Built for Sin

By writeforher

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. ..⃗. ☁️ 𝐒𝐡�... More

Disclaimer
AESTHETICS
Lorenzo's Note
Prologue | Where it Started
1 | Rain
2 | Catch Me If You Can
3 | Gangsters
4 | Buttering Him Up
5 | Omertà
6 | Touching Her
7 | Bullet
8 | Cannabis Kiss
9 | Care
10 | Cigarettes and Daydreams
11 | Marriage
12 | Honeysuckle Honeymoon Pt. 1
13 | Honeysuckle Honeymoon Pt. 2
14 | Raccoon
♡ Fallen Angel ♡
16 | Criminal
17 | Dick Piercing
18 | Grunting In The Bathroom
19 | Warm, Fuzzy, and Hungry for More
♡ Other Half ♡
21 | Family
22 | Betrayal
23 | Revealing Secrets
24 | Different Side of Him
25 | Catalina Is A Genius
26 | The Bird Is Free From The Cage
♡ "You make this hard" ♡
28 | Confiding In Him
30 | Her Scars
♡ A Naughty Present ♡
32 | His Secret Will Be The End
♡ Personification of Sin ♡
♡ The Story of The Little Kitten ♡
35 | Innocent Smile
36 | Lovers Reincarnated
THANK YOU
37 | Bittersweet
38 | This Is Love
39 | Miffy Cookies
40 | Up in Flames
41 | The End Of Us
42 | Femme Fatale
43 | Ace Of Cards
44 | Built
♡ For ♡
New Story, Red's POV
.
Hi

29 | Giving My Heart Away

40.7K 1.1K 2.1K
By writeforher

Long and very important
chapter up ahead.
Enjoy, my loves.

L O R E N Z O

"I sent ten men out. Only one arrived. Am I to believe that the other nine disappeared into thin air?" I kept my voice low, calm, and collected as my finger ticked on the edge of my table.

"Sir, it's odd, truly, but we don't know what happened."

"Do you want me to do your own damn job?"

"No sir, we'll figure it ou-" I hung up on him, not having the time to listen to the meaningless apologies that would later spew out of his mouth.

"What crawled up your ass and died?"

"Marco, you sound more and more white as the days go by," Rocco teased, taking a swig of his whiskey as his eyes scoured the floor for a certain stripper he had taken a liking towards.

"We are white, dumb bitch."

"We're European, there's a difference; we actually use seasoning."

I tuned out their bickering and twirled my ring around my finger, much like what Catalina tends to do.

"Simpo over here is internally crying because he misses his little baby," Marco teased me with a baby voice, his fist coming around to punch my shoulder.

I remained still. "Something changed. Catalina is all shy now and she stopped doing her usual weird shit."

"Probably that kiss y'all shared, smooch smooch."

My eyes darted onto Paolo, eyebrows lifting in surprise. "How do you know about that?" I had never mentioned it so that must have meant he had talked about it with Catalina.

"Sweets kept skippin' around the house saying, 'I kissed shortcake, I fudging kissed him,' over and over again. She also said some shit about a to do list and licking you."

My lips twitched up in amusement, making me lift my glass of whiskey so that I could hide my expression and possible blush. She's so cute.

"Paolo, Rocco, you still have to manage the shipments and follow through with the Russians deal."

"Yeah, yeah, we're going." I watched the two of them down their drinks before leaving.

"Why didn't you tell me you kissed her? I thought we told each other everything. I just don't mean that much to you anymore, that it?" Marco sounded disappointed and it made me feel guilty. We did tell each other everything but I didn't want to share what happened with Catalina, I wanted to keep it to myself.

Walking about of the club with Marco alongside me, we got into my car and drove off to go home. Excitement coursed through me because I actually had somebody to go home to. I was so happy to see her.

"Are you going to say anything? You're always quiet."

I tightened my hand around the steering wheel, trying not to snap on Marco. "Why didn't you tell me about Leo? I thought we told each other everything," I threw his own words right back at him.

He choked a bit, coughing with surprise. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do" My foot stepped on the gas with a heavier foot, making the car speed up. I was frustrated and that he didn't feel like he could come to me about that.

"No, no I fucking don't," he strained. I noticed how his hands were trembling, it made a pang travel through my heart. I didn't want Marco to be nervous around me, his best friend; we were practically brothers.

"Right."

"Yeah, it's fucking right." Marco's voice cracked, his tone not coming out as harsh as he wanted it to.

Parking on the side of an empty road, I turned off the car and got out. I opened the door for Marco and patiently waited for him to step out.

"I didn't mean to overstep," I started. "But you can tell me if you're-"

"No! I'm not gay. I'm not. And on top of that you think i'd be interested in Leo? Are you alright in the head?" I feel like i've just been hit in the gut by Marco.

Its silent. The sounds of our voices being absorbed by the surrounding snow that made everything sound even more quiet. I don't know whether or not I want to punch, kill, or hold the shaking man in front of me. But despite what he just said, he's still my family and he's still my best friend.

"Marco."

"No," he snapped. "I'm not, i'm not," his voice painfully trembled and cracked, making it hard for me to believe him.

"It's alright," I interjected, not wanting to push him too far.

"I'm- i'm not g- gay. I'm not- not-" A sob breaks through the thick air, not allowing him to finish his sentence. And that was enough to tear me into pieces.

Moving towards him with urgency, I huddled Marco to my chest and wrapped my arms around him securely. At this, his cries only intensify. He attempts to speak but it quickly dies down when another chocked sob rakes through him.

Shaking my head against him, I try and fight back the pain I feel for him. It hurts me so much that he feels like this, like nobody will accept him. Although i'm sure that my second-hand pain is nothing compared to what he's currently feeling.

"I'm sorry- sorry, please don't be angry." I watched him hold back his cries as they freely streamed down his face.

"Fuck." I deeply exhale, realizing that Marco genuinely thought that i'd be angry with him. "Stop, how could you think that?" I rubbed my hand up and down his back in an attempt to calm him down.

It's quiet. Neither of us move and we remain still. I watch him push away from my hold and step back, his hands tugging at the roots of his hair. "Why can't  I be fucking normal?!" He yelled, kicking a piece of snow off the side of the road.

"You are normal," I assure him as I pull him back into a hug and kiss the top of his head.

"No, i'm not. I'm not. I'm not. I'm gay, do you know how fucked up that is in our lifestyle? I'm horrible-"

"Stop that. There's nothing wrong with you. This is you, accept it." I tried to sound as soft and comforting as possible though i'm sure he noticed the harsh sternness to my tone.

His sobs are loud and heartbreaking as his tears bleed through my shirt and dampen them. "I don't want to. I don't. I don't. Nobody is going to love me, nobody." I felt my eyes water as my heart broke for the man in front of me. He doesn't deserve to go through this, Marco is a good man.

"Look at me, you deserve love and you will find it. This doesn't change how much I love you and this doesn't change who you are- I said look at me, dumbass." Theres was a lighter tone to my voice and it made the both of us laugh.

"I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to apologize for, stop it, alright? I love you no matter your sexuality so shut up."

"Thank you."

"I'm going to go back inside the car now," I say.

Marco rubbed his face with his hand. "Alright, I just need to straighten myself out. Give me a minute."

I snickered, "Yeah, straighten yourself-"

Marco punched me in the shoulder as laughter flew out of his mouth. "Shut up."

Getting back in the car, I dragged my hand through my hair and tugged at the roots. All four of us go through our own shit and sometimes we get too caught up that we never take the time to help each other out. But ever since Catalina we've been more in touch with our emotions. It's nice.

"I'm going home to see her for a bit and then i'm off to go fix the issue with Gio."

Marco drummed his fingers against the door handle and chuckled. "You are so fucking whipped."

I didn't say anything because I already knew that. I'm whipped, so fucking whipped.

With my thoughts and insecurities regarding Catalina taking over my mind, I hit my hand against the steering wheel. "It's been a week, almost two, and she's changed. She doesn't bite me like a weirdo anymore, she doesn't call me shortcake, she doesn't give me hickeys, and she doesn't kiss me. She's so- so shy around me and acts as though she's ashamed of something."

Marco sighed, "We've all noticed. It might've been the kiss, probably made her shy and what not."

"No, that's not it."

"What happened when you came back home then?"

She talked about what she went through with Finn. I knew how hard it was for her to talk about it and yet she still did it, she confided in me. I felt incredibly special that she decided I was worthy enough to know of something so dark in her life.

"Oh."

"Well?" He pressed.

"Nothing. I want all of us to go to the lake house tonight and spend christmas there." I had already gotten gifts for Catalina and I couldn't wait until I gave them to her.

"Sounds like fun. Is uh-"

"Yes, Leo is coming."

I parked my car in the garage and the both of us began to make our way up the elevator.

Trying not to seem so giddy, I typed in my code and opened the door. The scent of vanilla and strawberries was the first thing to hit my nose as I stepped forward.

"Love?" Marco called out, making me glare at him. Annoyed, he rolled his eyes at me and mouthed 'really.'

"Erm- uh- hi. Yeah," Catalina's soft voice brushed our ears. She slowly walked to the front door and nervously stared at the floor while she fiddled with her fingers.

"I made you guys strawberry shortcake cupcakes." I felt my heart stutter at how adorable she was. There was flour on her nose and all over the pink apron she was wearing. Her hair was tied into a low messy bun and shorter pieces framed her face. She looked so angelic.

Walking over towards her, I pulled her smaller frame into mine and hugged her. Catalina shyly pushed her face into my front and hesitantly wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Hi baby."

"H- hi. Hi." Her words stumbled over each other.

"You good?"

"Mhm, you?"

"Now I am." I laced my fingers between hers and enjoyed the way her soft hand felt against my own. The size difference was noticeable and I found it cute.

As we walked up to our room, I broke the silence, "We're going to my lake house today and spending the next week or so there. Are you alright with that?" If she didn't want to go then i'd have to come up with something else to do for Christmas but then again, even if she didn't want to go she'd never say anything about it.

"Of course I am."

"Alright then, let's pack a bag for you, yeah?" I brushed my thumb over the back of her hand and took her into our closet.

Just as I was about to grab a duffel bag for her, she grabbed onto the bottom of my shirt, making my attention direct back towards her.

"Yeah?"

"Can I- uh- can I use your pajamas instead of mine? They're comfier and smell like you. Oh wait, that sounds weird. Not that I smell you like a creep- that's a lie you smell really good so I can't help myself. Yeah."

I couldn't hold back my laughter as her cheeks turned pink, the adorable blush returning back to her face. "Take whatever you want, what's mine is yours."

She bit her lip and stared at the ground, nervously tapping her fingers together. My eyes traveled down to her soft lips and I wanted to kiss them, again; I wanted to devour her because I was hungry for her.

"How 'bout we go try the cupcakes you made and then come back and pack your bag? Would you like that?"

At the mention of the baked goods she made, her eyes widened with interest. Catalina grabbed onto my finger and dragged me out of the room as she excitedly rushed down the steps, pulling me behind her.

When we walked into the kitchen, the sight of Marco with frosting over his lips and two cupcakes in his hands made Catalina giggle.

"Do you like them?"

"They're so fucking good, christ." He picked up another cupcake and ate the strawberry that was thoughtfully placed on top before scarfing it down whole.

Taking a seat on the island stool, I pulled Catalina on my lap and dragged the tray of strawberry shortcake cupcakes over towards us. She picked one up and turned her face so that she could look at me. With a prominent blush stalking up her neck and to the tip of her ears, she placed the cupcake in front of my mouth.

Looking at her straight in the eyes, I licked the frosting. I noticed the fact that she was now wiggling on my lap, I hated it when she did that because she didn't even know what she was doing.

"This is really good, you're a great baker," I praised, finishing the cupcake.

"Thank you."

"Somebody crack a window open." Marco leaned over the counter and dramatically fanned himself.

"But it's snowing outside, you'll get cold," Catalina thoughtfully mumbled and she grabbed a cupcake and poked her tongue at the swirly frosting.

I love her dimples.

"The tension, love, it's making me hot."

She pushed herself closer into me and murmured  something incoherent. "Should we go pack?"

I twirled a piece of her hair around my finger, mindlessly getting caught up in how perfect she was. "Yes, but can I kiss you?" My mouth spoke before I could process what it was that I had said. She was rubbing off on me, good and bad.

"Like on the- um- on the cheek?" Her eyes widened when she realized what she had said. "The face cheek, right? I didn't mean my patootie. I mean-"

I shut her up by placing a deep kiss on her forehead, drowning in her cuteness and my scent. I had bought her plenty of shampoos, conditioners, and body washes that I thought she'd like better but she continued using my products, saying that I 'smelled like heaven on earth.'

"You're beautiful."

She put her hands on my forearms that were wrapped around her waist and leaned her head down onto my chest. "You don't need to be so kind to me but thank you, you're also very beautiful."

"Let's go pack then, alright?"

"Uh yeah." Much to my disappointment, she hopped off my lap and began to make her way to our room, but not after she hurriedly ate another cupcake.

I began to filter through clothes and nearly choked when I found a lacy red underwear hidden in my sock drawer. Fuck. I'd love to see her in this.

Twirling the thin fabric around my fingers, I found myself cringing. Who the hell bought this for her? I sure didn't.

"Is this yours?" I held the thong in my hand, showcasing it to a profusely flustered Catalina.

"Uh- um- no. That's yours." She was being serious, not hint of sarcasm being detectable in her tone. Damn, she was a shitty liar.

"Yes, because I secretly enjoy wearing thongs in my free time." I quirked an eyebrow up, on the brink of breaking out into laughter.

"Thank you for telling me, i'll keep your secret safe." She pat me on the head and tried to walk away.

"Not so fast," I pulled her in by her waist, "Who bought this for you?"

"Marco. He said that I should wear it for you." I could feel myself blushing at what she had just said, the image of her in the thong running through my mind. "He also bought me a bunch of others like that. I tried to wear them but they're not that comfy. You can try them on, they feel weird and I end up with a wedgie."

"W- why are you laughing?"

I hid my face behind my hands in an attempt to muffle my laughter and hide my burning cheeks, this was too much. "As tempting as the offer is, i'm going to have to pass up on it. You stay here, i'll be right back." I ruffled my hand on the top of her head and left the room, closing the door behind me.

"Marco!" I yelled, cracking my knuckles.

"Cosa vuoi?"

What do you want?

"You fucking bought her lingerie?" I watched him hold up his hands in surrender.

"Before you decide to go crazy, let me explain."

"No." I breathed deeply through my nose in an attempt to calm my nerves.

"Do you know why I refrained from buying her lingerie? I didn't want her to feel objectified and like she had to wear it. What's worse is that you said she should wear it for me, do you know how that's going to make her feel? No, you don't, because you're a fucking dumbass."

"Hey, hey, I merely suggested the idea as a joke. I wanted her to feel confident and good with herself, that's why I bought it. Chill out dad." He took the last cupcake and got into the elevator, leaving.

I wanted that cupcake.

I had been driving for the past four hours and the cloudy sky morphed into a dark, starless night. Catalina eventually fell asleep as she snuggled up to a fuzzy blanket that had pink hearts all over it.

As I cruised down the road with the boys following behind me, my sleepy girl began to whine and whimper in her sleep. Alerted, I reached my hand over and rubbed it up and down on her arm.

"Enzo?" She groggily said, her voice drenched in sleep.

"You okay?" I took short glances at her to make sure nothing had happened to her and that she was still safe.

"Mhm, thank you."

Lightly chuckling, I said, "Stop thanking me for everything, alright?"

"Sorry." Stop apologizing, idiot.

Running my hand through my hair, I groaned, "Stop apologizing."

She brushed her cheeks against the fluffy blanket, her lips tilting upwards in content. "Sorr- okay."

When I pulled up in the drive way, Catalina's eyes shined with excitement. "This place is beautiful, beyond stunning."

Once I parked at the front, Catalina stepped out of the car. I knew she was going to open my door so I got out before she could.

While making our way to the front door, Catalina walked with wobbly legs. The sight would have been amusing if I wasn't concerned for her.

"Hi! Aren't you guys cold out here?" She asked four of my guards at the front door. They looked at her with raised eyebrows and a neutral expression, not giving her the slightest hint as to how they felt.

"Essere gentile con lei."

Be nice to her.

All four guards shook their head no at Catalina. Just as I was about to lead her inside, she gave me an awkward, toothy smile before ducking under my arm and giving her blanket to one of the men.

"I don't have four blankets, I wish I did, but you guys could- um, share?" They looked at her in bewilderment and I simply shook my head, grinning at how selfless she was. I love it. A lot.

"Darling, they're wearing lots of layers and it's their job, I wouldn't let my men freeze to death."

Sheepishly, she looked down at the ground and nodded her head. "Right, sorry." I simply shook my head and lead her into the lake house. I'd talk to her about apologizing later.

"Enzo."

"Princess."

She turned around and hid her face behind the long sleeves of our hoodie to hide her blush. Cute. Patiently, I waited for her to compose herself as I pulled a couple of water bottles out of the fridge.

"I really like this place, it's so homey," she sighed out contently, shuffling her feet in place.

I handed her a water bottle and smiled, "I'm glad you like it." Our eyes remained fixated on each other, neither of us breaking the stare until we heard the yelling of the boys stumbling into the house.

"Let's get this party started, whoop! whoop!"

"Idiot, I told you not to let him drink the whole bottle of tequila by himself."

Leo shoved Marco and laughed, "Shut up, would you." I found myself hiding a smirk when I saw the two of them being playful with each other. Marco deserves somebody to love him; I hope that little shit doesn't do anything to hurt him.

Catalina instinctively stuck herself to my side, making me want to squish her there and keep her glued to me forever. So damn cute. She was trying her best to remain angry with Paolo and Rocco because they had killed her pandas, our pandas. Time and time again the both of them tried everything to get her to forgive them, even going to the extent of winning every single panda from the exact stand she had gotten Mr. Chubs and Captain Rogers from. Though, she held her ground. I had a feeling she wasn't actually angry, she simply enjoyed getting them worked up and doing things for her so that she'd forgive them. 

"You still not talking to us, then?" Rocco leaned against the aged-wood counter and quirked a brow at Catalina.

She tugged on the bottom of my sleeve, making me lean down so that she could whisper in my ear, "He killed our pandas and then laughed."

I smirked, placing an arm over her shoulder. "No, idiot. You killed our pandas and then laughed."

A drunk Paolo came yelling into the kitchen with tears streaming down his face. "Sweets! Oh, sweets! Please forgive me already, it's been- party time." He grabbed a water bottle off the counter and then chugged it, completely forgetting about what he was talking about. That water should sober him up.

Leaving everyone to do whatever, I gave Catalina a tour of the place. When she wasn't humming to herself or mumbling words of awe, she was complimenting the Christmas decor all while avoiding eye contact with me.

A whole hour had passed by the time we made our way back to the main living room; everybody was seated on the couches and watching a horror film. Marco and Leo were cuddled up together. Paolo was leaning back on the couch, sleeping with snores coming out of his open mouth. And Rocco was doing push-ups on the side, soft grunts coming out of him as he counted in Italian.

Catalina went from my side to moving behind me, surprising me by wrapping her arms around my waist and stuffing her face in my back. I put my hand over hers and brushed my thumb against the back of her palm, basking in her warmth that sent chills through me.

"Wanna go lay on the couch?" I brought her around so that her back was facing my front and then I put her sock clad feet over mine so that we could walk to the couch at the same time. This caused quiet laughter to bubble out of her and it made me smile.

Taking a seat on the couch, I pat the area next to me. Catalina sat too far away for my liking so I had to pull her to my side and wrap a protective arm around her.

Naturally, she relaxed against me and sighed.

I wasn't paying any attention to the movie as my eyes remained on the angelic girl beside me. I found myself completely in awe of her beauty, both inside and out. When I realized that I was full out smiling because of her, I quickly covered it up. Whipped motherfucker.

Reluctantly, I forced my eyes away from her and diverted my attention to the horror movie in front of me. I was doing alright until Catalina's soft laughter filled the air, making me look at her to see what she was laughing about because this movie was fucking scary. Her eyes were directed on the couch parallel to us, where Marco and Leo were sitting. The both of them were tickling Paolo's ear, making him twist and turn in his sleep.

Catalina gasped when Paolo woke up and punched Marco straight in the jaw, making him fall back on Leo.

"My bad, bro," he groaned and got up to switch on the lights.

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥

Paolo and Rocco were huffing and puffing as they walked down the steps in Catalina's dresses; they were so tight on them that it looked like the dresses might burst any second.

Immediately, Catalina broke out into the deepest and loudest fit of laughter, making everyone else except the boys that were in dresses laugh along with her.

She said that the only way she'd forgive them was if they were to give her a fashion show in her clothing.

Her laughter had yet to cease and it made Rocco throw her the middle finger. Catalina gasped mid-laughter and threw her own middle finger at him.

I looked at her with wide-eyes and a smirk; I was proud.

Paolo, on the other hand, had grown used to the dress rather quickly and was strutting around the main living room.

Everybody had erupted in laughter when the straps of the dress that Rocco was wearing ripped, making it fall over and expose the lacy red bra he was wearing underneath.

Her laughter was so pure and free, it bounced to my ear as a tickle. The only thing I could do was join her  in generous mirth.

"Can you take a picture of this?" Catalina jumped off the couch and pulled the boys to her, making them wrap their arms around each other's shoulders.

Pulling my camera up, I took a picture of the three. Catalina was in the center with a dimpled, cheeky, and wide smile. Rocco had his middle finger up, and Paolo bit his lip in an attempt to be seductive.

"I already forgave you guys the minute it happened," Catalina said, feigning nonchalance behind her smile.

"I'm rockin' this dress so it's all good."

Rocco rolled his eyes at Paolo and looked at Catalina, bemused with how happy she was at the situation. When she sent him a thumbs up, his hard eyes softened and he spoke, "I guess I like expressing my feminine side..."

Marco deeply chuckled, "That's the spirit!"

Rocco twirled around, his dress fanning around him like a princess. "Fuck off, you go wear a dress that's ten times smaller than you, see how that goes."

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥

All of us were huddled around in a circle on the fluffy carpeted ground. The two men had changed out of their dresses, much to Catalina's dismay, and were now in casual attire like the rest of us.

We were teaching Catalina how to toughen up and it wasn't going as planned.

"No, love. He called you a bitch so you have to slap him, you can't apologize."

Catalina rubbed Rocco's cheek much too affectionately for my liking as she tried to sooth the 'pain' from the light pat she gave him.

"B-word," Rocco said.

Catalina pat his cheek, again, and then mumbled out strings of apologies after he dramatically groaned. The fucker just wants her to touch him.

"Okay, this isn't working out, let's move on."

Leo moved out of Marcos embrace, making him frown, and then decided to work on Catalina for this round. "Somebody calls you ugly after you just complimented them, what do you say?"

"That's okay, we all have our own opinions," she spoke without having to put much thought to it.

All of us groaned, realizing that this was going to take some time.

She's too damn kind for her own good.

I love it but it makes me scared for her.

Paolo yelled, "I can do it!"

"Go ahead then, let's see."

"Sweets, somebody just threatened to hurt your shortcake, what do you do?"

A frown replaced the smile that Catalina always wore, making her sad eyes pop out. "I would threaten them. I'd be like, 'i'll cut your legs off and beat you with them!'" She tried. She really did.

I gave everybody around the room an innocent smile, relishing in the pride I felt. That's my girl.

"Can we go for a walk out in the woods by here?" Catalina blurred out, making all of us look at her line she had gone crazy.

"It's almost midnight, do you want to die?"

She turned around and gave me puppy dog eyes. She was finally making eye contact with me. Damn. I scratched my neck, finding myself on the brink of saying yes because of her cute face.

Don't say yes. It's too late to go out.

She needs to be safe.

"Please, i'll do anything."

"Okay, okay, you're cute. Now stop looking at me like that," I groaned and ran my hands through my hair, tugging at the roots.

"Pleaseeee, it'll be a really quick walk."

A chorus of everybody mumbling and groaning out words of giving in resonated in the room. Spoiled. She's so spoiled but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Once I wrapped Catalina in a handful of layers, making sure that she was warm enough so that she wouldn't get sick, we all walked out and made our way into the forest.

"Fuckin' taking a walk at midnight in the damn woods."

"Only white people do shit like this."

"For the last time Marco, we are white."

Slapping Rocco at the back of his head, Marco scoffed, "We use seasoning! I don't want to hear it."

With our flashlights illuminating the path in front of us, we continued stepping over the crunchy snow that piled on top of the leaves and branches.

"Ah!" Catalina screamed and threw her flashlight, making me look at her confused. The hell was that?

"I thought I saw something," she defended.

"Alright it's been ten minutes, let's go," I said to everyone.

Nobody responded except for Catalina, she hummed and cuddled herself up to my side.

"Marco! Paolo! Rocco! Leo!" I yelled out, wondering where everybody had went.

Nothing.

Only the sound of wind and Catalina's heavy breathing could be heard in the thick and eerie quietness.

"I knew this would be a terrible idea."

Flashing the light in her face, I watched her squint. "This was your idea," I reminded her.

"This was your idea," she mocked, making me pat her ass so that she'd shut up. "Exactly, it was my idea. When have I ever made a good decision? Never!"

"Let's keep going, those idiots couldn't have gone far." I pulled her noticeably trembling hand in mine, making sure not to comment on it and instead, silently comforting her with physical touch.

"Cucciola."

"Hm?" I backed her into a thick wisteria tree, noticing how her breath hitched.

"Do you know what tree you're touching right now?" I held the flashlight in my one hand as I pressed my other hand over her head and leaned down.

"N-no?"

I chuckled, "A wisteria tree, it symbolizes love, support, sensitivity, and bliss."

"That's really- um, cool. Yeah, cool."

I didn't know whether or not she knew what I was hinting at and was choosing to ignore it, or if she was simply oblivious.

"I want you to be mine, I want to show the whole world that you belong to me." I could have said that in a less... possessive manner, however, I couldn't hold my need for her any longer. It was growing stronger by the day. She had captivated my mind and I wouldn't rest until she was mine.

"I- I thought we were friends?" She cowered back into her frame, shrinking herself as she looked at me wide-eyed.

"I want you," I admit, "I want all of you. I want your heart to ache for me like mine does for you." My hands itched to grab her face and kiss her until the both of us were panting and breathless but I held myself back, not wanting to overwhelm her.

"Didn't you want friendship?"

Thickly swallowing, I nodded, "Yes, of course. I do. I love being your friend but I want to be the friend that you fall in love with—"

Catalina ducked under me and pushed herself away, her head shaking.

"Please don't do this."

My heart felt like it had just been shattered into pieces, she really didn't want this?

Selfishly, I ignored her plead and carried on pouring my heart out, wanting to get her to understand.

"This feels like torture." I had to pause so that I could get over the rough lump in my throat that had attached itself there due to the rejection. "I don't know what's happening but I- I look at you and I just feel complete. I feel so much for you and it terrifies me. The things I do for you, it scares me."

She looked at me like I had just killed a puppy, her eyes were drenched in something hopeless, something sad.

"Do you know what i'd for for you, vita mia?"

My life (my love).

She shook her head.

"I would kill for you. I would walk to the ends of this earth if it meant that you'd trust me with your heart."

THIRD PERSON

Not believing the heartfelt confession coming out of the mans mouth who had so utterly and hopelessly fallen for the girl in front of him, she bit her lip, completely in her thoughts, not noticing the blood that sprang to her tongue.

The poor girl knew that she was already his, it had been that way all this time yet they were both too blinded by their insecurities to notice.

And as she was his, he was hers.

Catalina was quiet. She wanted to tell him how she felt, how she wanted to spoil him with her love, take care of him when he's sick, tell him her deepest nightmares in hopes of him protecting her, yet she couldn't. She didn't know how to.

She thought it would be easier to pull her heart out of her chest and give it to him with a bloody fist than talk about how she felt.

Lorenzo gently slid his thumb across her bloody lip, gently whispering, "You're always in your head, I wish I was in there so that i'd know what was going through that pretty mind of yours."

You are. She gulped, wanting to tell him that he lived in her mind, day and night he had taken over every sense that she held.

As the girl held onto their friendship, not wanting to ruin it, she finally noticed. We were never friends. From the moment that they had met each other, the first touch that radiated an electrical warmth, the moment that they had become aware of each other, they were never friends. Their souls yearned for the other and their hearts beat for each other.

They were never friends.

Catalina was a coward and it was a fact. She was too afraid of giving in, of giving him the one thing she guarded with her life. She was the type of girl to pick security over ever experiencing love.

I don't need love. She reminded herself, careful as to not give into the pleading green eyes that bore right through hers.

"I don't want love— to experience it," she broke the heavy silence in the middle of the woods as owls hummed around them.

They looked into each other's eyes as if they were already in love.

The poor man was on the edge of going insane, he didn't know how to get her to give in. And being the smart man he was, he knew that she wanted to trust him, all she needed was a push.

Sighing, he tried to steady his thumping heartbeat, it was as if the organ wanted to jump out his chest and present itself to the girl, a gift as to show his deceleration of need for her.

"Catalina, what's stopping you?" He clearly had nothing better to say but who could blame him? His chest was heavy with emotions that were foreign to him, his eyes burned with need, and his mind ached for hers.

"You're going to hurt me. You will hurt me." Her voice almost couldn't be heard over the whistling wind that made the wisteria tree dance with anger.

"I could hurt you, yes. It would be easy to hurt you, you're so naive, so oblivious to this cruel worlds intentions—"

Where is he going with this? She thought he was giving her more reasons as to why she shouldn't be with him and needless to say, it was working.

What a coward she was.

"—But I could never. Never in a million years would I wish to hurt a hair on your head. Never in another lifetime would I wish to give my bruised, worm-eaten, and scabrous heart to anyone else but you."

By now, the girl had broken out into heavy sobs. She wanted to scold herself for always crying; she knew she cried too much but it was how she kept in check with herself.

"I don't deserve you," she cried out, almost falling to the snow on the ground but a steady hand held her up.

"Don't you dare say that." Lorenzo found himself feeling his own tears trickle down his iced face as well.

The pair harbored such intense, passionate, and deep feelings for each other that it was too hard to miss the fact that they belonged with one other.

"Shortcake, you're s-so good. So kind. So caring. So... tall." Even with the heavy air that held their pure confessions, Catalina still found space to crack a joke, even if her jokes were as bad as they came.

And so, he kissed her.

Without permission and without warning, he threw his lips on hers and they had moved in a rhythmic and desperate motion.

They could taste each other's tears as the saltiness had dropped down to their cold lips, adding a physical product of their emotions into the kiss.

Maybe they would be alright.

Maybe they could work.

And maybe, just maybe, she could trust somebody with her heart.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Thank you for reading. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter even though it's lacking on description and whatnot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 14.7K 81
❝𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.❞ I gasped, s...
1.5M 31.3K 24
"Please dont do this, I don't want it. Please." I plead with him but it's no use. He walks over to me and slams his hand on the wall next to my head...
396K 9.9K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
1.7M 56K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...