Hope - A Lord Of The Rings Ch...

By Elbereth43

Have you ever had something happen to you, so crazy that you couldn't describe it? That it made your heart ha... More

Biff, Cran and Skinner
A Very Angry Aredhrel
Gannedir the Healer
An Unexpected Arrival
A Tense Moment
Leggy and Co
Arwen Undomiel
I Could've Eaten That
The Dam of Rivendell
"It's about to burst!!"
"Raina!"
The Return of Skinner
Frodo's Late Night Visit
Awakening
The Past Holds Painful Memories
Hearts on Sleeves
"Who braids your hair?"
Spotty and Whisper
The Terrible Twins
A Late Arrivlal
Rilben and Hartha
"Ten Companions."
It Will Be Worth It
Gil and Galad
"Woah Bill!"
Frenemies Forever
In the Beginning
More Than Friends
Worse than Radagast
Just A Dream
Piggyback Races
Out There
If Only He Knew
The Watcher
Before My Mother Passed
I Hate Being Sick
Goodbye
The Flame, The Wizard and the Balrog - Part I
The Flame, The Wizard and the Balrog - Part II
Caras Galadhon
"Hobbits will put us all out of jobs!"
The Mirror
Almost Perfect
The Feast
Do you love me?
She Gave Me
What a Dwarf Needs
Its Taking Him
I'll Miss You
No Return
One Thing Burning True
Thank You!
UPDATE

There's nothing more lonely, than a life without love

458 11 0
By Elbereth43

Some of you were probably wondering how Legolas spent his day. Well, here it is.
- Ellie

*-*-*-*

Legolas wasn't exactly flustered, by the amount of women Pendor kept introducing him too as the made their way through Lothlórien, but it didn't mean he was cruising through it.

The trio were on their way to Cadhron's home, and of course the Pendor had to weave them through the centre of Caras Galadhon. Each time he spotted a maiden he knew, he waved and hailed them over.
"Egleriadis?"
"Lúthriel! Come, see the prince has returned."
"Adanessa!"
"Faelwen! Feast your eyes upon the handsome face of our own Mirkwood Prince!"

Legolas groaned inwardly. He could handle attention, it did not phase him, after all, he was a prince. But the prince did not want to mingle with a bunch of doting women all day.

To be honest, most Lothlórien women were completely unfazed by his appearance here, though some blushed and others were more forward, but Legolas took it all in his stride. Being the son of Thranduil, one of the most sought out elves of all Middle Earth, it was natural for him to receive this much attention. His father had told him his mother had gone through the same thing.

Cadhron frowned, muttering as Pendor continued to chat to Faelwen, completely in denial of their end goal.

When it came to beautiful maidens, Pendor would pursue them to any cost, perhaps even to the cost of his life.

"I thought we were aiming for my flet, not scouting potential marriage partners." Cadhron grumbled
Legolas chuckled, placing an arm on his shoulder.
"Have patience my friend, all is not lost. We know one thing, we are going in the right direction, and that is a start."
Cadhron sighed.
"A very small start." He looked to his friend, curious "You don't seem to be enjoying yourself as much as I thought? Even the famous beauty Lúthriel did not make you smile."

Legolas grimaced in remembrance.

Lúthriel was beautiful. If the dictionary had pictures in it her photo would be underneath the definition, her eyes were of emerald green and her hair of golden starlight. His heart caught in his chest once he saw her, as all ellons did when they gazed upon her for the first time.

"Your highness." She said softly, a slight smirk upon her face as she rose upward from her bow. Legolas could see her dimples, and they gave her a vulnerable childlike countenance, though, Legolas felt she was as sly as a serpent.
"Nice to meet you."
"He's just arrived with a company, they're going on a quest to Mordor." Pendor informed, and Legolas rolled his eyes.

Pendor had been telling everyone he met everything he knew, and Legolas wouldn't be surprised if the whole of Lothlórien knew all the names of the members of his company.

He smiled as he thought of Raina.
"Mordor?!" Lúthriel asked, noting his dream like, frozen gaze. She smirked triumphantly, thinking she had made a good impression.

A prince was just what she needed, not that her last suitor, Beriadon wasn't handsome, but he couldn't compare to Legolas. She found herself memorizing each detail of his face, his soft eyes and strong figure.

She wanted to know what it felt like to run her hands through his silken hair.

Cadhron nudged Legolas. He had been caught up in thoughts of Raina.

"Pardon? Oh." He blinked as Lúthriel smiled secretively "Yes my lady. We are on a quest, the One Ring has been found."
"So it is true..."Lúthriel breathed, looking between the three of them "The rumours are true."

If the Ring had been found then it also meant there was a mysterious woman that had been travelling with Legolas and the rest of his company. Lúthriel suddenly wanted to know everything about her.

Legolas threw a look at Pendor who shrugged.
"I'm sorry to cut this meeting short my lady," Cahdron said, whose patience was running thin "But we really must be on our way."

She nodded, her resolve on what to do about the woman made up.
"Of course," she smiled "I hope we shall be seeing each other again, my prince."

Legolas clenched his teeth, understanding the meaning behind those words. He nodded and spoke as politely and stoically as possible.
"So do I."
"Novaer!" She called, waving as she sauntered through the field.
"Novaer!" The men called back, and Legolas released a breath he didn't know he was holding.
"So?" Pendor grinned "She's breathtaking, isn't she?"

Cadhron rolled his eyes and barged past him.
"Idiot." He muttered, and Legolas followed.
"Friends? Oh come on admit it she's heavenly!!" He called, jogging after them.

'Sickeningly Heavenly.' Legolas added inside his head, as he stood by Cadhron.
"Pardon? Legolas?" Cadhron shook him.
"Sorry." He apologised
"What is with you? Your head has been in the clouds all day. Come I must insist on knowing. Empty yourself mellon (friend)."

Legolas sighed. He loved Raina, but what would Cadhron think? He knew Raina's beauty did not match Lúthriel's (though he couldn't care less) but would his friend approve? Would he give his blessing, or even understand how Legolas was feeling?

Legolas turned to him and whispered.
"Perhaps it is because my heart is already taken." Legolas began to walk past Pendor, intent on reaching Cadhron's flet soon.

Cadhron was shocked. Who possibly could Legolas be in love with? He had only just met a few women this past hour, was he already besotted? Or did he have someone else back home in Mirkwood waiting for him,?

Cadhron caught up to him.
"By who?" He whispered back. Legolas stopped, turning to him and clasping his shoulder
"Do you swear to secrecy?"
Cadhron placed his arm over his, clasping his right shoulder.
"Of course."
Legolas trusted him. Cadhron could keep a secret, whereas Pendor was known as Lothlórien's gossip.
"Raina."
"Raina?!" He whispered hurriedly, drawing his friend in closer. "The daughter of man travelling with you?"
"Aye." Legolas nodded, a smile taking over his lips "She's wonderful Cadhron. If you but knew her, I know you'd love her as I do."
He started walking again.
"Have you told her?" Cadhron asked
"Nay." Legolas shook his head "I have not had the strength to. I'm scared...though I don't know why. I cannot sleep, my thoughts of her consume me, day in, day out."
"Then it must be love." Cadhron sighs, matter-of-factly.
"What do you mean?" Legolas asks curiously.
"Legolas...no one sleeps when they are in love."

Legolas blinked. Hearing this from Cadhron reassured him of Galadriel's, Gandalf's of everyone's words. What he felt was real, something more than a childish crush, something richer, something real.

"We are approaching my flet.." Cadhron tells him, looking upward. Legolas could see a comfortable sized house, made of beautiful carved stone and wood, with a small marble staircase leading upward towards it, decorated with bluebells and chrysanthemums. "When I shall walk with you back, toward your residence, you shall tell me everything about Raina. And why you have not told her you lover her as of now."

Cadhron was using a tone Legolas had often seen him employ in the prescence of his sisters to get them to behave, and knew there was no point trying to wiggle out of it.
"Alright." Legolas smirked "Onlyn
if you tell me of this maiden Pendor says you were once so obsessed with."

A deep pink tinged Cadhron's cheeks, standing out against his black hair.

"All right." He mumbled, and Legolas laughed.

****
The trio were now at the entryway to Cadhron's flet. The door was wooden, and the frame held finely carved elven runes. Legolas looked at the bluebells framing the door, and a window the shape of an arch that was covered by a curtain.

"Gwil! I'm home!"
Legolas heard a muffled sound, then feet scurrying across the floor. The trio listened as Gwil began unfastening the bolts. Her brother had disappeared without a word this morning, and her curiosity was at its peak.

He had never left home so early, why now?

Legolas couldn't help but grin. It had been maybe hundreds and hundreds of years since he had seen his friend, and he was excited to see her change. Pendor was leaning casually on
The wooden door swung open and out stepped Gwil.

"Cadhron?!" She chastised "Where did you go? Who with? Why did you leave us without so much as a word?!"

Legolas was shocked at her transformation. The last time he had seen her, she had barely left her elfling years behind her. Now her soft black hair framed her oval hear shaped head perfectly and tumbled down to her waist. Her once green eyes had darkened to hazel orbs which seemed to reflect the light just perfectly and dance with hidden feelings. Her skin was smooth as silk, the cuts and scars from rough play years ago faded. She walked with am air of dignity now, and the silhouette of her dress matched the shape of her body perfectly.

She had grown up.

Gwil punched his shoulder.
"Ow!" Cadhron moaned, rubbing the area painfully as Pendor snickered.
"Good. I am glad that hurt. Do you know how worried we all were?"
"Gwil, you cannot say you were all worried, for it is almost midday, and I doubt Haeronwen has even risen from her slumber." He rose an eyebrow
Gwil fell silent.
"I didn't want to wake her. She'd be worried. You know how much she adores you."
Cadhron rolled his eyes.
"I think you mistake adoration for disdain. But, you wish to know the reason why I left so early without a word?"
Gwil nodded.
"Well. Here he is."
And he stepped out of the way, bringing Legolas into view.

At first Gwil had no idea who this handsome stranger was. His eyes were like an ocean blue, calm and entrancing. His hair was neatly braided back, and he wore a silver jacket over a while tunic. His hands were strong, and defined, but soft and delicate at the same time.

His figured was tall and lithe, and he had a look about him that he had seen much of the world in so little time.

But she kept coming back to his eyes. They looked familiar.

"Legolas?" She asked unasuredly, and he grinned. She stepped forward and threw her arms around him. He was surprised at first, but then hugged back gently. She held him at arm's length.
"I can't believe it's you! You've changed so much."
"And so have you!" He replied, lifting a lock of her hair up to her view "You've grown your hair."

She bit her lip nervously, wondering what he would think. After their parents had died, Gwil had undergone a change. She had always been chastised by them for never sitting up straight, always getting into fights, tearing her clothes and getting mud on her boots. Now that they were gone she had wanted to make them proud, and be a good example yo her sisters. So she placed all her weapons in a trunk and locked them up, learnt how to sow and mended all her torn clothes, and began the excruciatingly process of turning her bob into what it is today.
"Its wonderful." Legolas smiled.

Gwil smiled back.

"Ehem?" Pendor coughed, and held his arms open wide "Where's my hug?"

Legolas shared an amused look with her.
"Aww....does my baby brother need a hug?" She teased, meeting his arms. Pendor places his chin atop her head. "You always like to lord it over me that you're older than me, don't you?"
"Yes." She grinned, stepping away from the hug.

Her gaze flocked back to Legolas.

He smiled.

Pendor caught their exchange, and smirked.

Cadhron's head reappeared around the door frame, he had gone inside once Gwil hugged Legolas
"Aren't you coming inside then?"
"Oh!" Gwil replied, following him inside.
"Yes of course." Legolas replied, following her with Pendor behind him, who shut the door.

Their house was just like Legolas remembered, though there had been a few small changes. It seemed their room that once belonged to their parents, now belonged to Haeronwen, for the door was closed shut, and he guessed she was getting dressed.
They now had two portraits of their mother and father hanging above the fireplace, and the famous worn dining table with chips and dents in the woodwork had received a fresh coat of paint, and lick of gloss.

Altogether it was still the same wonderfully comfortable house Legolas had spent many days of his youth playing and visiting in.

He took his place beside Pendor in a small room with a book shelf full or oracles, scrolls and texts of various sorts. Cadhron had inherited his father's love for knowledge and discovery, so it was no surprise Legolas saw papers sprawled across his desk in th corner, ink pots and quills all over the house.
"Excuse the mess." Cadhron replies, trying to rectify the mess on his workspace "If I had known you were coming I'd have made sure the house was a bit..." he looked around, before dust on his window sill caught his gaze. He wiped his finger on it, inspecting the dust before shaking it away. "More organised."
Legolas caught Gwil's scowling gaze. She was annoyed. Her brother was a complete perfectionist. The other day she and her sisters had cleaned the house top to bottom, and it had never shone so clear. If he wanted it any better than that, let him do it himself!

"All is well Cadhron." Legolas smiled, noting her look "its perfect."

Gwil smiled at him, grateful.

It was then that two young elleths in their late teens (or at least that is what it would be referred to in human years) entered the room. They were both delighted to hear their brother's voice, after all they had been worried about him all morning, but curious as to who he was talking to.

"Cadhron!" They cried, leaping on him with hugs.
"Woah!" He laughed, wrapping an arm around the two of them. "See Gwil, this is how you should greet your older brother."

She rolled her eyes.
"You are my senior by three minutes Cadhron."

"And as you're senior." He kissed their heads "I deserve the utmost respect and affection."

Gwil rolled her eyes for the second time.
"Where did you go?" Lostariel asked
"Yes. Why did you go?" Lindethiel added "I was so worried."
Cadhron grinned.
"Look who's sitting by the fire."

Lostariel and Lindethiel turned their heads, and they marveled at whom they saw.

They looked at each other, than at him.
"Legolas!" They cried, running toward him and leaping at him. He laughed, receiving them in his arms.
"My goodness! You've grown since we last met!"

They stepped back, and he observed their change. The innconc if childhood had began to fade from their faces, and they now reached his breast in height, though Lostariel was still the tallest of the two.

"You my sisters have become very beautiful indeed."
Lindethiel blushed and her twin giggled.
"Oh Legolas! You always knew how to compliment a girl..." her eyes drifted to Cadhron and she sneered "Unlike some people."
Cadhron scoffed.
"How many times do I have to tell you? I said I was sorry."
"Sorry for what?" Legolas questioned

Gwil moved to sit down by the armchair which was situated closest towards the fire.
"I bought her a new dress and Cadhron failed to notice any different from the last." She explained, picking up a book and fiddling with it.
Cadhron protested.
"They were the same colour! How was I supposed to know the difference?"
"That was because one was lace and the other was silk!" Lostariel added

Lindethiel smiled softly.
"You can hardly blame him, Los, not when he spends all his life in books."
"That's because unlike women they don't speak, are easier to understand and you are not required to differentiate between lace and silk."

Gwil and Lostariel groaned and Lindethiel snickered with Pendor and Legolas. It was funny to see Cadhron bicker with his sisters, and Gwin and Los were usually on one side, whereas he was on the other, with Lindethiel to act as peacemaker.

Lindethiel was soft, and she and her sister shared their mother's grey-blue eyes. On the other hand, Lostariel was outspoken, and from what Legolas could tell, highliy flirtatious when it came to men.

They were an odd pair. But they loved each other.

"What's lace?" A yawn came from the doorway which the twins had just entered. An elfling stood with a cast around her right leg, shivering as she drew a blanket around the shoulders of her nightgown closer.

"So," Cadhron began "You have finally risen from your slumber."
"Calm down Cad.." she yawned "It's only midday."
"Half of the day is already gone Haeronwen, and besides, we have a guest."
She yawned.
"Who?"
"Look for yourself."
Her tired eyes scanned the room, noticing Pendor, and a handsome ellon with blonde hair.
"Whose this? Haldir?"
Pendor snickered with the girls. Cadhron sighed.
"Haldir has brown eyes and is shorter than him. You know this. Think harder."
"Oh I don't know. Lord Celeborn?"
Cadhron punched the bridge of his nose.
"Why would he be in our flet? No. Its Legolas."
"Who?" Haeronwen asked, drawing more laughter. Legolas slightly embarrassed leaned forward.
"Its alright Haeronwen. You probably don't remeber me but...
"You're the ellon who used to pick me up and throw me in the air!"
Legolas blinked.
"Sorry. I didn't recognise you. The memory of your face is a bit fuzzy. But now I know you're name everything is so clear." She hobbled forward "Honoured to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine." Legolas smiled, before shifting so she could sit down beside him. He helped her get comfortable between him and Pendor.

"Cadhron tells me you've become quite mischievous in my absence."
Haeronwen rolled her eyes.
"To Cadhron, staying up past bedtime because of use of the lavatory is mischievous."
Cadhron threw her a look.
"No really. He told me you're famous all over Lórien for your escapades. "
She struggled to conceal her smirk and shrugged.
"I guess so."
"You'll have to meet the hobbits and Raina. You'd like them?"
"Hobbits?" Haeronwen asked excitedly. She had heard about them through bedtime stories, but never thought they existed.
"Yes. They are travelling with me in my company."
"Is it true you're going to Mordor?" Lostariel burst in.
Cadhron threw her a look.
"What?"
Legolas sighed.
'I supposed the whole of Lothlórien must know now. Might as well tell them.'

"Yes." He nodded.

Gwil paled.
'Mordor?! That is nothing more than a barren wasteland. Full of ash and fire and orcs.'

She hated orcs.

Legolas caught her look.

"I am not alone. I go with four hobbits, a dwarf, two sons of men and a daughter. We use to travel with Gandalf, but as you will all have heard by now he fell in Moria."
Gwil nodded.
"Is it true he slayed a Balrog?" Haeronwen asked excitedly "Amazing!"
"Uh...it is not amazing!" Cadhron replied, picking up Haeronwen's distasteful look. "It is a very dangerous thing to do."
She looked to Legolas.
"He's right." He confirmed "Gandalf died trying to fight it. Have you heard of Glorfindel?"
She nodded.
"He perished the same way. You need to be powerful, very powerful to kill one. Not even a wizard could do it."
"Could Lady Galadriel do it?"
Pendor laughed.
"If she could I would want to know why she hasn't used it yet against the terrors of Morgoth."
"Whose Morgoth?"
Gwil threw him a pointed look.
"Nevermind Haerowen. I'll tell you once you're older."
She huffed.
"Why is everyone's response to anything 'when you're older'?"
Legolas chuckled.
"Don't worry Haeronwen." Legolas smiled at her "I wish I was your age again. The world seemed so simple then."

Gwil caught his eye and smiled. She knew all too well what he meant. Before her parents died lifed seemed so carefree, easy, now things we' re so difficult, the days long and hard, but with her sisters and brother she knew she could accomplish anything.

"So are we going to hear about these hobbits or not?" Lostariel asked "And about Raina. Who is she?"

Legolas felt colour returning to his ears and was thankful that his hair covered it.
"She's...she's..."
"Is she nice?" Haeronwen asked
"What does she look like?" Lostariel replied
"Does she play?" Lindethiel added shyly
Legolas was at a lost for words.
"Hold on you must give him time to answer." Cadhron chastised
"Sorry." They apologised.
"No it's ok." Legolas laughed nervously. Gwil picked up on this. Who ever she was, Raina was certainly special. "She's been travelling with us since we left Rivendell. She's very nice, really too good hearted for this world I think at times, she's got dark hair and eyes, and she plays the fiddle."
"You seem to know a lot about her..." Cadhron teased expertly. Legolas threw him a silent glare
"I know her as well as she allowed me to."

Cadhron laughed internally. Gwil picked up on their exchange, sensing their was something more to the prince's relationship with Raina than he let on.
"What about the hobbits?" Haeronwen asked him, gripping onto Legolas' arm excitedly "What of them?"

And so, with eager participants willing to listen, Legolas told of them of their adventures. He spoke eagerly of Raina's arrival, the rescue of Frodo and herself, the Council of the Ring, the incident with Bill, and the songs, laughs and jokes of the journey, the Watcher, and their episodes in Moria.

The only thing he kept to himself was Raina's sudden secretive past and crying.

"What happens next?" Haeronwen asked "What are you going to do now that you're in Lothlórien?"
Legolas shrugged.
"I do not know. That is up for Aragorn to decide."
"I hope you shall stay for a while." Haeronwen smiled "It'll be nice to have someone fun around. Not like Cadhron."
Pendor scoffed.
"What about me?"
"You don't count. You only help me with my pranks when it benefits you."
Pendor nearly spits out his drink.
"I thought we said we wouldn't mention that."
"Mention what?" Cadhron asks suspiciously.
"Nevermind." He mumbles.

Cadhron keeps an eye on him.
"So what happened to Raina?" Lostariel asked.
"Yes. Where is she?" Gwil added, suddenly curious. She wondered why.
"She's in the healer's wing. We haven't heard word from there yet but I'm sure she's recovering well."

Gwil nodded. Part of her wanted to meet the girl who had been so ardently talked about, and the other half wanted her to stay up there in the healer's wing as long as possible. If only it meant she could get five minutes with Legolas alone.

Legolas looked toward the clock. It was late afternoon, almost five. He should probably be on his way. Aragorn might need him.

He stood up abruptly.
"I should be on my way back now. Aragorn might need my assistance."

Cadhron nodded and stood up promptly.
"I'll accompany you back."
His eyes caught the cutlery and trays they had eaten off of, and his face changed to one of disdain. Gwil rolled her eyes again and stood, ready to accompany Legolas to the door.

She couldnt make sense of why she seemed so eager to see him out. Pendor came and went as he pleased and she never lifted a finger.

Haeronwen and the others joined her as Cadhron lead Legolas to the door.
"Will you come back and visit?" Haeronwen asked him eagerly as Legolas exited the flet.
"Of course. If your brother allows it."
Cadhron smiled..
"Come any time you like, in fact bring anyone with you perhaps even...." he smirked suggestively and Legolas felt heat return to his ears.

In an attempt for distraction he bent down and whispered in Haeronwen's ear.
"I'll make sure to help you prank your brother. He can't be the only one to not suffer your mischief."
Haeronwen covered her mouth as she giggled.
"Novaer Lostariel." He kissed her cheek and her chest began to flush, and she was grateful her dress covered it. She knew Legolas would never be interested in her in a million years, but that tiny part of her still hoped. He kissed her twin who also blushed, but that was because she was shy "Novaer Lindethiel."

Gwil caught his eye.

Legolas smiled.

She stepped forward.

Pendor watched their exchange with a carefully concealed smile, knowing Cadhron would overreact profusely if he knew Legolas was showing signs of affection toward his younger sister.

"Novaer Gwililethol." He smiled, wrapping his arms around her. Hearing him call her that made her blush, and she wondered why. She normally hated it when people addressed her by her full name, but found she no longer cared when he did. "Novaer Legolas." She replied, disappointed when they had pulled apart.

Cadhron clapped an arm around his shoulder, and the two headed down the steps. Once they were out of earshot, Lostariel pounced on her sister.
"He likes you." She smirked.
Gwil blushed heavily.
"Hush Lostariel. 'Tis wrong to assume to know another's heart."
"Its true." Pendor grinned "I saw the way he stared at you. Never in my life have I seen Legolas so focused on another human being."

Gwil blushed harder.
"Pendor he only just met me. You are mistaken."
"Mistaken?!" Pendor spat "As someone who has had more lovers than you all combined, I think I know love when I see it. Trust me Gwil..." he grinned "In a few years you shall hear wedding bells ringing."

Gwil blushed.
"Wedding bells?" Haeronwen asked "Are you getting married? Did papa arrange it before he died?"
Gwil placed her hands on Haeronwen's shoulders.
"No one is getting married Meleth, Pendor was just teasing. Let's get inside. It's time we made suffer."
Haeronwen huffed.
"I hate making supper."

****
Cadhron and Legolas walked calmly through the village of Lórien. It was fairly quiet, another night air filled with quiet voices of singing and laughter. Legolas loved it hear. He always felt like the world seemed brighter, the future more promising. It was so different to Mirkwood.

A once green land, it had been eaten away by both time and malice. Legolas hoped that once they vanquished Sauron things would be different. Things would be bright and new.  Just like Lothlórien.

Cadhron was never one to waste time, and had started interrogating him about Raina as soon as they had left.
"Is she beautiful?"
"What does she play?"
"How long have you know her?"

Legolas answered enthusiastically, more than glad to talk about the one he loved. He found nothing came more easy on his tongue than thoughts of Raina.
"Aye. She is."
"She plays the fiddle."
"Since October 24th."

Cadhrob found out many things that night. Firstly, that he had never seen Legolas as Merry as he was now. Truly, whomever she was to make him so happy, Raina had to be someone special. Secondly, that although the couple had not known each other that long, he could sense a deep, unwavering connection that bound the two of them together. Three, that if given the choice Legolas would risk anything, do anything for her.

Looking at his friend he finally realised what love was.

The two of them returned to where the camp originally was, only to realise everything had been taken away and cleared.

Nobody was in sight, not even the hobbits.

"Oh." Legolas said "It slipped my mind. They have prepared rooms for us."
"Do you know where?"
He shook his head.

So the two set out about to locate Legolas' room. It did not take long,  Cadhron knew his way about Galadriel's palace well, and he knew where she housed most of her guests. Soon enough, Legolas was outside a room him and Aragorn would share, Gimli being kept with Boromir to prevent any arguments.

"Here we are." Cadhron replied. Legolas' hand spread along the wood door. He stopped suddenly and turned to Cadhron.
"What do you think she would say? If I told her I love her."
Cadhron stood blankly, puzzled.
"Legolas I do not know. I am not her."
"Of course." He smiled "It was a silly question."
"But Legolas.." he began, stepping forward and placing an arm on his shoulder. Cadhron felt like this was a grave moment in his friend's life, and if he as his brother in arms did not give him the right advice, Legolas would regret what he would or wouldn't do forever "If you love her, and I know that you do, you should tell her. There is nothing more lonely in life, than a life without love. And if you truly believe she could that give to you, then you must grasp the opportunity while it yours. If what you say is true, wouldn't you rather spend one lifetime with her, than face all the ages of this world alone? Think on it."

Cadhron headed back down the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 6.6K 40
Aaron, being a Skin-changer, made life hard. Her own parents didn't want her and left her at the Elves' doorstep. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, found her...
23.9K 491 25
Y/N Y/L/N is an 19 year old outgoing , funny , smart , pretty girl. She of course loves the lord of the rings and the hobbit movies and books thanks...
9.9K 227 17
Aura Thranduilion As a young elf, you were different then most wood elves. Most people didn't care of it. You weren't aware of the curse you were bor...
77.5K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...