Mythical Nightmares || Little...

By CindyVonOtaku

I was thinking about this for MONTHS. M O N T H S. My obsession over Little Nightmares and Mythology makes me... More

DISCLAIMERS
¤~Ω|| Chapter One | Daughter of Magic ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Two | Caged ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Three | Escape ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Four | Statues ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Five | Labrynth of Books ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Six | Escape the Labrynth ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Seven | A Cursed Hunger ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eight | The Depths ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nine | The Hideout ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Ten | Shadows and Hounds ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eleven | Shadow Six ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twelve | The Oracle and a Warning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Thirteen | A Betrayal ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fourteen | The Janitor's Lair ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fifteen | Girl with Lightning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Sixteen | The Traitor ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Seventeen | Into the Trap ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eighteen | Split Up ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nineteen | Colosseum ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty | Odd Aquaintances ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty One | Spared ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty Three | Heist ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty Four | Secrets and Threats ||Ω~¤

¤~|| Chapter Twenty Two | Another Hideout ||~¤

277 13 51
By CindyVonOtaku

Gbrrrrrr hiya my dudes. A miracle happened and I've updated :)

And that kinda included Mumu yelling at me while Six pulled my sleeve and sobbed for an update.

Mumu: Nah it's was so I could show up. But seriously, it has been months already you lazy girl-

I canceled life okay?

Six: Cindy it's beeeeen a loooongg timmmmeeee, and you did a whole chapter on Seven's side!!!

Ye ye, I know. Oh well I gotta say this.

I've added some new OCs, two which I have been itching to add.

××××××××××××××××××××

.: Six's P.o.V. :.
.: Third Person :.

Once they reached the otherside of the vent, they arrived into another cold, dark, and damp hallway. Mono looked around just in case the Janitor was milling around, he nodded back to the group while crawling out. Six looked around before facing him, "Okay, so now where to?"

"Just around the corner..." Mono trailed off when he perked up. He signalled the others to step back and pulled Six aside to a crate near the vent. There was a hellhound roaming the halls, one which for sure isn't as friendly as Tiberius. They seem to be sniffing on the walls and ground, looking for something.

"Man... Two hideouts in a week? I'm pretty sure the Lady would be happy about this," three shadow children showed up. One of them actually looked a bit familiar to Six.... One of the other shadow children who spoke had their arms up over their head, "So what do you think Shadow Sev? Do you think we'll be able to find this other one?"

Shadow Six froze once she heard the name, fear was plastered into her face. She stepped beside where Six and Mono stood and peeked out. If she wasn't made of shadow particles, I would say she went pale in shock.

"With our new intel? Oh yes. And besides, the Lady expects us to or we would be degraded to Nomes," Shadow Sev frowned while patting the hound's thigh, "Go, Nero. He said it's around here somewhere."

The hellhound gruffed before bounding on, the group waited until the shadow children passed before stepping out again. Shadow Six frowned, "I... I didn't knew there was other hideouts," she said. Six nodded, "Same..."

Eight sighed while walking up to them, "Yeah well, there are other kids who doesn't want to be in our hideout, so they made their own. But in the end, we are all helping each other - mostly the kids who stayed as a runaway the longest knows about them and where they are..."

"Should we help them?... they might know the way to that collosseum right?" Scarf asked. Mono sighed, "Well, we can't just ignore the fact there is another ambush to another hideout... But how did those shadow children know about that as well?..."

Three crossed her arms, "That traitor, no doubt about that," she spat like venom. They stayed silent, it was a possibility. Whoever this traitor is could be.... wait a minute.

"That shadow kid said that their informant was a he... a boy..." Six remembered. Eight's eyebrows rose, "Oh god, don't tell me that there's more traitors aside from the one that sold us out twice," she said. Three looked at them cautiously, "Well, we better be careful. Who knows if there is also a traitor in this group?"

That caught Six off gaurd and she noticed how Three was glaring at both her and Shadow Six. The rest of the group noticed the tension and Mono cleared his throat, "We should head to that Hideout, and maybe stop those shadow children before they do harm another hideout... Let's leave the accusations for later," he said while walking ahead.

Three rolled her eyes, "Yeah, because that is what you all do best... Just put it for later," she grumbled lightly. Scarf placed an arm on her and she sighed, softening a bit. Six looked at them before walking behind Mono, Shadow Six, Three, Scarf, and lastly Eight following behind.

"Hey, uh, Shadowy," Six looked behind her, "Hm?" Shadow Six responded. "Do you... know those shadow children? You were quite shocked when you saw them," she asked.

Shadow Six blinked, then looked away while sighing, "Yeah... I knew them. Especially that one kid. His name is Shadow Seven and he, is uh... like the Lady's underdog and he would keep an eye on me."

Six rose an eyebrow, "Shadow Seven? Wait, does he has some kind of connection to Seven or something?"

Shadow Six shook her head, "I guess not... or probably they are... Most of the shadow children - unlike me - were made with a part of a child's soul, thus being a 'shadow'. Like I said before, I was born from Hecate, so I'm not like them, I don't need a mask to cover my face and don't burn when there is light," she explained.

"Hmmm, is there also maybe other Shadow kids based on our friends?" Six wondered out loud. Shadow Six nodded, "There is a possibilty. But I've never met them yet. All I know is Shadow Seven, and he is nothing like the Seven we know. He is cunning, sly, and ruthless. He doesn't care about the other shadow children and thinks of them as pawns. I'm pretty sure whoever the traitor is, or are, will just be fooled by him," she frowned.

Six whistled, "Now that's a scary counterpart," she noted. Shadow Six nodded, "Yeah... And I could see how he is the opposite. I guess shadow children are the opposite of the child they represent. Friendly selfless Seven over ruthless mean Shadow Seven."

"What about you? Or is that another thing you didn't get from being a different kind of shadow child?" Six asked. Shadow Six smiled, "I don't think I'm an opposite of you, that I'm sure of."

"Pffft, imagine Mono's shadow counterpart... The aloof kid who got a shy but friendly shadow child," Six smiled. Shadow Six giggled, "Not bad. Where ever this Shadow Mono could be it would be I would want to meet him."

Mono turned back to them, "What are you talking about?"

The two froze, "Nothing...."

"Hmm," Mono faced back infront and looked around, "Say Mono do you also know the way to this Hideout?" Six asked. Mono sighed, "Well, no. Not really. But-"

There was a scream, far ahead of them. The group turned to the sound and quickly followed it. At the corner, Six saw the hellhound again and the three shadow children. They seemed to be cornering a child, whom Six didn't have a good look at since they hid under a crate. The one who looked familiar, which was Shadow Seven, noticed the group and rose his head to them, smirking lightly.

"Well! Shadow Six it's good to see you again," he greeted, "I see you've found your sister. A pity, honestly. I missed you." Shadow Six frowned, "Shut up, Shadow Seven. I don't want to hear what comes out of your mouth."

Three looked at Shadow Six, "You know him? And why is he named Shadow Seven?"

"It's a long story," Shadow Six said. Mono held on his ladle, which was now in sword form, and brandished it at Shadow Seven, "I don't think it's just the three of you. Right?"

"Oh no, of course not Child of the Moon!" Shadow Seven grinned at Mono all friendly like, like as if they met before. "It's so sad you've caught us in a bad time. I would love to take you on, but I have matters to finish, now why don't you run along?" He said.

"Do you really think we're going to run along and ignore this?" Eight asked as she brought out her coin and turned it to a Celestial Bronze spear.

Shadow Seven grinned under his mask, "I was hoping you'd chose the lather," he said while unseathing his own sword, a nice looking Stygian Iron sword while the hellhound behind him glowered at them with those beady red eyes. In the shadows, more of those shadow children emerged and surrounded them.

Six and Shadow Six brought out their daggers made from the Mist. Three lifted her big Bronze sword and pulled Scarf behind her. Eight pulled out her coin and it turned to a spear. The shadow children lunged as Shadow Seven chose to fight Mono. Nero the hellhound joined in the fight, but Tiberius came out in the right time and growled at the other.

Some shadow children had scratched Six and she slashed on them. They all dispersed into dust even without the need of light. One shadow came too close and Six tried her best to emit a flame on her palm with the Mist and blasted nearly three shadow children on the warm glow.

Eight was surrounded by about ten shadow children. She blocked all their attacks and was able to electrocute all of those shadow children, it was really a bummer being under the ocean, if they were above ground she could've casted out a lighting bolt to all of these monsters. But at least she hadn't drown from being in Poseidon's turf in most times.

Nero growled at Tiberius, and lunged for the other hound. They both fell back and scratched the other. Tiberius kicked him off, which caused having some shadow children turning into flapjacks, and Six was thankful none of them were standing there.

Mono and Shadow Seven stood, circling each other while looking eye to eye. Until Mono lunged and aimed for the other's shoulder. Shadow Seven parried and jabbed for his abdomen. Mono countered and kicked his foot, which made the shadow child lean forward and Mono slashed his shoulder. Shadow Seven growled and gripped on his Stygian Iron sword as he sliced on Mono's leg and arm.

Three was a killing machine, and Scarf tried his best to help but he was always put aside when Three continued hacking and slashing with the same strength and speed as the last. None of the shadow children could lay a finger on her... Well, that is the daughter of the god of war for you. Scarf quickly dodged the attacks from the shadow children, but got tackled over and stabbed his shoulder and arm simultaniously, causing a scream of pain from the boy.

Six noticed that and quickly came up to help him, Three heard the yell and finished off the rest. Six picked Scarf up carefully, "You okay?"

The scarfed boy, "I'll be fine... I faced worse wounds- LOOK OUT!" Scarf warned and Six turned to see a shadow child blasting a gust of dark magic to her, it swirled around her and she felt the gust choke her throat. Six continued to thrash around in hopes to be free from the gust's grasp, but it held on and littered more scratches on her arms.

Shadow Six threw three mist-made daggers and noticed her sister fighting off a swirl of dark magic, "SIX!" She yelled. The shadow child grinned at her, "You deserved this, you traitor," he said. Shadow Six growled and used her shadow powers, holding the child in place as she shattered his mask, which caused the shadow to crumble to dust.

Six gasped once the magic had dispersed, Shadow Six ran to her, "You're okay?" She asked. Six nodded, "Yeah, thanks sis," she said. Shadow Six smiled, "No problem," she said while running off to help Eight. Six stood up and protected Scarf, who still stood and tried to avoid most attacks.

But even with Three's war machine like attacks, and Six's magic, or Eight had electrocuted enough shadow children that it could blow up a generator. The shadow children kept coming and were too strong in the dark and tiredness was already wearing into them from the attacks.

Six heard footsteps coming to their direction, she mentally groaned. Great, more enemies.

"You kids! Cover your eyes!" The person yelled. Six was confused of the stranger that came and turned to the sound of their voice.

Big mistake.

Just as she was about to look at the two new strangers, a flash bomb fell in the ground and exploded. Six was too late to cover her eyes and she was blinded by the bright light and lurched back in shock. Her ears rang and pounded her head as she heard the shadow children letting out screams of pain. She felt woozy and before she knew it she hit something hard on the head, probably a crate, and passed out.

==================

Six woke up with a groan, her head was pounding and filled with bright light as she opened her eyes, her eyes slowly adjusted to the dark room and just made the headache worse. Six noticed that she wasn't in the hallway anymore, but on a cot in a big tent which looked like a medbay. She sat upstraight and saw unfamiliar children in some beds, most bandaged or with a cast. She looked at herself and noticed some bandages wrapped on her scars. She looked around until her eyes froze on what she saw.

A girl with olive skin, black curly hair, and a pastel dark blue cardigan under a white tanktop and brown pants with two belt pouches on either side. She watched Six while shifting her feet to the side, "A-Anyeong, Sais..."

"Thirteen?... You're... here... You're not caught," Six pointed out and Thirteen nodded, "Nakuha... C-Caught.... Aku," she pointed herself, trying her best to converse even with her language gibberish, "P-Pero... U-uh... Aku... uhm... ligtas? Salvo?" She tilted her head to the side when she wondered if she chose the right word.

Six rose her hand to her, "It's okay, I understand. You were caught and you were saved. By whom?"

Thirteen opened her mouth to speak but the curtain which was the entrance of the tent opened. She beamed, "Twig, Sprig!" She called out.

Two boys entered and Thirteen came to hug the both of them. They returned the hug before looking at Six. They both looked alike, but one had wavy mocha brown hair, a red cap with a letter T, a lime green hoodie, and cameo pants while the other had fluffy caramel brown hair, an orange cap with a letter S, dark green hoodie, and the same cameo pants.

"Seems like the girl you called Sais is awake. Hi, I'm Twig and this is my brother Sprig," the boy with the T cap said while mentioning over the other boy with the S cap, "Is your name really Sais or it's just some language gibberish Thirteen did, like that name Venti Tere-" Sprig was elbowed to the gut by his brother hashly, Sprig winced and Twig cleared his throat.

"Sorry about him, my twin just really rambles a lot," he said while looking down on his brother.

"O-oh... Uh well my name's Six... Where are the other children that was with me?... My friends?" Six asked Twig. Sprig groaned while standing up straight, "Your paperbag buddy and the shadow child who we nearly killed are outside at the Dining Pavillion. Even that buff woman and that two kids-" he earned another jab in the gut.

"Seriously you're so rude sometimes," Twig grumbled at his brother, "But yes, your friends are at the Dining Pavillion. Our child of Apollo tended to them and gave them some nectar, which made them rest a bit. Now they're all awake are probably eating or waiting for you. Can you stand?"

Six's stomach slightly growled at the words of Dining Pavillion and made her think of food. She urged herself to the edge of the bed and stood, pain flared as her wounds were moved and Thirteen came to her side and helped her up, "Daijobu?" She asked.

"I am gonna think you said 'Are you okay?' and yeah I am. Let's go," she said. Twig and Sprig nodded, "Well then follow us," they said while walking out. Thirteen stood beside Six as she fought off both her stomch growls which she hope won't turn to a hunger strike and the numbness of her wounds.

"What happened?" Six asked the brothers. Twig turned back to face her, "Well, Taylor told us that there might be shadow children coming in, plus we had to save Thirteen since those shadow children were trying to kidnap her," he said.

Six remembered that child who was hiding behind the crate and she turned to Thirteen, "Wait, was that you?"

Thirteen nodded, and Twig continued, "We came and heard there was a fight going on. We saw you guys fighting off those tons of shadow children, I was shocked how you all were still standing, and we decided to help by throwing in a flash bomb which is very fatal to shadow children."

"Yeah except the one who looks like you," Sprig pointed out and Twig rolled his eyes, "You caught in the full blast of the flash bomb and fainted, and we asked where Thirteen was before bringing you guys back. And she came out of that crate she was hiding in and shocked them, then we brought you to our Hideout. I haven't asked why you know Thirteen, but now since you're awake we all can finally get some answers."

Twig finished as he nodded to an open pavillion ahead. There was some wooden pillars around and long tables while a fire was in the middle. There was some kids and also Nomes around, and Six noticed her friends sitting on one long table.

Shadow Six noticed her first, "Six!" She called out while running up to give Six a bone-crushing hug. Six winced as her wounds flared in pain, "Shadowy, the wounds," she reminded and Shadow Six pulled back, "Right, sorry. But thank goodness you're alright!"

"I just fainted from the light of the flash bomb, I'm not gonna die," Six smiled as Shadow Six rolled her eyes, "Yeah but still! C'mon the others are there," she said while dragging Six to their table, Twig, Sprig, and Thirteen following behind.

Mono was the second one to notice her, "Six," he called out while standing up from his seat. Six smiled at him and everyone else, "Hey guys," she said.

"You feeling good?" Mono asked and Six nodded, "Yeah, I just got fainted from a flash bomb, I didn't suffer any wounds," she said while sitting down and Shadow Six sat beside her. Mono nodded and sat back down, Thirteen sat beside Three and Scarf, and Twig sighed while he and Sprig sat at the front of the table.

"Well now that you are all together, I expect you have some questions," he said.

"Were you two the ones who saved Thirteen?" Scarf asked.

Sprig nodded, "Yup, and other children that came from the Depths Hideout, although some weren't so lucky and we didn't get to save them as well," he said, "Now I expect you are all from the Depths Hideout, yes?"

"Yeah... Wait, just how many Hideouts are there?" Six wondered.

"As far as we know, three of 'em. The Depths have the best routes and ventilation systems, and they were nearly planning of making a ship for escape until the Lady's army attacked. Right now, you're in the Nomes' Hideout, which is near the Janitor's Room and to the Kitchen, which has - not to brag - the best protection. The last one is near the Guests' Area, which is very dangerous, but they get the news of what the Lady is planning. And of course, others we haven't met yet," Sprig said. Six blinked, "Well if there was that, how come only old runaways know about this?"

Twig pursed his lips, "There was some fights before, and well... the monsters quickly found our scents when we all met up and that wasn't good for our safely. So those older ranaways decided to hide the fact from younger ones - until it was the time. And of course, there was this whole thing about runaways help runaways," he said.

"Yeah, though some doesn't follow that," Eight said while looking at Mono and he glared at her.

Thirteen looked at them when something came into her mind and she tilted her head, "Doko... Duex? Una?" She wondered.

Scarf frowned when he got the gist of what Thirteen asked, "They were caught..."

"Oh wait hold on, there is more of you?" Sprig said and Twig's eye twitch in annoyance at his brother's blunt response. Three glared at the caramel brown hair, "Yes, and one of those caught friends were the ones who figured out most of the ventilation system," she said.

Twig perked up, "Really? That must've been hard work... and very dangerous, the vents could lead to anywhere..." he mumbled, "Where are they now?"

"We don't know, but since they were caught by those dracenae and told to bring to the Pretender, who ever she is," Mono said.

The twins were shocked, then they looked at each other, seeming to have a telepathic conversation. Twig turned to face them, "Where do you think they are now?"

"We guessed the Collosseum somewhere here," Mono answered.

"Yeah and that guess is right," Sprig said.

"What?" Eight asked.

Twig looked down sadly, "The Pretender... From an information we got from the Guests' Area Hideout, is another ally of the Lady, and was told to be brought where the Collosseum is to check on the giant."

"And ya'll in luck," Spirg smirked as he heard the conch horn blow, "We're planning a breakout with someone from the inside, now who's hungry?"

××××××××××××××××××××

Xkfneofnwkfnsodnskdnakdnskd FINISHED.

UPDATED.

PRAISE GODS!

Oh wait hold on, *burns an offering to the Muses* hope they like barbecue.

AnYWAYS

Yeah there is more Hideouts and yeah my bois Twig and Sprig are here. Oh and, the person they mentioned as Taylor is not my OC, you'll see next chap.

Oh well, ciao chocolats!

Wattpad: Publish Finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 96 42
NOT SO BAD TRIGGER WARNINGS: CURSING, BULLYING BAD TRIGGER WARNINGS: GORE, NIGHTMARES, (CHILD) ABUSE, ANGST (isttgs there's so much of it), TRAUMATIC...
183K 9K 138
I could give you a sob story about how tough Cressida Lynn's life has been, but you're not here for that. You're not here to hear about how terrible...
65.3K 1.7K 20
I've had this idea for awhile and I finally decided to write it <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "This story is about a person named y/n just...
16.8K 484 9
Dear Mortal, If you're about to read this book, I can only apologize at the lie you have lived in this world. Thinking everything is normal, when it...