The Werewolf in the Closet

By Cqari2Sweet

Ady Cast has been plagued by a fear of the darkness for as long as she can remember. The haunting, green, glo... More

The Werewolf In The Closet..2
The Werewolf In The Closet..3
The Werewolf In The Closet..4
The Werewolf In The Closet..5
The Werewolf In The Closet..6
The Werewolf In The Closet..7
The Werewolf In The Closet..8
The Werewolf In The Closet..9
The Werewolf In The Closet..10
The Werewolf In The Closet..11
The Werewolf In The Closet..12
The Werewolf In The Closet..13
The Werewolf In The Closet..14
The Werewolf In The Closet..15
The Werewolf In The Closet..16
The Werewolf In The Closet..17
The Werewolf In The Closet..18
The Werewolf In The Closet..19
The Werewolf In The Closet..20
The Werewolf In The Closet..21
The Werewolf In The Closet..22
The Werewolf In The Closet..23
The Werewolf In The Closet..24
The Werewolf In The Closet..25
The Werewolf In The Closet..26
The Werewolf In The Closet..27
The Werewolf In The Closet..28
The Werewolf In The Closet..29
The Werewolf In The Closet..30
Epilogue ;)

The Werewolf In The Closet..1

61.4K 1K 268
By Cqari2Sweet

© 2014 by Cqari2Sweet

All rights reserved

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1

     I have a fear of the dark, which may seem silly to some.

     Despite being 17 years old and not a little kid anymore, I still find myself afraid when surrounded by darkness. Standing at an average height of 5'5, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a sprinkle of freckles across my face, I might appear confident and composed during the day. But don't let it be night time. Whether it's my imagination or not, I've been seeing green eyes in the dark since I was a child. It freaked me out enough to sleep with a night light until this day.

     I'm Ady. You sound it out like band-AID with an e sound at the end. My mom said she was going to name me Betry, but that turned out to be my middle name, and Cast turns out to be my last name.

     "Aid, Mommy said to come downstairs this instant, or she'll come up here and pour ice cold water down your back," my little brother, Vincent, came into my room and jumped up and down on my bed. Pepsi, our german shepard, came and hopped onto the bed next to me.

     "Okay okay!" I hit Vinny in the butt with a pillow. He giggled and ran out the room.

     I ran a hand through my long hair, making it tousled. Shaking my head, I went downstairs in my pajamas, yawning and stretching on the way down.

     "Hey, Nala!" My dad gave me a big hug, shaking me, trying to wake me up. My dad calls me Nala because he says I yawn like a big wolf or a lioness.

     "Hi, Dad." I gave him a big squeeze. Then a delicious smell hit my nose. "Mom's making pancakes?"

     "Yeah, she is. You'd better hurry and eat them before Vinny does. He's the one who woke us up for Mom to make them," he said. I could tell he was serious. I tip-toed into the kitchen, peeked behind the corner, and looked around; Mom had her back turned to me and Vinny was sitting at the table, eating his first batch of pancakes and giving some of them to Pepsi. Vinny saw me and his eyes went wide. I put my finger to my lips.

     I tip-toed over behind Mom, ready to pounce on her. I got her now, I thought.

     "Aid, can you please stop trying to sneak up on me?" she turned around, and her matching blue eyes narrowed at me.

     "Dammit!" How does she do that? I swear, it's like she has a sixth sense!

     She rolled her eyes. "Now, hurry up and eat. It's Saturday, don't you want to hang out with Paige?"

     "Of course I do," I said, fixing myself a plate of pancakes. "Vinny, can you pass me the syrup?"

     He tried to be cool and slide the bottle to me, but it went lopsided, and it almost flung off the table. Luckily for my fast reflexes, I caught it before it hit the ground.

     My mom gave me the look like she always does when there's something she's not telling me. I sighed and poured the Syrup on my pancakes.

     "Mommy, can we go to the park?" Vinny asked once we were finished eating.

     "Sure. Maybe the Ice Cream Man will be there," she smiled.

     "Yay!" Vinny jumped around.

     "Do you want to come, Ady?" She turned to me.

     "Sure. Mind if Paige comes, too?"

     "Of course. She's always welcome."

     I smiled and went upstairs to my room. I took a quick shower, wrapped a towel around me, and went to find something to wear.

     I looked through my closet and chose a yellow ruffled shirt and gray jeans. When I went to look for my shoes, I only found one gray flat. I grunted, knowing where the other one was.

     I stomped to Pepsi's bed where he lay guarding it. "Pepsi, how many times have I told you not to steal my shoes?" I said. He whined, gave me my ballet flat and whined again. I smiled at him and ruffled his head. His tail starts wagging again. I couldn't be mad at him. I put on my flat, and grabbed my cell phone, texting Paige.

     [Hey, wanna hang with me and my family at the Park?]

     A little while later, she texts back: [Sure, I'll be over in a few minutes.]

     Paige kept her promise, and a few minutes later, I had a weird feeling that she was walking to our door-step this minute. I walked to the door, and there she was.

     "Hey!" She greeted me.

     "Hi!" I greeted her back.

     We were at the park now, which was a few blocks away from my home. Paige and I are sitting on the swings, talking and laughing, when I have a strange feeling of someone watching me. I turned my head to look in that direction and squinted my eyes, looking into the dark woods. I see the bright green eyes, looking at me, once again.

     "Ady?" Paige shook my shoulder.

     "Sorry, Paige. What did you say?"

     "Forget about what I said, are you alright? If you don't feel comfortable by the woods, we could move."

     See, this is why we are best friends. If we're talking, and one of us weren't listening because of something else, we don't go back into that conversation, we get curious and see what's wrong with each other, that's what best friends do.

     "I'm alright. It's just - do you see anything in the woods?" I pointed.

     "No, not really. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked.

     "Yeah, I'm good."

     She nodded, but I could tell she wasn't convinced.

     When the day was over, Paige got a call from her mom, saying she had to come home right away. So I let her go and said I'll see her tomorrow. I tucked Vinny into bed, and said goodnight to my parents.

     I went to my room and thought about something. I dragged Pepsi's bed into my room, since he's always in my room anyways. Pepsi could sleep with me tonight. I feel safer already. I changed into my pajamas, plugged in my little lamp, and crawled into bed with Pepsi by my side.

     I closed my eyes, but I wasn't tired at all. I tossed and turned, and I just couldn't go to sleep. Then, somewhere in the forest, there was a howl. I sat up, looking around.

     Wait, a howl? Like a wolf? I didn't know that there were wolves in Wisconsin. Pepsi started to growl.

     "Pepsi?"

     He kept growling. Then he howled too. "Shh!"

     He howled one more time and stopped. There was another howl, and it sounded like, 'Ady.'

     Like it just whispered my name.

     You know what? I'm going crazy. No wolf would howl my name. I rolled my eyes, and flopped back onto my pillow.

------------------------------

     The next day, I had to get ready for school, which I absolutely did not want to do. I just wanted to stay in bed all day and relax.

     "Aid, I know what you're thinking, but you have to go to school. I'm watching you, making sure you get ready." My mom walked by the doorway and threw something at me. I caught it, reflexively, and smiled. It was my phone. I forgot about it yesterday I guess. Truth is - I didn't even realize it was gone.

     I groggily got up and made my way to the bathroom, taking a quick shower, then choosing my clothes. I put on a plaid shirt and blue jeans, and thankfully, today, Pepsi didn't steal my shoes. I put my hair down, curling it, and leaving my bangs in the front.

     When I was done doing everything I was supposed to do, like get ready and eat and all, there was a honk outside.

     "That's Chris. See you later, Mom! Bye Dad!" I yelled, grabbed my things, and left. When I got in Chris' truck, he embraced me with a tight hug. "Hey, gorgeous."

     "Hey, buddy," I said.

     "What'cha been up to lately?" he asked once he let go of me.

     "Nothing. I went to the park and hung out with Paige." And saw those green eyes in the dark, again.

     We reached the school and got out of his truck, walking towards the double doors.

     He started to look me up and down, and his eyebrow raised.

     "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows as he gave me a strange look.

     "Have you grown in the past two days?"

     "No." I was taken back a little. I don't think I did.

     "I think you have! On Friday, you went to my chin. Now," he measured me. "You go to my eyes! I can't see the top of your head anymore!"

     "You were calling me short?" I challenged.

     He snorted. "Hell, no! You're taller than most girls here! 5'10? Well, you're probably like 6 feet now!"

     "Whatever!" I punched him.

     "Ow! Have you gotten stronger, too?"

     I rolled my eyes, and we split up, going to our classes. My first class was with Paige, so I wasn't surprised when there was a loud outburst, "Ady!"

     "Miss King, please," our teacher said. Paige apologized, and I went to go to my seat. Did I mention I was the only student without a partner in this class? Ms. Bruin says there were not enough students in this class, so she put me by myself. Why me? I asked her, but she says I'm a trouble-maker. I laughed. Me? A trouble-maker? Whatever!

     "Seems like someone won't be alone anymore," Ms. Bruin said. What does she mean by that? "We have a new student class. Come on in, darling," she gestured.

     Paige and I glanced at each other, waiting to see the new kid. When the student came in, my mouth dropped. I'm sure a thousand flies would come in my mouth now.

     The first thing that popped in mind was that he was best-looking guy in this school possibly. I could tell he was very built, even with the leather jacket he had on. He was lightly tanned with dark brown hair - that looked very soft and shiny from where I'm sitting - and his eyes....

     I gasped. His eyes were staring right directly at me, but that's not the reason I gasped. He is hot too, but that's also not the reason why I gasped. His eyes were green - the green eyes that I see in the dark. He had those eyes! He was still looking at me. I quickly looked away, but then I couldn't help myself, so I looked at him again to see him still looking at me! I'm pretty sure I was blushing right now.

     "What's your name, darling?" Ms. Bruin asked.

     "The name's Loren Lexington." I swear, when he spoke, I heard the girls in this class sigh, and I saw some flutter their eyelashes, even Paige. To tell you the truth, I think I sighed a little, too.

     Then, to make matters worse, Ms. Bruin sat him right next to me. Oh, so that's what she meant about how I wouldn't be a problem anymore.

     When he sat next to me, I tried not to look at him or start drooling. I could feel the heat coming from his body. I mean, it's Spring, and he's the only one who's insanely warm.

     I took a glance at Paige who was looking at me with wide eyes. She mouthed to me, 'Talk to him!' I shook my head. 'Do something!' she mouthed again. I widened my eyes when Loren side-way glanced at me, and I smiled. "Hi."

     When he didn't say anything, I felt a little self conscious about myself.

     I looked back at Paige who shrugged her shoulders. I know what she was thinking - maybe he's not that interested.

     "Hi, Ady."

     I realized the voice came from Loren, and I looked at him.

     "How did you know my name?"

     "It's on your paper," he smirked and pointed to my paper. I mentally slapped myself. "It's okay, it happens all the time."

     I was totally confused about what he was talking about. "What?"

     "You're speechless. You think I'm so hot, and you can't make up what to say to me. I don't do conversations," he shook his head.

     I wanted to say, "Well, too bad because you're having one right now!" Instead, I said, "I don't know what you're talking about. You're crazy."

     That was the dumbest thing I've ever said!

     He turned to me and looked at me with those green, gleaming eyes. "So you don't think I'm hot?" he smirked, and my cheeks burned. I was blushing. "From your blush, I can tell you do think I'm hot," he smiled. His smile was drop-dead gorgeous.

     "I, um, well.... I-" I was stuttering! Oh my God! I'm making a fool of myself! Loren laughed, shook his head, and turned to the desk still smiling.

     God, he's self-important, incredibly hot, insufferable-

     The loud shriek of the bell interrupted my thoughts, and for that, I was happy to get away from Loren. I rolled my eyes when I got next to Paige who was smiling like a dork.

     "I saw you talking to him," she nudged me.

     "It was horrible. He's horrible!" I said.

     "He can't be that bad."

     "No, he's not. He's just so...smirky."

     "Smirky? Is that a word?" she laughed.

     "No, I just couldn't find a word to come up with," I shrugged.

     "Hot, sexy, bad-boy, delicious....basically just hot," she smiled.

     I rolled my eyes and smiled. We were off to our next class. Paige wasn't in my class, but I had a weird feeling I knew who was.

     "Loren, looks like you're in this class," Ms. Webb guided him to the back which was two seats from me. We worked by ourselves in this class. Ms. Webb is strict. We don't even do group or partner work.

     From the corner of my eye, I see a blonde pull her tight shirt down, making sure to show all of her cleavage. When Loren walked by, she flipped her hair back from her chest to show everything she had. I rolled my eyes, disgusted by her.

     When I looked at Loren, he spotted me and smirked a little while he sat down. When he looked away from me, his eyes went to the blond who was trying to be very flirtatious with him. He winked at her and she giggled. I gagged.

     I just couldn't wait for this class to be over! Next was physical education. I hope he isn't in P.E. next. I would seriously be pissed about having almost all of my classes. When class was over I rushed past Loren and Blondie flirting together. I saw Loren sneak a glance at me, but I left out already.

     Paige had this class with me, and she was already in the locker room, changing into her workout clothes. I started to change into my clothes that consisted of a magenta colored tank-top, black boy shorts, and brown and magenta Nike Blazer high-tops. I put my hair in a ponytail and waited on Paige to get finished changing.

     We came out of the locker room and started doing drills. The gym door opened, and I honestly couldn't believe who walked in. However, I wasn't all that surprised.

     He looked damn good, though.

     He had on a white Nike t-shirt on, which you can totally see his abs in, some black boy shorts, like mine, and also....some brown Nike blazer high-tops. When he saw me, he smiled. He came over to me and started stretching too. "Looks like someone is trying to steal my style," he teased.

     "Oh, please. This is what I always wear," I rolled my eyes.

     "Me too."

     I couldn't help but notice his abs. The way they stretched out as he stretched, making him look buff. When he noticed me looking at him, I quickly glanced away, hoping he didn't catch me. When I looked back at him, he was still looking at me, then he smiled.

     "Alright, 6 laps. Let's go!" Coach Herman said. "Let's go, Ady!" Coach smiled at me. I'm the fastest on the team. I've beaten every past record at this school. I really don't know why, or how, but it's awesome. So when Coach blew the whistle, I was already behind the other runners. I was smiling to myself when I noticed how fast I was running.

     "Ady, you've gotten faster!" Coach yelled to me, checking his timer. I tried to wave, but he was too busy looking somewhere else. "Wow, new kid! You're as fast as Ady!"

     That made me stop.

     "What?" I muttered to myself. I looked around and Loren was running next to me.

     "Looks like you're not the only fast runner in school, huh?" he joked. I pushed him, which made him go off balance, and I laughed. He laughed with me.

     "Alright!" Coach said when we were done running. The other kids had their hands on their knees, trying to catch their breath.

     "Wow," Paige leaned on me. "You're not even breaking a sweat, Ady! Did you get faster?"

     I shrug and laugh a little, nudging her softly.

     When P.E. was over, it was nearly time for lunch. I took a quick shower and put on my clothes, braiding my wet hair.

     Paige and I walked to lunch together. Paige was still breathing hard. "You're still tired?" I asked. She nodded, and I let her lean on me to catch her breath on our way to lunch.

     "Ady!" Chris called my name.

     "Hey, Chris! Coming to lunch?"

     "Yeah." He put his arm around my shoulder lightly because I already have Paige leaning on me.

     When we got there, I didn't want to eat, even though I was just a little hungry, but I stayed with Paige. "Okay, I'm good," she breathed.

     "Good," I smiled.

     "Hey, want to come sit over here?" I heard some girls say from across the room. Did I mention I have good hearing too? It must have gotten better.

     "No, thanks, girls." I realized the voice was Loren's. He came and sat at our two people only table, well, now three.

     "Hey, Loren," Paige and I said.

     "Who's this?" Chris said, eyeing Loren suspiciously.

     "Chris, this is Loren. Loren, this is Chris," Paige introduced before I could.

     "Sup, man." They shook hands. Loren looked at me before he sat down with a small bag in his hands. He pulled out a Subway sandwich.

     I think my mouth was starting to water, and my stomach growled. As if he heard it, Loren looked at me. "Would you like a piece?"

     "Sure." How could I say no when I'm starving?

     "How about you, Paige?"

     "Sure."

     Well, isn't he sweet? We finished eating, and Chris already had gotten him a tray,so he was done eating too.

     "Why would he sit over there by 'The Lames?" some girl said from across the room. Loren turned around and looked at her. She smiled and waved. I think he probably winked at her again. He turned back around.

     "I don't think you girls are lame," he said.

     "What?" Paige asked.

     "Wait, you heard that, too?" I asked him.

     "Heard what?" Chris ordered.

     "Those brunettes over there called us lames," I explained to him.

     "Yeah, I heard it," Loren said, finally answering my question.

     Paige gasped. "Your hearing is getting better, too?" She shook her head. "Are you sure you guys never met? I think you're related. I mean, you both are good-looking, both have cool, pretty eyes, both have incredibly fast speed, and you both have really good hearing. You guys must be!"

     "I think we'd know if we met," Loren laughed and so did I.

     "Loren, your eyes do look familiar. I've seen them before," I got quiet. "I see them every night," I put my head down.

     Both Loren and I got really quiet. I'm sure he heard that. "I think I'm gonna head out now," Loren said. "See ya."

He just got up and left.

     "What the fuck was that about?" Chris asked. "He started to be in friend mode. I guess he's still in the acquaintances mode." He shrugged, and I laughed. I have no idea. Was it what I said? Does he think I'm crazy?

     I won't ever know unless I talk to him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 15.6K 52
His hand muffled my scream for help, he tries to shush me but I only struggle harder to get away from him. My tears are falling onto his hand but he...
27.7M 632K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
119K 4.7K 34
**Featured on Wattpad Werewolf profile. Female Alpha category** Hush now, lock your doors. When the lights go out Hear us roar All through the night...
37K 946 27
"What do you mean we are mates!" As I look into his bright grey eyes they are holding an emotion I have not seen before. Amara has had a toug...