A SECOND CHANCE OF LOVE

By moonsun_light0726

Karla Estrabao, the heir of Estrabao TechGroup, 18yrs of age when she left LA leaving her stable life to feel... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Final Chapter
STORY UPDATE!!

6

197 15 0
By moonsun_light0726

"MILA," Normani called to Camila when she found her in the office of the mansion where Sinu sometimes stayed every time she stayed at the house, hoping to see Camila there.

"What is it?" Camila asked without looking at Normani.

Normani approached the large oak desk and handed a folder which Camila accepted when it finally looked at her, "that is the list of the intern students that the ETG will accommodate."

Camila opened the folder and scan each page, she smiled when she saw Ally and Dinah's name and also Justin.

"Your woman's name is not there, she already chose by the Grande Firm."

Camila closed the folder and handed it back to Normani, "it's okay Mani, I just wanted to know if Ally and Justin's name are there, I didn't expect that Dinah's name is there too on the list, you know that we prioritized those Computer Engineers, IT and other computer related courses," and she raised her left brow, "you didn't say something," and she chuckled when she saw her blush, "you had a crush on Dinah, aren't you?"

"Don't tell," Normani quickly said after accepting the folder and she heard Camila laugh she felt her face heated because she's been burned out by Camila, "I found her gorgeous when I saw her from the field of your former school, wearing its jersey uniform while waiting for them to talk to me, I want to see her again, that's why."

And Camila smiled, "no need to explain Mani, do what you think is right."

And Normani nod.

"I'm letting you welcomed them," and she saw her nod again, "are they the first batch?"

"They're the second batch."

"I see, take care of them Mani, the expenses of it put it on ETG's account."

"Okay, I leave now."

And Camila nod then Normani left, closing the door to that large office. She sighed when she remember Lauren, she shook her head and went back to her paper work that Normani handed to her. Lauren is happy now with Brad and their baby, she must not interfere.

**

LAUREN stared at her wallpaper on her phone, it was her and Camila, she knew that she needed to sleep because tomorrow is her flight to LA and to Grande Firm for her internship. She can't sleep, she also stopped expecting to receive a text from Dinah or Ally about Camila's whereabouts because as the communication services said, the number is no longer available, it might be broken or throw away on the trash bin since they didn't receive information about the number anymore. About the pager number they found it on one of the condominium near Miami U, they asked information about Camila but the manager didn't let them get it because they respect their customers privacy and the said condominium is high class and the only thing he said is that she lives alone and on the day she left a woman was with her. They now knew that Camila isn't originally from Miami and where she came from that they didn't know. But she still expect that someday she will saw Camila again and hoping that the brunette will never forget about her, about them and also she hopes that Camila is still available because this time she'll be the one who do the courting, she'll be the one who do the chasing and once she took hold of Camila, she'll never let her go once again.

**

LAUREN was saddened because she can't go with Dinah and Ally on the same plane though the two aircraft is from ETG, without them she'll be lonely much worse once they started their internship. The two planes arrived at LA International Airport, the trio promised to call each other since once again the service is separated.

On the day of the internship, Ariana Grande welcomed them at the Grande Firm, they evaluate each interns, the top intern will have a special seat at the Grande Firm, an immediate access to work at the firm without any interview to pass, just passed the requirements and they will automatically hired. Lauren was nervous and hopes that she get the top intern. She decided to work in LA after her graduation, Camila is not in Miami anymore so she will try LA, but before all that, before finding Camila she will get the top intern.

On the other place of LA, at ETG, Ally, Dinah, Justin and other interns from Miami U was welcomed by Normani Kordei. They  were toured around ETG and found the company exciting to work at. Dinah was not paying attention to the welcoming part instead she was more focused to Normani, meeting her in personal is heaven and she knows that Normani feel the same too.

And then one of the interns asks.

"Ms Kordei, I think I already saw you in Miami U."

"Oh, right, yes I went there, Karla Estrabao, the CEO is exploring around US and found Miami U, she said nothing will lose if she tried so I went there to talk to your directors, ETG is opened to all countries that's why."

"Okay, Ms Kordei, sorry for asking."

"Don't worry about that, let's continue."

Ally on the other hand began to think if Normani is the same person that Justin saw that took Camila's school papers so she nudge him.

"What is it?" Justin whispered.

"Is she the one you saw that took Mila's papers?"

"I don't know because it's not me that actually saw the woman that took Cabello's papers."

"You said that you saw her."

"Only her back and it's far away, I really can't tell."

Ally just sighed, she was about to ask Dinah but her tall friend was on cloud nine so she sighed again, she can't get anything from this tall woman for now. Based on her looks she really was in love, it's not crush anymore, but love.

**

ALLY was still fuming because even until now she can't reach Dinah, the tall woman is still on cloud nine even when they went home to one of the hotels that the ETG talked to that will welcome the interns of Miami U. So she get her laptop and call Lauren, after a few rings it answered her.

"Hey Alz, how's the welcoming?" Lauren greeted.

"It's good, the staffs were amazing."

"Hm really, but your face didn't tell a single thing that it was good, I wonder if it's true, what's the problem? Where's DJ?"

"She's the other reason why my face is like this."

"Why?"

"Normani Kordei," and she heard Dinah giggled and she sighed, she heard Lauren chuckled, she's sure that Lauren heard it.

"Looks like it's not crush anymore, she's still on cloud nine."

"Back to the problem, one of the intern, he's an IT I think, said that he saw her in Miami U."

"Woah, really? The secretary will really take the time to travel to Miami?"

"See? That's what I'm thinking, I'm not convinced Laur."

"Are you trying to say that this Normani is the one who took Camzi's papers?"

Ally was about to answer when Dinah said.

"Don't make my Normani a liar," and she moved to the laptop showing her face to the camera and said, "Ralph, my Normani already explained that the CEO, you know Karla, was exploring US and found Miami U, she said that nothing will lose if she tried, Ralph, Karla is trying to find some students, you know fresh ideas."

"You're saying that because you're a marketing," Ally said pushing Dinah away.

"Rude much?" Dinah pouted.

And they heard a voice saying room service.

"Go take our dinner, you didn't help of finding Camila."

Dinah rolled her eyes and stood walking towards the door.

"Laur..."

"Alz, DJ has a point actually, we can't assume things, did you ask personally the person who saw the woman that took Camzi's papers?"

"No, he didn't mention anything aside from what DJ said."

"I really wanted to see Camzi too you know but I will tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Ms Grande said to us, the top intern will had a privilege to work at Grande Firm without going to any interview, a special seat Alz and I'm planning to take that top because I'm planning to stay here in LA after graduation."

"Really?" Dinah asked when she looked at the screen again pushing the food cart, which their dinner is there.

"Yes, DJ."

"You're really sure that your parents will not approve of you?"

They both saw Lauren nodded.

"They followed that belief strictly and besides Camzi is not in Miami anymore, I will find her, I will try here first, if I didn't see her here then I will move to the other country, I will not stop until I find her."

Dinah and Ally stared at each other then back to the screen.

"We're planning on it too, actually," Ally said.

"Yeah, Ralph," Dinah agreed.

"DJ here will stay because of Normani, I will stay here because working in ETG is my dream."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Shut up, DJ."

Dinah rolled her eyes then said, "we'll help you find that pipsqueak."

"DJ!" Ally scolded.

Lauren chuckled, "thanks guys."

"We'll support you."

And Lauren smiled at the support of her friends.

**

THE trio did well on their internship. Lauren was happy because she was chosen as the top intern after the secretary of Ms Ariana told them the result and its award as promise and it means once she passed her board exam and be a CPA she'll be automatically hired at the Grande Firm. It did well too for Dinah and Ally. They went back to Miami with smiles on their faces.

"Ally and Dinah made it," Normani delivered the news for Camila.

"That's good to hear, I kind of expected that they will make it."

"Yeah, I already give the forms to them, for now only Dinah quickly signed the form and give it back to me since she didn't need to take the board exam, after her graduation she'll fly here back to LA and begin her job, to Ally she'll need to take the board as well so I let her keep the form, she'll signed it once she got her license and she promise that she will."

Camila nodded, "I know that."

"As for Lauren..." Normani stopped when she heard a groan so she looked up and saw Camila held its head, "CAMILA!"

Then Camila passed out.

**

"THE pointers that Mila handed to me is a big help," Ally said with a sigh of relief.

That day is the last day of their exam 3 weeks after the internship, the department gave them time to study and 3 days from now they will see the results and will be posted at the bulletin board in each respective department.

"That's good," Dinah said settling herself down on the bench.

"GUYS!!"

Ally and Dinah looked up when they heard Lauren's shriek fast approaching them.

"What's up with you?" Dinah asked, confused.

"Look!" and showed the white envelope to Dinah and Ally, "my professor give it to me after I took the last exam!"

"What is that?" Ally asked.

"Oh no, is that..."

"YES!"

"OH MY GOD!!" Dinah and Ally shriek and pulled Lauren for an embrace.

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you!"

"Hm looks like someone is happy."

"What are you doing here?" Dinah asked to Justin.

"DJ..." Ally said.

"Just asking, so?"

"Fine," and he sat at the bench, "I will add some for your celebration."

"What is it?"

"Ally and I's professor told me that Cabello got the top rank of the exam in all Engineering Department."

The trio are happy of the news but at the same time saddened because Camila is not there to celebrate with them.

"That's good to hear," Ally said.

"Yeah," Dinah and Lauren said at the same time.

"Are you not happy for Cabello?"

"We're happy but she's not here to celebrate with us," Dinah said.

Ally and Lauren nodded.

"We still need to celebrate for Cabello."

And the trio nodded.

"Tell us more, what score did Walz achieved?"

"98.9, we have 6 subjects in all, 3 of them Cabello perfected, there's two 297 then 298."

"300 items?!" Dinah and Lauren asked amazed.

"That'll be 1,800 items for all our 6 subjects," Ally explained.

"What about you Ally?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know yet, remember that Mila took the exam early."

"Yeah and here's what we amazed most, Cabello only spend 6hours for all the subjects! It means on those 300 items she only spend 1hr each! Can you believe that?"

"You're lucky, Ralph."

"What do you mean?"

"Your future wifey is incredible! She'll be surely the Magna Cum Laude in our batch, that's for sure."

Justin nodded, "yes, probably, because only this batch got the score above 98 because in the previous batch, 93 is the highest."

"Walz break that record."

"And she can be a President of a technology company."

"Greater than ETG," Lauren agreed continuing Ally's sentence.

Lauren and Ally made a high five.

"I will surely apply to Mila's company."

"Me too," Lauren replied with a smile.

"Don't forget about me," Dinah said.

"I'll go too."

"Shut up, Justin, I know why you want to apply because wherever Ally go, you will go," Dinah huffed.

Justin blushed, "uhm—that's the other reason and besides I wanted to help Cabello back for all the things she'd done to me since from the beginning, it's payback time."

And the trio sighed at the same time.

"Again?"

"Shut up, Justin," it was Ally who said it this time.

**

AS what the trio expected it was Camila who got the Magna Cum Laude rank that's been delivered already to Camila's guardian. The trio frowned when they heard the word guardian does it mean that Camila is an orphan? But they heard her say about the father waiting for her at home. Did Camila lie to them?

On the other hand Lauren was nervous because after the graduation ceremony when they got home she come out to her family.

And as what Lauren expected her dad and her sister, Taylor couldn't accept her sexuality well except for Chris, her older brother supported her and her mom doesn't know what to do. Her parents kicked her out of the house and told her not to come back anymore and forget that she had a family. And Chris advised her to let their parents for awhile and Taylor to cool their heads off as of now then she will try again. She shook her head and said to her brother that she will leave Miami and she's tired to go against what she really wanted, her brother nodded and gave him extra cash for her beginning. She thanked him for all of his support and promised not to miss their communication to each other and she agreed. She called Dinah, big duffle bags on her shoulders and told her about what happened, Dinah and its family accepted her and continued the celebration of their graduation.

The trio quickly planned to fly back to LA and start anew there so after a month of preparation and planning they went back to LA. They decided to share an apartment and chose a place that the ETG and Grande Firm are near. They found an apartment, 3 rooms with each bathrooms and one living room adjoining the kitchen, the apartment they found also had another room where they can do the laundry and hanged their clothes. They quickly took it because it's much better than the others plus it's only 15mins away from ETG and 20mins away from Grande Firm and the security are great.

Dinah called Normani and told her the news that they're already in LA. Normani told her to process her requirements immediately so she can start the work as soon as possible because peak season is nearby and she's needed so she agreed.

While Dinah processed her requirements Ally and Lauren is focused on their upcoming board exam.

After 2 weeks Dinah completed her requirements and today is the day that she will passed her requirements to ETG.

"Why are you nervous, you're not going in an interview, Normani already told us that," Ally said when she and Lauren saw Dinah pacing back and forth inside their shared apartment.

"Yeah, DJ, what's the matter, only you have to do is pass your requirements that's all, you're acting like you're next in line in a death row."

"You two will not understand," Dinah whined, continuing her pacing.

"Care to explain, so we can understand you?"

Dinah sighed and finally stop, "because this is the day too that I will finally meet the CEO," and she raised the volume of her voice, "I meet Karla Estrabao now, she'll be the one who will welcome me personally! They do the private inauguration to her last week. She's been there for 1 month now, two months after our internship."

Ally and Lauren gasped when they heard it, especially Ally.

"Really?" Ally asked in an excited voice, too bad she can't celebrate it personally with Justin, her boyfriend now who is working at New York, another branch of ETG.

"Yes, Normani told me when I called her that I already completed the requirements, because tomorrow is my first day at ETG."

"They really need people that badly?"

"Yes, Ralph, because the peak season is near," "so you better be quick on your exam, Smallz."

"As if I can make it quick, but it isn't."

"I'm nervous."

"Don't be," Lauren said when she approached Dinah and embrace her, "you can do it, just be yourself and you'll be fine, trust me."

"Yeah, biggy."

And they do a group hug.

"Good luck!"

And Dinah nodded.

**

DINAH took a deep breath when she's in the front of ETG's entrance, shoulder bag on her left then the envelope of where her requirements' being placed safely.

"Okay, I can do this," then she walked to the entrance.

The security quickly let her in since Karla Estrabao is expecting her today she then receives an instruction of where to go and she followed that instructions.

Dinah jolted when her phone rang, she took it out of her pocket and saw in the screen that it was Normani so she answered it.

"Hey..."

"Looks like you're nervous."

"I can't help it."

"Don't worry you'll be fine, I will meet you at the entrance of the presidential floor, okay? The security will tell you what floor it is."

"Yeah, I have it here now, thanks."

"You're welcome."

Then the call ended.

After a few seconds the elevator halted and its door opened, a smiling Normani greeted her with an embrace.

"You look good today."

"Thanks," she replied in nervous.

"Come on, let's go, Karla only had few minutes to spare because at 8 she had a board meeting, she hates to be late."

"She's okay, right?"

Normani smiled, "don't worry DJ, just be yourself, you'll be surprised," then Normani move to the right side of the twin glass door.

"What do you mean?" and Normani just smiled at her.

"You will know when you stepped inside," and she pressed a button on the board panel, "Ms Karla, Ms Hansen is here now to meet you."

"Let her in, please."

Dinah furrowed her eyebrows because that voice is so familiar.

"Copy, Ms Karla," she raised her ID and swipe it to the side it made a beep and then the glass door ajar, she opened the glass door, "come on now, DJ."

Dinah nodded and followed Normani inside.

Another glass door was present after the first glass door but this time the inside of the office is clearly visible. Normani pressed a button on the right side then opened the door for Dinah.

"I'll see you later," Normani whispered, "just be yourself okay?"

"Thank you."

Then the door closes.

Dinah took a big gulp, the chair was facing the large glass wall so she can't see Karla, she approached the large glass desk. She saw the glass name plate on the centre stated: Engr. Karla Estrabao and below is: Chief Executive Officer.

"A pleasant morning to you, Ms Karla," Dinah greeted after taking courage.

Dinah was sure that her world stops spinning when the chair moved and turned around to face her, her eyes widened when Karla faces her.

"Good morning, Dinah."

Dinah's mouth hanged open.

Karla stood and took a step towards Dinah, "I know, I have a lot of explaining to do, to you guys, forgive me..." and she stopped when Dinah pulled her from embrace and she hear her sniff.

When Dinah pulled away, she punched Camila on the stomach.

Camila or Karla groaned, "I knew it..." she said while holding her stomach.

"You bitch, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry..." and she took a deep breath.

"Walz!" and she embrace her again then pulled away, "fuck Walz, I didn't know that you're Karla Estrabao and you're the CEO of ETG."

"I'm only the CEO because I'm the heir, come on, I only have 5mins to talk to you," and she moved to the comfortable couch then she took a seat, lifted her leg and hang it on the other.

Dinah followed, "so, Sinu Estrabao is your mom."

"Yes, she is."

"I'm sorry about your mom."

"Its okay, Cheechee."

"Damn I miss hearing that, so what's the score, what's your real name?"

Camila nodded and leaned forward putting down her right leg, "before when my Mami and Papi broke up they come up with the name of Camila Karla Estrabao Cabello, that's me, that's my name when Mami give birth to me, but they broke up when I was 4, they took a divorce, Mami was so angry to Papi and kicked her out of the house because instead of taking care of me he chose to leave and went to casinos, gambling, they got divorced after that, when I was 6 Mami decided to changed my name to Karla Estrabao and warned me to never use the Camila Karla Estrabao Cabello ever again so I followed."

"But you use Camila Cabello in Miami."

"Yeah, because I wanted to be free once, I know using that name will let Mami lead out of where to find me."

"You left?"

"Yes, you'll be suffocated too when all you need to do is study and trained martial arts."

"That's why you knew how to fight?"

"Yes."

"Damn..."

"I originally from here, born and raised."

"Why you left? You never even bothered to say goodbye to us though you left a letter but it's not enough."

"I need to and Mami needs me, Normani told me that Mami only have days to live so I spend most of my time with her."

"I see."

"I'm sorry..."

Dinah shook her head, "I kind of understand now, actually, so it's Normani who took your papers."

"Yes, she's my guardian."

"I see, Ally is right, then."

"I miss her."

"Do you miss Laur—" and Dinah wasn't able to finish her sentence when they heard a voice.

"Ms Karla the boards are already in the conference room, waiting for you."

Camila stood and went to her table, she pressed a button on the intercom and said, "got it, give me a minute."

"Copy, Ms Karla."

"Our time is up," and she turned on her computer thru the glass desk.

"Wow..."

"Expect that DJ," and she manoeuvre the automated glass desk, contains computer, then she flip it towards Dinah, "that's your contract, Normani will assist you to everything you need because tomorrow you will start your work here, from IDs, HR... everything."

Dinah nodded, "do I need to use pen?"

"Just your index finger, your name, signature then hand print."

"Why you automatically hired me Walz?"

"I didn't Cheechee, even though you didn't see me, Normani reported to me from time to time, you and Ally did a very good job during your internship, the marketing department is eager to work with you because you're an excellent worker, because of your intellectual skills, strategies, planning, you have it, that's why I hired you and you highly recommended by the President of the Marketing Department, believe in yourself more, will you?"

Dinah nodded.

Camila handed her hand then said, "welcome to Estrabao TechGroup."

Dinah accepted it and briefly shook Camila's hand, "thank you and good to see you again."

"Me too, we'll catch up next time and please don't tell Ally yet."

"Okay, but expect another punch from her."

"I already am."

"So, what will I call you?"

"I really hate it since we're friends but okay, call me Ms Karla when we're in the inside of the company, they don't know the name Camila Cabello, when there's two of us, just like before."

"Okay, then and we're professionals now."

"You're right."

"Ms Karla, then."

Camila smiled, "let's go, I need to go to the conference room for the meeting."

Then they stepped out of the office.

Dinah and Camila once more embrace each other before Camila left. She sighed while looking at Camila's back, she don't know what to think at that moment, Camila seemed so close but she's far away. She got taller too, just a few centimetres.

"Your eyes are watering."

"Oh," and Dinah quickly dried her eyes, "I just couldn't believe that I can see her again, we miss her you know, Ally, Lauren and me, especially Lauren.

Normani nodded, 'if only you knew DJ...' "come on, let's go, we need to start your orientation and everything."

"Okay."

Dinah was eager to tell Ally especially Lauren that she found Camila but she didn't, she respected Camila's decision which now her boss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 125 16
Lauren Jauregui is an orphan in one of the city in Spain and was later adopted by the middle-aged man named Steve Cabello when she was just 6yrs old...
1.1K 25 7
Lauren Jauregui is a 20 year old agent hired by Karla Estrabao's father to be her bodyguard. Karla is a famous actress in Hollywood. Even though she'...
86.6K 2.3K 25
Camila and Sofia Cabello move out months after their parents' death. They always lived at Miami, but now, with the money earned from the house, they...
10.2K 116 40
When Camila's mom decides to move to Miami for a big opportunity job.Camila didn't like the idea at first because she have her friends and she loved...