Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]

2.9K 166 114
By Vanshika231

 Vote and comment, please! 

A:N/ I want a ship name for Theodore and Caitlyn. So, tell me your ideas?

 "How many days?" I questioned as I looked into my watch. I sighed as I was getting irritated because he was looking into his laptop since last two hours and here I was getting bored in his aeroplane, without my laptop.

  "Be more clear, wife." He stated mockingly while still typing on his laptop, which I was planning on stealing soon but the catch was, from in front of his eyes. Yes, I really was getting irritated with this little shit.

First, he denied me to bring mine along with me and here, he was busy since the time we boarded plane. I scoffed in disbelief and plopped on the seat beside him.

  "How many days are we going to stay there?" I quipped slyly while rolling my eyes.

  "Ten,"

My eyes widened in disbelief as my mouth fell open like a cat who caught a fish in night. The ten day visit and why?

  "You got to be kidding me!," I rasped furiously, "I run my own business and I can't slack and that too for ten days. One third of a fucking month. Just.. Just shorten this trip."

  "No,"

Has he gone nuts? Every fucking time I try to be normal with him but he keeps on popping a bomb every fucking minute in my life, thinking I'll be okay with it. But I do have my limits and I can't act like it is fucking okay!

  "Why do you keep on doing this? I'm already tired of this," I queried while sighing tiredly and looking away with a distant look.

Jesus knows what the heck is wrong with me but I really felt like hitting my head and crying out loudly. I mean, back at his home, he called me a liar and that too about something as serious as rape. He didn't even think about it once but then also, I came along with him, putting my self respect and damn ego aside.

But he could not expect for me to be always like that! I'm a human for a reason and not a living god.

Like others, I do have a heart, which makes me feel pain more than happiness. Hell, it was my heart only who made the decision to come along with him. Therfore, in a very professional way, do remind me next time to not to listen to this mean heart.

  "I don't quite understand your words, wife. Elaborate."  His frosty and indifferent reply made my blood boil and I decided to keep it that way until I get out of this arrangement. Act cool outside and burn inside, seemed like a great idea to me.

  "Nothing, honey. Why are we going there? Atleast tell me this." I smiled sweetly and asked in a false sugary voice which I was quite sure he had taken notice of but didn't comment.

  "Anton is getting married tomorrow."

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets at his reply. The fucking ice cold, lethal, Anton Romano was getting married? How did he even manage to get a fucking bride for himself? Who would marry him in her sane mind? God, nobody, I think.

But I got the answer to my questions next second.

How did this Bradford got your hold? By blackmailing! So, why are you even shocked? Romano would have done the same only.

Fucking insane friends.

  "He is blackmailing someone to marry him like you, right?" I bit out, a bit frostly, sending him one of my lethal and challenging glare.

He seemed taken aback by my question or more like statement but he focused back on his work again after giving me an unamused look.

  "Cut your tongue, firefly. You might not want me to blackmail you again." He snapped while sending one of his hard glare my way.

I flushed with the pet name and held my tongue, searching for a good comeback. Since when did he start calling me by names?

Since he finger fucked you?

I hissed inwardly at my subconscious mind who seemed to be back after holidaying for a month atleast.

  "So, he is blackmailing someone then, right?" I whispered in an obvious tone while raising my newly trimmed eyebrow.

  "You don't need to know that." He threw back while glancing at my dryly.

  "Sure, Mr. Bradford. But I do have the right to know, what will be doing for ten days there? Don't I?" I replied back sassily while smiling at him and batting my eyeslashes falsely.

His look turned smug and he turned his face towards me. His lips quirked slightly as he smirked.

  "Two days with Anton and the rest one week to us. I have my shares of questions to ask you so, in a way, we will be completing our left twenty questions. I'm afraid to add, we might have some fun there. Actual fun in my language." He stated seriously with the edge in his tone.

No banters, Cait baby. Just stay calm.

  "Theo baby, you know, I'm very good at playing hide and seek. You are trying to play with ice here so beware of the fact that you would get nothing out of it in the last. All you'll be able to get is water vapours." I snarled sarcastically with the same sweet tone I had been using while twirling my finger before his face.

I snapped my fingers and turned back to look in front. I stiffened as I felt a finger trailing the length of my neck. I flinched and whisked his hand away before glaring at him.

  "You know, firefly, I'm very good at never letting things go out of my hand. So, get one fact clear in your mind that I will never let go of your hand. Even if I held it because of my revenge. Atleast not until I'm fully satisfied." He sneered as he lethally stared at me. Even though his voice was as clear as day, I did not get a head or tail out of it. Because all my attention was grabbed by his sharp and red tongue which seemed sweet unlike him.

I gulped heavily and looked away, nodding. I shook my head to clear my mind off but it seemed to dwell more deeply into the fact that my enemy made me orgasm in my drunken state because my body wanted that. But what about now? I was not drunk, for a fact, but then also my body was not reacting upto my satisfaction.

My mind is already fucked up but how did that happen in the first place?

And why do I keep forgetting everything he says to me? Why did I act like what he just did, did not hurt me? When, in the fact, that is all he has ever done, he always does. He blackmailed me, manhandled me, slapped me, accused me but what did I do in return? Just sighed and left it because I was tired? Tired or afraid? Just forty one days and I'm already backing out? Why?

Why do I get weak every time? I was never the one to accept defeat easily.

You are just over thinking, Cait. You need to stop before you fuck up your mind more because of your assumptions. Besides, you should take the first step and call Ashton next thing when you are ready.

I sighed, slightly agreeing with my subconscious. For now, all I need is a good sleep because even the thought of spending left six hours alone with him sends chills through my body.

♤■■■♤

I yawned and followed him out. Well, I just got to know that I had been in my lala land for almost five hours. But yeah, after five hours of sleep, I was feeling quite refreshing and a change in air never harms.

I thought people will be speaking Italian but till now, all I've heard is English only. Frankly speaking, I was getting bored. I heard my phone ring and I silently cursed Jake.

  "Yes, dad?" I asked sarcastically while rolling my eyes and following Mr. Bradford.

  "Don't call me that! I have a bad news for you."

I scoffed angrily and muttered,

  "Push on."

  "You remember the client who made a contract for the hospital?" He questioned vaguely.

  "Yes," I replied, quizzed.

  "Well, he was not satisfied with the drawing we gave him. He wanted to have a word with you. Man, he was basically shouting on how— I'll leave the details. Just call him, okay?"

I held back a groan and replied stiffly that I'll and cut the call briskly. I halted as I felt someone grabbing my hand. I flinched and looked up to see Mr. Bradford, looking at me sharply.

  "What now?"

  "You could have walked into a running vehicle!" He snapped fiercely while I flinched at the high tone he was using, in front of all the people.

I swallowed and mumbled a sorry before snatching my hand back from his grasp. This seemed to trigger him more but before he could speak anything, a person in green tailcoat came our way. Ah, bless this person with a good life, jesus.

  "Sir, your car is here." He informed, oblivious of the fact that Mr. Bradford was fuming and he could be in danger for disturbing Mr. Bradford in between.

  "Does it look Iike I don't know?" He bit back while sending a cold stare towards the brunette. The man seemed to be taken aback for a while before he regained his composture and nodded hastily in affirmation.

I held back my laugh at his response while Mr. Bradford's eyes hardened even more. Which seemed to be seconds after, man realised that he just confirmed and answered the question in affirmative. His eyes widened and shook his head frantically,

  "I'm sorry, sir. Absolutely, no, sir. I'm sure you must be knowing already about it. I was just doing my job."

  "Leave." Mr. Bradford hissed quietly while masking his expressions and morphing them to a blank one.

He glanced at me before nodding at me to trail behind him. I held my breath as he opened the door of the black mercedes for me and entered. Chivalry is not dead, it seems. He stepped in soon and the driver shut the door for him. I scrolled through my phone lazily as the engine came to life and driver took off. I stopped at the name of Contract six forty seven.

Yeah, I had a bad habit of not saving phone numbers by the names. 

I clicked the number after drawing a huge breathe and releasing a sigh simultaneously. I braced myself for what was to come and greeted when the person answered after three rings.

  "Ms. King, at last you got the time." Came the spiteful and acidic reply from the other side. My heart burned with anger but I held my tongue and nodded,

  "Yes, I had some personal matters to attend to. I heard, you wanted to talk some things out?"

  "Yes, I do. I too heard earlier that you were one of the best architect of America but I think those were just fake achievements." He snapped whereas my body shook with the new spiked anger.

  "Excuse me?" I snarled, a bit loudly, while narrowing my eyes. It seemed to have picked Theodore's notice because he glanced at me skeptically. 

  "I studied your plan, Ms. King and I'm not satisfied with it. It was such poorly designed. I asked for three-d structure of the same but it seems you lack professionalism. If you don't know how to do work, then, why ar—" I was too stunned to rebuke back but got startled when the phone was suddenly snatched away from my hands.

I looked wide eyed at Theodore who had my phone near his ear. I gulped as his eyes hardened after hearing to the other line. He suddenly turned his gaze and held mine gaze with his. 

  "Quiet, you pig." 

His iced and frosty sneer had made the hairs on my neck, stand with fear. I shook my head at him pleadingly as my eyes softened but his seemed to harden even more. He brought away the phone and put it on speaker.

  "Wh–Who the fuck are you?" Came a frightened voice laced with uncertainty. 

  "Your terrible nightmare, you lizard."

I choked on my breathe after hearing Mr. Bradford reply. He sure wasn't gonna let this man go off easily. I, anyways, was going to break the contract with him. 

  "What are you saying? And who are you even?"  He tried his luck as he recollected some bits of his remaining confidence. I chuckled and thought it to be best to leave him on Mr. Bradford. 

I looked out of the window while a genuine smile played on my face. I tapped my foot as I waited for his reply.

  "Black Panther."

There was a thick silence as no one spoke. That person seemed to be trying to absorb the new fact thrown his way. Did the person even live in this world? Our marriage was all over the internet and tabloids for over the past month and he didn't even know!

  "I–I How?" He squeaked from the phone, clearly shocked.

  "Get one thing straight, pig. No one gives you the right to talk to my wife like that. And, and if I get to know that you misbehaved with her again, you very well know what I'll do to you. Now, do your work."

A shiver ran up through my body as he spoke possessively while his orbs turned darker and squinted. I squirmed slightly in my seat as I felt his intense gaze on me. I stretched my hand towards him while slightly turning my face towards him.

He roamed his gaze on my face before handing me my phone. We remained still, absorbing the moment and each other's presence. 

  "You look more beautiful when you smile." He commented while turning back and sitting straight. I flushed at the compliment and felt my cheeks becoming hotter and hotter. I was speechless and touched by the intensity and seriousness of his words. Nonetheless, I smiled, genuinely. 

  "We've reached, sir."

The car came to a halt as driver's voice reached to our ears. I looked outside to see an old styled beautiful villa which screamed royalty. The silver exterior with the mishap of white strokes, gave justification to its beauty. My eyes widened as I turned to Mr. Bradford to see a sea behind him. 

  "Wow. What is this place?" I questioned as I looked at Theodore curiously.

  "Peninsula. This is Anton's. Marco also owns one." He spoke while he roamed his steely gaze outside. 

  "And you?"

He chuckled and trailed his gaze from my eyes to neck, sending signals known to my body.

  "I own four, firefly." He said wryly. 

  "Can I buy one?" I muttered while looking at him hopefully.  

  "What is mine, is yours and vice versa, so, I don't see any sense in you buying it. If you want, I'll take you there someday." He shrugged and we got out of the car when two guards opened our respective doors. My shoulders shoulders slumped with the gone hope. 

I held my breathe as the view became more clear without my shades on. It was a beauty. Seeing that we would be spending two days here, I might do some sight seeing too. I hope, Anton won't feel too bad if I happened to venture on his land.

I jumped when I felt a masculine hand sliding through my waist. I relaxed after knowing that it was Theodore and nodded at him. But one questioned lingered in my mind like a leech which I loathed. Why do I feel comfortable with him? Shouldn't it be otherwise? 

My thoughts were cut off with a highly unamused, deep and gruff voice of none another than Anton Romano, future king of Italy.

  "You didn't even come for my bachelorret, Bradford. Thank god, you are on time for my wedding else I would have trailed with that psychic Marco all the party as my bestman."

  "Shut up, Romano."

♤■■■♤

♧ What would be Caitlyn's reaction when she will get to know about bride of Romano? *wiggling*

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
349K 8.1K 22
Summary: Theodore knight your 26 year old hot billionaire. He never has had a girlfriend and doesn't believe in love. This will all change when his p...
273K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
254K 11.7K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...