Children of Darkness (Soul of...

By LunaRoAC

[HK/Undertale Crossover] For ages, the Void godness has to sit and see how her multiverse was fill and filled... More

Voidverse
Blind Creator
The Plan
The Other Side
Separated
New siblings
Void tears
Deepnest and the Beast
Crystals and Kings
Helltale Copy #43
Parallels from another time
A little problem
Spiders
The Father of the Abyss
One-sided Tragedy
The Last Ones
Void Communication
Undertale: The First Universe
Love for the Dead
Pain for the Creation
Endless Thoughts
Too Little (Too Late for Regret?)
The Butterfly and the Moths

The Ambrush

3.1K 170 101
By LunaRoAC

The portal leaves them in what at first seems like a desolate wasteland, surrounded by piles of rocks, almost as if someone had tried to make a fighting arena and the rocks were the spectator seats.

And Error and his brothers were the main act.

It was a trap.

Of course it was a trap, and even with the guarantees and warnings of his mother, even when he knew that something bad (and something good) was going to happen as soon they enter the small copy, Error still feels like an idiot to enter in such an obvious scheme.

He could even feel Ink's smug even when he couldn't see him and already want to punch his stupid face.

The portal closed behind them, and without see them he already knows that the rest of the Gang was already preparing themselves for the attack.

(There was so many souls and a part of him was already anticipating what was coming).

As if summoned, Ink comes out from behind a pile of rocks, Dream and Blue following shortly after, a determined look in their faces.

Beside him he could feel Nightmare tense at the sight of the Positive Guardian and Error instinctively placed himself in front of him, even when the other was taller than him, it was the intention that mattered here.

If this was the last time he and the Gang has to deal with these idiots, he would made sure that Dream would never get the chance to tried "mending" the things with Nightmare one last time (not that he would even consider in at this point of their lives, not when the promise of freedom was finally in their reach).

Dream wasn't going anywhere near his brother; (he already has his chance of being Nightmare's brother all those years ago and throw it away by believe those villagers over him).

Dream just look irritated when he sees him in move, but remain silence, just waiting for the creator to talk first.

A few moments of silence happen (and more and more Judges stop hiding) before the Creator talk.

"Error! your days of terror and senseless destruction end today! I'm not going to let you left this AU until you surrender or die, this is your last chance to stop your genocide ways and prevent all of this". The last part of his speech more out of old habit than believing that Error would really stop if asked

So, that's why his next words threw him off as soon Error spoke.

"...Okay, I'll stop destroying".

Error could see the moment his words registered in the minds of his enemies (and could feel the anticipation from his allies grow as the void began to be feel in the code of the copy). "But you are ignoring something important Ink...".

This clearly wasn't going the way Ink expected and it shows. "A-And what's that?".

"Even if I stop destroying AUs or not... doesn't change the fact that I will never stop being your enemy" Drawing his threads from his face came natural as always as he looked at the artist, a smile growing on his face. "Because I hate you, and although I know that stopping destroying would make you happy, knowing that even with that they will never be on your side ... that my brothers will never go to your side, that is enough for my void soul!"

It was as if a switch had been activated.

As soon he stopped speaking, Ink's eyes turned red, Dream looked ready to kill him and Blue seemed to trying to keep up with everything he had just said, always more ready to fight before thinking.

(He remembers one time when he was not like that, before he met his brothers, before he attacked Underswap for a forgotten reason, Blue once was as kind as Papyrus)

(Not anymore, remember resets do that to kind souls).

He had no more time to think that when Dream immediately started attacking him.

The void grew stronger as it absorbed every one's magic in the copy.

S̶̰̅o̸͍̓ǒ̷̩n̵̥͐

----------------------------------------

How dare he?!

Dream just could feel anger as he attacked to the Destroyer, the only obstacle he had to bring his brother back.

HIS brother, not the Destroyer's, how dare he to try to replace him in the mind of his little brother?!

(He ignores the voice in his head that tells him that he never tried to fit in that role before Nightmare ate the apple in the first place, that voice was wrong and Dream was to prove it).

A familiar tendril stopped his attack and soon found himself fighting against Nightmare.

"Brother! Please stop this madness, whatever that monster has told you, they're nothing but lies, please try to remember who you really are!" Trying to reason with his brother was normal for him, but this time he tried even harder, it was obvious that his brother's mind had been altered by Error if he really believed that that murderer was his brother. "I'm your brother, not Error, you are better than this, please let me heal you brother!".

He knew now that trying to get him out of the Destroyer's manipulations would be even more difficult than the corruption of the apples, but he swore by his mother that he would not leave this AU without Nightmare. And he would bring him back to his senses.

His pleas seemed to affect Nightmare, the Negative Guardian stopped and looked at him, his tendrils kept attacking anyone who tried to attack him by surprise, but Dream allowed his hopes to rise at the conflicted gaze in his face.

The illusion was shattered when he felt an attack coming from behind, he had been attacked by Horror enough times to be able to distinguish the sound of his axe falling, he barely dodged it.

"You really don't understand, do you? You stopped being my brother in the moment you called me a liar when I told you about the villagers". The conflict had disappeared from his brother's eyes, now there was only a cold determination. "Error don't needed to tell me anything to be with him, when are you going to learn, I DISOWNED YOU, WE AREN'T RELATED, YOU'RE NO BROTHER OF MINE! NOT BEFORE AND DEFINITELY NOT NOW! ". And with that last cry Nightmare launched himself to attack him.

The pain he felt in his soul after those words prevented him from feeling the growth of something that was not negativity but something much thicker.

J̷u̴s̷t̴ ̴a̶ ̴l̶i̵t̶t̶l̴e̶ ̷m̵o̸r̶e̸.

------------------------------------------

The void infected every code that insidious copy had, Void was happy that Fate's spawn brought all the copy Judges of the multiverse, the magic she needed for her plan to be successful came to her void even faster that she thought would do, the words of his child were enough to bring his enemies to attack with even more power let her to absorb more magic.

She felt her void leave the multiverse, the universe that Destiny had chosen to leave her children was in her domain, a universe where a fate seemingly written in stone could be broken with the flutter of a butterfly, Fate's threads had no power there.

She herself had spent months checking the place, and she discovered from that that another God Void existed in the place, older than her but that had not awakened until shortly before she began to see the universe and although the idea of giving her children to the older god bothered her, she knew that he would see them as his children as much as she did.

Everything having void was theirs to protect, theirs to take care of.

She knew that the other god would take care of her children as if they were his, just as she would if the circumstances were reversed.

And with that in mind, he got to work, Destiny would take care of distracting Fate while she would create a hole between the multiverses, although Void considered it unnecessary.

Fate and her brat could have overridden her ability to control what Universes existed in her multiverse or not, but that didn't change the fact that it was her multiverse.

She just need magic of others for her children could cross across both multiverses safe (and a little help to them to mix better in the new world).

And as soon as her younger children were safe, away from Fate and away from the blind people of the multiverse, she would remind her who this multiverse belongs to.

After all, Reaper had already waited long enough to take revenge on those who, directly and indirectly, had taken his soulmate away from him.

She could feel the magic of his sons go down, using their strongest attacks, but not enough, they knew they needed to drain their enemies' reserves before delivering the 'final blow'.

Void knew that Ink had some kind of obsession with her Universe with all his attempts to replicate it, she knew that the souls of her children intrigued him.

How would the artist react if he saw that same soul in Error's chest?

It was petty, but his son really wanted to rub that little fact in Ink's face.

Fate's son did not have a soul and Error possessed the kind of soul that he had obsessed over since he discovered them.

(The structure of the copy had already been consumed by her void, the only thing maintaining it up was her will to keep it existing and the beings in it alive).

I̵t̷ ̷w̶a̵s̶ ̵t̵i̷m̷e̴.̷

-------------------------------------

Ink wasn't sure what happened.

In one moment, he was attacking Error (how that murderer dares to reclaim his creations as his?!) and the next he couldn't move.

It wasn't Error's strings (but everyone else were capture by these, when that happen?), it was something else, something bigger, something stronger, was in the AU, more power than he never felt before.

A part of him was tell him to run, run, stay away from it, run, hide.

A louder part of him tells him to stay, protect your friends, protect your creations-

The sound of laughter echoed through the AU.

The sound of laughter echoed through the AU as a hideous black substance, even darker than the very corruption that covered Nightmare, began seeping through the ground.

"HAHAHAH! Mama's here!" Dust's voice had more feeling in that simple sentence than in all the other times I've ever heard him speak.

And did he just say "Mama"?

Tendrils of darkness (void, his mind provided, that's void, run) began to swirl in front of Error and the rest of the Gang, slowly beginning to dissolve the ground beneath them.

None of them seem concerned about it, in fact, they even seemed eager for whatever was going on.

Soon, something that looks like a portal was form by the tendrils.

When Nightmare do a step towards the portal, a portal made of void of all of things! Ink didn't think before do something.

"STOP!" His magic was too low, the reach of his blue magic didn't stop Nightmare to jump into the portal.

His magic reach Error's soul instead at the time Dream screams.

And the world feels freezes for him.

Error's soul wasn't white.

(Error has a soul).

(Killer jump, Cross right behind him)

Error's soul was darker than the souls of any of his creations.

(Error has a soul with color of the ones in Undertale).

(Dust jumps along with Horror and only one Dark Sans remain).

Ink's eyes didn't apart from Error's chest, the screams of his allies around him at being thrown in non-void portals (probably made by Error) completely ignored by him.

"Do you like it, Squid?" The destroyer's voice was full of pride and smug, his soul was damaged, cracks barely healed cover it, but he still show it like it was the most beautiful thing in the multiverse (and for Ink, it was) and Ink was completely sure that that was an Undertale soul. "How do you feel at see me, the bane of your existence, having something that you could only wish for?"

His voice was barely a whisper when he asked. "H-how?".

Error's smile just grown bigger, with the blood of all the injuries Ink made him during the battle, it looks even crazier than usual. "My mom, my creator, the true owner of this rotten multiverse sends her regards, and I, I say goodbye and I hope I never have to see you again!"

With that last words, the Destructor let himself fall into the portal, that closed after that.

The AU began to crumble around him and Ink force himself to open his own portal to flee from there.

When he landed on his Doodle Sphere, he didn't get up for a while.

The world as he knew it has just been transformed without him being able to do anything to stop it.

He didn't think he would like the new image his mind formed at the new information that had just been thrown in his face.

---------------------------------------

The void around them was warm.

It was just like being held by the loving arms of their mom (mama) mother and they didn't wanted to leave them.

But the world wasn't fair and they knew that and those arms left them go.

The void around them (inside them) changed, still warm but it didn't come from they mom (mama) mother, they could still hear her voice, saying how much she loves them (another voice said that with her, the other voice sounds kind), how much she was going to miss them...

The last thing they heard from they mom (mama) mother, was an apologize.

Then, the pain begins.

And another kind of darkness surrounds them.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Edit: Gramatical mistakes has been fixed. Thank you so much to MDaPlayer for pointing it out to me!

Finally! We're finally going to Hallownest!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 1 5
An Undertale Multiverse story focusing on Nightmare's gang. This story follows the formation of Nightmare's gang and the challenges they later face w...
1.7K 104 21
After falling into the void, Erratum lands in a different multiverse. He saves two little babybones from the clutches of Gaster, and meets the protec...
898 62 6
what if there was more to Error Sans than meets the eye in this multiverse? What's his reason for destroying AUs? what about the voices inside his o...
80.3K 3.4K 43
"This is how it came to be. And now I can finally show you." I say to...myself? "Error, there is no time for this!" Ink screams at me. It's weird bei...