Ymir's Legacy

By SpiceyIcedTea

Attack On Titan AU/Fanfiction: In the year 845, humanity faced its darkest hour as the colossal titan, a new... More

Ch. 1; The Year 845
Ch. 2; Drilled
Ch. 3; Ice Blue Eyes
Ch. 4; The Huntress
Ch. 5; Experiments
Ch. 6; Transform
Ch.7; The Raging Titan
Character Info.
Ch. 8; Training
Character info. 2.0
Ch. 9; The Attack on Graduation
Ch. 10; Saving the Girl with the Red Scarf
Ch. 11; The Roar
Ch. 12; Regiments
Ch. 13; The 57th Expedition
Ch. 14; Revelation
Ch. 15; Savior
Ch. 16; Betrayal
Announcement
Ch. 17; Lover's Rage
Ch. 18; Truth
Ch 19; Abducted
Ch 20; Monsters
Ch. 21; Save the Queen
Ch. 22; Anointment and Union
Ch. 23; The Night Before
Ch. 24; Home
Ch. 25; Armin
Ch. 26; The Sea
Side Note
Character Info. Updates
Ch. 27; Yelena
Ch. 29; Declaration of War
Ch. 30; Gunshot
Ch. 31; Eldians
Ch. 32; Eren
Ch. 33; Family
Ch. 34; Plan
Ch. 35; Retaliation
Ch. 36; Rumbling
Ch. 37; Conflict
Ch. 38; Evolution
Ch. 39; Hizuru
Ch. 40; Demise
The Final Chapter; Aila Brandt
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Ch. 28; Allies

371 16 1
By SpiceyIcedTea

Months had passed since the port had begun to be built, it was now finished and trades with other countries that were friendly have progressed. One of the first meetings with such allies was scheduled for the current week, they were known as the Azumabito clan, a group of royalty from the eastern region of the world. "What do you think of the new era on Paradis?", Annie asked from her seat on hers and Aila's bed, Aila gazed out of the window, taking a sip of her tea to help calm her nerves. She let out a sigh, "I think the progression is good for us but... I can't help but feel wary of Yelena and Zeke, I don't trust them", Annie closed the book she was reading and got up, walking over and hugging her towering wife. "I agree, especially since we haven't seen Yelena in a few months, not to mention we have yet to see Zeke, something doesn't feel right", Aila pulled her wife into an embrace, holding her closely as they gazed out at the newly built Shiganshina, listening to the crickets chirp nearby while feeling the summer breeze on their skin. Annie looked up at her wife and smirked, "Y'know... we haven't had some fun in a minute, maybe it'll help us relax", she said as she reached up and pulled Aila's lip down with her thumb, gently but seductively. Aila chuckled and smirked, she gently bit down on Annie's thumb, staring into her eyes with lust and love, she picked up her small lover and held her up by her bosom, Annie wrapped her legs around Aila and proceeded to place a kiss on her lips. Aila deepened the kiss, biting on Annie's lower lip, making Annie let out a small moan of pleasure, she slid her tongue into her mouth and down her throat. Annie grasped onto Aila's hair as she massaged her tongue with her own, Aila reached behind her and turned the lamp off, pinching the flame with her fingers. She proceeded to walk towards their bed and placed her down on it, she stood over her lover, "Take my clothes off", she demanded with assertion. Annie smirked and did as she was told, sitting up and sliding Aila's shirt off, revealing her wife's toned abs and back. She licked and kissed on her abs, leaving marks all over her, eventually making her way up to her neck, making sure to leave a mark visible to anyone who lay eyes on her beloved.

The next morning, Mikasa and Sasha headed down from their home just down the street from Aila and Annie's, knocking on their front door. Aila sat up groggily, "Ail, Annie, it's Mikasa and Sasha, we have some news to tell you both", Sasha slightly shouted through the door. Aila got out of bed, getting up and putting her bra and underwear on, along with her pants and a shirt. She turned and placed a gentle kiss on Annie's forehead, "Love, it's time to get up", Annie turned in place, facing her lover, "Ugh... fine, just go answer the door and I'll get dressed" "Hmph, that's my girl", Aila let out a chuckle, smiling at her lover's beautiful face. Aila opened the door and allowed her two friends in, "Mika, Sasha, it's good to see you both, how have you been?", Aila asked as the two sat down at the table of Aila and Annie's kitchen. Mikasa looked up and chuckled, "Annie must've known we're meeting with Yelena today, considering the way your neck looks", Aila jumped and grabbed her neck, letting out a blush, "W-We're meeting with the volunteers today?" "Yes, that's what we came here to tell you both so you can get ready, we have an hour before we have to meet with them, but, it's not just them we're meeting with", Mikasa stated. Aila set down the tea she had made for the four of them, Annie emerged from their bedroom, finishing putting her hair up. "Good morning you two, what was so important that you had to wake us up at this ungodly hour?", Annie asked as she tiredly sat down next to Aila, "They woke us up early, apparently we're meeting with Yelena and the volunteers today, along with one of our allies from across the sea", Aila explained. Annie lifted her cup to her mouth, taking a sip, "Oh, we're meeting with HER today, lovely" "Annie, be nice please", Mikasa sarcastically asked with a smile from across the table. Annie let out a sarcastic chuckle, "Yeah sure, whatever, when do we leave?" "In an hour, so you should probably get ready", Sasha stated as she scarfed down the fresh bread Aila had given her. The two wives nodded, allowing their friends to stay as they got ready, although they didn't show it, they were more nervous about meeting their allies than ever.

Once they were ready, they started towards the stables of Aila and Annie's home, climbing atop their horses and setting off to the capital of Mitras. As they rode, Mikasa spoke up from the front, "Aila, there's one more thing you should know before we arrive at Mitras" "Ok? What is it?, Aila asked confused. "Yours and Ymir's identities are to be revealed today during the meeting, since Yelena and the other volunteers have shown they're semi-trustworthy over these past few months", Annie's eyes widened, she was not happy about this sudden decision. "But who ordered this revelation?", she asked out of concern, "Honestly I have no idea, but if I had to guess... it was Eren or Zeke who demanded such", Mikasa responded somberly. They stayed silent, not wanting to further any conflict about Eren's current demeanor. They arrived at the capital not too long after their conversation, their horses were taken and put into temporary stables while they converse with Historia, Ymir, and other officials about what to do next. They all agreed to attend this meeting with the allies and volunteers as the highest ranking officials of their government. Aila was to be guarded by Annie and Mikasa at all times, Eren was to be guarded by Levi and Armin, and Ymir and Historia were to be guarded by Hange and Sasha, the rest of Levi squad would be on guard with help from Nanaba's squad. They took carriages to the port for the meeting, Aila, Annie, Mikasa, and Jean in one, Eren, Levi, Armin, and Nanaba in another, with Historia, Ymir, Hange, and Sasha in the center to be safe. Once they arrived, Yelena and her volunteers were already waiting for them, they all got out of the carriages, standing in a group across from Yelena. "I haven't seen you since you lifted our entire ship, I look forward to working with you", Yelena greeted as she raised her hand to shake Eren's. However, Levi interfered, "No, he'll never come in contact with any of you again, this brief meeting is as far as we'll go" "That's plenty, that makes today an auspicious day. After all, the port is complete and we're welcoming our first foreign visitors", Yelena responded with a smile. She turned her head and faced Aila, smirking, "And of course.. it's absolutely lovely to meet you again, my dear Aila", Aila kept her poker face, Annie however, was on the verge of snapping as she let out a low growl.

Soon after meeting with Yelena, a ship docked at the port. A woman with black hair, who looked similar to Mikasa, had gotten off of the ship along with six guards following close behind her. Ymir and Historia were the first to meet with her as the rulers of the new Eldian empire. "From the one nation in the world friendly to Paradis, Hizuru. Their ambassador on this trip is Kiyomi Azumabito. She has significant influence over Hizuru's foreign affairs, which she uses to maintain strong historical ties with other nations, she's the head of her clan", Yelena explained as the queens met with the ambassador. Mikasa's eyes were widened, as if she had seen a ghost of the past, "Mika, what's wrong love?", Sasha asked her lover, concerned at her look. Yelena walked over to her and rested her hand on her shoulder, leaning down to her ear, "Does her face resemble your mother's? It's just like I told you, you two are blood relatives", Sasha growled at Yelena's touchiness. She walked over and grabbed a hold of her wrist, squeezing it as she lifted it off of her, "That's enough don't you think? She'll talk to them on her own, thank you for the information... Yelena". Sasha shot Yelena an icy glare no one has seen her show before, sending chills down their spines. Yelena let out a brief chuckle and backed away, Sasha pulled Mikasa close to her, rubbing her back, trying to comfort her. Once the formal greetings were finished, they were taken into a hall by the port where tables and chairs were set up, waiting for a meeting to take place. Mikasa explained to Kiyomi how her mother's family had come from an eastern nation before settling on Paradis, which led Kiyomi to have her guards bring out a case. She opened it, pulling a black cloth with a symbol on it, "Do you recognize this family crest?", Mikasa, Sasha and Eren gasped at the sight, "That's..!" "Show her Mikasa", Eren demanded. Mikasa turned to him, "But... mom said to keep this a secret!", Sasha walked up to her wife, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Sasha!", Mikasa said, looking up at her, "This was probably what your mother meant for you to reveal it to if this day ever came", Sasha stated. Mikasa hesitantly lifted her right sleeve, revealing bandages she always had on, she began to unravel them, lifting her arm for Kiyomi to see. There on her wrist, lay a mark with the same symbol on it.

Kiyomi gasped when she saw it, "Before she died, my mother gave me this mark. She had it too, and he asked me to pass it onto my own children", Mikasa somberly told her relative. Kiyomi walked to her and placed her hands on Mikasa's arms, "What... what a noble act.. about a hundred years ago, Hizuru's shogun was an ally of the Eldian empire. We in the Azumabito family trace our family lineage back to his son who was on good terms with the Fritz family and visited here. After our defeat in the great titan war, Hizuru lost standing in the world. Then, though I'm unsure of how it happened, almost all the confusion the heir left a child behind on this island. To think a hundred years hence that I am finally meeting you, the one person with eastern blood on this island. You are a descendant of our nation's lost lord, you are Hizuru's hope". Mikasa gulped with nervousness, Paradis's officials stepped out of the room, leaving the Azumabito's and Yelena with her people alone. "If what the Azumabito said is true, that makes you pretty powerful in Hizuru right?", Hange asked, Mikasa stayed to the side, "Don't ask me-" "You're the last survivor of this nation's top family right?", an official rudely cut her off. Chatter spread about the officers, until Pixis spoke, "We're sure of one thing, in this world connected by the seas, we are but a little tottering child. Let's stay quiet and listen for now, come, we embarrass ourselves by making our guests wait", with that, he and the other officers headed back inside the hall. Historia stopped at Mikasa, placing a hand on her shoulder and nudging her with her fist, "Hey, why'd you only show Eren and Sasha that mark? I mean, you've never shown that bandage around your wrist to anyone!", Mikasa looked to the side, blushing a bit. "W-Well, that's because Eren's my brother and Sasha's... my wife", Mikasa quietly muttered out, Ymir came up from behind her, pulling her and Sasha into a hold, "Ah I see~, you guys couldn't keep it a secret with all that couple fun huh?". Ymir laughed, making Sasha and Mikasa turn red, Historia hit her wife, "Ymir! Come on they're married, what do you expect!", Eren stopped and turned around. "You seem happy", he stated, Historia smiled, "Because I am", she turned to Mikasa and nudged her again, "You've also had to shoulder a heavy burden because of your birth, I couldn't ask for a more perfect match than you Mikasa!". Mikasa blushed a little, feeling flattered, Aila, Annie, Ymir, and Sasha all looked at each other, smiling, feeling happy they they can feel like they're no longer alone.

As they reentered the room and sat back down, Kiyomi began to speak, "Simply seeing that you are alive and healthy is enough to fill me with gratitude. But going forward, please know this. The Azumabito will always be waiting for you", Mikasa relaxed a little, "Yes ma'am". Kiyomi looked down at her cup of tea, staring at it for a moment, "This is a historic day for both our nations, and this day never would have come if not for the man who brought us together. We heard about the descendant of our shogun clan on Paradis and met in secret with the source of that information, Zeke Jaeger. You should know that he asked us to agree to certain conditions before he would introduce us to you", Kiyomi began to explain what Zeke had told her in her meeting. She told of how Zeke presented her with a piece of Eldian ODM gear with the fuel in it called "Iceburst Stone", and how valuable it is since it can only be mined on Paradis. "We help Zeke with his plan to return to the island and we gain an industry strong enough to return our nation to its former glory, that was his proposal", Kiyomi let out a smile. Although she seemed happy, drool started to emerge from the corner of her mouth, "Of course, he hasn't even surveyed the reserves! However, if he speaks truth, this power that sleeps on your island could change our world. Oh, I should reassure you that this has nothing to do with our conglomerate's recent expansion plans". Aila and Annie looked at each other thinking the same thing, "So our suspicions were right, they only came here with the risk to make money" "Seems that way, so was Mikasa just an excuse to come here", Annie asked, puzzled. Aila lifted her head back towards the officials at the table, "Well, only way to find out is to keep working with them I suppose". Ymir frowned, suspicious of their new "allies", "So what were the details of this arrangement you made with the oh so great Zeke Jaeger?", she asked. Kiyomi wiped the drool off her mouth with a towel, her smile faded with the wipe, "As you know, Zeke Jaeger claims to have a secret plan. This plan is supposed to save Eldia and the world, but it requires Hizuru's mediation. It's one of three ingredients needed for the "rumbling" to protect Paradis. The first is a test of this rumbling weapon, you must show the world it's destructive potential by unleashing it in part", Kiyomi's men handed out papers to everyone in the room, the discussion of the rumbling, had begun.

Everyone began to read through the papers, feeling uncertain of the terms written. Kiyomi continued with her explanation, "Next is Hizuru's mediation, our goal will be to raise the military strength of this nation so that you will not have to solely rely on the rumbling. Introducing the latest weapons to this island is not a difficult process in itself, however, establishing a modern army requires creating a firm base of national power, education, economy, diplomacy, and population. You are one hundred years behind the rest of the world, you won't need the full one hundred years to catch up, but it will surely take at least fifty. In other words, you must use the rumbling to protect this island for fifty years, you must always posses the founding titan and a titan of royal blood. This is the third element, Zeke will pass down the beast titan to one with royal blood, and that person must spend the thirteen years they have left bearing as many children as possible", everyone sat in shock, not sure how to respond. Before Historia could respond, Ymir stood from her chair, "As the queen of this nation and current holder of the jaw titan, I will NOT accept these terms, if you dare try to make Historia do anything against her will, there will be blood", just as she said so, she ripped her nail out, making a wound just in case she needs to transform. Annie and Aila looked at each other, then stood simultaneously, "We stand behind her majesty Ymir, as the holders of the female and guard titans, the will of the queen is her own", they each flicked their fingers on their rings, making wounds just in case. Eren, Mikasa, Sasha, and Armin all followed suit. Everyone in the room gasped, beginning to sweat, "Wait, Aila, you're the guard titan?", Yelena asked from the wall. Aila nodded, Yelena's face began to light up, a blush spread across her face and she looked as if she were about to drool. However, despite their protests, Historia lifted her hand, signalling for everyone to sit down, "Very well, I will agree to inherit the beast titan and pass it down to mine and Ymir's children for the next fifty years, so long as the rumbling is necessary to our continued existence", Ymir clenched her teeth, "Historia, you don't have to do this if you don't want to". Historia looked up at Ymir and smiled, grabbing a hold of her hand, "Ymir, it's alright, I want to start a family with you anyways". There was no lie in Historia's smile, she genuinely meant her words, and Ymir saw it, because she calmed down at the very touch.

A year had passed since this meeting and the revelation of the titan holders, Historia and Ymir had planned on having children of their own soon through a sperm donor, bringing heirs to the Eldian empire and to the beast titan. Railroads for steam engines had begun to be built, Levi squad was stationed out on the plains that headed towards the port to build some of the railroad. "Hey, do WE really need to be doing this?", Connie asked as he carried a wooden beam over his shoulder, Jean sighed, "No, we don't, if that idiot hadn't opened his stupid mouth and said that we could train our bodies while developing the island-". Jean was cut off by Aila who carried nine steel beams over her shoulder, "Oi! Stop complaining and just get it done, it'll go by faster if you two dimwits shut it", Annie walked behind her with three wooden beams on each of her shoulders, carrying them over to Sasha, Armin, and Eren, who were hammering and putting the rails together. Aila set the beams down with ease, she was the neck in neck with Mikasa in being the strongest woman on the island. Jean let out a "Tch", "Oh come on! You, Annie and Mikasa are the strongest here! It's like cheating for you guys!", Connie shouted. Sasha grabbed teh barrel of water and chugged, Armin chased after her, trying desperately to get a bit of water out of it before she drank it all. "Well, it's true that we are just waiting for an answer from Hizuru now", Jean stated, Connie stood next to him, "And they're saying our chances are slim right? What was our argument? 'Eldians have human rights too' or something?", Connie asked. Jean crossed his arms, "Plus we'll sell them resources, the important thing is for Hizuru to introduce us to the world, if we make friends with more nations and use that 'diplomacy' stuff, we won't need to flatten the world with titans. And if that saves Historia from suffering, we have to give it a try", just as Jean finished his observation, Hange, Ymir, and Levi came up from behind them, riding on horses. "Hey!", Hange shouted as she grew closer, she and Levi hooked their horses to the carts to prevent them from running off. "Sorry about the heat", Hange apologized to Jean, "It's fine, we have to be here to watch over this moron", Jean stated as he looked at Eren. Levi walked over to Eren and Connie, "You all got so big... how dare you", Aila snorted at the comment, trying not to burst out laughing. "Is it something urgent?", Eren asked as he wiped his sweat off, Hange looked at him, "We've just received a reply from the Azumabito", everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered around to hear what may be their very future.

Hange sighed, "No good, looks like Hizuru came up empty-handed", Aila growled, she was frustrated with the results. Ymir walked up into the middle of everyone, "I knew those Hizuru bastards were interested in keeping our resources for themselves, they're not gonna help us trade with other nations, never were", Annie looked down at her hands that were steaming, healing from blisters. Hange scratched the back of her head, "Sure, there are organizations who want to protect the rights of Eldians, but they're considered freaks, no one will take them seriously. In fact, the world needs Paradis to be the root of all evil, they think that shared attitude brings them all together, protecting global stability", everyone frowned in frustration at the world, who wants to be the root of all evil? Eren sighed and stepped forwards, "So, does that mean we just have to rely on the rumbling and that we have no choice but to sacrifice Historia?", Levi looked away from everyone, "It does... it's in our treaty with Hizuru that we'll enter into a military alliance backed by the rumbling". Ymir growled, "I can't believe we even agreed to this, what was she thinking?! That... that idiot", she held back tears thinking about Historia's demise. Armin clenched his fists, "So... does the world want us to repeat the same evil acts our ancestors committed a hundred years ago? They've decided for themselves that we're devils, regardless of what our own intentions are, why can't we all think of a path toward peace together?", Annie walked up and placed her hand on Armin's shoulder, "Because they don't know who we are, so they're scared of us" "That's it, we could keep relying on the Azumabito to go around to other countries, but the outcome won't change. The world can't see our faces, why would they ever trust us? So, let's meet them ourselves, if they don't understand who we are, we just have to teach them. Isn't that what the survey corps is about?", Hange asked Levi squad. Everyone agreed that this was the best way they could understand the world better before resorting to the rumbling. Levi and Hange headed back to the walls, however Ymir wanted to stay and help a bit and would head back with everyone else on the steam engine.

Once they finished up for the day, they began to head back as the sun set. Armin was at the control of the engine, driving it home, "Create a base in Marley and sneak in from there? So that was the commander's plan", he analyzed Hange's plan. "And from there we can taste authentic Marleyan cuisine and-" "No, there's meaning in us surveying what's really happening in the world", Mikasa cut her gluttonous wife off, rolling her eyes as she rested her head on her shoulder. Ymir looked up at the sky, "Of course we'll still have to get help from either the volunteers or the Azumabito either way", she let out a sigh as she felt the cool breeze on her skin. Connie gazed off, "Huh, what should I bring? Hope I don't get a stomach bug" "Anti-acids, a toothbrush and a snack that tastes of home", Sasha said as she counted on her fingers. Mikasa rolled her eyes, "Were you listening at all?", Sasha chuckled as she looked away. "Niccolo said they have lots of kinds of alcohol right?", Jean asked as he looked at Marco next to him, Marco slapped the back of his head, "Oh shut it you alcoholic". Annie looked up at her wife, moving the hair from her face, "Well, fortunately for us, Eldian is a common tongue among the world so communicating with Marleyans and other nations should be easy, though you guys are gonna have to be careful of your accents", Aila laughed at her wife's semi-sarcastic comment, she loved her for her dry humor. "If only we had a little more time, Zeke has less than two years left", Eren stated, breaking the silence, "Me and Ymir only have five with a few months, Annie has four, Aila has six, and Armin has ten", silence was spread about the engine. "We need to decide soon, who's going to inherit our titans", Eren said, everyone sat silent for a moment, not sure what to say. Mikasa broke that silence, "I'll inherit one" "You know you can't Mika", Sasha told her wife, sweat dropped from her brow, she didn't want to think of Mikasa even potentially dying. Jean let out a sigh, "I will, I'll inherit the guard, since it's abilities match me best" "Me too", Marco spoke up. Jean jumped up, "No! You can't" "Listen Jean, me and you can inherit one each, I'll inherit the colossal, we have to". Jean clenched his fists, Marco placed a kiss on his cheek, calming him down a bit. "Alright then... who else?", Ymir asked, "Me, I'll inherit either Eren's", Sasha shouted. Mikasa grabbed her by the shoulders, "No! You can't I won't let you!", Sasha brought Mikasa's hand to her cheek, leaning into her touch, "It'll be ok love, we'll have children to carry out my legacy", a tear leaked from Sasha's eyes. Annie sat up, "Then I'll entrust my female to Nanaba, she has the most potential as the female" "Yeah, you're right, her or Sasha would be the best choice", Aila agreed. Connie gulped, "Th-Then I'll take the jaw, I can't let you guys take all the glory now can I?", he was visibly distressed, but determined. Ymir sighed, "Fine, then it's decided, who we pass our titans onto", everyone sat silently, taking in that their friends will die soon.

Eren looked down at his feet, "Guys... I don't want.. any of you that don't already have titan abilities to inherit one", Jean frowned and looked over at him, "Why not?" "Because you're important to me, more than anyone. So, I want you to live long lives", Eren responded. Everyone closed their eyes to think on what he said, not sure if they would get titans or not now. Jean looked over at Eren, and noticed he was blushing, "HUH?! WHY'RE YOU ALL RED?! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!", Armin smiled, "Jean, it's the sunset, it's making everyone red". He was right, everyone was a bit red, but not because of the sun, because they all felt the same way towards Eren. As they grew closer to the walls, Jean sat back up, "Well... now seems like a better time than any so", he stood up from his seat and walked in front of Marco, "Jean?", Marco asked confused. Jean continued to bend down on one knee, and pulled out a ring with a diamond in the center, everyone gasped with surprise. "Marco Bodt, you make me the happiest man alive by being by my side, and, with our ever so uncertain world, I want you to become my husband, so please, will you marry me?", Jean proceeded to ask, becoming redder than before. Marco began to cry, covering his mouth, he was so happy in that moment, "Yes! Of course yes!", he jumped onto Jean and kissed him, crying tears of joy. Everyone clapped and cheered for them, happy that even in this dark and uncertain world they lived in, they could find some parts of happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 9.5K 32
Levi X Reader Outside the wall are man eating monsters that the Scouting Legion are suppose to kill for the sake of humanity. Many die and only some...
63.4K 1.3K 27
Four years have passed. War has now been declared. The Great Nation of Marley wishes to exterminate the entire Eldia race, but will they achieve? Ere...
undone By ☆

Fanfiction

834 46 6
In an attempt to start anew, you move on your own to a new town and start attending Stohess University. Things kick off to a good start when the elit...
12.8K 230 19
≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ➢DISCONTINUED!! ❃ ➢Y/n is a girl 1 year younger than Eren and she i...