MONSTER IN ME | riven [ fate...

By siriuslyblacklol

" the monster in me loves the monster in you " in which riven is supposed to hate sky's sister, yet there's... More

𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐢. 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭
𝐢𝐯. 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭
𝐯. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐯𝐢. 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫
𝐢𝐱. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐱𝐢. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐨
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ― 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈
𝐱𝐯. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐱. 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧

20.7K 775 519
By siriuslyblacklol

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧 : 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 )

𝐈 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 - 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

Time was a funny thing. In a matter of seconds, Riven had gone from feeling Circe's lips on his to having Sky's fists in his face, threatening the life out of him. 

"That's my sister, you fucking wanker!" Sky screamed into Riven's face, who still remained in shock at the way the moment had rapidly ascended.

Circe snapped out of her gaze, realising that the sight before her very eyes was actually occurring. Grabbing Sky's sleeve, she pulled back, anguish written in her face. "Sky, stop!"

Managing to escape from Sky's grasp, Riven stumbled away, watching as Circe stood in front of her brother. Sky stared down at her, nose flaring in anger as he clenched and unclenched his fists by his sides. In return, Circe did not back down from the intense stare, and instead returned it with self-assurance. 

"Calm down, Sky. Don't be rash about this, it's not-"

Sky snapped his head towards Riven, who immediately snapped his mouth shut in silence. "You. Outside, now."

Riven glanced at Circe, but did so, storming away as Circe slightly pushed Sky in anger. "What the hell? You are so overreacting right now-"

"I'll deal with you later." Sky snapped, pushing by his sister as he exited the room in pursuit of Riven. Circe let out a breathless sigh, scrunching her eyes shut as she cursed. Running a hand through her blonde locks, she hesitated on whether to follow or let her brother erase his anger before addressing him like an adult.

Ignoring the sharp wind on his face, Sky stormed out of the building, anger blinding his rationality as he approached Riven. "Seriously, you're running from me? Ashamed now, are we?"

"Fine." Riven scoffed, turning around as he adjusted his leather jacket. "Ready to hear you overreact and listen to what a shit I am."

"You are, always have been. But this is a new low, even for you." scrunching his face in disgust, Sky ran his fingers through his dirty blond hair. "I mean, my sister? Seriously? You could've played around with any other girl, but you just had to pick Circe. You really can't take anything seriously."

Frowning, Riven's cerulean eyes turned cold. "She's not like other girls."

"What, want what you can't have? Is that it? It's all just a game with you. You must really hate her if you want to hurt her that much."

And that was the final straw for Riven. "I could never hate Circe, that's the whole problem!"

Sky paused, frowning slightly confused, taken aback from his words. "What-"

"I have never hated her. In fact, I've pretty much fucking loved her since I met her!" Riven paused, exhaling angrily as he realised what he had just blurted out. Widened eyes painted a picture in Sky's face, who watched Riven as he awaited for him to continue, realisation dawning on him. Sighing, Riven stretched his shoulders as he continued. "You two, the perfect siblings, were my only friends when I first came here. You introduced me to Circe and I . . . fuck, I fell, okay? And then you told me to stay away from her and it was fucking impossible stop thinking about her. So I made her hate me. Pushed her away, insulted her, annoyed her, hooked up with as many girls that it would take to forget Circe . . . yet I never did."

Sky stared at him, conflicted. Guilt squirmed his insides. He had always assumed . . . he didn't know what to make of his confession.

As if suddenly aware of the silence, Riven snapped his gaze up, feeling judged for his words. "Besides, why are you up in my face about this? You're the one with the girlfriend. Maybe stop creeping around with first years when you've got little miss princess dangling on a side."

Shaking his head out of his thoughts, anger had difuminated, Sky retorted in a softer voice. "That's not what's going on, I-"

"You sure?" Riven answered, raising a calculative eyebrow. Sky knew what the brown haired boy was doing; focusing the blame and guilt on someone else instead of addressing his own problems. "That's what everyone sees; including Stella. It's no wonder she's with someone else."

Sky frowned, staggering slightly back. All the new information was now getting hard to process. "Stella is someone else?"

As if suddenly realising what he had spilled, Riven shrugged, pulling his leather jacket tighter around him as he shook his head. "Shit. Shouldn't have said that. Circe's going to kill me."

Ignoring Riven's mutterings, Sky watched his friend as he stormed away, remaining outside. He exhaled, tiredness coursing through his veins as he realised he hadn't manage to solve anything. Instead, he had opened new secrets, adding to the list of things he had to deal with. Shaking his head, he decided to talk to Circe before going to see Stella.

Stumbling back inside, he walked inside the room, where Circe was sat as she anxiously gnawed at her nails, a bad habit she had since childhood. Glancing up, Circe stood up, observing his face as to read the room. "Circe-"

Sky began, but the girl lifted her hand, stopping him in his tracks. "No, let me talk first, okay? Just hear me out. I know me and Riven, uhm, was probably unexpected. And maybe your worst nightmare. But I'm grown now, Sky. I can make my own decisions. And I know this one is probably a bad one, but I, foolishly, like Riven. He gets me. He doesn't lie, or tiptoe around me. He challenges me. And I think I'm starting to get him too. And while I'm not searching for your permission, as my older brother, it'd be nice to have your approval."

Circe stared at Sky expectantly, who softly chuckled, a reaction Circe hadn't expected. "Geez, you and Riven really like your speeches, huh?" Circe remained silent, not knowing what Sky was talking about, who ran his fingers through his hair again. "I'm sorry, Circe. I overreacted. I just thought . . . I assumed."

"It's fine. I understand." 

Sky opened his arms, and Circe grinned as she approached him. 

"He really cares about you, you know?" Circe remained silent, blushing slightly as she hid her red tinted cheeks in the crook of her brother's neck as they hugged. It didn't last long, and as they pulled away, Sky nodded. "Well, I should go see Stella. See if she's actually with someone else."

Circe winced. "Riven told you, huh?"

"You knew? You little rat." Sky laughed, rubbing his hand on Circe's hair as to mess it all up. 

Shrugging, she nudged him. "I didn't know for sure, but it was obvious how she kept sneaking off. Like you do with Bloom."

It was Sky's turn to wince, scratching the back of his neck. "Wow. I'm a shitty boyfriend."

"Meh." Circe laughed as Sky mocked offence. "It's just that you and Stella aren't in love with each other. Easy as that. Maybe you'll have better luck with that red-head fairy you seem to be infanuated with."

Parting ways, it was already dark outside as the siblings head back inside to the building. Taking separate paths, Circe went down the hallways, only wanting to jump on her bed and fall to a state of sleep. Stiffling a yawn, Circe raised her eyebrows surprised to see that Riven was leaning against the wall outside her suite, a cigarette hanging from his bottom lip.

Smiling softly, she approached him, watching as his cerulean eyes followed her. "You waited for me?"

"As if. Just happened to be around." he drawled, the smile on his face mimicking hers, as the two leaned on the wall, staring at each other with hesitance. 

Biting her bottom lip, Circe tilted her head. "You're a big softie underneath, aren't you?"

Riven opened his mouth to retort, yet shut it, staring at her intensely. "Only for you." a pause, a fleeting flutter in her heart. "What'd Sky say?"

"He actually apologised for overreacting." tilting her head, she looked at Riven curiously. "What did you say to him?"

Shrugging, Riven replied "That's between me and your brother."

"Whatever it was, it worked." their lips brushed together, the smell of smoke overpowering Circe's senses. "What are we, Riv? I mean, we don't have to label it, but-"

Riven interrupted her by pulling Circe into him, lips melting together as his arms slithered around her waist. Circe gave in; she didn't have the strength to pretend that he wasn't what she craved anymore. Slightly parting, Riven bit down his bottom lip, trying to gather the words. "I've never really been committed before. Are we like, supposed to hold hands? Because that's unbelievably cringy and-"

Stopping in his words, he widened his eyes as he glanced down. Warmth spread in his hand as he stared at Circe's hand interlinked with his. Bringing his eyes back up to hers, a blush covered her cheeks as she stared at him expectantly. Not being the best at words, Riven kissed her against, tilting her chin slightly upwards as they fell harder for each other in an empty hallway.

It felt the start of something magical.

soo longer chapter but i just had to fit it all in i love my in love babies so much

also, I KNOW i'm always saying this but i actually posted a ginny & georgia fanfic so if you're interested go check it out. and you haven't watched the show, what are you waiting for? 

go do it now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 257 15
"In the end the shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach" J.R.R Tolkien I will face God an...
610K 14.1K 37
∾✧。COMPLETE MESS【BOOK ONE】 ۵∾ ❛CALL IT A LESSON WHEN I FEEL YOU SLIDE AWAY AND I'M MISSING OUT ON HALF MY LIFE OH YOU M...
8K 133 14
,,Fine, make me the villain of your story. The hero will always sacrifice everything, even you for the world. The villain will sacrifice the world fo...
213K 5.6K 46
∾✧。LIE TO ME【BOOK TWO】 ۵∾ ❛AND I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T BUT IF I ASK YOU IF YOU LOVE ME I HOPE YOU LI-LI-LI-LIE LIE TO M...