The True Archbishop of Envy (...

By LightUchiha7

This fanfic of the anime Re: Zero will show you a much more depressed version of subaru who is given the true... More

RE: Weakness.
RE: Freedom of a Nightmare
RE: A Deviated Path
(ARCHIVED)A Looping Nightmare
(ARCHIVED) Envy
(ARCHIVED) A Fated Meeting
A warning for further chapters
(ARCHIVED) The Past and Future
Continuation??

(ARCHIVED)My Final GIft

3.5K 66 34
By LightUchiha7

This fanfic is somewhat based on the Pride If of Re:Zero there won't be much web novel spoilers here yet but there will be )(this fanfic is also a test to see just how good I can do at writing the story with minimum research on the characters. Also, most of the story in this fanfic is made by me to attempt at retelling the Re:Zero story but how I would make it)

authors notes- I'm not sure how popular this story will get but I hope you can enjoy it

Also this is a romance of ram or pandora or both(I haven't decided lol) (no I am not a lolicon lmao)

CHAPTER ONE:

My Final Gift

"How long Subaru...(in the background the same words are said but in a different voice)"

"How long will you suffer here in this place...(in the background the same words are said but in a different voice)"

Subaru saw a silhouette of a woman and then saw long purplish-black arms slowly reach out and hug him. When she hugged him He suddenly felt stabbing from the inside of his body.

"With this... Save yourself Subaru... please (in the background the same words are said but in a different voice)"

op for the chapter

Subaru abruptly woke up out of his sleep from the bizarre dream he had. While looking confused, he lifted his head to uselessly check his surroundings that had stayed the same for god knows how long. He was chained to a wall in a "certain person's" basement. His body was extremely fatigued all over from the constant torment he received in the dark torture room he was in. The room was very dreary and had no windows, and the only thing Subaru could see was the light from the door that only came open when a "certain someone" came in to entertain herself with his body.

Subaru looked very frail and his body could be compared to a vagrant person who rarely had food to eat. All the nutrients in his body were gone and his body looked very similar to that of a holocaust victim of world war two. His hair almost touched his waist, was very black, and nappy like his hair hadn't been combed in years. On top of that, Subaru also had a very scruffy face, his face was very rough and contorted to look like something out of a nightmare. Due to several beatings and punishments as 'the woman' called them, Subarus face took the shape of an insane-looking man; he looked very unnatural with his chin and nose twisted in all sorts of positions. If you knew him and saw him on the street now you probably wouldn't even recognize him.

'Different dream tonight huh? I wonder who that woman was... and what was that stabbing feeling', Subaru thought. 'but thinking about my dream won't help me here anyway...'

Every day Subaru spent in this place, he thought about giving up and letting his thoughts drive him into depression. But he couldn't forget about her, Satella, She was the only person that Subaru really even thinks about anymore. His mind was so broken his parents felt like a figment of his imagination, it was almost like he had some kind of amnesia that made him forget what they looked like. It was frightening to him, he knew he had parents but the memories and experiences he had with them just weren't there. His memories were all clouded with his "love" for 'Satella' and his hatred for 'the woman' who beat and tortured him here. This all led Subaru to only care about one thing now, to see 'Satella', this was the sole reason Subaru wasn't driven insane at this point. In his thoughts 'Satella' looked like a goddess to him, her pale rosy like skin, her silver hair, her elf ears he remembered everything about her. Every time he felt like dying and giving up he dreamed of her voice and could hear her crying for him and saying "live" or "don't give up". These messages were the only thing Subaru had all this time he was alone. Although what he didn't know, today would be the last time he'd ever hear 'Satella's' voice.

'I SHOULD HAVE JUST RAN AWAY!!' Subaru thought insanely. 'i could have been with her that way-' he started to cry.

Subaru ached to scream, but his voice wouldn't come out of his mouth.

'Oh that's right' Subaru remembered how "that bitch" cut his tongue off. He was so angry that he grinded his teeth together just by remembering how she took two of the only things he still had in this place, his sense of taste and his ability to talk.

It wasn't just his tongue either; he was missing several of his fingers and toes; in fact, you could count the number of fingers and toes he had and you'd count only fifteen. Other parts of his body were completely dismembered or permanently damaged as well, one of his ears were cut off, his jaw had been broken for a long time now, and just yesterday the woman cut open his ribs and did a 'surgery' on him just to hear him groaning in agony, and Subaru wasn't even sure he'd be able to walk if he did get out somehow.

'I could just.... give up...' Subaru thought while struggling with his chains. 'but then how would dying and suffering so long for her be meaningful anymore...'

He'd been questioning his goals and the meaning of living all this time. Subaru was starting to finally reach his breaking point; this place was starting to drive him crazy. But then-

"Don't die, live"

Subaru remembered the words of 'Satella's' voice in his dreams. 'Live for what, there's no one left out there... there's no one left to give a shit about me'

I'm alone and disowned by this world. there isn't a single thing alive in this room to hold me or care for me. the plants don't even grow here anymore' for some reason, Subaru was extremely sad that the plants didn't grow into his room anymore. You could say Subaru had gotten an unhealthy attachment to the plants since they were one only things Subaru could see through his doorway. He had truly fallen into depression.

"Live for me, Subaru" Subaru heard a voice call out to him. He looked up at the figure that stood in his dreams. Subaru gasped when he saw her

Satella reached out her hand and touched Subarus face and softly rubbed his cheek. She looked at the state he was in and began to sob at the sight of her beloved being treated in such a manner. Even though she saw watched every moment of his torture she still couldn't believe how injured and broken he was.

Satella rubbed the tears out of her eyes and stopped crying and then looked at Subaru with teary eyes

"I love you, Subaru"

Subaru couldn't believe what he was seeing. This person in front of him looked identical to the 'Satella' he met in the capital, but for some reason, he could tell this wasn't her. The woman who looked at him had the same silver hair, elf ears, and even the same face as the girl he met in the capital. However this girl was different; she gave off a shadowy, dreary, and hopeless type of feeling to Subaru. He felt like he needed to run away from her immediately.

But at that moment Subaru realized what the witch said to him and the words finally came through to him. 'she loves me?' Subaru thought as he repeated the words that she said to him over and over in his head. Subaru finally heard the words he endured so much torture to hear. Subaru started to cry tears of joy when he heard what the witch said. Finally, someone accepted him enough to love him. At this point, he didn't even care why the witch loved him at all.

"Subaru, you were there for me when I was lonely, you kissed me when I was all alone, you showed me the outside world, Subaru... you showed me the light" Satella said while stroking Subarus sobbing face in her hands "now I will return the favor... It might seem a bit selfish Subaru, but I want to give my all to you ... and to do that I have to I must-" satella cut off her sentence and nervously averted her eyes from Subaru.

Subaru was shocked at what the woman said. she'd just met him and now she was telling him that she was going to give everything to him? But at the same time, Subaru thought that the woman cared about him and she meant every word she said. He knew their connection was genuine somehow even though he had never seen this person in his life. 'she must have an ability similar to mine' Subaru thought. After thinking about that he had nothing but respect for the witch because he knew what it was like to die and be the only one who remembers the relationships he had.

"Will you let me die for your sake Subaru?"

The witch of envy saw the look on Subarus face when she asked him that question. It was the look of a conflicted man who just had a terrible burden placed on him. She knew if he accepted her proposal he'd feel responsible for her death, face many trials, and become very depressed like she was, but she wanted to at least do this much with her life. Ever since she became a witch she's regretted every decision she made up till now. However, Satella knew one thing, meeting Subaru wasn't a mistake, everything he's done for her made her think her life wasn't so bad. Nevertheless, without the seal that was placed on her, existence is pain. Even if she was just placing her burden on another person she knew deep in her heart Subaru was the right person for her authority; she knew if anyone could overcome the potency of the envy authority it'd be her beloved.

"You don't have to worry about me, Subaru. I've lived far too long already" the witch smiled at Subaru and rubbed his long nappy hair (Think about how long Madara's hair was). "All I want is for you to leave this place and find the person you love... even if it isn't me." Subaru started to cry as Satella said that line. She rubbed away his tears and repeated what she said before again"now will you let me die for your sake, Su-ba-ru

Subaru looked at the witches face in amazement at how serious she was about saving him.'She really wants to save me huh?' Subaru thought.

Subaru let his mind wander to all the times he cursed himself for being too prideful in the capital. Every day all alone in this room, he always wondered what his life would be like if he never tried to fight 'the woman' so many times by himself. Would Subaru be happy? would he be in a relationship with 'Satella'? Or would the result stay the same in any route he took? Subaru didn't know. All he knew was this woman was going to give him a second chance at life in this world that abandoned him and left him in this dirty room; he wouldn't let the resolve of someone like that go to waste. Even if Subaru couldn't return the feelings she was so strongly placing on him, he'd definitely accept them. So with those thoughts deep within his mind, Subaru nodded his head with all the strength in his body at the woman.

"I see." Satella averted her eyes a little but then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and when she opened them she stared intently at Subaru with a deep shade of red on her face. Satella thought she was prepared for this but how wrong she was.

When satella saw Subaru nod at her question she was filled with extreme happiness in every pore of her body so much that her other half wanted to squeeze Subaru to half to death. However, in accordance with the contract she just made with Subaru she had to control herself.

"Su- Subaru this might tickle a little but in order to give myself to you we need to make-. " satella averted her eyes from Subaru again but soon after she turned to face him again to finish her statement "I need to make direct physical contact w- with our DNA"

'Huh what does she mean by DNA?' Subaru thought. He couldn't really grasp the whole situation here; losing most of his memories of his past made him forget what could happen in a situation like this. However, even if Subaru did have his memory's he probably wouldn't be able to predict what would happen next.

In the next moment, satella moved her face towards Subaru in a kissing motion and kissed Subaru with the best kiss she could give. The kiss would have looked disgusting from anyone's point of view, it almost looked like Satella tried to eat Subarus lips, but to Satella, the kiss they shared was eternal as it would be the last one she'd ever have.

Satella moved away from Subaru slowly after kissing him and placed her hands on Subarus face gently. "Subaru I've done all I can now... the rest is your decision now, remember whatever path you choose with this cursed power I fully support you." Satella ended her sentence with a fake smile. Although soon after that she felt hazed and dizzy and fell into Subarus arms that had fully healed along with everything else on his body.

Subarus' body was clothed with a long purple cloak that seemed to have an eerie blackish-purple smoke that came off of it. Using the strange power from this cloak, Subaru caught Satella before she fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry-" Subaru was about to finish his sentence before Satella put her finger to his mouth.

"No. I don't want to hear an apology, I didn't give you my authority so you can cry to me about it. All I want to hear is a thank you" Satella said in a very raspy voice as her body had already started to fade from existence.

Subaru looked at Satella very concerning, but he already knew what was happening to her because her memories were being transferred into him and he knew there was nothing he could do to stop her consciousness from flooding into him

'Satella, so that's her name... that makes a lot more sense now... ' Subaru thought in a very frustrated tone "Thank you Satella, I'll do my best,''' Subaru said as he started crying over the witch whose body had already faded from existence.

"DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!" Subaru said angrily with tears in his eyes as he punched and shattered the floor beneath him. However, Subaru did not even a second later mourn over Satella, as he felt the worst pain he ever felt in his life. Very slowly, his hair changed from black to silver, both of his eyes changed color to red. Although, the worst part of all this was his insides felt like someone put him in a blender and sliced them into juice.

"AGHHHGHGHH!!" Subaru felt so bad that he started to claw at his stomach and started to bleed just to hinder his pain even a little. However there was no stopping this process, and Subarus pain only got worse from there. It started to feel like another version of himself was trying to pull its way out of his body. "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!" Subaru said, "Am I dying?!" "What the hell is happening?!" As much as Subaru groaned and screamed the pain didn't stop, and this same pain went on for two days. (To get a brief perspective of how much pain Subaru is in, think of how much pain mothers are in during childbirth times 1000) as the pain and strange cloak disappeared, Subaru fell into a deep sleep...

Authors notes

Subaru calls his torturer "the woman" because he hates her so much and thinks her name shouldn't be said or even thought.

The next chapter will be a prequel explaining how subaru was kidnapped and brought to the torture room and also a sneak peak at the the official new chp

If you have any other questions feel free to comment

Please leave a positive or negative review or even a rating. This is my first fanfic and I want to see how good I did.  

Shout-out to a friend who helped me get started on my fanfic @theBBEG 

Here's his fanfic 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/234194036-re-starting-the-zero-mortal-plan-from-zero-dragon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706K 16.7K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...
854K 45.3K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
228K 22K 55
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
183K 8.1K 59
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...