Just Roommates

De justkending

These two college friends have had years to grow together. Each being the others support system, adventure bu... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-One

2.1K 75 6
De justkending

"Eh, too mermaid-y. How are you supposed to walk in that?" Wanda asked, taking a sip of her champagne.

"I can't walk in it," Y/N said, tugging at the bodice as she tried to move comfortably.

"Not the one. Next!" Wanda waved off.

"I agree," she said, moving back to the dressing room where one of the bridal assistance was already getting the next dress ready.

"So, he was fine with it? Fine with a small wedding and the simplicity of it?" Wanda asked as Y/N stayed behind the curtain changing into the next one.

"More than fine. He was extremely excited. On the way back inside to the house, he was talking about all the little details that he could have done by the end of the week."

"So this Friday, 4 days from now, you guys are going to do the deed?" Wanda asked with a smile.

"Four days," Y/N confirmed.

"How are you going to get this tailored in time?"

"Peggy actually offered to help with that!"

"Wait, Steve's Peggy?"

"That's the one. The only Peggy we know," Y/N laughed after a slight grunt pulling up the new dress.

"Right. I'm glad he finally told us about her. I mean we haven't met her, but at least he's introducing her to us soon."

"He was nervous. You know how rowdy our group is."

"Not me and Vis. We're the calmest of the bunch..." She said proudly, taking another sip of the bubbly drink.

"Vis is. Have you met yourself 3 drinks in?" Y/N chuckled on the other side.

"No, what's she like?" the redhead played along.

"Oh, you'll know in about..." Y/N peeked her head out looking at the bottle of champagne next to her friend. "Say, one more glass?"

"You're a hoe."

"Takes one to know one," Y/N winked. "Ok, next dress." The curtains were pulled back fully, and Y/N moved toward the pedestal in front of the giant mirror. "Thoughts?" There was silence as Y/N picked up the dress a few times and adjusted it to flow around her. The assistant helping as well. "Wands?" she asked confused why she hadn't heard anything yet.

Turning around Wanda was visibly tearing up. The drink was forgotten and her eyes set on her best friend.

"Wand-"

"Y/N... That's it. That's the one."

"Yeah?" Y/N smiled turning back to the mirror with a grin. "You think?"

"What do you think?"

"I mean I think so too, but I wanted to know what you thought."

"It's not my day, Y/N/N. This is your day and your moment," she paused letting Y/N take in the moment and really concentrate. "What do you think?" she asked again.

Y/N looked up and down at the white gown. The smile on her face never leaving and her cheeks turning a natural pink.

"I think this is it too," she said through a small laugh. "Yeah... This is it."

______________________

"Ok, so we need about 30 chairs right out here. Wait, maybe we should do 40-50 just to be safe," Nat said pointing out towards the tree where the planning had already begun.

"Nat, not that many people are coming. We decided on close friends and family," Y/N laughed as she cut a few more flowers from her garden for decoration.

"Speaking of which," Wanda spoke up next to her as she stood from her own gardening spot. "Have you talked to your family?" she said in a more hushed tone.

"Uh, kinda..." Y/N demeanor changed some. More uneasy and nervous now.

"Kinda meaning?" Nat asked with an encouraging smile knowing the situation that was her family.

"I sent a announcement to them. Told them we were engaged. But considering we never got around to REALLY setting a date, and making save the date cards, I didn't really invite them," she mumbled.

"Well, do you want them to come?" Wanda said standing and now joining the other two women in a huddle of sorts.

She stood thinking about how to answer. What was her answer to that anyway? Did she want them to come? They didn't have much of a relationship ever since she started college and went her own way and not the family way. I mean she was still in contact with her sister and brother. Not extremely close, but they kept tabs on each other. Her parents on the other hand... They had maybe spoken 2 sentences to her after all these years. They practically cut her off. Even after sending the announcement they didn't respond back.

"Truly, I don't care. My siblings? Yeah. My parents though? I'll reach out and be the bigger person. If they come, great. If they don't... Well, we know where their thoughts lie," she said matter of factly, straightening up showing she was ready to move on. "Nat, what do you think about this assortment for the aisle?"

Natasha and Wanda shared a glance as Y/N quickly moved on to a new subject. They gave each other a look as if telepathically having a conversation.

"Uh, yeah. Those look stunning together," Nat said with a smile not pushing the subject any further. "What do you say we go inside and call the caterer? I can make some strawberry lemonade while we're at it."

"Ugh, that sounds great! It's getting a little hot out here," Y/N nodded starting her walk inside with a quick pace.

"Think we should do something about it?" Nat asked as her and Wanda stayed a little behind.

"Let me handle it. I think I can at least get a hold of them," Wanda nodded still watching her friend ahead.

"You sure?"

"I hope so."

____________

"Hey Sassy. How you doing?" Bucky asked, walking into the master bedroom where Y/N was already on her side of the bed with a book in hand and pajamas on.

"I'm doing fine," Y/N said peeking up from the hardback and smiling at the blue eyed man. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing just as good as you are," he grinned leaning over and placing a kiss to her cheek before walking to the bathroom.

"You calling it a night with the shop?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, you know, they finished construction on it 10x faster than I expected," Bucky said from the other room. "It came together even better than I planned too!"

"I can tell. You've been out there all day with the boys," she laughed looking at her book. But not really reading much.

"Thank God they were here too. I was able to get 2 of my cars in there today because of it."

"That's good! How many more things do you have to transfer over from storage?"

"Only two of my bikes and some boxes with tools and equipment are left. But those can wait 'till after the honeymoon," he said poking his head out with a wiggle of his eyebrows before going back to brush his teeth.

"Dork," Y/N chuckled, digging back into the chapter in front of her.

Five minutes later when Bucky had done his nightly routine, he pulled the sheets back on his side of the bed and curled into Y/N's side. She threw her arm on that side over his back and began rubbing circles on his bare skin as he snuggled into her.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Bucky asked looking up at her through his lashes.

"Of course, B," she smiled never turning from the interest of the book.

He paused for a second before continuing. "Wanda and I talked today."

Her eyes stopped scanning the page, and she tensed some, but quickly tried to play it off already knowing where the conversation was headed.

"I would hope so. The whole team was over here for over 5 hours today helping us get things ready for the wedding," she said with a calm laugh.

"Yeah, yeah..." he nodded, sitting up more so that he could see her face clearly. "She uh, she brought up your parents."

"What about them?" Y/N said acting as if not phased.

"Y/N, you know what I'm about to ask," he sighed, placing his index finger and thumb on her chin as he turned her face to him. "Wanna just tell me how you're actually feeling about it so we can figure it out?"

"Nothing to figure out. I reached out to them about it, and didn't hear anything back. End of story. Nothing more to worry about," she said shortly.

"Clearly there is. You're stressed out about it, and I can see it in your eyes."

"Buck, they didn't respond to the announcement. They didn't make any comment or even like the Facebook post I shared about us changing the date. Clearly, they don't care."

"That's not true. You and I both know they care," Bucky said in a soothing tone.

"If they did, why aren't they reaching out?" she said quickly and with her eyes reddening some.

He took a second as he watched Y/N fight the tears that were pushing their way through the dam behind her eyes. But the woman was strong and stubborn and didn't let the dam break. She took a deep breath closing her eyes and turning back to the book as a distraction.

"I know you won't care to do it, and I don't blame you. But... Maybe, they aren't reaching out because they're scared..."

"Scared isn't in their nature," she huffed an annoyed sigh.

"Sure they're tough it out kinda people, Y/N/N, but their daughter getting married is always going to be something special to them no matter their relationship with you."

"You say that, but you don't know them, Buck. You've never actually met them. You only know what I've told you, and let me tell you this. They. Don't. Care," she said with serious eyes looking at Bucky. The dam overflowing just enough to let a single tear fall.

"Do you not want them there?" Bucky said quietly brushing off the tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Of course I want them there. It's my wedding day!" she laughed sarcastically, turning her head to hide her vulnerability on the subject. "Even all the shitty things that've come out of our relationship, they're still family. I still love them even though I shouldn't with how they've treated me. I still want my parents to see me take that next step in life."

Bucky didn't speak. She had something on her chest and he was going to let her get it out there without interruption.

"I guess the only reason I care is because I know they do deep down," she said looking off out the window to the right. "My sister calls every once in a while checking in. Same with my brother. You know what they say?" Bucky tilted his head in response. "They say that mom and dad want to know how I'm doing."

Bucky raised his eyebrows in slight shock. She didn't talk much about her parents and when she did, it wasn't stuff that showed they were concerned for her.

"They care. I know they do. They just don't want to show it cause they're also not happy with the direction I took my life. Their pride gets in the way." She let out a sigh thinking about it more. "I love them. Even if they cut me off for most of my adult life. I never stopped loving them. I mean, I had a whole eighteen years with them before our falling out. Was I angry with them? Of course. Do I hate them?" she paused really thinking about her answer. "No. I could never."

There was another round of silence where Y/N was thinking about it all internally. Bucky watching her war go on inside. A few minutes later she spoke up.

"I would love to have my parents there, but the likelihood is small. So I'm not going to get my hopes up." As if instantly she changed her mood wanting to forget the subject. "Can we not worry about it tonight? I have two more days before the big day, and I don't want to stress over something I can't control."

"Of course, darling. We can forget it for the night," he nodded pulling her into him now. "What do you say we watch something to get our mind off it." He wanted to keep the conversation going so she could really get it all out there, but she was tired from the day. She was also stressed about too much already, and he didn't want to add to it where he couldn't help it.

"Can we watch Superstore?" she asked nuzzling into his chest.

"As you wish my dear."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

119K 3K 50
A young woman leaving an abusive relationship finds herself roommates and friends with The Avengers. My story does NOT follow the MCU. Steve didn't l...
160K 4.3K 27
Y/N has always been seen as "Steve's rambunctious sister." However, she grew up, graduated, and moved to London to study abroad for 4 years and get h...
177K 5.2K 53
She falls in love with Bucky Barnes from the moment she sees him. Bucky, still in love with a woman from his past, hates Y/N and plans to make her li...
161K 5.6K 55
"A gift." One guard says to someone else in the room as he leaves. I groan in pain and scrunch myself into a ball, squeezing my eyes shut. Seconds l...