jeff was adamant on getting to work with you. The Cooks and some from the Builders also agreed. Said, you were a great Med-jack."

"So? When do I start?"

"Now." Alby says. "Minho'll train you."

"Don't expect me to go easy on you, my Ally-Dally. I don't care if you are the only shucking girl in here, I'm gonna work you out until you klunk your pants." Minho says.

"Okay, Minho." I nod.

"That's King for you." He smirk.

I raise my eyebrow but repeat it anyway. Newt and Alby walks away and I stand with Minho looking down on me with a huge grin plastered on his face.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Newt glance back in my direction before walking away.

"Payback shuck-face.Gonna teach you a lesson for ignoring me for so long." Minho claps his hands. "For warm up.... Go around the Glade 30 times, after each lap, you'll give me 30 push-ups, 15 bicycle kicks, 50 jumping-jacks, 15 squats and 2 minutes of plank. And no complaints." I groan. Minho tsks. "Is that a complaint I hear? I think I'm gonna go and tell Alby that you're not up to it- poor Adelaide, she tried her best."

I glare at him. "I hate you."

He laughs. "I love you too."

I brace myself and sprint forward.

"Aaannnddd..... we're done." Minho says and I fall on the grass, sweating completely, gasping to get control of my breath. My body hurts, my joints pains and I feel that my limbs are falling off. That's fucking King Minho for you- more like 'Dick'tator Minho. He made me work non-stop, shouting at me to run faster. Minho's head appears before me.

"Satisfied?" I gasp.

"Very." Minho laughs.

"I swear...Tomorrow... you won't find.... your beloved hair... on you thick head of yours." He just laughs and walks off. I yell his name and he comes back. I raise both my hands. "Carry me."

"What? Why? No!"

"Not my fault. You worked me out all day. I'm fucking tired. Carry me."

He sighs and comes over and pick me up, and carries me bridal style. My breath gets knocked out. "Softer asshole." I punch him on his chest.

"Sorry, Princess Adelaide, your are free to get off this special carriage if you are not satisfied." I huff and don't say anything else.

I close my eyes in relief. A bloodied body. The body had a knife stabbed in its heart, till the hilt and it's lifeless eyes looking at me. The girl with that syringe. It's coldness.

"Remember Adelaide, WICKED is good."

I force my eyes to open and I feel my eyes stinging, ears buzzing. I quickly wipe my tears before Minho can notice.

"As much as I love carrying you." Minho says, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I would rather your boyfriend carry you."

"What? Who?"

Minho rolls his eyes. "Stop acting all innocent. Your little PDA wasn't exactly private."

I have no idea if he was talking about Stan or Newt.

"Elaborate what PDA you are talking about."

"Hello? Newt and you? You jumping on him and dry heaving?"

"Dry heaving?!  There was no dry heaving or wet heaving or heaving of any kind!"

"I saw it."

"You can't see it. It never happened."

"My supervision saw it."

"I hope you supervision can see that I will shave your head tonight."

He carries me over to the dining hall and gently sets me down on the bench. "I'll get you your food." Minho says and walk away to Frypan. He is such a sweetheart.

"Rough day?" Stan asks smiling, any trace of tears or sadness from earlier is gone. Thank god! 

 "Thanks to the slinthead over there." I jab my finger towards Minho.

Newt chuckle "So the training day didn't go bloody well."

I nod. I subtly examine Newt to see his cheeks still have that faint shade of pink and his eyes are brighter than usual, making his chocolaty eyes look creamier.

Maybe Newt didn't mind me jumping on him but I don't want to do anything that will hurt Stan. I can't just break his heart anymore.

Minho sits in front me as he tries to balance two plates. He sets one in front of me. Today it is noodles and meatballs. I quickly twirl the fork in the noodles heap and eat the noodles.

"I never had so much satisfaction in my life." Minho says smugly, running a hand through his hair

"I'll get you back for this, Minho. Say goodbye to your hair." I look at Newt, Stan and Chuck. "How do you think he'll look in a pink hair?"

" Then we have to call him flaMinho." Chuck says. I laughing, I lean on Newt's shoulder. Newt shifts slightly, his arm snaking around my waist and gently tugging me towards him. I slide towards him, already enjoying his warmth and his scent- damp soil.

My eyes meet Minho's and I know that he had seen it all. He wiggles his eyebrows while sipping water from his glass. I roll my eyes, praying that my flushed cheeks won't be noticeable to him.

"I could hug you, Chuckie-Duckie, but my hands hurt." I say.

"Speaking of hurt, my nose hurt because of your stench." Stan says. I playfully glare him and finish up my food and get up. "At least I'm better than Minho's Griever girlfriend." I retort.

Minho feigns  a hurt putting his hand on his heart. "How did you know about our relationship? It was supposed to be a secret."

I giggle, "Everyone knows that you go there and bang your girlfriend."

"You're the one to talk, Newdelaide happened and you didn't even tell me." He retorts.

Shit! No!

Everyone in the table gasp.

"It happened?!" Chuck squeals, shining bright as the midnight star.

"When?" Stan has a strange look on his face.

Newt's eyes drifts to mine and I look at Stan, who was staring at me with a hurt expression.

"Nothing happened. Cool your shucking panties." Newt says quickly, giving a dirty glare to Minho.

Minho then starts to dramatically tell Chuck and Stan the whole thing of me kissing Newt's cheek in front of him and Alby, over-exaggerating everything. Chuck hops in his seat, as if he is going to burst in excitement any moment. His bright, brown eyes is trained onto Minho.

"Minho! Please stop! It was nothing!" I say, hurriedly, my eyes drifting to Stan. I notice him rest his head on his hand, swirling his spoon in his soup, mindlessly, his brows furrowed. His posture is tensed and he has gripped his spoon tightly.

I didn't want to hurt him. I didn't want to mess this up.

I can feel tears stinging my eyes. I messed this up and it's all my fault.

"Stop it Minho!" Newt says stiffly, his voice harsh. "It was just a friendly gesture and nothing else."

"Come on, mate, Ally likes y-"

"No!" he almost yells. Everyone in the table falls silent. "It was nothing, okay! No one here likes anyone."

I take a big gulp, tears welling my eyes. Stan is angry at me because he thinks that I had made advances on him soon after refusing him. And Newt is angry with me because he thought that I liked Stan and that I had played with his heart.

I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of this to happen. I didn't want Stan to get angry at me. I didn't want Newt to get angry with me.

"Can anyone of you guys guard the door while I shower?" I meek, my voice surprisingly steady , as I gobble up the last piece of tomato.

I can't bare to stand here for one second.

"I could, I'm done anyways." Newt says stiffly but gets up. I don't want him to be near me but I don't say anything.

I do this every time I go to the bath, anyone among Newt, Minho or Stan guard the door. I know Gladers are supposed to trust each other, but I don't do trusts. I just can't. You trust people, they break you. But Min-Min, Stan, Chuckie and Newt are the people who I care for.

I and Newt walk to the bathroom in an uncomfortable silence. I see Newt not so subtly glance at my direction every now and then.

I want to justify myself. I want to tell him that nothing is going on between me and Stan and that I was only upset that he might think that I had not even waited for a few days before rejecting him and making advances on Newt.

I want to tell him that I like him only and no one else but I don't know how.

While walking down the bathrooms, there was this thick tension in the air. None of us are saying anything- perhaps both of us are waiting for the other to start.

"I...uh, I.. I'll ask Minho to stop his shuck talk, okay. You don't have to... endure this anymore." He says after a while. "This embarrassment." He mutters at the end. I clench my teeth.

"Please." My voice wavers. "Please. Don't."

"Please don't, what Addie?" he snaps at me.

"Don't draw your own conclusions. You don't know anything."

"I know enough. Hell, I've seen enough."

"You haven't seen anything. It was nothing."

"Yeah?" he puts his hands on his waist. "Tell me. I'm listening, tell me."

"Stan liked me okay? And I didn't, so he said he'd forget everything but he asked for one kiss. Okay, I kissed him! Because, I didn't know what else to do! He is my best friend and I had already broken his heart! I didn't want to kiss him but I didn't want to break his heart anymore. Then, immediately I mess up everything. And now Stan thinks that I'm a slut okay! I messed up everything!"

I wipe my tears furiously and walk away without waiting for Newt's reply.

I don't want to see them. I don't want to see any of them. I know that it's my mess and that it's me who has to clean it up but right now, I just want to be left alone.

I complete with my shower, and step out of my clothes and went towards the clean pile. I put on my undergarments and a track pants and a loose yellow shirt. I unlock the door and peep out to find Newt, leaning on the outer side of the bathrooms, gnawing his thumb nail away.

I come out, patting dry my hair and stand a little behind him.

"I'm done now." He nods but doesn't look at me. My heart falls as boiling anger rises through me.

"Why can't you look at me? Have I committed some kind of crime or what by not wanting to break someone's heart even more than I have?"

"Why the hell do you care what I think? Why does my opinion matters to you?" he snaps.

"Because you're my best friend okay?! Your opinion matters to me! You matter to me!"

"This is where the problem is okay?!"

"What is the problem?" I ask, my voice a lot softer.

"That I don't wan to be your best friend!"

My heart falls to my stomach and I can't cover the hurt features on my face. My breath gets caught on my throat, my eyes stinging.

"Then just say so! Why are you pretending? If you hate me so much then why are you always sitting with me, talking to me? You can man up and tell me that I'm not wanted!"

I run away to my room, leaving him there, sobbing all the way.

TOTAL WORDS- 2158

A/N:

sorry for this trashy chapter but i am having a major writer's block, my exams are going on and the ranking of this story is also going down.  though the views are going up, im getting absolutely little-none responses on this story and its like, really demotivating for me and i just dont know what to do. im an novice and maybe this is how it works in wattpad, i dont know.

sorry for the ramble.

please vote/comment if you liked this chapter, it would mean a lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.6K 30
″ i knew it would all come crashing down when i came to the point where i would leave the whole world behind for you. ‶ [Winner of the E-Awards: "Be...
561K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
89.7K 2.9K 24
❝ Promise me this If I lose to myself You won't mourn a day And move on to someone else ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 3/3 ❩ Everything is comi...
447K 11.6K 38
❛I know we're not everlasting, We're a train wreck waiting to happen.❜ Lori wakes up inside a grave, along with a body. Finally a boy helps her...