Whirlwind | The Maze Runner...

Bởi JazzBrylyn

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST... Xem Thêm

cast
My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain
TO DO: Learn Frypan's Real Name
An Alien In Our Backyard
Another One Bites The Dust
Am I Making New Friends? Part-1
Am I Making New Friends? Part-2
Harrowing Memory
Deadheads Mayhem
Showers Are The Best Place To Cry
Tonight On Dr. Phil- A TRAITOR!
Why Stealing Is Thrilling
Sliced Up Nick
Newt Gets Brownie Points
Wanna be Merida Of The Glade
And Then He Kissed Me
A Messy Situation
Jealousy Suits Him
Under The Million Stars
Day One As The Rookie-Runner
I Slept With Newt!
Nothing To See Here, Just Your Usual New Greenie
He Has No Idea Why It Is Him Who Babysits The Greenies
We Both Are Broken Souls
Running, Feelings And More
A Fully-Fledged Runner At Your Service
The Fucked Up World We Live In
"I Adore You"
Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap
When Bats Flutter In My Stomach
Trapped Out
Thomas And His 'Dead' Friends
The Grivers Are Players
Minho's Girlfriend Wants Us Dead
Florencia
Minho Being Un-Minho-ish
Gathering Is Freaking Chaotic
They Place A Bet On Us?!
The One Where Addie Gets Mad
Cliche Is Not My Forte
Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling
Great Minds Thinks Alike
Prepping Up For The Date
Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses
Thomas And Minho-The Maze Interior Designers
Grivers Into The Glade
It's Raining Glasses
Griver-Hole And A Wave Of Guilt
Meet Chuck- My Mom
The Creators Are A Big Bloody Pile Of Klunk
The Funeral
The Maze Gives Us Weird Words
The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty
When Our Names Are Not Our Names
Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions
Are We Going Home Now?
The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest
Sequel
THE SEQUEL IS UP

Would You Rather And A Whole Lot Of Meaningful Trash Talks

2.7K 59 5
Bởi JazzBrylyn

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

 NEWT

"And you know, then Winston pulled on its rope, but that buggin' pig didn't stop. It just kept pulling him. And it pulled him so hard that Zart just flew off and smashed his face on the mud!" I say animatedly and Addie howls in laughter, falling in top of me.

It is fun to just sit there, alone and talk and talk about absolutely nothing. We had too much of Gally's drink and we were quite drunk but Addie had said that she wanted to stay. Minho, Ben and Stan are around the now extinguished, bonfire, totally knocked out from all those drinks.

"I wish I could see it." Addie say as she wiped a tear from her eyes, clutching her stomach. "Ohh..my stomach!"

She sits up and tries to calm myself. I take another swig of the drink.

"Oh, you know that day, something happened with Jeff!" She says, slowly. "So it was a normal Med-jack day and we were doing nothing. Literally. Like I was about to doze off on the bed. So Clint here, suggested-"

"Hey lovebirds!" Minho groans. "We're tryin' to sleep in here. Get you asses somewhere else!"

Ben groans in agreement.

I roll my eyes as Addie giggles. She pulls herself up, nearly stumbling and then pulls me up. We decide to go to her room and carry on talking. We hook our fingers as we walk and suddenly, Addie halts, pulling me with her.

"I have an idea!" her eyes glint mischievously.

"Ooh! What are you going to do?"

"Use my immunity as a Med-jack! You wait for me at the Kitchens, I'm gonna come up soon." She say as she runs to the Med-jack hut, swaying slightly.

I limp quickly towards the kitchen, exited about what could she could be planning.

I lean on the edge of kitchen counter, waiting for her.

What is she planning?

She comes in a few minutes later, carrying a glass bottle with dark liquid swishing around and smirks at me.

"Addie, what is that?" I ask her eyeing that bottle with a whole lot of disapproval. I know that whatever is there in the bottle wasn't exactly nice.

She seemingly ignores my question, "Perks of working with the Med-jacks. You know about what's there." She winks at me.

"Love? What is in there?" I ask slowly, as I lean to get a good look.

"This is one of the ingredients that Gally uses in that shit drink of his." She say as she unscrews the cap.

"Look, I am sure that this is a great idea but I don't think we should mess with Gally's stuff." I say.

"He doesn't mind, he uses it all the time. Jeff and Clint too, you know, when the day gets too boring or too stressful. They say that it's helpful after you have a bad day or stressful day or something, whatever that means." She takes a huge swig of the drink and grimaces. "Ew! That's nasty!" she coughs. She takes another swig, "How can someone drink this?!"

"Then why are you still drinking it?" I say as I hold out my hand. "Let me see."

"Wait a second." She hold up her finger and drinks the drink. "Yup, that's still tastes like shit."

"Come on!" I whine. "Give me!" I snatch the drink and eye the swishing drink. "Bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?" I say, smelling the liquid.

The drink looks revolting as it is and smells even worse.

"Just try it, you little pussy!" Addie pressurizes me, "Share in my disgust! Have fun." She rummages through the kitchen cupboards and shelves without any fear of Frypan's wrath and stacks all the snacks on her arm. Then she drops them on the floor and sits down. She tears open one of the chips packet and digs in, filling are mouth with them.

"I have a feeling that we would regret it the next morning." I tilt the bottle and fill the drink.

As the liquid goes down my throat, it seems to burn and tingle. I can't say that is bad, but the only thing that's is disappointing is the taste.

"Have this." She hands me a plate of fried bacon, which was surely, tomorrow's breakfast.

"Frypan will kill us." I say.

"Nah! He loves me. You worry about yourself."

I laugh. "You only live once, right?"

"Righty."

I finish the plate within minutes. After that we had downed the whole drink. And half emptied all Frypan's secret stash.

"You know, everyone should get to try this drunk!" Addie rambles as she flops on my lap. "I mean this drink!"

"The Glade?" I giggle being completely oblivious. "I think that the whole world should try gettin' this drunk!" I run my hands through her hair. "Its just that it doesn't feel right, but it also feels very very right. You know?"

"I know! I want to puke, but I also want to make out with you."

What? What!?!

"You- you wanna make out with me- me?"

"Yes!" she giggle. "I want to!"

"Same pinch! I want to make out with you too!" I squeal.

We both burst into fits of laughter. She adjust herself beside me and places her feet on my lap.

"Let's play a game." She smiles.

"I can only think of Would You Rather."

She grins and takes a bite of the chocolate bar. "You start."

I wrinkle my nose and pout as I try to think a really interesting question.

"Would you rather be color blind or have no taste buds."

She smiles, being impressed. "Ummm.." she thinks. "I can't live without food so, I chose color blind. My turn. Would you...rather be the richest or the smartest?"

I take the chocolate from her as I think. "Richest. You can get away with almost everything."

"Like murder?"

"Like murder! So, my turn. Would you rather eat dog food or six over ripe bananas?"

"Why are your questions always about food?" she groans and I giggle. "Because you love food and I love to torture you. Now answer."

"Dog food?" she imitates gagging. "Over ripe bananas?" she gags again. "This is too bad. Give me something else."

"No, no, no." I tut. I take the bottle and pour the last drop of the drink into my mouth. "Chose up."

"Fine..." she groans, "Dog food." I howl in laughter, almost dis-balancing and falling face first on the floor.

"Keep laughing. Make out with Gally or Eric?"

"What?!"

"Chose now!"

"No one! Seriously, what kind of question is that?"

"My revenge kind. Now answer."

"Seriously, no one."

"I don't know. You have to choose."

I glare hard at her. "Eric." Addie sticks her tongue at me and laughs. I roll my eyes at her. "Would you rather find true love or be rich?"

Addie blinks at me once. Her mocha brown eyes are dull. I don't know if it is because of tiredness or because of something else.

"True love." She whispers and immediately asks me the next question. "Would you rather have committed relationships or meaningless flings?"

"Committed relationship." I say without missing a beat. "Would you rather confess your feelings to your crush or wait for them to make the first move."

"Wait for them." She adjusts herself closer to me, facing me. I too, being high on liquid courage, scoot closer to her, my breath almost catching in my throat in anticipation.

"Cuddle or kiss?" I ask.

"Kiss." She whispers. "Love or be loved?"

"Love. Kiss in the rain or under the stars?"

"Under the stars. Kiss in public or in private?"

"Private."

My gaze flickers down her lips and back to her eyes. She is staring at me intently. I never knew how close we really had leaned towards each other. She leans forward a little. I lean too.

"We are.. We are. ." she coughs and scoots back. I copy her. "Drunk." I complete.

"Right. We shouldn't do things that we might regret the next morning."

"Exactly. I'm.. I'm glad that we are on the same page."

Did we almost kiss?

Addie heaves herself up, holding onto the cupboard for support. "Everything is so swirly. The whole world is looking swirly." She say, swaying her hand like a sea tide. "Whoo.."

She grabs my hand and heaves me up. I stumble and crash into the kitchen top, sending a few utensils clanging onto the floor.

We wince at the noise. "Shhhh.." she and both put our fingers into our lips.

"I know. Did the Earth always spin or it's too noticeable tonight?" I ask, my vision blurry.

We both somehow reach the Homestead, stumbling and giggling all the way. I'm pretty sure that I stepped onto Jax one point of the time too. When we reach her room, she pulls my hand. "Stay with me?"

I nod, eagerly and enter her room. She shuts the door behind her and plops on her mattress and I drop beside her.

"Why is your name Newt? Isn't that a lizard? Why would someone want his name as a lizard?" she giggles, drunkenly.

"I don't know! Maybe I am a lizard. Like, I can change into a lizard!" I giggle back too.

"I guess you are a superhero, Mr. Lizard! You change into your lizard avatar and fight crimes." she laughs.

"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?"

"Of course." She say, before extending her hand towards me. "Hello Mr. Lizard, I am Adelaide!" she say in the worst imitation of my accent.

I start to laugh, clutching my stomach. I bring our interwoven hand to my lips and kiss her knuckles. "Miss Stone Face, pleasant to meet you."

We laugh so hard after that.

Addie face falls. Tears wells up her beautiful mocha brown eyes. She keeps staring at the ceiling. I prop on my elbow, turning towards her. "What happened?"

She blinks and turns her head towards me. "Do you think that they miss us? Our parents?"

A sinking feeling in my stomach grows. I don't know what to say to her because, all this time, I'm unable to answer the same for myself. I keep looking at her, unable to move my gaze from hers. "I don't know. I mean- I mean they should, right?"

She nods slowly. But I can still see the doubt in her eyes.

What if it's them who have thrown us here? What if it's them who have actually put us in here because maybe we are dangerous to them and the society? What if we are all dangerous people, not worthy of staying among the mass?

I start crying, uncontrollably. "I just don't get why do we have to do all these? Why can't we be like normal people? Go to school? Have a family? And have girlfriends?"

Addie again readjusts herself until she is scooted towards me, her head resting on my chest. "We are all in a big bloody depression."

"Why do I feel that I'm the worse? It is so bad! I don't deserve to be happy, and not here! Being here sucks. Dyin' seemed so nice."

"I love the idea of dying too, I sometimes wish that I just hold my breath and never let it go, but you really shouldn't talk like that."

"Why?"

"Because I don't think it's correct right? How can we kill ourselves? We have no right to that. Many a times when I think of dying, I get scared."

"Why?"

"I-I-I don't want to leave people who care for me, behind. I don't want to disappoint them."

Addie lies there silently before bursting into fits of laughter, "This sounds so depressing!"

I start laughing loudly. From the corner of my eyes, I see Addie stare at me, laughing with me.

"I've always had this feeling that I've known you before. That I know about you more than I know myself." I say.

"You're very familiar to me too. Like there is this itch in my head. A familiar feeling. It's like I-I have this-this feel that I know you, but I don't know how."

"I'm so sorry for fighting with you." She whispers.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you." I say

"I'm so sorry with being so rude with you."

"I'm so sorry for not saying sorry to you earlier."

"I'm so sorry for everything."

"I'm so sorry that I really like you and that you won't remember this the next morning." I play with her hair.

She laughs, "You have a very beautiful eyes, Newt."

I don't remember what happened from there. I just remember waking up beside her, my face buried into her curly hair. Surprisingly, Alby had given everyone a break, and we both slept for over 10 hours and missed the breakfast.

That bloody drink.

And thankfully no one came into Addie's room that day. Explaining people why we were sleeping together would be very hard. It was about two days from that night, and I still don't remember what all had happened between me and Addie.

Speaking of Addie, I don't think she remembered much from that night. I wasn't in control of myself. I don't know if I had misbehaved with her. I didn't want her to get horrendously angry with me and think that I've taken advantage of her drunken state, which I don't think that I did.

Did I?

She said that she remembered getting stupidly drunk and us talking about how horrid our lives are and that dying seemed a better option than living like this. She remembered the game and then that moment.

I understood that the drink, whatever that was, is very dangerous. It did loosened things up and made us relaxed but it was good and bad.

The thing is, I like to be in control and that drink made me out of control, sending my emotions and wishes and desire haywire. I would have taken advantage of her and not even know. Which I don't want to. At all.

And I'm just not a person like that. So I'd decided that I would never ever ever drink that drink ever again.

Ever.

TOTAL WORDS-2220

A/N:

i wanted them to kiss, really. but then a devil possessed me and i was like, nah! not so easily! sorry for the long chapter but i really enjoyed writing this. 

THIS IS NOT PROOFREAD CHAPTER AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

vote and comment if you liked this chapter

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

123K 3.6K 30
″ i knew it would all come crashing down when i came to the point where i would leave the whole world behind for you. ‶ [Winner of the E-Awards: "Be...
339K 9.1K 26
❝ Property of WICKED Group A, Subject A3 The Musician ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 1/3 ❩ She adapts, fights, and survives. She falls for a special someo...
222K 4.1K 33
A feeling of comfort washed over me as his arms repeated my action, pulling me closer to his chest. "Of course, I got completely tangled up in all th...
604K 14.3K 43
//𝙣𝙚𝙬𝙩 𝙭 𝙤𝙘 // ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ❝ A sky full of stars and he was staring at her. ❞ ~ atticus ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ #1 in themazerunner - 15/02/21 #1 in james da...